Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Apparently he got a few boos when he cam win. Hate so many of our fans. They are a disgrace.

Least Paul shut them up quick not that they would acknowledge it.
Was that from our fans? It doesn't match with the away games fans who are always supportive.

DoomSlayer

He was great when he came on, loads of quality and don't think there was even a single mistake in his play.

Dan_F

Apparently he got a few boos when he cam win. Hate so many of our fans. They are a disgrace.

Least Paul shut them up quick not that they would acknowledge it.
That was definitely the Watford fans.

Pogba did nothing different to what he does in 90% of matches. There was no extra commitment, that’s just generally how he plays. He looked to keep it more simple at times, but that’s because he wasn’t having to pick the ball up on the edge of our area and try to beat players to get the ball over halfway.

It’s almost like everyone has forgotten what it’s like to have a midfielder who’s comfortable in possession.

Rolaholic

Until will find someone even close to his level, shut up and put some respect on his name.
Well no,he's flamboyant and likes to have fun so feck him forever! Big characters and talents are overrated in football, most top sides would be much better off with less skilled players who burst their lungs and show pashun at least cause that's what wins trophies

Am I doing it right Top Reds?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was the best player on the pitch when he came on. Hope he can show that level of commitment every game from now.
How were you able to conclude his committment was greater today than any other.

Typical bollocks.

Irrational.

How were you able to conclude his committment was greater today than any other.

Typical bollocks.
Your obsession with answering every poster who dares question Pogba is quite unhealthy.

In response to your weird attack, today I saw desire to get on the ball, get involved in play, his head didn't drop and he put in a lot of effort. There have been games where he's been the opposite.

Anyway it's clear you can't stay impartial when it comes to Pogba. I won't be replying to any more of your responses.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Your obsession with answering every poster who dares question Pogba is quite unhealthy.

In response to your weird attack, today I saw desire to get on the ball, get involved in play, his head didn't drop and he put in a lot of effort. There have been games where he's been the opposite.

Anyway it's clear you can't stay impartial when it comes to Pogba. I won't be replying to any more of your responses.
I ask straight questions. A lot of ‘questioning’ of him is unhealthy, and at the moment, I happen to have the energy to tackle it. He played no differently today than he usually always plays.

No surprise you have grown tired of responding now that they football has started. For a poster who started a thread saying he had faked his injury, it’s rich of you to be fed up anyway.

Your post was continuing the sentiment that he has a commitment or attitude problem, which I have been contesting for weeks. You tried to praise him, while subtly retaining that narrative, so I asked you to elaborate.

A Manchester United quality player, we have so few these days.

Only he, Rashford and Maguire have me 100% convinced. DDG looks absolutely shot, teams are targeting him again like they did during his first season and they are reaping the rewards.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Different level to our other midfielders. I get irritated with some of his play such as losing of ball in critical positions which often results in goals but there is no doubt that we don't have anyone of his quality in our team.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He can kill my dog and I still wouldn’t be comfortable having him sold from this current team. Jesus christ he produced more quality in 20 minutes than our whole midfield has in the +1000minutes he’s been away in.

Member 90887

Anybody can clearly see that we lack a player like him in this team.

It's imperative that we either :

1) keep him
2) Get someone similar to him first, if he still want out and we accept to move him

There's really no other option. Even a half fit Pogba is better than any other player we have in that advanced midfielder role.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Owen and Hoddle couldn’t have been more complimentary towards Pogba on the official PL analysis.

marktan

If he can up his stamina and work rate a little and he gets played in the no.10 role in front of Fred and Mctominay, I think he could really shine for us going forward. Yes he does well in the deep midfield role for France, but I think his qualities - shooting, dribbling, picking out passes, finishing - are tailor made to shine further forward. I think he could be similar to what De Bruyne is for City or a better version of Alli for Spurs.

Hopefully us struggling to beat any of the smaller teams without Pogba at least takes some of the stick off his back.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I ask straight questions. A lot of ‘questioning’ of him is unhealthy, and at the moment, I happen to have the energy to tackle it. He played no differently today than he usually always plays.

No surprise you have grown tired of responding now that they football has started. For a poster who started a thread saying he had faked his injury, it’s rich of you to be fed up anyway.

Your post was continuing the sentiment that he has a commitment or attitude problem, which I have been contesting for weeks. You tried to praise him, while subtly retaining that narrative, so I asked you to elaborate.
You are a gem Rozay. It's true that it takes a lot of energy to keep tackling the endless amounts of baseless negativity surrounding him.

Aouer-United

He was great when he came on, loads of quality and don't think there was even a single mistake in his play.

The only moment I don't like is him attempting shots when he could have passed square to other side in the penalty box, apart from that moment, he played so well and made us far more dangerous in attack.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You are a gem Rozay. It's true that it takes a lot of energy to keep tackling the endless amounts of baseless negativity surrounding him.
Thank you. I’m not perfect, but I observed a lot of lazy generalisations and just felt the need to challenge people to think about what they think, and why they think it. It’s ironic because the word ‘lazy’ is often used in this topic, but what I’ve found in many of the responses I’ve gotten from asking people to elaborate is how lazily opinion can be formed, and how powerful media and echo chambers are. Turns out that the ‘facts’ these sentiments are predicated on are rarely even true. Just that if nobody speaks up for the other side, they just get accepted as fact.

I’ve read everything from made up statistics, made up statements, made up disobedience of the manager in the last month, and then of course, the proposing of a made up injury. Like, if that’s really why you’re mad, you need to look at yourself. I love this place because the conversation is often detailed, but I think football fans in general are generalised as not the smartest, and are so easily influenced and they are subconsciously told what to think often.

Hopefully I’ve just got people thinking a bit, rather than subconsciously echoing. If after proper consideration, you think Pogba is shite, uncommitted or whatever - at least it’s because you have genuine reason of your own. That’s not what I’ve found from some posters. Seems more like a bottom line of frustration that United are a bit shit, and they will blame whoever they are told to blame. Others, I honestly think, just have personal issues and have a problem with Pogba because he’s ‘different’ to them.

Like my views on McTominay. Some people love him and just dismiss my comments as an agenda. I always explain in detail the specific issues I have. It’s not emotional. I have nothing against him. To me, many of them are riding the wave of sentiment on that particular topic, again, not making objective football analysis, but it seems that reality is starting to set in on that topic.

TrustInOle

Coming on with less than 25 mins left and finished the best player on the pitch says it all about the lack of quality throughout the squad. Apart from some of the youngsters, Pogba and Fred, none of this squad fill me with hope.

And some people are desperate to get rid of him! He is easily 2/3 times better than anyone else in our team and showed it today.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's absolutely class and I hope we can sign some quality players to supplement his vision and guile. My favourite player to watch.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Thank you. I’m not perfect, but I observed a lot of lazy generalisations and just felt the need to challenge people to think about what they think, and why they think it. It’s ironic because the word ‘lazy’ is often used in this topic, but what I’ve found in many of the responses I’ve gotten from asking people to elaborate is how lazily opinion can be formed, and how powerful media and echo chambers are. Turns out that the ‘facts’ these sentiments are predicated on are rarely even true. Just that if nobody speaks up for the other side, they just get accepted as fact.
This is deeply insidious to observe. As in society, the general public aren't interested in looking for the truth themselves. That's too much effort. They just want the easy answer, someone to blame, regardless of whether it's actually true or not.

I’ve read everything from made up statistics, made up statements, made up disobedience of the manager in the last month, and then of course, the proposing of a made up injury. Like, if that’s really why you’re mad, you need to look at yourself. I love this place because the conversation is often detailed, but I think football fans in general are generalised as not the smartest, and are so easily influenced and they are subconsciously told what to think often.
Football fans get told what to think in general 100%. With all the advances in the game, the coverage by the mass media hasn't evolved in the past 20 years. It's the same old tired cliches and generalisations spouted by the same old tired people every week. So the majority of fans take their opinions as facts and repeat them, not realising that most of it is actually made up nonsense for views.

Hopefully I’ve just got people thinking a bit, rather than subconsciously echoing. If after proper consideration, you think Pogba is shite, uncommitted or whatever - at least it’s because you have genuine reason of your own. That’s not what I’ve found from some posters. Seems more like a bottom line of frustration that United are a bit shit, and they will blame whoever they are told to blame. Others, I honestly think, just have personal issues and have a problem with Pogba because he’s ‘different’ to them.
I hope so too. 99% of people i have tried to ask to elaborate their opinions, can't go further than his ''poor attitude'', ''jogging'' or ''dodgy agent''. If they actually explained their criticisms with evidence of his performances, i would love that, as at least there would be something real that we can discuss. But like you, i find it's more a case of them projecting their frustrations from the team onto him. Or like you say, they can't relate to his character, and think that his exaggerated public persona is unprofessional.

Rolaholic

Much better than anything we've seen from Lingard or Pereira this year

Litch

2 passes from deep. Levels. Will be missed when he gets sold next Summer.....

dogwithabone

I’m not a Pogba fan but that was some cameo performance.

Put himself about, great on the ball and great off the ball. It’s the best I’ve seen him play for 18 months. Very rarely you see that level of desire from him.

A fit, hungry and committed Pogba could easily change a lot of people’s view of him. In my opinion there needs to be some openness and honesty from him, his agent, Woodward and Solskjaer. Set the record straight for the fans once and for all and put an end to this twice yearly circus around him and his future.

RedTiger

Half mast
I’m not a Pogba fan but that was some cameo performance.

Put himself about, great on the ball and great off the ball. It’s the best I’ve seen him play for 18 months. Very rarely you see that level of desire from him.

A fit, hungry and committed Pogba could easily change a lot of people’s view of him. In my opinion there needs to be some openness and honesty from him, his agent, Woodward and Solskjaer. Set the record straight for the fans once and for all and put an end to this twice yearly circus around him and his future.
The only way to end speculation around him is to give him a new 4 year contract, otherwise it doesn't matter how he plays or what hairstyle he has, people are gonna say he wants out.

UDontMessWith24

Well no,he's flamboyant and likes to have fun so feck him forever! Big characters and talents are overrated in football, most top sides would be much better off with less skilled players who burst their lungs and show pashun at least cause that's what wins trophies

Am I doing it right Top Reds?
You forgot to count being English as a skill

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The only way to end speculation around him is to give him a new 4 year contract, otherwise it doesn't matter how he plays or what hairstyle he has, people are gonna say he wants out.
This is true. I personally think he’d have no trouble signing it if we look like we are heading somewhere. If not, it will probably cost us even more zeros to convince him if we even can.

Status
Not open for further replies.