Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

We must replace him and let him go. He is going to do the same at other club he goes. It was a mistake in signing him. He is a quality player no doubt.

united for life

Sounds like he doesn't give a shit anymore, and I don't blame him.

The season's gone, we've not won a trophy in years and we won't win any this season, and most likely we'll miss out on CL football. In addition his contract's running out, he doesn't have a consistent position/role at the club, and fans absolutely hate his guts. No reason to care anymore.

As a fan of football first, I wish him luck wherever he goes. In my eyes he never really did anything so bad as to be absolutely hated.
no need to waste time on him anymore. He can just f off

R'hllor

Cant wait for him to leave, just so certain section can get of his dick, failed from day one with fans having mental expectations of him, everyone can be shit but we paid money so he should bail them all week in week out. Not to mention cowards hating him and hiding their hate behind his agent, while drooling on very mention of Haaland joining us, funny is it.

Also dunno why people would mind him joining our rivals on free, specially after his game was described in so many negative ways.

Mainoldo

Cant wait for him to leave, just so certain section can get of his dick, failed from day one with fans having mental expectations of him, everyone can be shit but we paid money so he should bail them all week in week out. Not to mention cowards hating him and hiding their hate behind his agent, while drooling on very mention of Haaland joining us, funny is it.

Also dunno why people would mind him joining our rivals on free, specially after his game was described in so many negative ways.
I always wonder what a new bread Thierry Henry relieving his career in a United shirt would go down with this fanbase.

Just for research purposes. I have a feeling he’d get mixed reviews, we something not quite sitting right about him.

Pickle85

I always wonder what a new bread Thierry Henry relieving his career in a United shirt would go down with this fanbase.

Just for research purposes. I have a feeling he’d get mixed reviews, we something not quite sitting right about him.
What on earth does Thierry Henry have to do with anything?! Henry was one of the top five premier league players of all time. Pogba wouldn't make top twenty. Arguably not even top fifty.

jesperjaap

They are both black, French and have bags of ability.........but comparing the Pogba slating to what Henry would have been thought of is frankly ridiculous, definately amongst the best performers and entertainers this league has ever seen.

People seem to forget Pogba was a world record transfer at the time. Hardly the first huge transfer in the game to flop, many of them have actually. But I dont see how even the most ardent fan of Pogba here can justify he has been a success here individually or as part of the team considering he was a world record purchase.

At the end pf the day, even though its a different world, players are ultimately judged on there performances on the pitch. We have had some fantastic players who havent always behaved well off of the pitch but a lot of this "player a" is getting unfair criticism from the fans, I dotn see one current big name player that I would agree with that statement on, not one

Mainoldo

They are both black, French and have bags of ability.........but comparing the Pogba slating to what Henry would have been thought of is frankly ridiculous, definately amongst the best performers and entertainers this league has ever seen.

People seem to forget Pogba was a world record transfer at the time. Hardly the first huge transfer in the game to flop, many of them have actually. But I dont see how even the most ardent fan of Pogba here can justify he has been a success here individually or as part of the team considering he was a world record purchase.

At the end pf the day, even though its a different world, players are ultimately judged on there performances on the pitch. We have had some fantastic players who havent always behaved well off of the pitch but a lot of this "player a" is getting unfair criticism from the fans, I dotn see one current big name player that I would agree with that statement on, not one
There is a privilege though. He’s not even our most expensive flop. But we treat him like we’ve never seen anything like it. He doesn’t miss behave, he’s not arrogant, he’s actually won trophies with us and been one of our best players at periods in time.

But the abuse he gets is just weird. Maybe it’s how he left us and went on to be successful. I get it (I think) but then again I don’t get it.

Rossa

There is a privilege though. He’s not even our most expensive flop. But we treat him like we’ve never seen anything like it. He doesn’t miss behave, he’s not arrogant, he’s actually won trophies with us and been one of our best players at periods in time.

But the abuse he gets is just weird. Maybe it’s how he left us and went on to be successful. I get it (I think) but then again I don’t get it.
The abuse is ridiculous, as is all such internet abuse of players, and I’m not sure what it really is about. He’s a very gifted player that struggles with consistency in a malfunctioning team.

I’m not a huge fan of his, but he is brilliant on his day, and I don’t have a problem with his personality. However, he should tell his agent to shut up once in while.

jesperjaap

No, but the other expensive flops actually got slated jsut as much, they were moved on quicker though.

Pogba has been here for six seasons now and yes he is talented and yes there have been some very good spells, but there has only been one consistent spell the whole time he has been here, he has had more consistent bad spells in my opnion.

I go back to my point though, he was a world record signing, how many best in the world brilliant performances has he given in six seasons. He simply hasnt justified still beign here for six years, should have been sold when he had value. As for the misbehaving, I would disagree to a certain extent with some of his teasing comments in the media and of course with the fact he has allowed his agent to speak so dispargingly about the club.

Whether or not you think he is over rated or under rated as a player and for his performances here, there is no doubt for me he has been a frustration on and off the field with the agent involvement and I will be glad that he is moving on and that ends, even though its crazy we have allowed him to run his contract down and leave for nothing, thats utter madness £60-70m we could have got for him a couple of years back and a fee not far from that last summer...wouldnt be surprised if we make a similar mistake with Rashford this summer

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

When Paul Pogba returned to Manchester United for a fee nearing £100m, it was clear they were signing a great player.

The question was whether he really wanted to be there, or if money lured him back to Old Trafford, where he has had many ups and downs since.

The Manchester United star is out of contract in the summer, and could very well leave the Red Devils on a free for the second time in his career, previously doing so in 2012 to join Juventus back when Sir Alex Ferguson was still in charge.

A lack of first-team opportunities was supposedly behind it, and there’s no denying Pogba developed well in Italy when he was given more of a chance, but it appears there was a bit more to it than that.

This is according to the Manchester United midfielder’s brother, Mathias Pogba, who gave an interview to So Foot.

Asked whether he had anything to do with his sibling moving to Juventus, he said: “Not only did I push him a little: it’s thanks to me that he signed there! I convinced him, 100%. And look at the player he has become. In Manchester, they were making him false promises.”

As to what role he has played in the Manchester United player’s career, he added: “The role of a big brother, quite simply: no more, no less. I will advise until my death.”

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

When Paul Pogba returned to Manchester United for a fee nearing £100m, it was clear they were signing a great player.

The question was whether he really wanted to be there, or if money lured him back to Old Trafford, where he has had many ups and downs since.

The Manchester United star is out of contract in the summer, and could very well leave the Red Devils on a free for the second time in his career, previously doing so in 2012 to join Juventus back when Sir Alex Ferguson was still in charge.

A lack of first-team opportunities was supposedly behind it, and there’s no denying Pogba developed well in Italy when he was given more of a chance, but it appears there was a bit more to it than that.

This is according to the Manchester United midfielder’s brother, Mathias Pogba, who gave an interview to So Foot.

Asked whether he had anything to do with his sibling moving to Juventus, he said: “Not only did I push him a little: it’s thanks to me that he signed there! I convinced him, 100%. And look at the player he has become. In Manchester, they were making him false promises.”

As to what role he has played in the Manchester United player’s career, he added: “The role of a big brother, quite simply: no more, no less. I will advise until my death.”
Glad this circus will move to a different club. All talk no show.

romufc

The funny thing is he didn't understand his role at United but played in a 2 under Ole's reign. Its not that he didn't understand the role, its that he wasn't good at it.

United might have failed Pogba but he failed at United too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I "love " when all these unknown brothers, sisters, cousins and friends of famous people try to be someone important. Leechers

Offsideagain

Any Manager worth his salt would bench the moaning Frenchman who did bugger all to make the side competitive for the last two seasons.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Keep my club's name out your brother's mouth!

afatzp

Just try to be rational here

I'm not sure what exact offer we put on table with Pogba , rumor says he asked £500K / week and we offered £400K / week; but at this point , despite that he is still the best midfielder we have, due to his declining athleticism and increasing injury records, the rational offer would be £200K / week .

Anything more than this offer would be a rip-off , even on commercial prospective.

Another issue here, we should set a deadline of response for such offer. We can't wait until July to know about the final outcome then start to find replacement and miss the whole pre-season.

Clearly Pogba is shopping around other clubs and see if anyone could out-bid our offer. Setting a deadline would at least prompt all parties to make a quicker decision. I just afraid eventually he extended with us on £400K / week , another 5-year deal that we could not get rid and causing unrest in dressing room just like Alexis Sanchez.

Chairman Steve

Every international break like clockwork. He’s such a divisive player and he’s probably the most divisive one to have played for United in my time on Earth, but I will not miss his entourage undermining the club publicly.

Djemba-Djemba

Even if you ignore his underwhelming performances.

He's always fecking injured, even if he was really good he'd still be frustrating because he's always injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.