Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His level of play at United has evolved with the introduction of Bruno. No longer is he over complicating things. He's keeping it simple, letting things tick in midfield and allowing the attack to thrive. He may not be scoring as many goals as before, but every other aspect of his play is much better. Almost like he doesn't feel like he has to do everything himself.

He has to stay. He's absolute fecking class.
Spot on. It just shows us, he was trying (or was expected) to do way too much before. Let's not forget how Matic's form is also a blessing for him too. Let's look at the general improvement of the team since the start of the season (massive credit goes to OGS and his staff), it makes sense for Pogba to play without trying to be a hero.

Tarrou

Majestic, such a mature performance. His passing to break the lines is huge for us.

I've been a bit unfair on him since he requested to leave, but I think we're definitely past all that now. I reckon he'll sign a new contract

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's perfect to dictate/control from deeper and advance play. I feel it suits him perfectly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No surprise that when he's playing in a cohesive team, Pogba is putting out consistently excellent performances. It's difficult when your team is a disjoint mess and you okay as individuals.

laughtersassassin

Turns out that the proper way to 'free' Pogba wasn't to play him as a #10 with two #6s behind him.

The proper way to 'free' Pogba was actually to put a different #10 in front of him in order to stop him from fannying about trying to turn every match into the Pogba-show.

Having him set the tempo in midfield is a far better way to use him than getting him playmake in advanced positions.

The only downside is that it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the DM behind him. Matic wasn't tested against Sheffield United or Brighton, while Fred/McTominay played a double pivot against Spurs. So whilst the signs are positive, the current midfield trio (Pogba included) still need to prove themselves against a side that can flood midfield.
He was never trying to turn every match into the Pogba show. He was trying to win us games as our other players where incapable. Mate we played with no 10s who get basically no goals and no assists a season.

It had nothing to do with being selfish or stupid or anything. It was always clear the reason was that he carried the weight of every game in his shoulders.

He was required to do everything. Our CBs couldn't pass out so he always had to drop deep to receive the ball. Our Attackers had poor movement so he had to try hold onto it to wait for a good pass and of he isn't create the chances most games no one would.

Pogba was never the problem but that was obvious to most.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Ever since he’s returned he’s looked more mature both in his gameplay and the way he conducts himself. I hope we can tie him down to a longer contract as he’s going to be important to get us challenging for the title in the next few years.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ever since he’s returned he’s looked more mature both in his gameplay and the way he conducts himself. I hope we can tie him down to a longer contract as he’s going to be important to get us challenging for the title in the next few years.
He's less selfish than he was in his younger days when he would take pot shots. I'd still love to see a Pogboom goal like when he was at Juventus but I think he realised that time and space in the PL is far more limited so you have to move the ball quicker. I still want to see him shoot when he makes late runs into the box.

future2future

Doesn't look like a player who's leaving. I believe that he will stay now that it's clear that United is on the way up and are, for once thank god, buying class players who really add something.

Craig Ward

I've been critical of Pogba in the past, but have to admit his recent performances have been good.

He's kept it simple and worked hard.

My main issue with him previously is that he wouldnt control a game, something his skillset should allow. He was often wasteful in possession and lazy in defence. He would come up with moments of brilliance but i found him very difficult to back as he probably tried to do too much on his own and not working hard enough in defence.

He looks a different player now, more rounded.

His passing has been simple yet effective.

Still has more in his locker, hoping he continues to play well.

Brighton didnt press him at all - he had so much time to pick his passes. He will have harder games for sure but he done well.

Jonno

Another solid performance from Pogba. I love it when he sticks it to everyone with a good performance.

Matic/Pogba/Bruno is one of if not the most talented, balanced and deadly midfield trio in world football right now - the haters won't like this claim.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
His desire to always want the ball is one of his biggest strengths. I think the frustration comes when he makes a mistake, he seems determined to do something 'special' to redeem the earlier mistake. But like others have said - He's got somebody in there now who he can play with - It's not all reliant on him anymore,

I think behind closed doors suits him to an extent too. I think he's a player who likes to put on a show, I think behind closed doors has kept him to the more simple things.

He's been fantastic and we need to tie him down and build the team around him and Bruno.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Honestly don’t think much has changed at all about Pogba. Just the players around him are playing up to his standards a bit better.
The same performances under Mourinho were deemed poor. What changed isn't Pogba but the fact that players around him are finally doing their job in particular in the #10 who is actually creating things and not hiding from the ball. Matic and Pogba have already played at that level in the past for long period of times.

Fracture90

I really hope he will sign a new contract with us. So far he's looking like he's actually satisfied being here but until the contract is signed I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

DoomSlayer

He's perfect to dictate/control from deeper and advance play. I feel it suits him perfectly.

Absolute baller. :drool: Pogba can really become the best midfielder in the world in a settled team, he can literally do everything, even his defending is great for a player with such world class technical ability.

I think he can be the best box to box midfielder, he hasn't even played consistently due to injuries for almost an year so there is probably a gear or two more that he can show in the future.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've been critical of Pogba in the past, but have to admit his recent performances have been good.

He's kept it simple and worked hard.

My main issue with him previously is that he wouldnt control a game, something his skillset should allow. He was often wasteful in possession and lazy in defence. He would come up with moments of brilliance but i found him very difficult to back as he probably tried to do too much on his own and not working hard enough in defence.

He looks a different player now, more rounded.

His passing has been simple yet effective.

Still has more in his locker, hoping he continues to play well.

Brighton didnt press him at all - he had so much time to pick his passes. He will have harder games for sure but he done well.
Doesn't matter. You press Pogba and he dribbles past you at ease. As an opposing player I would force him to make a pass not press against him. He can out muscle and out dribble you just like that

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’ve also Ben critically/disappointed with his agent and with actions he has taken in the past. Choices he has made, but it’s great to see him smiling and coming back into a good team and enjoying it.

When there were constant complaints and moaning about leaving through his agent, I didn’t want to know, but this Pogba is one that I want to stay.

He has so much to offer as a player, and I hope he is driven to stay at United and potentially become a great here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No surprise that when he's playing in a cohesive team, Pogba is putting out consistently excellent performances. It's difficult when your team is a disjoint mess and you okay as individuals.
A team will become more cohesive if you replace a non contibuting #10 with one that does contribute. And that's what's happened here imo.

He played in a setup at Juve with Pirlo and Vidal who were both quality in different ways but Vidal provided the defensive balance in a box to box role which allowed both players to thrive in a deeper role and in Pogba's case a little more advanced. We don't have anyone at Vidal's level for the short term or longterm in defensive transition. Addressing that will be the key to closing the gap on the pace setters and bringing out the best out of our creative players imo.

Walters_19_MuFc

In Bruno, Pogba has now got a competent number 10 ahead of him, which allows him to stick to one role in midfield, which is getting on the ball and dictating play from deep. His passing range and vision allows him to effortlessly pick out players in between the lines or switch play when needed.

Also want to add, he's also been defensively good, too.

He is our Thiago, Kroos, De Jong, etc.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In Bruno, Pogba has now got a competent number 10 ahead of him, which allows him to stick to one role in midfield, which is getting on the ball and dictating play from deep. His passing range and vision allows him to effortlessly pick out players in between the lines or switch play when needed.

This.

Him sticking to one role which was evident at Juventus is the difference. Playing him deep is to our advantage and he has the ability to dictate a game from there too due to his skillset.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That juicy extension is only a matter of time now.

Raven

It'll be beautiful if/when he signs. Really love the look of our team currently.

Steve 007

Personally I think Pogba has been a bit of an idiot at Man Utd over the years, but I think I might have to eat humble pie because since we’ve been back he’s been fantastic, I’ve gone from get him out, to I hope he stays and I hope he continues to play like this.

Wilt

Think he‘ll now do a ‘De Gea‘ and aim to run down his contract, in exchange for a mega £500,000+ per week.

AFC NimbleThumb

Personally I think Pogba has been a bit of an idiot at Man Utd over the years, but I think I might have to eat humble pie because since we’ve been back he’s been fantastic, I’ve gone from get him out, to I hope he stays and I hope he continues to play like this.
How so?

Bobski

This.

Him sticking to one role which was evident at Juventus is the difference. Playing him deep is to our advantage and he has the ability to dictate a game from there too due to his skillset.
This is the role most people have wanted him to play and mature into since he was bought. He can play other positions well, would be productive further forward but I think his impact is greatest when he utilizes his amazing passing range, picks his moments to attack and is a constant, dominant force in the play. The challenge for Pogba will be having the discipline tactically to continue this role, at times it will bore him, he won't have the goal or assist stats that a freer role would give but his value to the team is higher.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A team will become more cohesive if you replace a non contibuting #10 with one that does contribute. And that's what's happened here imo.

He played in a setup at Juve with Pirlo and Vidal who were both quality in different ways but Vidal provided the defensive balance in a box to box role which allowed both players to thrive in a deeper role and in Pogba's case a little more advanced. We don't have anyone at Vidal's level for the short term or longterm in defensive transition. Addressing that will be the key to closing the gap on the pace setters and bringing out the best out of our creative players imo.
It's more than just Bruno (don't get me wrong, he's been amazing) but the team in general is better, Shaw is playing better, the CBs are playing better together. AWB has been great, Matic very solid, Martial is scoring goals. The general level of the team has increased and he's benefiting from it as well as contributing to it. We had too many clowns in our starting 11s before and too many players underperforming for a player like him to shine consistently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's more than just Bruno (don't get me wrong, he's been amazing) but the team in general is better, Shaw is playing better, the CBs are playing better together. AWB has been great, Matic very solid, Martial is scoring goals. The general level of the team has increased and he's benefiting from it as well as contributing to it. We had too many clowns in our starting 11s before and too many players underperforming for a player like him to shine consistently.
Completely agree brother.

Even our CBs are comfortable on the ball which makes a difference in the build up.

Mainoldo

Him and Bruno will drag us to top 4.

I hope the Pogba agenda will slowly die now.

dal

Yes pogba looks very good since he’s come back.

Given his position I’d happily replace him with someone like Fabinho or even Grealish. Where he plays as a 6/8 you dont have to be box office. Great passing/positional play would do.

I’d be very happy selling pogba this year if he doesn’t extend and replacing him with Grealish who can play as an 8 in the easier games.

I just don’t trust pogba in big games and feel he won’t be dropped for them.

If he signs and improves his defensive discipline and our boss has the balls to drop him accordingly if not, then great.

A few games won’t convince me but let’s see how it plays out

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep.

I said many times before when he was injured that the team itself has improved immeasurably.

pogba coming back into this team was always going to look better compared to level we played at last season.

in a weird way not having pogba for this long has made everybody else take a look at themselves and all raise their games, now we can benefit for the future.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep.

I said many times before when he was injured that the team itself has improved immeasurably.

pogba coming back into this team was always going to look better compared to level we played at last season.

in a weird way not having pogba for this long has made everybody else take a look at themselves and all raise their games, now we can benefit for the future.
I do agree but what having Pogba and Fernandes has done is given Ole the opportunity to play with more risk which has improved the collective.

RooneyLegend

Exactly, I've been singing the song that this would be his best role for a long time on here. This is how he played as a youth player with Morrison doing the Bruno role. You can just see it comes natural to him.

Sylar

Investing in better players / playing people in their best positions / playing him with a consistent midfield helps most players esp the best ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.