6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Time for Pogba to step up. No more exuses. Time to produce now. I think he will based on his first few games.

Brighton 0:3 Man Utd

el3mel

Efficient like the last match. Controlled the ball, circulated it well and gave the opponent something to worry about. I really liked what I saw from him since his return. Very mature and controlling performance.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hoping he signs a new contract, then the team really is in the ascendency.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’ve been vocally annoyed by him for as long as I can remember but these performances are something I can get behind.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good game from him, him and Bruno have good partnership in midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

Well he certainly is so far, he’s been brilliant.
Agree he is showing great form. Even defensivly and he is creating a lot. Only negative is him giving away some cheap fouls that could give bookings and freekicks. Might cost us against top sides that tries to get him sent off.

Raw

His level of play at United has evolved with the introduction of Bruno. No longer is he over complicating things. He's keeping it simple, letting things tick in midfield and allowing the attack to thrive. He may not be scoring as many goals as before, but every other aspect of his play is much better. Almost like he doesn't feel like he has to do everything himself.

He has to stay. He's absolute fecking class.

OleBoiii

He needs to stay. He's got everything locked down, apart from tackling(he's a bit clumsy, but so was Scholes).

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
His level of play at United has evolved with the introduction of Bruno. No longer is he over complicating things. He's keeping it simple, letting things tick in midfield and allowing the attack to thrive. He may not be scoring as many goals as before, but every other aspect of his play is much better. Almost like he doesn't feel like he has to do everything himself.

Yep he’s maturing to a more controlling midfielder, he 100% has that in his locker.

el3mel

Yeah that's what I really liked about him since he returned. Very very mature midfield performance, while still doing his moments of brilliance when there're chances for them. He's showing he can be a very functional gear in our team and not just creative player. Really great for him and us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba continues to impress me. We have grown accustomed to Paul looking like he's doing his own thing, wandering about the pitch, losing the ball in dangerous areas. However, since the season restarted Pogba has been flawless.

Some players can do the flashy stuff but can't put the rest of their game together. That's how I felt about Gerrard. For all his bravado and talent, Gerrard often abandoned his position to go chasing the game, or resorted to Hollywood balls when it was the wrong call. Its why Benitez never trusted him deep in midfield. I feared Pogba would turn out the same. However, there is no sign of that Roy of the Rovers stuff in Pogba's game at the moment. He's just doing all the basics brilliantly and its helping the whole of our midfield tick.

Chicharo

Very, very unselfish reactions both at first and second goal, especially that pass to Bruno. He could've tried to do something solo but he simply passed the ball and we scored.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly don’t think much has changed at all about Pogba. Just the players around him are playing up to his standards a bit better.

mu4c_20le

Must be a Solskjaer tactic to have him ease off on the shooting, let Bruno score a couple, then when teams start to mark him out, Pogba starts ripping them again.

Paul_Scholes18

Must be a Solskjaer tactic to have him ease off on the shooting, let Bruno score a couple, then when teams start to mark him out, Pogba starts ripping them again.
Yeah I like to see him shoot more when he got a good chances. We know how good he can be.

Kag

Honestly don’t think much has changed at all about Pogba. Just the players around him are playing up to his standards a bit better.
Pretty much. Bruno is the perfect foil for him. The whole support isn’t looking to him to score, assist, control the tempo and commit himself into bone-crunching tackles all at the same time. He’s playing within himself but in a positive sense. He was never the problem.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He and Matic have developed a very useful knack of completely suffocating the other team, they've basically dominated anyone they've played together against.

Bwuk

He’s just better than everyone in our team.

Walks into any team in the world.

Devil may care

He's been on his boss shit since he returned, great to see, he certainly seems to have struck up an instant dynamic with Bruno.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Love this way of using him, he obviously felt before he had the pressure on him to do everything but with Bruno he obviously trusts that he can keep things simple because he's now playing with better players (just like he does for France)

Love that in a very Mancini/Man City/Yaya Toure kind of way if we're struggling in a game like Spurs we can flip a switch and move him higher up the pitch to give us a different threat in attacking areas

Small sample size, but it's so obvious how having another top class creator in the team has changed Pogba. No longer does he seem to feel the need to do everything. To pick the ball up from deep, dribble past four players and go for hollywood passes. He can still do those things, and in tight games like Spurs he'll go for it and try to lead the team forward with his amazing creativity. But in games like today he can sit deeper with Matic, keep the ball circulating and help drive forward to beat the press before releasing to Bruno. A few unusually off the mark switches but otherwise a very solid and mature performance from Paul and he looks so happy out there. Hope he stays 5 more years.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Tonight just showed what Pogba can bring to the team. A mature, simple and very effective display. Pulling strings and dictating the play. Looks in great shape physically and his skill set is out if this world. I’ve been very critical for most of his time at United but since the shutdown he’s been like a new signing.

Rolaholic

These kinds of commanding and comfortable midfield performances we're seeing from him remind me of how he looks for France a lot of the time.

He's got other talented players that can take care of the scoring load most of the time so there's a lot less pressure on him to be the main outlet in attack and he can focus on doing the little things that don't always show up on the stat sheet but have an impact on winning games.

He looks so much more calm and relaxed knowing that Bruno is playing ahead of him and has been our goal magnet in MF so he hasn't been trying to force things to make something happen out of nothing anymore.

He's been very efficient and effective as a result of being able to keep it simple. We're really just getting to scratching the surface of how good we can be as a team.

Even with reports of Woodwards desire to activate his extra year team option, I truly hope we lock him down long term because we look to be developing a squad capable of challenging Europe's elite much sooner rather than later and nailing him down will only help make the transition to a good then hopefully great team that much easier and smoother

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Very, very unselfish reactions both at first and second goal, especially that pass to Bruno. He could've tried to do something solo but he simply passed the ball and we scored.
Because he's open to the fact he's now playing alongside someone with similar creative talent. :D

Last edited:

Dr. McBeasty

Having Bruno in the team truly allows pogba to play at his best. We really need to sign him to a long term deal, losing him I feel would be a big setback to our progress, regardless of who we could bring in to replace him. Not only is he world class, but he’s just a very unique talent.

Dante

Average bang
Turns out that the proper way to 'free' Pogba wasn't to play him as a #10 with two #6s behind him.

The proper way to 'free' Pogba was actually to put a different #10 in front of him in order to stop him from fannying about trying to turn every match into the Pogba-show.

Having him set the tempo in midfield is a far better way to use him than getting him playmake in advanced positions.

The only downside is that it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the DM behind him. Matic wasn't tested against Sheffield United or Brighton, while Fred/McTominay played a double pivot against Spurs. So whilst the signs are positive, the current midfield trio (Pogba included) still need to prove themselves against a side that can flood midfield.

Web of Bissaka

Turns out that the proper way to 'free' Pogba wasn't to play him as a #10 with two #6s behind him.

The proper way to 'free' Pogba was actually to put a different #10 in front of him in order to stop him from fannying about trying to turn every match into the Pogba-show.

Having him set the tempo in midfield is a far better way to use him than getting him playmake in advanced positions.

The only downside is that it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the DM behind him. Matic wasn't tested against Sheffield United or Brighton, while Fred/McTominay played a double pivot against Spurs. So whilst the signs are positive, the current midfield trio (Pogba included) still need to prove themselves against a side that can flood midfield.
:DWell.. you're not wrong.

But hey, that Pog-show is so good, so fun. Football is so fun to watch when he's putting on that show. I do get it's not the "best" nor most "efficient" way.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's just a superbly gifted technical player. Ole could use him as a #6 or #8 such is his ability to make plays from deeper via his passing.

All it needed was another quality creative player next to him which hasn't been the case for several years now. He's our deep lying playmaker/ box to box rolled into one.

Web of Bissaka

No doubt his overall game is improving by playing this dual DMF role at both international and club levels. And he has proved he can do it consistently doing a fine good job there. Happy for that. He's becoming more of a complete midfielder.

I still miss him terrorizing defenses more consistently, repetitively per match and threateningly scoring, when he's free to focus more on attacking, less on discipline. He tend to do that with style and fun-ness. No offense to the other players, but a player like Pogba is just too rare. It reminds me of Ronaldinho.

Oh well, team matters the most. It's a trade-off. Perhaps in some games we get to see him given free-r license.

Status
Not open for further replies.