Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As for the player of the season award, there was no logical reason why Shaw won ahead of Pogba other than the perception that Pogba had a terrible season( which he didn't) which is the narrative the media fed everyone with

Luke Shaw won because he turned up and didn't feck up on the pitch for once and it was anybody but Pogba.
Not for me. Pogba fecked up a lot on the pitch, in many people's opinion more than he contributed (not necessarily mine, but I can appreciate it).
Shaw was very consistent for a long while, more so than Pogba has ever been, at least by eye if not stats.

Champagne Football

Please explain to me how his flu ‘seems’ to be dragging on. What has given you the impression that his cold has lasted longer than any other cold? Has there been an update on his cold? Or are you making this up?
There was a leak yesterday to the media that the players and staff felt that he had played his last game for the club. The players were probably thinking if he is still not available by Sunday against Watford, then he is as good as gone, considering he was expected back weeks ago and has been seen out partying and socializing in faraway lands regularly. But it seems Ole has had a chat with Pogba and Raiola some time yesterady and reassured Pogba to take as long as he needs to recover, possibly promising he will sell him in the summer if the right bid comes in, with positive statements suddenly coming out yesterday evening from Raiola, despite weeks of tension and confusion. Pogba is clearly unhappy with the direction and identity the club is facing, and clearly has lost a certain level of motivation to play for us. But whatever Ole said to him yesterday, seems to have calmed the situation. There's no smoke without fire.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There was a leak yesterday to the media that the players and staff felt that he had played his last game for the club. The players were probably thinking if he is still not available by Sunday against Watford, then he is as good as gone, considering he was expected back weeks ago and has been seen out partying and socializing in faraway lands regularly. But it seems Ole has had a chat with Pogba and Raiola some time yesterady and reassured Pogba to take as long as he needs to recover, possibly promising he will sell him in the summer if the right bid comes in, with positive statements suddenly coming out yesterday evening from Raiola, despite weeks of tension and confusion. Pogba is clearly unhappy with the direction and identity the club is facing, and clearly has lost a certain level of motivation to play for us. But whatever Ole said to him yesterday, seems to have calmed the situation. There's no smoke without fire.
:lol:

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall

LMAOp do write some Mrs Maple novels or something. Pogba had, serious injury which he have finally managed to recover from and just happened that a week he returned to training with a team he caught a cold. At this time of year, it happens to everyone. Now he is back at training and ready to thrive us to success.

Stop making shit up.

Champagne Football

LMAOp do write some Mrs Maple novels or something. Pogba had, serious injury which he have finally managed to recover from and just happened that a week he returned to training with a team he caught a cold. At this time of year, it happens to everyone. Now he is back at training and ready to thrive us to success.

Stop making shit up.
If he's still feeling pain in his foot then why not get the club to release that in the media? I've no issues at all if he is still injured, but he was supposed to be back a couple of weeks ago, then suddenly he says he can't play as he has a flu during the week which is gone now, but for some reason he's still not available for Watford tomorrow? Why didn't he just say his foot was still sore? Instead of saying he has the flu?
Anyways I still think he will be key for us after Christmas, but his professionalism and attitude has huge question marks over it right now. You'd have to be totally fecking brain dead to deny that fact.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
If he's still feeling pain in his foot then why not get the club to release that in the media? I've no issues at all if he is still injured, but he was supposed to be back a couple of weeks ago, then suddenly he says he can't play as he has a flu during the week which is gone now, but for some reason he's still not available for Watford tomorrow? Why didn't he just say his foot was still sore? Instead of saying he has the flu?
Anyways I still think he will be key for us after Christmas, but his professionalism and attitude has huge question marks over it right now. You'd have to be totally fecking brain dead to deny that fact.
Who said that he is still injured? He is on recovery mode, you don't jump on field into game a day after you were in cast do you? How some of you manage to build some Illuminati theories from it, it's beyond me. He had a cold, which is he recovered from now and training with a team.

When our medical staff decides he is ready to play he will play, not before.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Football clubs rarely give precise updates on players injury/illness and they won't. If the BBC report is correct, it's the team medical staff that diagnosed him on Saturday and the symptoms allegedly worsened on Sunday. Also Pogba being ready for this week was the optimistic timeline without setbacks.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Talking to a friend last night, he honestly believes Pogba walked around in a cast for months for no reason.

It’s crazy what the media have done to generally intelligent people.....this guy has had a book published, yet he believes Paul Pogba has had a cast put on his foot for no reason, and kept it on for months to pretend he’s injured.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Talking to a friend last night, he honestly believes Pogba walked around in a cast for months for no reason.

It’s crazy what the media have done to generally intelligent people.....this guy has had a book published, yet he believes Paul Pogba has had a cast put on his foot for no reason, and kept it on for months to pretend he’s injured.
he’s not intelligent

Tarrou

Say hi to @Alabaster Codify7 for us

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When can we realistically expect Pogba to make the bench at least? Against Newcastle maybe?
probably by next weekend? He’s back in full training now so you’d expect a good hard week then on the bench.

DoomSlayer

probably by next weekend? He’s back in full training now so you’d expect a good hard week then on the bench.
Yeah, I was thinking Watford would be too soon, though we could definitely use the extra body in midfield with the congested schedule.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Rialo will convince him to stay. No other club is stupid enough to pay him what he wants for Pogba, especially with the fee we would want if we had to sell him.

Will be great to have him back in great form like how he was playing when Ole was still interim.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s not a fact at all, it’s one of the made up ones that your faction have hoped will quietly be accepted as a fact if you repeat it often enough. When anybody asks you to elaborate, your argument invariably falls to shit.

peridigm

I think he'll be on the bench for this and the next 2 games to get him fit for the Arsenal game, if we can achieve that that would be great.
Agreed. Will be interesting to see who he comes on for. Hopefully it’s not Fred or Scott.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole has to get over this Paul Pogba can play in Deep CM role malarky. He's not disciplined enough. He's a liability if anything

If he's not playing in the AM role then I don't want him in the team quite frankly. He's good at scoring goals and making goals. He's no use to us in our own half. In fact he's often a hindrance in there.

He'sRaldo

Ole has to get over this Paul Pogba can play in Deep CM role malarky. He's not disciplined enough. He's a liability if anything

If he's not playing in the AM role then I don't want him in the team quite frankly. He's good at scoring goals and making goals. He's no use to us in our own half. In fact he's often a hindrance in there.
He played there for us before when we did well and came 2nd, as well as when we won the Europa League; not to mention the World Cup with France. I think his indiscipline is overstated, and with a high energy partner such as Herrera or Kante, he generally does well there.

That said, I agree that I'd prefer him as an attacking 8 in a 3.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Not sure I wanted him back any more than he wanted to be back. But there doesnt seem anyone interested in buying him so he needs to play out of his skin and get Juve Real or PSG to stump up the cash,
A motivated Pogba could easily push us up the table into top 4. Win Win in that case.

dutchred

With Mac and Fred now established I wonder if Pogba can play as a '10', or at least as free spirit supporting the front three. I can't seen him now as a '8'.
But we need to get a new defense minded midfielder soon as back up to Mac and Fred. If one on these gets injured for any length of time we will have problems. Neither Matic nor Andreas are good enough and Pogba is not defensive enough

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

If he's playing AM I'm not sure I want him in the team, he's really frustrating in tight spaces.

Bondi77

I am intrigued to see where Ole will play Pogba when he is fit.
He has said before that Fred will get more game time when Pogba became injured and Fred has done well since then. Mctominay has been pretty consistent this season so I would imagine he is safe.
The games I have seen Pogba play in advanced roles is that he is relatively ineffective when he is closely marked and he is slow to make decisions in tight spaces.
That being said I do think he comes to the fore when the opposition tire and he then gets those extra seconds to pick a pass and the extra pace to stretch his legs so he can impose himself on the game

drdoityourself

I'd like to see a fluid 3 man midfield. When Pogba drops back to receive the ball deep, either Fred or McT occupies the space between midfield and the striker. When defending they'd stay deeper than Pogba, but if it's a high press Fred would become the furthest forward.

The midfield has struggled making itself available for a pass for some games, especially in the first half against Everton recently. Pogba never seems to have a problem getting the ball in that area. Would help out the defence and Maguire's long passes would be less of a factor.

This midfield 3 could in theory bring out the best in Pogba, and the team.

Red_toad

Looked a step up in quality from the players around him. Glad to have him back however long it may be.

Hephaestus

He looked miles above the rest of them. Not sure how much of that was him being good and the rest being pure, liquidised dog shit mind,

Kag

Did more in twenty minutes than Lingard or Pereira have done all season long.

Got to move him on, apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.