Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Same, didn't want him feel like he was missing the party despite playing excellent since his return.
Exactly my feelings, too! :D

Like others have said, he doesn't need the goals as much anymore, but it's great to see him get in on the act with the other 4!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This is where is strongly disagree. He was always playing like that, always class, only difference being he was playing in a putrid system where he was expected to do literally everything.
Exactly.

It gets a bit annoying when I keep hearing people and pundits alike saying that Pogbs is finally starting to show his true game. It's such a blatant lie and it's ridiculously annoying to hear. But at least the narrative is changing so I'll just let them pretend that Pogba has just started to play this well now, as long as the shift of narrative is positive than them people and so called experts can tell themselves whatever they want.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Keane made a good point after the Villa game.

We've always assumed Pogba wants to be the leader, the captain, the guy who pulls the team out of trouble. Maybe that isn't the case.

At the moment Maguire is taking care of captain duties, Bruno is adding the zest we need to open defences, Rashford/Martial are scoring so all the pressure is off Pogba. He can do his own thing now without all the expectations and that's what he wanted.

He can be the top man in his own position and know that when he isn't always 100% there's others to take some of the weight.
No. We haven't all assumed that.
Me and a few others have been saying that for months now. The masses of the caf are finally seeing it with their own eyes.

RedCurry

What do people make of that post match interview?
Take that at face value. He has options and we all know it. All of us also know we have no reason to sell him at the moment. He is non-committal and wants to see how we do till the end of the season and that’s fine.

RedCurry

Ya what, he was caught in possession fannying around deep in our half, as is his wont, got disposed and if Trezeguet had his shooting boots on we'd have been 1-0 down long before the team woke up. Once we were 0-2 up he played well, but ....
Every top midfielder loses the ball in dangerous areas. Let’s stop focusing on each and every mistake he makes.Part of becoming a dominant team is that if you mess up, no problem. Get the ball back and score at the other end. Pogba is vital part of us being dominant for majority of the game.

Tarrou

What do people make of that post match interview?
if his agent is worth his fee he'd surely advise him to wait until the end of the season at least before signing/committing to anything

and if we fail to qualify for UCL he has a bit more leverage in negotiations, or he can just decide to leave (if thats really important to him)

if we do qualify, he isn't in a weaker position than he is now really.. he has all the cards

kouroux

Ya what, he was caught in possession fannying around deep in our half, as is his wont, got disposed and if Trezeguet had his shooting boots on we'd have been 1-0 down long before the team woke up. Once we were 0-2 up he played well, but ....
This makes no sense, if Villa had scored then probably the team's reaction would have been different much quicker.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Every top midfielder loses the ball in dangerous areas. Let’s stop focusing on each and every mistake he makes.Part of becoming a dominant team is that if you mess up, no problem. Get the ball back and score at the other end. Pogba is vital part of us being dominant for majority of the game.
He had a good game yesterday, not denying that, but he does it all the time, inviting pressure when he can just knock the ball off, fine when you're 3/4-0 up, not at 0-0 in a must win game.

RedCurry

He had a good game yesterday, not denying that, but he does it all the time, inviting pressure when he can just knock the ball off, fine when you're 3/4-0 up, not at 0-0 in a must win game.
Our team is being setup to play out from the back under all circumstances. That will see us make these types of mistakes ever so often. It’s best to get used to it. Obviously losing the ball isn’t ideal but it’s much better than kicking it blindly every time opposition presses.

Class of 63

Sourness
Our team is being setup to play out from the back under all circumstances. That will see us make these types of mistakes ever so often. It’s best to get used to it. Obviously losing the ball isn’t ideal but it’s much better than kicking it blindly every time opposition presses.
Why should I? There's a difference between taking risks, and show-boating you know.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Keane made a good point after the Villa game.

We've always assumed Pogba wants to be the leader, the captain, the guy who pulls the team out of trouble. Maybe that isn't the case.

At the moment Maguire is taking care of captain duties, Bruno is adding the zest we need to open defences, Rashford/Martial are scoring so all the pressure is off Pogba. He can do his own thing now without all the expectations and that's what he wanted.

He can be the top man in his own position and know that when he isn't always 100% there's others to take some of the weight.
Speak for yourself if you assumed those things, he never had to be captain but apparently he is the leader in the dressing room anyway. I keep seeing the pull the team out of trouble line but no one ever says which player actually does that but I can guarantee that if there was a player who did that on several occasions over the past couple of years it was him, as recently as the game against Tottenham.

The door is still open on how Maguire is as captain. Fernandes does nothing more than Rash, Greenwood or Martial, simple as.

He received the ball with two men around him and almost immediately lost his footing, I have seen far worse and he does not do that all the time. Fans like you are the reasons why players would go elsewhere from clubs where they have a connection to one where they just accept the money. Harping on about one mistake when he played so well, Fernandes for instance made far more mistakes go harp in his thread.

RedCurry

Why should I? There's a difference between taking risks, and show-boating you know.
He was trying to turn and got dispossessed. Not the first or the last time a midfielder would have done that. 8/10 times he can turn and start an attack for us. Odds are, him trying that will work more in our favor than against us. And I am also frustrated by him when he tries to do too much, but this situation doesn’t warrant the reaction from you.

Class of 63

Sourness
He received the ball with two men around him and almost immediately lost his footing, I have seen far worse and he does not do that all the time. Fans like you are the reasons why players would go elsewhere from clubs where they have a connection to one where they just accept the money. Harping on about one mistake when he played so well, Fernandes for instance made far more mistakes go harp in his thread.

He was trying to turn and got dispossessed. Not the first or the last time a midfielder would have done that. 8/10 times he can turn and start an attack for us. Odds are, him trying that will work more in our favor than against us. And I am also frustrated by him when he tries to do too much, but this situation doesn’t warrant the reaction from you.
It was needless show-boating, deal with it, fine when you're in control of the game, but ....

kouroux

Yeah because football works like that, if Villa had gone 1-0 up, in their position in the League they'd have shut up shop and gone ubber defensive.
Yes, football works like that indeed. Did you not see what we did to Bournemouth ? It's a more realistic scenario than yours where the match would have unfolded the same had they scored their first goal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The loss of possession resulting in Villa hitting the post was understandable. He received the ball in an incredibly difficult situation. I don't think he was showboating at all. Villa just pressed really well in that situation.

kouroux

Oh right, you're not one of those that feel because there are no fans present there is no difference between a Home match and an Away match are you?
Wtf are you talking about :lol: ? Aston Villa are fecking shite. Fans or no fans.
While you live in your hypothetical world where Pogba's mistake could have cost us, in the real one, we won 0-3 and he was good.

kouroux

The loss of possession resulting in Villa hitting the post was understandable. He received the ball in an incredibly difficult situation. I don't think he was showboating at all. Villa just pressed really well in that situation.
The showboating criticism is just pure madness :lol:

Class of 63

Sourness
How is it understandable? If you receive a dodgy pass, or you lose control, slap it into row Z, as even Barca in their pomp would have struggled to score from there.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent game from him. Smart finish for the goal. His runs forward in the second half were fun to watch. He's getting back to his best, and in a functional team, that's going to be some treat.

The Original

He received a pass and was immediately put under pressure with no great passing options. Yes he lost the ball but it wasn't for want of focus.

Class of 63

Sourness
He received a pass and was immediately put under pressure with no great passing options. Yes he lost the ball but it wasn't for want of focus.
what on earth are you talking about...he took one touch to control the ball and another to attempt to shield it...how is that showboating??
Watch it again,

Mr Smith

To be fair he probably does that once every 2-3 games. I think it's an occupational hazard of playing Pogba in a deeper position; sometimes he'll pull off a brilliant turn and completely negate the press, but other times he'll dally and lose the ball.

For me he's done it far too many times for me to think he's going to change. Gotta take the good with the bad, and ensure we have cover when it happens. He's still a sensational player who more than anyone else we have, has the ability to create something from nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.