Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Anonymous today.
As per. At his best he sprays a nice ball for an assist and then goes missing. At his worst he majorly hinders us. Kills momentum by playing at a walking pace. Doesn’t ever really put his heart into it unless he’s diving into a brain dead challenge. He’s also regularly a weak point for opposition to catch us out on the break. This guy is a leader and one of the highest earners in a repeatedly failed team. It’s beyond any doubt he’s not the right guy and to be honest he’s always been a square peg in a round hole here. He didn’t tweak his game at all to suit the league. Such a pity. Could have been a beast

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Dont get it either why he still starts for us after his last interview slating the Manager and his tactics, bench him or even better put a reserve team player on the bench in his place and dont pick him at all, hes not what we need at the club.

M16Red

Do I think we have more talented players in the youth system? No.

Do I think we have players, that will play better and make the team more balanced? Yes

Same goes for the number 9 slot today.

Devil81

Lack of effort, lack of interest.

The lad is a disgrace, I'd be happy if we never play the lad again but Ralf seems intent on playing him for some reason.

Let it sink in that this guy wanted to be our highest paid player. I’m so disappointed with how things have turned out with Pogba, he was my favourite player. I feel like he is similar to Martial, he has the talent but not the attitude or focus.

When you compare a young player like Elanga who is nowhere near as talented but plays better than him every single time. It literally just comes down to being a team player, keeping focus for the whole game and having a hard working attitude.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Dont get it either why he still starts for us after his last interview slating the Manager and his tactics, bench him or even better put a reserve team player on the bench in his place and dont pick him at all, hes not what we need at the club.
I don't get it either and I say as someone who likes the kinda footballer he can be. It was so weak of Ralf to start him today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I only made it home in time to watch the second half, of which he played about 15 minutes. Looked alright in that period to me, saw a good tackle and pass to release Elanga I think. But ultimately, our midfield needs to go in a new direction. It needs energy, and Pogba doesn’t have that. It also needs balance, and Pogba really suits only a very particular shape.

I’ve not liked our midfield for years, the shape of it is all wrong and the wrong pieces are in there. Pogba’s departure gives us a chance to rebuild it from scratch. I want a proper 3 with energy, technique and agility who can manoeuvre the ball short and long at speed evading pressure. Only Fred suits such football of the current group. Perhaps VDB too, and Hannibal another, who I’d like to see get a chance at replacing Pogba.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Guaranteed he picks up an injury before the Liverpool game.

One match closer to him finally fecking off.
Yep, I am actually close to offering a bet he will be injured for that game. He likes avoiding Liverpool for years.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Anyone also shocked we apparently put £450k pw on the table for him to consider?

Then he chats about how he's had to play different positions and how this has made it difficult with a straight face. Perhaps if you close people down and keep the ball mate, the games might be a little bit easier.

AshRK

We are such a stupid club that I won't be surprised if we are still begging him to sign the contract.

united for life

He wants to leave and is below average playing for us now. We still have 8 more games this season, he should start in none. Gove minutes to players who care, young prospects who can actually benefit from game time and work hard to contribute. He’s anyway gone for free in the summer.

tweed

Pogba was at his best in the youth team year. bigger, stronger, faster than the rest... he didnt evolve to be the yaya toure/vieira i thought he might become.

i nearly feel a little sad for him ( not financially) that he didnt become a great player.

they say he plays well for france. often he doesnt. and when you have a Kante behind you and griesman/benzema/Mbappe in front...even players like Nzonzi and Tolisso end up with world cup winner medals...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't want Hannibal anywhere near this team until the new manager starts. We don't want to ruin him.
My concern too. Could potentially be really damaging throwing a young player into the mix at the minute.

Frank Grimes

What position was he even playing in, at times it looked like he was our furthest player forward? Anyway performance wise he jogged about, doubt he raised a sweat. Is he going to sign a new contract here? please no.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Where before he was definitely a top player who was being wasted in shit systems, out of position and in an unsuited team, now he's very much just declined and is just not that good ot a player.

Xanther

Dude's been used as a plug-and-play in different positions since the moment he turned up, in a dysfunctional team with average players, under a managerial has-been and a fraud, at a club with no current culture of tactical relevance. Someone competent turned up (RR) but the damage has already been done, looks a quarter of the player he was at Juve

Where before he was definitely a top player who was being wasted in shit systems, out of position and in an unsuited team, now he's very much just declined and is just not that good ot a player.
This is just learned behaviour, assimilation, I honestly can't blame him. You are the average of the company you keep; in his case, it's the best part of a whole 25-man squad of underperformers, for 6 years straight.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
It's mind boggling how different he plays for France compared to Man united. His intensity easily drops 1 or 2 levels.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He physically looks shot these days. His stamina has gone, maybe covid really did damage him badly.

He just isn't the same player and no way should we be offering him a brand new contract on more money.

I loved Pogba, was my favourite player for years, but right now he offers nothing special.

Foxbatt

No way should he be afforded a contract. No way. Not even for 15k per week. Boot him out. get rid of him.

Sylar

If we offer him a new contract, we havent learnt and the next manager will suffer and be yet another casualty

VivaRonaldo85

He’s only playing at the moment by default as we have extraordinary issues in forward positions. He’s been gone mentally for at least 12 months and I’m stunned he’s still around the place let alone playing. What a flop.

KeanoMagicHat

Think we should have sold Pogba last summer. He’s not enjoying himself and has wanted to leave for years, yet ends up spending 6 years here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him light it up for someone else.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He only looked good for Juventus and France because of his teammates. One of the biggest flops in PL history.

Xanther

He only looked good for Juventus and France because of his teammates. One of the biggest flops in PL history.
?? I think the France national team would beg to differ. He was of huge importance to their World Cup win.

You could also say this about any good player, ever. Might as well describe anyone from City in the same way, Varane only looked good because he was next to Ramos, or anyone from that 2009 Barca team. Class players elevate each other, is the truth.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's mind boggling how different he plays for France compared to Man united. His intensity easily drops 1 or 2 levels.
Nah. The intensity at international football is a few levels below club football, which is the difference. Lower quality of opposition on average too. Also, current day Pogba isn't as good as be used to be for France either.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Anyone also shocked we apparently put £450k pw on the table for him to consider?

Then he chats about how he's had to play different positions and how this has made it difficult with a straight face. Perhaps if you close people down and keep the ball mate, the games might be a little bit easier.
We have Ed mark II in charge. Same old, same shit.

lex talionis

On his day Pogba is outrageous. But such days are few. Withdraw the contract offer and be done with him. Sad, but we have to move on.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is a waste of money. For all his dancing around, loud clothes and funky hairdos he lacks the character needed to play in a Utd midfield. I don't dislike him but he flatters to deceive.

The United

Think we should have sold Pogba last summer. He’s not enjoying himself and has wanted to leave for years, yet ends up spending 6 years here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him light it up for someone else.
Did anyone want to buy him last summer? Or any summers before that?

Can't really sell him if no one wants to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.