Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yet only lost one more game than they have, they are beatable but I guess you will be wanting us to lose so you can say it’s because the “messiah” wasn’t playing.
What are you on about really? Why does everything have to have deeper meanings and hidden motives? Stop assuming things.

fergiesarmy1

What are you on about really? Why does everything have to have deeper meanings and hidden motives? Stop assuming.
Well someone accused me of wanting us to lose if Pogba played which wasn’t true, so right back at the real pogba maniacs of which you are.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Well someone accused me of wanting us to lose if Pogba played which wasn’t true, so right back at the real pogba maniacs of which you are.
There you go again assuming things. Not everyone are one and the same you know? Have a nice evening.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was taking penalties when he is in fact the sixth worst penalty taker in premiership history, let that sink in.

Why was he doing that? Because he’s a selfish prick who wants to make his stats look better even though there are better penalty takers in the squad.

And one assist a month for a £100 million pound midfielder who does NOT go into his own box as if it’s beneath him (check the heat maps) is gash whichever way you want to slant the argument pal especially when he has the most possession of any player because of the way we set up when he can be bothered.
Yeah, I'm not going to bother to debate with you because I just feel I'd be wasting my time. You're wrong about the penalties, for one thing, because Rashford and Martial took them as well.

You seem to have some personal issue with your best player, (edit: especially after reading the other posts above this one coming from you) that's your problem. Again, you're talking as if the rest of the team was anywhere close to his level and you don't seem to appreciate how difficult it is for a central midfielder to do what he does with this team and lack of coaching, yes he has the ball a ton because what the hell else is there?!

It's an indictment, not a positive thing, that Pogba was the statistical leader in almost every major categories for United last season. In the little bit he played between injuries this season, it's so clear how he is on a different, superior level to anything else you have here, it jumps out of the TV right away and the comments on the match threads reflected that immediately. You can talk about heat maps, I'm more interested in what are his instructions from the little bit of coaching that may be happening at this club. I have a feeling he's not there by design rather than laziness which I think is a word more appropriate with your assessment of the situation/player.

You can use his price tag as much as you want, it has absolutely nothing to do with what your expectations should be on this team, with its non-existent coaches and complete lack of direction.

You might deserve to lose Pogba, and good luck to whoever comes in afterwards, I wouldn't want to hear what you have to say about them next. Don't get your hopes up that the grass will be greener with someone else, or even two players for the price of Pogba, because I have a sneaky suspicion it will not.

fergiesarmy1

Yeah, I'm not going to bother to debate with you because I just feel I'd be wasting my time. You're wrong about the penalties, for one thing, because Rashford and Martial took them as well.

You seem to have some personal issue with your best player, (edit: especially after reading the other posts above this one coming from you) that's your problem. Again, you're talking as if the rest of the team was anywhere close to his level and you don't seem to appreciate how difficult it is for a central midfielder to do what he does with this team and lack of coaching, yes he has the ball a ton because what the hell else is there?!

It's an indictment, not a positive thing, that Pogba was the statistical leader in almost every major categories for United last season. In the little bit he played between injuries this season, it's so clear how he is on a different, superior level to anything else you have here, it jumps out of the TV right away and the comments on the match threads reflected that immediately. You can talk about heat maps, I'm more interested in what are his instructions from the little bit of coaching that may be happening at this club. I have a feeling he's not there by design rather than laziness which I think is a word more appropriate with your assessment of the situation/player.

You can use his price tag as much as you want, it has absolutely nothing to do with what your expectations should be on this team, with its non-existent coaches and complete lack of direction.

You might deserve to lose Pogba, and good luck to whoever comes in afterwards, I wouldn't want to hear what you have to say about them next. Don't get your hopes up that the grass will be greener with someone else, or even two players for the price of Pogba, because I have a sneaky suspicion it will not.
Didn’t get past the first paragraph - what has that got to with Pogba scoring 8 pens from 13 games - the other “open play” goal came from rebounding his own saved pen. Hope you enjoyed writing the rest.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why is this held up as some kind of achievement? Of course Pogba will top the stat tables given the entire team was set up to go through him, fit his style and feed his urges. With all that status and assistance, I don't see how he could be anything else aside from stat leader of meaningless attributes.

he had one metric to live upto as our star player: elevate the team into a sum bigger than its parts. And he spectacularly failed in that regard.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Why is the held up as some kind of achievement? Of course he will top the stat tables given the entire team was set up to go through him, fit his style and feed his urges. With all that status and assistance, I don't see how he could be anything else aside from stat leader of meaningless attributes.

he had one metric to live unto as our star player: elevate the team into a sum bigger than its parts. And he spectacular failed in that regard.
So if we set up the team to go through McTominay or someone else while Pogba played they would create more chances than him etc etc. No they wouldn't even get close.

An entire season without him and we saw more quality over the top passes in the 20 minutes Pogba played versus Watford than we did by the rest of the team all season. SO your point doesn't stand.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So if we set up the team to go through McTominay or someone else while Pogba played they would create more chances than him etc etc. No they wouldn't even get close.

An entire season without him and we saw more quality over the top passes in the 20 minutes Pogba played versus Watford than we did by the rest of the team all season. SO your point doesn't stand.
Not sure that's a measurable quantitative criteria. More like just your opinion.

Or call it what it is: fanciful Hollywood style passes with an 80% failure rate.

fergiesarmy1

He was playing against Watford at 2-0 up, pretty sure any decent midfielder could ping a ball about without being pressured at that level, not saying he was bad in that 2nd half but it was almost testimonial pace from the half way line.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Didn’t get past the first paragraph - what has that got to with Pogba scoring 8 pens from 13 games - the other “open play” goal came from rebounding his own saved pen. Hope you enjoyed writing the rest.
Ah yeah, that's convenient. I don't want to read more because I'm wrong but can't accept it. Got it. Off you go.

fergiesarmy1

Ah yeah, that's convenient. I don't want to read more because I'm wrong but can't accept it. Got it. Off you go.
Your wrong in the first paragraph and your a total WUM go post another long thread I can laugh at without even reading.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why is the held up as some kind of achievement? Of course he will top the stat tables given the entire team was set up to go through him, fit his style and feed his urges. With all that status and assistance, I don't see how he could be anything else aside from stat leader of meaningless attributes.

he had one metric to live upto as our star player: elevate the team into a sum bigger than its parts. And he spectacularly failed in that regard.
And you've spectacularly failed at making any kind of valid points. It's a complete waste of time to try to explain to you how football works or how just being the pillar of the team as a central midfielder doesn't equate you being the statistical leader in almost every major category. Enjoy your mediocrity.

Your wrong in the first paragraph and your a total WUM go post another long thread I can laugh at without even reading.
Coming from you, it's an honor. I'll post wherever I want, and you can keep pretending you're not reading or laughing, you sound like a real mature, intelligent guy so I'm simply devastated you won't read my precious posts. :lol:

fergiesarmy1

And you've spectacularly failed at making any kind of valid points. It's a complete waste of time to try to explain to you how football works or how just being the pillar of the team as a central midfielder doesn't equate you being the statistical leader in almost every major category. Enjoy your mediocrity.

Coming from you, it's an honor. I'll post wherever I want, and you can keep pretending you're not reading or laughing, you sound like a real mature, intelligent guy so I'm simply devastated you won't read my precious posts. :lol:
I’ve read your short reply and no acceptance your wrong on the penalty thing so ill leave it at that.

laughtersassassin

Not sure that's a measurable quantitative criteria. More like just your opinion.

Or call it what it is: fanciful Hollywood style passes with an 80% failure rate.
Yet those two passes against Watford where fecking class and near enough the only thing we created all game.

So it is measurable that are other players are a lot less capable of creating. Plus you don't need stats although I'm sure we can get some all you need is eye's.

fergiesarmy1

Yet those two passes against Watford where fecking class and near enough the only thing we created all game.

So it is measurable that are other players are a lot less capable of creating. Plus you don't need stats although I'm sure we can get some all you need is eye's.
Those two passes - blimey is that what £1,256,000 gets you for a month.

Stadjer

You wont be able to find a player who is capable of making those kinds of passes and is willing to do it for much less. The times of Paul Scholes are gone....

Pogba made two of those passes and didnt even play the full game. I doubt the whole squad combined will make two of those passes during the whole season. So in that way he deserves to get a generous reward.

Pogba is a special player. They cost money.

Everyone here knows you dislike Pogba and want him out but you are one of the few who refuses to even acknowledge that he is a special player with special qualities not many (you could even argue no other player) has.

If Pogba leaves, and i hope he doesnt leave, he will most likely be just like di Maria and will look like the world class player that he is at his new club. Manchester United will look even worse when the replacement obviously wont be as good as Pogba is.

fergiesarmy1

You wont be able to find a player who is capable of making those kinds of passes and is willing to do it for much less. The times of Paul Scholes are gone....

Pogba made two of those passes and didnt even play the full game. I doubt the whole squad combined will make two of those passes during the whole season. So in that way he deserves to get a generous reward.

Everyone here knows you dislike Pogba and want him out but you are one of the few who refuses to even acknowledge that he is a special player with special qualities not many (you could even argue no other player) has.

If Pogba leaves, and i hope he doesnt leave, he will most likely be just like di Maria and will look like the world class player that he is at his new club. Manchester United will look even worse when the replacement obviously wont be as good as Pogba is.
No arguments everyone knows my feelings on him but two passes when 2-0 down to a team defending doth noth make him maradonna,

Where he fails in all respects is goalscoring (please don’t count his penalties as each miss should count double against what he managed to score with that irritating run up)

His assists - 9 for a season? One a month then?

His defensive work - non existent

Haven’t put this argument out before but there is not a single united player talking about him this season even in jest. It’s like he doesn’t exist within the united squad anymore.

The_Midfielder

If you really think we cannot find a better player than Pogba, you are wrong .. We can buy 2 very good midfielders who fit our style after selling him..

meninred

Last time fans were comparing pogba with erikson and De bruyne in terms of ability not stats.I personally think that pogba is better player than Erikson and close second behind debruyne.what do u think ?

Champagne Football

There's no way Ole would take Rabiot for Pogba in a swap deal. When Juventus were selling Kingsley Coman and Moise Kean, everyone thought they were crazy. Not anymore.
Add that to the fact that Rabiot has the potential to be a trouble-maker, it will never happen

ZenMaster Coltrane

If you really think we cannot find a better player than Pogba, you are wrong .. We can buy 2 very good midfielders who fit our style after selling him..
Sorry, who's going to find a better player? Ed Woodward? This stupid consensus committee made of up dunces? They never even replaced Fellaini or Herrera. You can settle for Longstaff and some more overrated British talent and then spin it as 'Oh they get Man United'.

Stadjer

If you want to replace Pogba with two players it says something about how good Pogba is doesnt it?

How much would Pogba be sold for? 100m? 120m? Remember that Fred did cost 50m and someone like Frenkie de Jong (who was bought for that when Ajax only had qualified for the knock-out fase) cost 70m. Wasnt Rodri from City something like 70m already?

Fred and Frenkie were both players who proved something but both from weak leagues, no Premier League tax and no British nationality tax. Rodri had one good season at Atletico and had a relatively cheap buy-out.

From recent incoming transfers i doubt the ability of the scouting team to find two very good midfielders for Pogba money. Longstaff was mentioned for 50m and he isnt very good when compared to Pogba. Other players mentioned are Madison and Grealish and while they are better than Longstaff they are also (way) more expensive.

I just dont think that selling Pogba will improve the team. Pogba has his flaws but in the end he is more than just a very good player.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We haven't even signed a midfielder better than Herrera

Stadjer

There's no way Ole would take Rabiot for Pogba in a swap deal. When Juventus were selling Kingsley Coman and Moise Kean, everyone thought they were crazy. Not anymore.
Add that to the fact that Rabiot has the potential to be a trouble-maker, it will never happen
If Ole would accept a Rabiot - Pogba swap im going to buy an Ole out shirt or something. Even considering that swap is a sackable offense.... or even a sackable crime.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is he bigger than the club that he was promised a rebuild? I mean in the eyes of some he certainly is bigger.
I don't know in what line of work you are that boss promised you something.
Football isn't the usual line of work so best not compare it with the real world we live in.
There is a level of power play between players and the higher ups that no one in the real world can dream to have.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You don't seem to go more than 2 posts without mentionining Pogba and how much he earns. It's fair to say you're just jealous of his wage and lifestyle.

I don't know why you even bother coming into these threads? all you do is wind yourself up and aim to wind up others. We get it you don't like Pogba, you think he's faking it and the club are covering for him - why keep repeating the same BS? It's getting boring.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Pogba posts about Quran. Berated for it.

Image a catholic player being criticized for posting about Mass or something. Would never happen. This is all bit sickening.
I’ve just seen this. How absolutely bizarre was this from the presenter? Genuinely batshit crazy. World we’re living in now, I guess.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People will still spew until they’re blue in the face that there is no Paul Pogba agenda, btw.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's got to be the only player in history to have been criticised for posting on social media about practising his religion.

Wtf is that about ?

fergiesarmy1

You don't seem to go more than 2 posts without mentionining Pogba and how much he earns. It's fair to say you're just jealous of his wage and lifestyle.

I don't know why you even bother coming into these threads? all you do is wind yourself up and aim to wind up others. We get it you don't like Pogba, you think he's faking it and the club are covering for him - why keep repeating the same BS? It's getting boring.
For every one of my posts there are five nut jobs saying he loves united and is the consummate professional and would never take the piss so gotta keep the balance pal, anyway I’m out for the football today so your free and clear for the day. Enjoy the Pogba love in dudes!

AmanNits04

The only solution for this Pogba saga is, In the coming summer, either make him sign a new contract and shut all this transfer talk or sell him for a huge amount and reinvest that in getting some talented players.
This is getting annoying now, it has been going on for about a year.
It feels as if, from the moment Pogba joined, Media was hell bent on making him move.
We should learn something from Liverpool, they sold coutinho and look at them now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
RVP 2012/13
He didn't though, not one player carried us. We had great performers at each level with Carrick and RVP obviously standing out but the beauty of that season was that we always had a different group of players in great form, from Kagawa and Cleverley, at the beginning of the season to Carrick and RVP at the heart of it, De Gea, Rio and Evans during the second part of the season, Evra refinding his youthful self and Rooney having some great moments. Reducing it to RVP would be a travesty.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He didn't though, not one player carried us. We had great performers at each level with Carrick and RVP obviously standing out but the beauty of that season was that we always had a different group of players in great form, from Kagawa and Cleverley, at the beginning of the season to Carrick and RVP at the heart of it, De Gea, Rio and Evans during the second part of the season, Evra refinding his youthful self and Rooney having some great moments. Reducing it to RVP would be a travesty.
Some history is being rewritten indeed. RVP was awesome but we had a much better and manager anyway

Sara125

I’m not the biggest fan of Pogba but the criticism is starting to get out of hand. It’s not like he’s the first united player to actively practice religion e.g. Javier Hernandez used to openly pray on the pitch before every kick off. Don’t see the problem.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Carrick made more forward passes than anyone in Europe that season
You're right but the question was name one player who carried a team and if I said RVP and Carrick I'd be cheating :) Carrick was fantastic but without RVPs goals we wouldn't of won the league.

Maybe because football is a team game but if RVP (and Carrick) weren't on fire we wouldn't have won the league. I'll never forget that season because of how badly we played and still ended up winners and it just made me realise even more what a genius manager SAF really was. Other than his first PL win I think 2012/13 is right up there with one of his best PL wins. No other manager in the history of the game would of won the league with that group of players. On paper it looked a great squad but the reality was most of these players were on their last legs which was proved when a lot of our legends left shortly after. Having to call back Scholes reiterated just how weak we really were.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You're right but the question was name one player who carried a team and if I said RVP and Carrick I'd be cheating :) Carrick was fantastic but without RVPs goals we wouldn't of won the league.

Maybe because football is a team game but if RVP (and Carrick) weren't on fire we wouldn't have won the league. I'll never forget that season because of how badly we played and still ended up winners and it just made me realise even more what a genius manager SAF really was. Other than his first PL win I think 2012/13 is right up there with one of his best PL wins. No other manager in the history of the game would of won the league with that group of players. On paper it looked a great squad but the reality was most of these players were on their last legs which was proved when a lot of our legends left shortly after. Having to call back Scholes reiterated just how weak we really were.
We didn't call back Scholes during that season, it was the previous one. Scholes barely played in 2012/2013.

spiriticon

As much as i think he's our most talented player, the Pogba shitshow never seems to stop.

It's a ever tiring, ever repeating, circus of media crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.