Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Come on dude. Thought we were having a sane convo.
My point is, its ok to criticise him without bringing others into it. Stop with the excuses, he was poor in the run in last season too, when the team was very good, you going to blame his teammates for that too?

He has played every position in midfield for United and has not found consistency, thats just the fact.

Im a massive Pogba fan but sometimes just call a spade a spade, his form right now (and for the past 5+ months) is shite, same can't be said for Bruno and Martial

Miss placing simple passes and getting robbed of the ball in the middle of the park is on him, not Ole not Bruno not Martial.

Ole isn't the manager we need, but thats a separate issue

mav_9me

The only question I have is he suffering some effects of COVID-19? Cuz his energy has been so poor so poor. So off the pace on and off the ball. At his best he is not a great midfield controller. But this is just as bad as any midfielder can play. He isn't doing the basics of midfield. If he starts next game I give up.

poleglass red

The only question I have is he suffering some effects of COVID-19? Cuz his energy has been so poor so poor. So off the pace on and off the ball. At his best he is not a great midfield controller. But this is just as bad as any midfielder can play. He isn't doing the basics of midfield. If he starts next game I give up.
Good point. I think hes had covid for 3 yrs

Nik70

I've been wondering the same thing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
My point is, its ok to criticise him without bringing others into it. Stop with the excuses, he was poor in the run in last season too, when the team was very good, you going to blame his teammates for that too?

He has played every position in midfield for United and has not found consistency, thats just the fact.

Im a massive Pogba fan but sometimes just call a spade a spade, his form right now (and for the past 5+ months) is shite, same can't be said for Bruno and Martial

Miss placing simple passes and getting robbed of the ball in the middle of the park is on him, not Ole not Bruno not Martial.

Ole isn't the manager we need, but thats a separate issue
These all are factors. You cant expect the players to perform when you dont give the right platform. Bruno has been equally bad towards the tail end of last season and this season (and people said it was tiredness) .

You don't play him in a midfield 2 , then ask him to dictate play , defend, track the runners and passout from the back. He is just not that type of the player. Why is this so difficult to understand to our managers ?

sidsutton

It’s crazy how many people are acting all surprised at his recent bad performances. It’s only 3 games. He’s had two or three times that many shit displays in every season at the club. This is nothing new.
It's easier to count the number of match winning displays he's had in his time here, and you could do that using Captain Hook's bad hand.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
For me the most overrated player I've seen i've seen play for Utd.

Occasional moments of brilliance, outdone by consistent shit performances.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'd take anyone with energy and who can the pure basics over him every single day.

We have Bruno for the fancy shit, we don't need Pogba rotating 3 times on the ball before passing it on.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
At this point, it's not even on him. He's clearly been terrible, so why doesn't Ole drop him for Van De Beek?

No Love

I'd take anyone with energy and who can the pure basics over him every single day.

We have Bruno for the fancy shit, we don't need Pogba rotating 3 times on the ball before passing it on.
It’s all well and good saying that, but think of the YouTube compilations, will you? ;)They’re integral to fooling people, particularly those who don’t watch matches. Those little meaningless touches are the lifeblood of his reputation.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What a curious case Pogba is. On one hand we have undoubtedly one of the most talented players in the world and on his day, the best midfielder in the world. On the other hand, we have a player who looks uninterested half the time, and put him up against a midfielder who has a good engine, and he can become almost useless and make players like Mark Noble look world class. So what's the answer for him? Personally I think we should have sold him this year. I know we wouldn't get what he's "worth" but we would still get good money for him. That could have gone a long way in bringing in the right type of players to fit Ole's style....

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What a curious case Pogba is. On one hand we have undoubtedly one of the most talented players in the world and on his day, the best midfielder in the world. On the other hand, we have a player who looks uninterested half the time, and put him up against a midfielder who has a good engine, and he can become almost useless and make players like Mark Noble look world class. So what's the answer for him? Personally I think we should have sold him this year. I know we wouldn't get what he's "worth" but we would still get good money for him. That could have gone a long way in bringing in the right type of players to fit Ole's style....
He will always remain talented but its pointless. He is just not motivated enough to play for us and change his ways. There is no place for players like him in our squad. Constantly dawdling on the ball, needless flicks, slowing down tempo... he changed his style for France but wants to be the big man here. And I blame Ole too. Clearly the lad needs benching but can't understand what's going on in the manager's mind.

Sell him, buy couple of effective midfielders. 4 months worth of performances in his 4 years here. Not worth it.

KeanoMagicHat

Pogba could be like Patrick Vieira with the natural attributes he has but instead he's like a shit version of Stephen Gerrard a lot of the time, indulgent and positionally poor, disrupting the flow and making erratic decisions. Like Gerrard, still capable of great moments to take your breath away but he doesn't do enough of the bread and butter stuff.

I think he's clearly unfit though and I can't understand why he keeps being picked to start games. Just play Van de Beek ffs.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His performances with the ball are not good enough to justify how bad he is off it.
Well put.
It’s crazy how many people are acting all surprised at his recent bad performances. It’s only 3 games. He’s had two or three times that many shit displays in every season at the club. This is nothing new.
True. People are also wrong to call him inconsistent. He's the very opposite, actually very consistent player. If you look closely you will see exactly what he is. Strolling around most of the time, bursting into life in moments. Add to that losing the ball in dangerous area due to stupid dribbling or misplaced pass, and you see a picture of player that he is - on regular basis.

It's shocking how he was able to get away with poor performances because of those "moments".

cheeky_backheel

You cant blame him, cos his poor form is Mourinho's fault!

The idiot should have been sold when we could have conned some club into paying loads of money for him

EasyE

What is this stupid new gimmick of wearing a basketball sleeve? You're playing football you prat. Get rid asap. Absolute clown.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is no downside to benching him now. We get a better who isn't as bad as him playing more minutes and with a tiny bit of luck, he uses it as motivation to wake the feck up. Whatever the case, he doesn't deserve to automatically start anymore. Ole gives him far too much freedom and leniency, just treat him like any other player.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've defended him so many times on here over the years. On his day he's our best player and I stand by that.

However...

The "performances" so far have been nothing short of a disgrace. Unfit, no interest in defensive duties, even his passing, which is usually Pogba's best asset, has been woeful.

His performances this season in comparison to post-restart have been night and day. He's either unfit (this was my initial conclusion given the virus etc) or he's completely lost motivation. I'm really worried it's the latter given yesterday's performance... however I have no idea what could have changed over the short summer break?! Perhaps he's fed up with no players coming in?

Either way - he's been absolutely pathetic and needs dropping. If I'm VDB I'm knocking on Ole's door demanding a start

DoomSlayer

Looks almost as slow as Maguire, both of them are our slowest players, even Matic looked sharper.

Ole's at fault for still playing him, bench him for however long it is needed. And if this is not fitness related, don't play Pogba as a starter in the league, he's basically not adding anything to the team, his presence is a detriment to our build-up play.

Kostov

I really struggle to see how can a top class manager watch him play and stick with him in a 2 man midfielder pairing, and his partner more or less a past it Nemanja Matic. Absolute shambolic stuff, the whole defensive shape is shambolic when you leave it to Pogba to do some basic defending actions. Combine that with a fragile CBs like ours are evidently you get what you get.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
The guy tried to get a move to City as soon as he saw they were way ahead of us the year we came 2nd. Been obvious he s not motivated since then. (Other than the 6 week spell once Jose was sacked just to prove his point about Jose)
The list of excuses for his performances is absurd.
Talented but we should never put players before the club. Id of sold him after he publicly refused to play where Jose asked him too. Until he leaves we are in limbo in midfield.

Craig Ward

Has he had Covid for 4 seasons? The man's never played with high energy levels for us.

He's been inconsistent and a liability in our midfield since he re-joined. Needs to be sold

Trex

At 27 we're still struggling to define Pogba as a footballer

Is he a box to box midfielder ??
No,why? Because that's what players like Vidal, Matuidi,and Fred are box to box midfielder cover every blade of grass chasing the ball and when they have it, they play with urgency and aggression,he is too sluggish to be one and lack the selflessness to play the role

Is he a deep lying playmaker
No,why? Because that's what players like kroos and thiago are,they are progressive passers of the ball with a very high success passing rate due to their flawless decision making and technical quality,he doesn't have the level of footballing intelligence required plus he is very impatient with the ball

Is he a number 10
Nope why he isn't silky enough,and isn't really great at picking up spaces the way the likes of Mata, Silva,or Bruno would,he'll get marked out easily

He is unique among midfielders his body is that of a holding midfielder, but he his decision making is of a winger,he would beat anyone one v one link up nicely with a teammate at the edge of the box or play a beautiful long pass to a runner, but in between that he'll loose possession at the edge of the box trying to forcefully carry the ball forward, loose concentration allowing a runner in behind him, allow the opposition to play his side off the park because he won't be fighting for every ball,and play forward passes countless time that are not on,Pogba is a massively flawed genius,to incomplete to fit into any midfied structure,we need to move on from him and build around more efficient players,period..

Craig Ward

For me the most overrated player I've seen i've seen play for Utd.

Occasional moments of brilliance, outdone by consistent shit performances.
Completely agree.

Shame it's took a chunk of our fan base 4 seasons to realise he's not very good. He's certainly not the midfielder we thought he would be.

A massive transfer flop

Sylar

We should sell him. I dont say this on the back of yesterday, but I think its a mixture of things since hes been here. I actually think his first season was good, saying that, but since then its been getting worse.

However since then whether its a combination of trying to move away, not wanting to be here, wanting more money, agent he has, etc, hes just not good enough or not what we need at this time. For all the money you pay for him, on the pitch, I keep hearing that he needs better players with him. Sure, maybe. But you want him to be a player who can elevate those around him. I dont see that and theres no evidence he can do that.

If the above was true, that could be possible for big games that he needs help. but for the 'non' big games, hes not even controlling them. Hes not running those games. Hes now been under two managers at this club and we dont know what his best position is. He seems to play for himself rather than the team. He clearly has talent but maybe its lack of motivation and he needs to be at a team thats established rather than building.

You can count on one hand the number of good performances hes had. We should defo drop him for the next game (and then its upto him to see how he reacts and whether he lets his agent push a narrative).

johanovic

What makes a great sportsman? On top of talent of course? Dedication, workrate and taking care of your self. Look at Ronaldo, Jordan, LeBron,Messi,Lewandowski,Muller,Keano,Robson,Giggs and so on.. Pogba is miles away from having that mindset and most of the time does not give a fecking effort..No matter how talented you are, if you do not put in the work then you are a nothing player..and that's what Pogba is. A player full of himself and despite being paid rather well does not have the charachter to do the job he's paid to do. Imagine a player like Robson or Keane doing that, that would never happen.

Born2Lose

He was carried for two games, and we found out yesterday what happens when you do this against a clinical side.

Should be dropped next game, but won't.

Boils my piss as a United fan to watch this guy coasting game after game, while an enthusiastic youngster like VDB or a grafter like Fred sits on the bench.

His fans can keep changing his "best" position as much as they want but the simple fact is any position on a football pitch needs the bare minimum of hard work.

Rocknrolla69er

When major money needs investing at right wing and centreback
Cashing in on Pogba seems to be a given, doesn't fit Oles system, dare I say it too languid for the Prems high presses

I still think he has an amount of appeal to tempt a top team into a decent fee or even an exchange with a top player.

Falcow

He is an attacking player. He just prefers to do it from deep half of the time. He likes to dictate the play from deep. But put a little pressure on him and he's useless, not to mention how useless he is when we don't have possession...
This. He is useless when he has the ball as he loses it so often and when we dont have the ball he may as well not be on the field.

Clermontois

Supports
France
What is this stupid new gimmick of wearing a basketball sleeve? You're playing football you prat. Get rid asap. Absolute clown.
I can understand people's frustrations with Paul so far this season even though he looks unfit to me still but this post is absolute garbage.

Do you know why he is wearing the sleeve? Respect the slightly cool Compton tag you have and refrain from such prejudiced clown posts.

Flairandentertainment

Dont understand how Ole can pick him as he puts in no effort at all. I dont think its down to fitness, although suspect he's not fully fit. He doesnt want to be at United and I'd be delighted if we could sell him today. He's a very bad influence on other players.

EasyE

I can understand people's frustrations with Paul so far this season even though he looks unfit to me still but this post is absolute garbage.

Do you know why he is wearing the sleeve? Respect the slightly cool Compton tag you have and refrain from such prejudiced clown posts.
Each to their own. It's a genuine query. Can someone tell me why we have a basketballer waltzing round the pitch being tactically inept and continually losing the ball. He's a kid in his football head. This level of football won't change until he hits at least 30 years old. Quote me on that.
There's no prejudice here. I've stuck up for this guy so much but it's getting ridiculous now. I'm no Graeme Souness but I'm allowed to voice my opinion on a football forum. So politely do one.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Each to their own. It's a genuine query. Can someone tell me why we have a basketballer waltzing round the pitch being tactically inept and continually losing the ball. He's a kid in his football head. This level of football won't change until he hits at least 30 years old. Quote me on that.
There's no prejudice here. I've stuck up for this guy so much but it's getting ridiculous now. I'm no Graeme Souness but I'm allowed to voice my opinion on a football forum. So politely do one.
You have outdone your previous post with more rubbish.

I would not expect someone to accept they are prejudiced however it is quite the obvious the moment you see fit to find fault with an arm sleeve with everything else that went on yesterday.

None of our players played well but here you are finding fault with clothing attire because Paul is to be picked apart by you nobody. All with a rap tag, you cannot make up this idiocy.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He has had decent spells with us, I thought the whole first season was more than decent.

However we bought him to be far better than that. He looks completely lost at the moment, no pace, no drive, no nothing?

It's a long way back, he simply cannot be justified starting in his current role.

Status
Not open for further replies.