Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Rewatch the time he was on and count the tackles. No need to lie about things.
:lol: you asked for stats mate:
Excellent when he came on. I’d be interested to see his passing stats and tackles won. Seemed to be winning the ball back every few minutes. So unlucky with that effort too. Deserved that to go in.
And now it doesn't suit your agenda you're calling me a liar?
I won't waste another second "discussing" with you. Ignore.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
:lol: you asked for stats mate:

And now it doesn't suit your agenda you're calling me a liar?
I won't waste another second "discussing" with you. Ignore.

Your stats aren’t correct. I didn’t call you a liar....they are lies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He's generally been poor against West Ham in the last few years. Will be interested to see if he gets the start today.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's generally been poor against West Ham in the last few years. Will be interested to see if he gets the start today.
He’s usually poor against anybody with intensity in midfield

Pavl3n

Great hit. That’s him done for a few months now.
:lol:
Pretty much.

I might be wrong for what I say next, but I'll do anyhow.
He had quite some time (may be a little over 2 seconds) to think before he struck that ball.
I don't know about him, but whenever I play football and come across an opportunity like this and have that much time to think,
first thing on my mind is "lift my leg higher, don't slice the ball, keep it on target".
A 90 million 'world class' world cup winning footballer should be able to hit the target at least, especially when we were under the cosh - that's my own opinion.

AngliaRed

:lol:
Pretty much.

I might be wrong for what I say next, but I'll do anyhow.
He had quite some time (may be a little over 2 seconds) to think before he struck that ball.
I don't know about him, but whenever I play football and come across an opportunity like this and have that much time to think,
first thing on my mind is "lift my leg higher, don't slice the ball, keep it on target".
A 90 million 'world class' world cup winning footballer should be able to hit the target at least, especially when we were under the cosh - that's my own opinion.
Please tell me you aren’t saying you strike a ball better than an elite level footballer!

dear oh dear, what has this place become.

Pavl3n

Please tell me you aren’t saying you strike a ball better than an elite level footballer!

dear oh dear, what has this place become.
No, I don't. I would love to. But I know what goes through my mind and I know that I can't fully execute it.
However an elite footballer should be able to execute - unless the right thoughts are not going through his mind.

But thanks for cherry picking the vulnerable aspects of my thought's exposition and neglecting the point I was trying to make. It makes the debate quite more enjoyable when you point a beatuiful landscape and the person you point to goes "Oh, your fingernails are not clipped".

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If only he could play like he did in the second half (more or less the entire second half he was excellent) then we'd have a decent player but alas that first half was horrific

el3mel

Fantastic shot. Superb quality moment from him that brought us to the game.

3KDré

Played a lot better when Bruno and Rashford came on, then when Greenwood went up top people were actually making runs in behind so he played better. I think him and Bruno can play together and should more often.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well played Paul. Kept us ticking first half and put a shift in defensively. World class goal that transformed the game. Was heading for 2/3-0 until that moment of genius.

Haddock

All his usual flaws on display in the first half. Jogs about, dawdles on the ball etc. Lucky not to be hooked at HT. That said - what a goal! Repaid Ole's belief in him to an extent. His defensive clearances were quite good if that's anything to take away. If only we could get him to play it faster with fewer than four touches.

Last edited:

saivet

Good second half from him after a poor first half. Really big goal too as we weren't looking all that threatening.

AngliaRed

Good performance and world class goal!

could of got a red card/penalty for that overhead kick and we would be having a different discussion now, but lets have some positivity for once.

NinjaFletch

Thought he was as poor as anyone in the first half, but by God what a hit.

Looked like he had far better clarity of what was expected of him once Van de Beek came off. If we play those two together again I'd prefer to see them the other way round. I don't see anything from Van de Beek to suggest he's going to give you more than Pogba further forward.

Bobski

He is never really comfortable as the main man, he needs someone else to be the heart of the team and then Pogba can be the uber talented extra. I really wish he was more capable of mentally committing to playing deeper , it is the role that gives Utd the strongest options.

Great goal and he lasted the 90, that will get him a run of games you would think, up to him to make it work.

Idxomer

85 accurate passes in the game and 88% pass completion, no one in either team came close.

slored1

First half he was poor but had no help from the attacking players as all were too static, but as soon as there was movement around he was brilliant.

Reactions: Fortitude

HowYouDoin

I am his biggest critic and I want him out of the club but that was a great game and what a goal.

acnumber9

A couple of bad moments in the first half but I thought he was probably our best player at that stage. Which still didn’t qualify as average. Overall he was decent enough but you do worry about him defensively.

SuperiorXI

Absent in the first half then completely different in the second half. Whatever system we used in the first half we shouldn't bother with it again without the right personnel.

MattofManchester

I was saying he didn't have any confidence. Shoulders drooped, unwilling to ping balls forward, or even drive forward himself.

Got the goal, suddenly came completely alive as a player. Involved in a lot of our buildup and looked sure of himself.

That's the player we need to see.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We're a really good team with him and Bruno on form. If we can stretch that out over the Christmas period we could find ourselves in a very good position...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was absolutely atrocious in the first half. Did fine in the second, but did have a superb goal so can't fault him one bit from 45-90 mins.

Evra is a prick though, again now he's dicking on VDB chuckling at why people bother comparing the two. After Pogbas first good 45 mins all season, he should get called out on it. Its a joke.

Roboc7

Poor first half but better in the second, I’m sure he was being named as scapegoat by a lot of people despite everyone having a stinker so it was nice he got goal to change the game.

Carl S Bridge

Really wonder how different this thread would look if he had never left for juventus. He was poor in first half as was everyone else. But what a strike and second half performance. Both defensively and offensively. Good game and hope he can keep this level of performance

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was absolutely atrocious in the first half. Did fine in the second, but did have a superb goal so can't fault him one bit from 45-90 mins.
He was our best player in first half. Not great by all means but was only one who did something.

Roux

Loved the goal, loved the celebration even more! He played well second half.

AFC NimbleThumb

Who else played well in the first half to those having to mention it alongside their damning praise.

Should he leave? Probably. Does he want to play for the club? Don’t know you’d have to ask him but anyone clowning themselves that McAverage or Fred could have such an impact on a game of football are as laughable as his first half display.

He more than played a role in winning in Paris & his introduction at Newcastle led to the win but lets forget that.

Vive la Pogba FC.

kundalini

Fantastic strike for his goal. Apart from that he was decent, controlled the game once we were ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.