6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

He is playing in second gear. I cannot wait to see Pogba fully match fit.

He seems happier with his role on the pitch now as well.

Rolaholic

Yet another one of his peers speaking positively about him but I'm sure the moment he has less than a 7/10 game the slander will be back :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I get this feeling too; he’s playing within himself massively.
While that's true he's doing what many people asked of him - just be a midfielder.

He is showing he can do the boring role more than capably, but we know when required and we need to throw the kitchen sink he can create havoc around the box like against Norwich also.

romufc

While that's true he's doing what many people asked of him - just be a midfielder.

He is showing he can do the boring role more than capably, but we know when required and we need to throw the kitchen sink he can create havoc around the box like against Norwich also.
Yep, it is good to see Pogba playing games in 2nd gear and we control games.

What I want to see now is, big games he gets to gear 4/5.

Chelsea game in the FA cup will be a good barometer of where this team is at if we play our first 11.

Walters_19_MuFc

I get this feeling too; he’s playing within himself massively.
Not even. Think previously we have expected him to be attacking midfielder, box to box and ball winner all in one. With a competent midfield around him, Pogba can focus on doing the simple things and doing them very well.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not even. Think previously we have expected him to be attacking midfielder, box to box and ball winner all in one. With a competent midfield around him, Pogba can focus on doing the simple things and doing them very well.
Oh gents, he’s doing his job very well no doubt but I think there’s a few levels he can go to & that’s not in some Steven Gerrard run around like a headless chicken way either.

Come the biggest games I think he’ll have even more impact & effectiveness is all; moments like how he won the pen vs spurs cause we needed him to get further forwar. Against Sheff U & Brighton he’s hardly had to get out of 2nd gear.

Vive la Pogba FC

Walters_19_MuFc

Oh gents, he’s doing his job very well no doubt but I think there’s a few levels he can go to & that’s not in some Steven Gerrard run around like a headless chicken way either.

Come the biggest games I think he’ll have even more impact & effectiveness is all; moments like how he won the pen vs spurs cause we needed him to get further forwar. Against Sheff U & Brighton he’s hardly had to get out of 2nd gear.

Vive la Pogba FC
I don't want to make this sound like I'm disagreeing with you for the purpose of doing so because I do somewhat know what you mean, but from the bold bit, it sounds as if you're saying he was in second gear because of the fact he hasn't ventured forward much, and this is what I'm trying to point out.

With Bruno, and the attacking prowess of Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood, all Pogba has to do is to provide the ball to them. Previously, we didn't have that, so it felt as if he had to do everything, and when he didn't, it was all his fault.

If there's games we're losing or feel we can get a few more goals to kill the game, we'll no doubt see Pogba attacking more like the Spurs game you mentioned.

jackal&hyde

He seems much more relaxed in a happy kind of way. Should have had a couple of assists too with some brilliant passes, the Rashford one stands out against Sheffield. Fantastic player.

AFC NimbleThumb

I don't want to make this sound like I'm disagreeing with you for the purpose of doing so because I do somewhat know what you mean, but from the bold bit, it sounds as if you're saying he was in second gear because of the fact he hasn't ventured forward much, and this is what I'm trying to point out.

With Bruno, and the attacking prowess of Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood, all Pogba has to do is to provide the ball to them. Previously, we didn't have that, so it felt as if he had to do everything, and when he didn't, it was all his fault.

If there's games we're losing or feel we can get a few more goals to kill the game, we'll no doubt see Pogba attacking more like the Spurs game you mentioned.
I get you mate but I’m not saying he should maraude more to ‘get up the gears’. I think he’ll prove even more dominant when called upon against even better midfielders that’s all.

If I thought he needed to attack more to do better I’d explicitly say it; I’m not because I don’t think he does.

I highlighted spurs moment for its brilliance.

I posted the below in the Bruno & Pogba thread days ago, you’re preaching to the converted.

Pogba looks a lot less like a headless chicken because he now has a defined role.

Previously you could see he was trying to get in the box then amble back to create a body in midfield; he’s now hanging back mostly with a few timed runs & just controlling from deep.

You can see he now has 100% faith in a fellow midfielders ability so he lets Bruno do his thing.

We need to keep hold of Pogba & build on this.

RUCK4444

Yet another one of his peers speaking positively about him but I'm sure the moment he has less than a 7/10 game the slander will be back :lol:
Nuts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this sort of ‘relationship’ between a player and a clubs fans.

It’s bizarre. I just hope we keep hold of him and that the shocking reception he gets here at times isn’t a major factor in him renewing (or not as the case may be.)

You assume it would be a factor. If I was consistently the best worker at my job and I was hammered for any mistake beyond all proportion I would seriously consider the same job elsewhere.

Dante

Average bang

He gets talked about more than any other player in the country. Both in terms of the good and the bad. That's what happens when you're the British media darling.

Both sides make valid points. Pogbas highs are very high and his lows are very low.

jackal&hyde

He gets talked about more than any other player in the country. Both in terms of the good and the bad. That's what happens when you're the British media darling.

Both sides make valid points. Pogbas highs are very high and his lows are very low.
How so?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This thread has lots of references to examples of his poor play. Though the performance threads from previous years will have more because his form has been more inconsistent in the past.
Which were yet again massively over blown, which is the point we all keep making.

EVERYBODY makes mistakes, but Pogba is one that gets repeated week after week and talked about non stop.

KDB made a huge error against City yet I haven't heard a peep out of it. Sterling misses a 1v1 to take the lead and he hits the post.

Our players have such huge pressure compared to the rest and all opposition fans love to go along with the narrative. I actually saw loads of non united fans calling Pogba shit?! it just shows how a media narrative can suddenly take life of it's owna and become believed.

Anyways hopefully even the most bitter of united fans will be mellowing a bit now. Hope he can pop up and score the winner for us in a final or something.

AFC NimbleThumb

Gets more support from a Crystal Palace player than a vocal section of his own fans.

Vive la Pogba FC.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He’s allowed his agent to speak too much and hasn’t shown until
recently that he wants to be at the club. Personally I’ve always liked players who’ve done their talking on the pitch like Scholes and Giggs.
Let's be honest - it's easy to be quiet and do your talking on the pitch when you are in the best team in the country surrounded by equally talented players. Personally I reckon Giggs would have been looking to move on if we'd been as shit during his prime as we have been during Pogba's. Scholes probably would have stuck around, although eventually even he might have looked elsewhere.

Very few world class players will continue to be happy to stay with a team which has poor players with a poor playing style and is being badly mismanaged.

romufc

KDB made a huge error against City yet I haven't heard a peep out of it. Sterling misses a 1v1 to take the lead and he hits the post.
It is annoying when a United player makes a mistake it is highlighted so hard and yet because it is City, their mistakes are masked.

Dante

Average bang
Which were yet again massively over blown, which is the point we all keep making.

EVERYBODY makes mistakes, but Pogba is one that gets repeated week after week and talked about non stop.

Our players have such huge pressure compared to the rest and all opposition fans love to go along with the narrative. I actually saw loads of non united fans calling Pogba shit?! it just shows how a media narrative can suddenly take life of it's owna and become believed.

Anyways hopefully even the most bitter of united fans will be mellowing a bit now. Hope he can pop up and score the winner for us in a final or something.
Every thing Pogba does gets overblown, including the good stuff.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he can be our Scholes. Controlling the game and midfield, then BAM! sneaking forward with goal and assist. I think he's in the mold of Scholes, Modric, Kroos, Xavi; intelligent controlling midfielder, but him adding immense physical presence.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
2nd gear Pogba is the best Pogba I've seen play for us
That's an exaggeration, he's had match winning performances where he's much more visible on the pitch.

Nevertheless, in these kind of games (like the other night), what he does (win the ball, recycle possession, offer options, find the forward pass) is essential and helps us dominate and have a hold of games. I don't agree with the terminology "2nd gear" (even though I understand what people mean), it's just extremely mature and competent midfield performances.

Steven7290

That's an exaggeration, he's had match winning performances where he's much more visible on the pitch.

Nevertheless, in these kind of games (like the other night), what he does (win the ball, recycle possession, offer options, find the forward pass) is essential and helps us dominate and have a hold of games. I don't agree with the terminology "2nd gear" (even though I understand what people mean), it's just extremely mature and competent midfield performances.
I agree with your assessment, I was just referring to the term "2nd gear" or whatever people choose to call that. Flashy, match winning performances are exciting and fun for our enjoyment but the team seem to benefit most when he sits back, controls the ball and distributes it with ease like what we have seen recently.

Walters_19_MuFc

I get you mate but I’m not saying he should maraude more to ‘get up the gears’. I think he’ll prove even more dominant when called upon against even better midfielders that’s all.

If I thought he needed to attack more to do better I’d explicitly say it; I’m not because I don’t think he does.

I highlighted spurs moment for its brilliance.

I posted the below in the Bruno & Pogba thread days ago, you’re preaching to the converted.
Fair enough.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think he can be our Scholes. Controlling the game and midfield, then BAM! sneaking forward with goal and assist. I think he's in the mold of Scholes, Modric, Kroos, Xavi; intelligent controlling midfielder, but him adding immense physical presence.
100% agree.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Big surprise, put just one quality midfielder, and all of the sudden Pogba starts to look like Pogba, not just him but Matic as well. It's good to see him shutting a few people here and in the media who had given up on their best player (at least until the inevitable bumps in the road where he will be the scapegoat again).

Some of the character assassination that's happened to him here has been nothing short of embarrassing to read.

Swiss_Red89

I was so often frustrated with him and his performances, knowing he could be an absolute monster if he wants.

But i'm happy to say that bar the Southampton away game he has been very very good this season in every game he played imo. The Bruno Transfer seems to give him new joy and motivation to continue playing for us. He also seems a bit more mature in his play and his behaviour in general. Love to see it and i hope he will stay with us because he really seems to finally reach his full potential more constantly.

Dante

Average bang
Good stuff like? :lol:

Let’s not talk lies. It’s a battle even on here to promote how good he is.
When you have an agenda, you give too much attention to opinions that contradicts yours. That's natural.

Pogba gets lots of praise all the time - most of it justified. He also gets a lot of criticism - equally justified. It's telling that you can't see the former.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s always easier to play well and look good when you play with real ballers instead of Perreira, James and Lingard.

That’s the thing with Pogba, he was never the type who would carry a team on his back, but a first class auxiliary player who thrives on having quality players next to him. And for the majority of his senior career for both club and country, he was afforded that, before moving back to Utd. So if he stays, our fans will just have to make peace with that, otherwise the bickerings will continue indefinitely.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s always easier to play well and look good when you play with real ballers instead of Perreira, James and Lingard.

That’s the thing with Pogba, he was never the type who would carry a team on his back, but a first class auxiliary player who thrives on having quality players next to him. And for the majority of his senior career for both club and country, he was afforded that, before moving back to Utd. So if he stays, our fans will just have to make peace with that, otherwise the bickerings will continue indefinitely.
This cannot be said enough.
I still see people expecting more from him, it's good and all but to keep the balance of our team right, it has to stay more or less like this from him. Don't expect him to do what he isn't capable of doing on a regular basis

Skeezix

Pogba has been smiling a lot lately - during the matches, right after he makes a tackle and the decision doesn't go his way, he complains to the Ref with a smile.
He seems like a genuinely happy person (many of us can relate to that) who is at his best when he is happy.

I was a bit worried that if we play 2 creative midfielders (Bruno and Pogba) that we will be too open without Fred and Scott. My eyes might be deceiving me, but I've never seen Pogba make so many tackles, interceptions in a match without losing his creative output.

And with Bruno putting in shifts and tracking back at 120'th minutes, and Pogba not shying away from defensive duties. I have a feeling they'll perform great together in big games too. And of course Matic behind these fantastic duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.