Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I’m not a Pogba fan but that was some cameo performance.

Put himself about, great on the ball and great off the ball. It’s the best I’ve seen him play for 18 months. Very rarely you see that level of desire from him.

A fit, hungry and committed Pogba could easily change a lot of people’s view of him. In my opinion there needs to be some openness and honesty from him, his agent, Woodward and Solskjaer. Set the record straight for the fans once and for all and put an end to this twice yearly circus around him and his future.
This is where I'm at with him. There's never been any doubt about his talent, he's definitely our best player by a large distance and yesterday just proved the point but my only doubt about him is if he can carry it on on a more consistent basis.

Yesterday it was very easy to motivate himself after all the doubts about him. For whatever reasons he now wants to stay and motivate himself to be a key figure for United then of course I'd welcome it but I'm afraid it's going to take more than a 25 minute period before I start to change my mind about him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So you’re saying individual players don’t elevate teams by themselves?

Might want to try telling CR7 or Messi that. George Best did pretty well, Keane, the list goes on. Pogba should elevate this team simply by being in it, otherwise what was the point in paying that amount.

Yeah there are question marks over our coaching setup but to suggest players themselves can’t elevate a team is nonsense.

Edit: elevate means raise or make better. If a player, any player doesn’t do this for the squad then they shouldn’t be in it. No one is expecting him to win us trophies singlehandedly bit he should 100% be expected to improve us.
That's not what I'm saying... I am saying Pogba isn't the kinda player to do that. To expect him to do is setting him up for failure.
That was a good cameo but let's be real, Pogba isn't suddenly becoming a player he's never been in his career

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Left of midfield in a 4-4-2 or tip of a diamond in a 4-1-2-1-2. (This would mean dropping James for Pereira or Matic.) Save the 4-2-3-1 for the big games where we're counter attacking.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Few players become world class when they are injured but somehow Pogba was fighting for place against Lingard when he was injured.

Redo91

To think people were saying we look better from McT and Fred in midfield together and that would struggle to get back in. Really baffles me how clueless some people are.

KeanoMagicHat

That pinpoint long-ranging pass for the Greenwood lob that just missed was exactly what United have been missing against smaller teams that sit back. It's just not in McTominay, Fred or Lingard's locker.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He won't elevate nothing by himself, you're creating an expectation he will never reach. The coaching staff has to do its job, that's not on Pogba to do that
I don’t agree with you on this. Players elevate teams all the time. It’s been done at our club so many times over the years.
It’s my expectation of any player of his profile and upon which I’ll judge him.

Thiagoal

To think people were saying we look better from McT and Fred in midfield together and that would struggle to get back in. Really baffles me how clueless some people are.
To be fair Pogba’s performances in a midfield two have been pretty abysmal so it makes sense! However, he should definitely play as an attack minded midfielder in place of our horrendous trio as he is undoubtedly better in that position

He'sRaldo

I have yet to see one single person come and admit they were wrong about Pogba "never playing for us again". That's the problem, people will just say complete nonsense, and vanish when proven wrong, while awaiting his next poor game.

At least have the decency to come on here and admit you were wrong after defaming his character for months, when he was unfortunate enough to be injured.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You won’t get anything...
I have yet to see one single person come and admit they were wrong about Pogba "never playing for us again". That's the problem, people will just say complete nonsense, and vanish when proven wrong, while awaiting his next poor game.

At least have the decency to come on here and admit you were wrong after defaming his character for months, when he was unfortunate enough to be injured.
They will be back in due course don’t worry. Wait for the next bad game.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
I think the frustration many fans feel with a Pogba is less about performance and more about wanting away and effort.
Clearly hes our most talented player and no doubt he has been just about our best player over the past 3 years.
So why do I dislike him?
1) Effort. Inconsistency is 1 thing but immediately after Mourinho was sacked he played world class for 2 months before a dramatic downturn once the point had been made. Its hard to accept that it was merely coincidence that he turned it on the second Jose was out the door. He therefore isnt putting 100% in otherwise.
2)Sense of being betrayed. When he fell out with Jose the fans and board backed him. We expected him to commit to United and instead we have the continuous angling to move to Real/Get out even with a manager he gets on with.

Now Real have made it clear they dont need, Raiola starts the wanting to stay at United narrative, just makes it feel like we are the backup and it just grates big time.

I just hope we now get a few months of world class Pogba to try for 4th spot.

kouroux

I don’t agree with you on this. Players elevate teams all the time. It’s been done at our club so many times over the years.
Some can do it but not Pogba. Put him in a good working unit and he will shine but asking him to elevate too many players at the same time is impossible.
He never has done what you expect him to do. That's unfair tbh.

kouroux

You're asking for too much ;) I mean some of the posts, some of the theories about him faking his injury, faking wearing his cast. The stuff we read was disgraceful, fans can dislike and even hate any player they want but as long as they keep some fecking sense about themselves. I have never seen this stuff happen to any other United player ever or even any footballer in general.
Pogba has broken the psyche of many

mancan92

Firstly those players all had far better team mates then secondly they were all under the best manager of all time. Its not the same at all.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Some can do it but not Pogba. Put him in a good working unit and he will shine but asking him to elevate too many players at the same time is impossible.
He never has done what you expect him to do. That's unfair tbh.
I wrote in my original post that I saw glimpses of Pogba's ability to raise our team performance when he came on yesterday. I was positive about Pogba for first time in ages. Yes, I expect him to consistently deliver this. Like I would any other player of his wage and profile at any other team.

If Pogba's never done what is expected from him, it would validate the widely held view that he is over rated, and certainly not world class.

Looks like you are already laying down the framework to excuse Pogba's failure to meet the standards expected from a world record fee, world cup winner, and highest wager earner at our club.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Firstly those players all had far better team mates then secondly they were all under the best manager of all time. Its not the same at all.
Yes, always new rules and excuses for Pogba.
Not for me.
(BTW: Pogba played most of his games at United for one of the best managers of all time, in a team that came 2nd in league, so cant have been that bad)

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I think the frustration many fans feel with a Pogba is less about performance and more about wanting away and effort.
Clearly hes our most talented player and no doubt he has been just about our best player over the past 3 years.
So why do I dislike him?
1) Effort. Inconsistency is 1 thing but immediately after Mourinho was sacked he played world class for 2 months before a dramatic downturn once the point had been made. Its hard to accept that it was merely coincidence that he turned it on the second Jose was out the door. He therefore isnt putting 100% in otherwise.
He did play well, but he's not to blame for the collapse that came afterwards. That's not fair at all. Player performances are much deeper than black and white 'effort'.

Pogba is the type of player, (as most creatives) that requires some level of midfield service to perform at his best.

It is possible for Pogba to still be at the same level individually, but if he's starved of service (which he definitely needed as he was playing higher up), naturally his performance will suffer. That is exactly what happened.

The whole team fell apart around him due to injuries around the middle of March, when we went on that disastrous run starting with the Wolves FA cup match.
2)Sense of being betrayed. When he fell out with Jose the fans and board backed him. We expected him to commit to United and instead we have the continuous angling to move to Real/Get out even with a manager he gets on with.

Now Real have made it clear they don't need, Raiola starts the wanting to stay at United narrative, just makes it feel like we are the backup and it just grates big time.

I just hope we now get a few months of world class Pogba to try for 4th spot.
Betrayed? Don't be so dramatic. When Pogba joined, we were in the EL, 3 years on, we're still in the EL. He's entering his prime years now.

He's had 3 years of the same old nonsense, a footballer's career is short. No-one knows the future, so whilst he is healthy and on top of his game, now entering his prime years, can you honestly blame him for considering his options? Wouldn't anyone do the same in his position?

After all, fans are fickle. Do you think fans will be grateful for him staying here, winning nothing when he can be happy and win top trophies elsewhere? Look at how much stick he currently gets. Look at the video posted above of a fan post Watford. Anyone would be asking themselves if it's worth it.

If you had the talent and capability to be playing on the highest stage, would you be ready to commit your prime years to us, in the position we're in?

If you wouldn't, don't you think it's unfair to hold Pogba to it?

TsuWave

Guy in that video probably stubs his toe and goes “fecking Pogba :mad:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wrote in my original post that I saw glimpses of Pogba's ability to raise our team performance when he came on yesterday. I was positive about Pogba for first time in ages. Yes, I expect him to consistently deliver this. Like I would any other player of his wage and profile at any other team.

If Pogba's never done what is expected from him, it would validate the widely held view that he is over rated, and certainly not world class.

Looks like you are already laying down the framework to excuse Pogba's failure to meet the standards expected from a world record fee, world cup winner, and highest wager earner at our club.
First @kouroux made that point when Pogba wasn't even at United, so calling it an excuse is just wrong. Secondly, it's very rare for World class players to actually elevate a team by themselves, they generally don't, what they do is occasionally make the difference by themselves which is exactly what Pogba does, whether one consider that he is world class or not.

And you just have to ask yourself this question, which team has one world class player and is consistently good? There isn't one, consistently good teams have either several world class players or a world class player surrounded by very good players in a solid setup. That's why in the bosman era you see the same teams at the top.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
We have a better balanced attack than last year. I prefer him to Sanchez so for me he has elevated us, even if judged solely on the terms of balance.

?

The situation with Pogba is pretty much the same as BR. The team is better with him in it. He elevates us. That's not to say he can elevate us singlehandedly to titles, that's not what I'm saying, the same with BR. They elevated the team simply for the reason the team is, or would have been, worse without them. The alternative to Pogba is Lingard currently. Pogba is better than Lingard, regardless of the scoreline Pogba elevated our play once he came on.

I'm not actually creating a narrative intentionally. Pogba elevates the team above what it would be without him. We now need a proper CF that will elevate us a little more. And a proper DM, that will elevate us a little more and so on. I'm not expecting PP to win us the league singlehandedy and am not sure where I've created that narative. I simply believe the team is better with him in it, therefore he elevates the team.
Sorry I think we're on the same page....I guess it's just down to the way you'd consider elevating a team. Our perspectives on that perhaps differ.

kouroux

Honestly, it's tough to talk about it with you when you're being purposely obtuse about it. His fee wasn't all about his footballing ability obviously, we all know Juventus made us overpay for various reasons. You can expect his invidual performance to be better and more consistent, I would say yes to that. More than that is pure craziness though, Pogba isn't Ronaldo, he isn't Messi, he isn't KDB. He's a very talented player with some extraordinary qualities (his passing) but he's also a "normal" player, one who cannot do it all on his own.

This but honestly the concept of context is foreign to him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
First @kouroux made that point when Pogba wasn't even at United, so calling it an excuse is just wrong. Secondly, it's very rare for World class players to actually elevate a team by themselves, they generally don't, what they do is occasionally make the difference by themselves which is exactly what Pogba does, whether one consider that he is world class or not.

And you just have to ask yourself this question, which team has one world class player and is consistently good? There isn't one, consistently good teams have either several world class players or a world class player surrounded by very good players in a solid setup. That's why in the bosman era you see the same teams at the top.
Honestly, it's tough to talk about it with you when you're being purposely obtuse about it. His fee wasn't all about his footballing ability obviously, we all know Juventus made us overpay for various reasons. You can expect his invidual performance to be better and more consistent, I would say yes to that. More than that is pure craziness though, Pogba isn't Ronaldo, he isn't Messi, he isn't KDB. He's a very talented player with some extraordinary qualities (his passing) but he's also a "normal" player, one who cannot do it all on his own.
If Pogba isn't Ronaldo, he isn't Messi, he isn't KDB, why does he and his agent demand such status? You cant have it both ways.

You can keep reframing the context or create new whataboutism. Carry on until it knocks you out.

I see this matter differently: I have certain expectations our 'best player' (world record fee, highest wage earner and world cup winner) and I'm fine with that.

kouroux

If Pogba isn't Ronaldo, he isn't Messi, he isn't KDB, why does he and his agent demand such status? You cant have it both ways.

You can keep reframing the context or create new whataboutism. Carry on until it knocks you out.

I see this matter differently: I have certain expectations our 'best player' (world record fee, highest wage earner and world cup winner) and I'm fine with that.
The agent is about money so if he has to say the most outlandish things to get his client the best financial situation possible, he will. I would love to have a agent like Mino, he's among the best in the world. If you cannot separate that from creating that crazy expectation, there ain't much left to say, you can already to tear him apart. Why wait ? He will never live up to your stupid standards.

JPRouve

Scout

But he wasn't worth a world record fee and when you know that, there is no reason to act as if he was magically going to be worth it. And it's also not on him, it's on the club. Also him being our best player doesn't mean that he is Messi or Ronaldo, that's just stupid, if we had Messi or Ronaldo he wouldn't be our best player. Just think about it this way, you used KDB as an example but when KDB was injured City didn't really felt it, they still steamrolled everyone because the reality is that KDB is a member of an excellent team with several world class players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The agent is about money so if he has to say the most outlandish things to get his client the best financial situation possible, he will. I would love to have a agent like Mino, he's among the best in the world. If you cannot separate that from creating that crazy expectation, there ain't much left to say, you can already to tear him apart. Why wait ? He will never live up to your stupid standards.
I think your standards for Pogba are stupid.

See how I did that?

OleTheGreat

He was our only player worth watching in that match. He totally killed those 26 mins. Everybody gained confidence and started moving around Martial and that made Martial attack defenders. It was so nice to see players move about for once. We were so static in the first half and it was shocking to see. I think a lot of our problems is with the players because i think they don't think they're quality and are so lethargic on the field. It pains me to see this every match. Losing to a team that has won twice in 22 games, that's a shame! I don't think we can make top4 but if we can make a couple of signings in the winter, we can make a step forward but still i don't see a run of winning games with this team and all that is down to the attitude. Ole is being cool and all that but i don't think he has a proper plan for games, the Sheffield game made me realize that he cannot really make the tweaks when required and he cannot ask his players to switch positions and be fluid in attack.

In the last 6 years, i haven't seen a United team that has gone out there and totally bossed the 90 mins. We always have a small cameo here and there and rest of match is just passing about. We expect Pogba to do a lot and the pressure is too high on him. He makes a couple of mistakes and the whole United faithful just lose it and yet he played a perfect 26 mins. I think he's our best player by far and he will be the only reason if we get Top4 or Europa again.

In Rainbows

Why would anyone think Pogba should carry like Messi or Ronaldo. Even Barca fans don't like the fact that Messi has to do it. Why any fan would want that to be the case I'll never understand.

Canagel

Please dont, i dont wanna suffer :(
Sometimes it makes me feel very ashamed that I support the same club as them.
If there was ever a way to create a parallel reality for us and them it would be lovely. A reality where we can enjoy watching players like Pogba leading us to trophies and a different reality where they are stuck watching Oles Zombie football in midtable with the cringeworthy Brexit FC they are desperate for

JPRouve

Scout
Why would anyone think Pogba should carry like Messi or Ronaldo. Even Barca fans don't like the fact that Messi has to do it. Why any fan would want that to be the case I'll never understand.
It makes no sense and it's even stranger when you consider that Messi and Ronaldo could arguably be the best players of all times and they have always been surrounded with a lot of quality. I mean Messi played the better part of his career with Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets in midfield and the likes of David Villa, Suarez, Neymar, Alba or Dani Alves.

kouroux

I think your standards for Pogba are stupid.

See how I did that?
Yes, I have been wasting my time tbh. My mistake for thinking you could be reasoned with.
It's easy to see why, you set this impossible standard only to criticize the player when he doesn't come close to meeting it.
But he wasn't worth a world record fee and when you know that, there is no reason to act as if he was magically going to be worth it. And it's also not on him, it's on the club. Also him being our best player doesn't mean that he is Messi or Ronaldo, that's just stupid, if we had Messi or Ronaldo he wouldn't be our best player. Just think about it this way, you used KDB as an example but when KDB was injured City didn't really felt it, they still steamrolled everyone because the reality is that KDB is a member of an excellent team with several world class players.
Logic is lost on him. All of them play in better teams, with much better teammates.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
To think some Caftards were saying he'd have to be benched when he comes back for Scott and Fred and prove himself if he's better than them currently. Caf never fail to give me a laugh :lol:

He'sRaldo

It’s annoying, these guys come online and perpetuate hate towards one of our own players with lies and they don’t even have the bottle to speak up when their bullshit has been disproven. Where’s the accountability? @Alabaster Codify7
Well at the very least it has exposed who can't be taken seriously with regards to Pogba. Whether they remain in hiding or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.