Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He had the chance to help us win the EL a couple of years ago. He also had the chance to help us win the FA Cup in the final against Chelsea in 2018. Both times he failed to step up.
Actually in the EL he was asked to play deep and facilitate the forward players. He actually performed the role he was given fine. It was the likes of Bruno and Rashford that didn’t step up.

He actually won the EL with us and was player of the tournament. He won another trophy that season too. Like I said he’s won trophies everywhere he’s been.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The most frustrating player on the planet.

You could argue he's the most talented midfielder on his day. However on his day is not enough. Very disappointing.
He has all the technical tools to be the best midifelder in the world. I firmly believe that, he just never got close to it from a performance nor consistency POV

Silverman

Really sorry to hear he suffers from depression.
However, regarding the comment about not being happy about not winning things at United. How tone deaf can he be.
He's part of the reason we haven't won anything.

united for life

should never play another game for us again. We still have 9 more, we’ll live without him. It’s not like he was winning us games.

terrible attitude - he talks as if everyone is an issue except him. I understand he wants to win trophies, but he is just out of line talking like this. This is not the first time either, this happens on every international break. What’s his role? Nothing. Sit out for the rest of the season and go find yourself a club

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Pretty sure he must have also caused several depressions on our fans during his string of horrid performances.

He'sRaldo

Sounds like he doesn't give a shit anymore, and I don't blame him.

The season's gone, we've not won a trophy in years and we won't win any this season, and most likely we'll miss out on CL football. In addition his contract's running out, he doesn't have a consistent position/role at the club, and fans absolutely hate his guts. No reason to care anymore.

As a fan of football first, I wish him luck wherever he goes. In my eyes he never really did anything so bad as to be absolutely hated.

AFC NimbleThumb

The season's gone, we've not won a trophy in years and we won't win any this season, and most likely we'll miss out on CL football. In addition his contract's running out, he doesn't have a consistent position/role at the club, and fans absolutely hate his guts. No reason to care anymore.

As a fan of football first, I wish him luck wherever he goes. In my eyes he never really did anything so bad as to be absolutely hated.
I agree with every bit of this. It’s abit of a chicken or egg conversation but from rather early on the notion he didn’t want to be here took hold & the rhetoric became vitriolic. I’m sure people will say they gave him a chance until ‘. . .’ but as you say, at this point after all the water under the bridge it’s not a surprise he’s past caring.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Agree. He came as a 105M € player, but when you have that price tag you have to be absolutely decisive for your team. Unfortunately for us and for Pogba he never was that decisive gamechanger player that we all needed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I agree with every bit of this. It’s abit of a chicken or egg conversation but from rather early on the notion he didn’t want to be here took hold & the rhetoric became vitriolic. I’m sure people will say they gave him a chance until ‘. . .’ but as you say, at this point after all the water under the bridge it’s not a surprise he’s past caring.
Gee, I wonder how that crazy notion came about?

Fluctuation0161

Like him or not, I think his comments are completely fair. It's not even so much a Ralf thing but this season he's played in numerous positions, with different players and in different tactical set ups. Even if some thought I was part of the problem I'd be fed of playing for United, winning feck all and not getting anywhere near close to major honours. I think there's a good chance he might leave and take more money than what's on offer at United.

Assuming they want him, pinning his hopes on Ten Hag or Poch to make United challenge again seems like a risky move compared to moving to PSG or even Madrid or Juve on a lower wage.
He has endured alot while at United. Joined under Jose with the promise and expectation of big trophies. But our board didn't back Jose the Summer before his meltdown. Since then he's been stuck in as a number 6 / DM which is not his preferred position.

I think he has let us down at times, but the club had also let him down just as much as the club has let us fans down too!

Pogba and his agent especially though can feck off!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

In my eyes he never really did anything. I dont hate the man but the player, absolutely.
He took MU FC to the absolute fecking cleaners where as the PLC may have got their commercial appeal from him being around.

AFC NimbleThumb

Gee, I wonder how that crazy notion came about?
Go on Pogue, prey tell. I’ve seen him compliment other teams in his time, you know the same way multiple players have done before joining us. . . Maybe I missed the worst of it.

I’m sure players like Aguero didn’t dream of spending his best years at City when he was 10, it’s six of one - half a dozen of the other here, why would he want to be here without success & his performances haven’t supported success. He’s made no worse comments than 100s of footballers. It’s been 5 years of poor performances from Pogba & fans alike.

Frank Grimes

I couldn't care less about smiling or crying after FT, if the player's performance was shit when the game ends, then that performance was shit regardless of how the player is acting after FT, be it crying or laughing and smiling.

Would you forgive Pogba's shit performance if he was crying after a loss?
Everyone is different, personally I think smiling with the opposition after defeat is a bad look.
I forgave many a shit Pogba performance but now I think if we don't move on from him we'll continue to stagnate.

The Urban Goose

I can think of around 250,000 reasons every week why he should care. In fact make that around 250,000 per week plus around 85,000x40 every other week.

AFC NimbleThumb

I can think of around 250,000 reasons every week why he should care. In fact make that around 250,000 per week plus around 85,000x40 every other week.
His & Ibrahimovichs contracts were leaked years ago, from memory Pogba isn’t on the 250,000 reasons you speak of. If you’re going to feign outrage at least try to use some realistic elements. There are enough actual things to criticise him for without throwing shit at your keyboard.

The Urban Goose

His & Ibrahimovichs contracts were leaked years ago, from memory Pogba isn’t on the 250,000 reasons you speak of. If you’re going to feign outrage at least try to use some realistic elements. There are enough actual things to criticise him for without throwing shit at your keyboard.
Funny, all I can find are separate reports of £290k or €350k euros.

The actual figure is irrelevant. I remember a time when playing for Utd meant something, and that the minimum requirement was to try your hardest on th pitch week in, week out.

But if you're happy with players giving up, not caring etc. resulting in the mediocrity that we've been served up for the last few years, while people spend their hard-earned money to watch, go ahead.

Who knows, if they cared top-4 could still be on the cards, but nah, feck it, can't be bothered.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
One day it will be worth going back and quoting all those people blindly defending him for all his faults once he ends up on PSG or Madrid bench next year, and misses half of the season in the process for injuries, Dubais, and whatnot. I have never found satisfaction in that, but with Pogba fans it will be a pleasure.

Supporting his "I have no position" at Manchester United is new low after so many years when he was literally tried on more positions than any other player and hasn't showed any consistency in any of those positions.

It's terrible to hear about his depression, but thinking about it, maybe he is anxious just about Manchester United, considering he is always quiet for months here and as soon as he goes with France he talks openly about United, his contract situation, etc. It's actually quite interesting how that happens during every single international break.

donkeyfish

He has endured alot while at United. Joined under Jose with the promise and expectation of big trophies. But our board didn't back Jose the Summer before his meltdown. Since then he's been stuck in as a number 6 / DM which is not his preferred position.

I think he has let us down at times, but the club had also let him down just as much as the club has let us fans down too!

Pogba and his agent especially though can feck off!
You kind of get this feeling listening to several of his interviews over the years that there's a big difference between what he was pitched when signing and where we ended up.

It's been pretty hard to succeed at united the past 5 years, and there's a nice split of the blame.

Fluctuation0161

You kind of get this feeling listening to several of his interviews over the years that there's a big difference between what he was pitched when signing and where we ended up.

It's been pretty hard to succeed at united the past 5 years, and there's a nice split of the blame.
True.
I suspect that is the case with many of our players. Probably why so many seem disillusioned with the club. I remember Herrera having his 1 year contract extension being activated last minute via post. Not a good way to build a loyal football club family who will "fight to the death" for each other.

I think Pogba needs specific circumstances to play well and he has lacked consistency. It has sometimes seemed like his effort has been lacking at times, but that could be down to a number of other factors too.

Posh Red

He's already done that a few years ago when in Japan. His agent hasnt shut up about it either.

I can't believe how many fans we have who still make excuses for him.

He's been a very poor signing.
What? You just seem to be really angry and it’s hard to know what it is you really want.

Volksie316

This guy is complaining about lack of trophies etc, and it’s a valid point, but he needs to look at his own performances.

No matter what’s system and no matter what formation, we have played, he has always been inconsistent.

He could be great 1-2 matches and then be dreadful for the next month after.

I am not disappointed he is leaving, but I’m annoyed it’s a free transfer yet again!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When he's away from United : "What is the meaning of my career? I have no clear position at United. Why do we live just to suffer?"
When he's at United : "Hehehe dab. Me love you long tim"

OmarUnited4ever

Everyone is different, personally I think smiling with the opposition after defeat is a bad look.
I forgave many a shit Pogba performance but now I think if we don't move on from him we'll continue to stagnate.
I agree we should move on from him, not because he danced to a song in the dressing room after a loss, or was chummy with oppo players after full time, but because ultimately, his signing didn't work for us, and he wasn't what we expected of him.

OmarUnited4ever

If I were managing players who came off a pitch and had a dance off after a defeat I'd be having a word. You think it's fine, then that's on you.
We're talking about directly after a game ended, after they go home, who gives a toss.
You are not managing these players, and not with them in the dressing room after the games, you are a fan, just like all of us here, so, don't worry about meaningless things, it is not like the players are dancing and smiling after the 5-0 drubbing by Liverpool at OT, do you even know what is Rooney talking about? this is the quote from Rooney

I do remember one time, coming into training at United the day after a defeat, still feeling very annoyed and walking into the dressing room with Michael Carrick.

We found Jesse and Paul dancing in there with the music on. I went over, turned it off and took the speakers out of the dressing room – because that’s my mindset, that’s how I’ve grown up in football.
All I am saying, don't worry about stuff that do mean a thing, what we see is the performances on the pitch, that is what we should care about, the rest is as I said many times, meaningless noise.

Frank Grimes

You are not managing these players, and not with them in the dressing room after the games, you are a fan, just like all of us here, so, don't worry about meaningless things, it is not like the players are dancing and smiling after the 5-0 drubbing by Liverpool at OT, do you even know what is Rooney talking about? this is the quote from Rooney

All I am saying, don't worry about stuff that do mean a thing, what we see is the performances on the pitch, that is what we should care about, the rest is as I said many times, meaningless noise.
Yes, that Rooney, the one induced into a the PL's Hall of Fame, he was a heavy drinker, cheated on his pregnant wife and other crazy stuff he did.

But guess what, me as fan, I didn't care about his off the pitch antics, what I cared about was his performances on the pitch, he had countless supreme performances, that made him a great player.

Performances on the pitch are what matters the most, the rest is meaningless noise that I don't care about
You don't care about but loads of others do which is why to act this way after defeat is disrespectful to the fans that pay your wages. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

dinostar77

Will be interesting to see if RR keeps selecting him, with the back page of a tabloid main headline running the quotes about Pogba saying last 5 years of his career have been wasted at Utd.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Its bit rich for him to complain about our season when he has been out for 4 months this season and same story was there for last 2 season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be interesting to see if RR keeps selecting him, with the back page of a tabloid main headline running the quotes about Pogba saying last 5 years of his career have been wasted at Utd.
To be fair he's correct about these 5 years being wasted for him. Same for DDG I suppose. These are players who could have won trophies had they made different moves in their career.

At the same time from our POV, happy to move on from this. He's proven to be a bad fit for the phase we are in as a club and to an extent the PL with its high intensity. Let's free up those huge wages and rebuild a midfield which has actually CMs.

Lentwood

Not a proper footballer. Doesn't want to run, doesn't want to fight, doesn't want to get his shorts dirty.

Could have been the best midfielder in World football with his talent. I'm just not sure he understands the game. Enjoys it, I'm sure, but doesn't seem to understand what is required of him at an elite level.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What? You just seem to be really angry and it’s hard to know what it is you really want.
Not angry at Pogba anymore. That's been and gone now and looking forward to him leaving. I'm more angry with sycophants who continue to excuse him for all the negative stuff him and his agent have brought onto this club.

Some people having trouble letting go and for what? He's barely done anything to remember him by anyway.

I notice these same people aren't quite as forgiving to other members of the squad too.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I think that he shouldn't have said these things now but waited for the end of the season.
Typical Pogba - good riddance.

redshaw

Not sure why he's still here. At one point yes United were trying to keep hold of him or at least get a reasonable fee from the market at the time pre covid with a lot of years left but for the last two summers he could've gone but would've meant a drop in wages and no silly agent fees. We weren't going to challenge for anything with Ole he saw that in his first year, following on he was without a role back then being on the left wing with McTom and Fred preferred. It seemed like he was lacking offers for the wages he wanted and settled to pick up them up at United.

The summer of 2020 was the time to go. I kept saying I don't want United to be blamed for wasting his years, just fecking go anywhere please for both our sakes.

His agent thought he'd light up the PL and there'd be a mega move similar to Ronaldo Bale Coutinho but the best we got pre covid was 70 euro from a reluctant Perez at Madrid while Zidane was there. His performances have meant no-one was pushing hard to get him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Go on Pogue, prey tell. I’ve seen him compliment other teams in his time, you know the same way multiple players have done before joining us. . . Maybe I missed the worst of it.

I’m sure players like Aguero didn’t dream of spending his best years at City when he was 10, it’s six of one - half a dozen of the other here, why would he want to be here without success & his performances haven’t supported success. He’s made no worse comments than 100s of footballers. It’s been 5 years of poor performances from Pogba & fans alike.
You’re very naive or very ill-informed if you can’t see the difference between the words/actions of Pogba and (especially) his agent over the last 5 years and the comments of “100s of footballers”

AFC NimbleThumb

Funny, all I can find are separate reports of £290k or €350k euros.

The actual figure is irrelevant. I remember a time when playing for Utd meant something, and that the minimum requirement was to try your hardest on th pitch week in, week out.

But if you're happy with players giving up, not caring etc. resulting in the mediocrity that we've been served up for the last few years, while people spend their hard-earned money to watch, go ahead.

Who knows, if they cared top-4 could still be on the cards, but nah, feck it, can't be bothered.
If the figures irrelevant, why state it. . .

No fan is happy with players not caring so take that straw man elsewhere. I’m just as bothered by the McToms who look like they give a shit but struggle to pass 10 yards. Not caring/not being good enough, we’ve a squad riddled with both. ‘while people spend their hard earned money’, ‘I remember a time when playing for United meant something’, lad stop trying to be so emotive.
You’re very naive or very ill-informed if you can’t see the difference between the words/actions of Pogba and (especially) his agent over the last 5 years and the comments of “100s of footballers”
Didn’t answer the question but threw insults, how on brand. Happy to discuss further if you can provide examples instead of insults. It’s easy to post ‘the difference’ without substantiation. We’ve done this dance a few times now, I’m not saying Pogba & his agent haven’t mouthed off inappropriately [they fecking have], what I am saying is it’s no worse than multiple other instances. This is the same forum where members would sell their nan if Haaland would sign for us, who’s his agent again? Oh yea & the Ajax right back on a free that posters want, who represents him? Where was the energy when DvBs agent was disclosing discussions earlier in the season? When players talk about how playing for United is their dream prior to joining do you cry for their clubs?

Naive & ill-informed from you about Pogba is the epitome of irony.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If the figures irrelevant, why state it. . .

No fan is happy with players not caring so take that straw man elsewhere. I’m just as bothered by the McToms who look like they give a shit but struggle to pass 10 yards. Not caring/not being good enough, we’ve a squad riddled with both. ‘while people spend their hard earned money’, ‘I remember a time when playing for United meant something’, lad stop trying to be so emotive.

Didn’t answer the question but threw insults, how on brand. Happy to discuss further if you can provide examples instead of insults. It’s easy to post ‘the difference’ without substantiation. We’ve done this dance a few times now, I’m not saying Pogba & his agent haven’t mouthed off inappropriately [they fecking have], what I am saying is it’s no worse than multiple other instances. This is the same forum where members would sell their nan if Haaland would sign for us, who’s his agent again? Oh yea & the Ajax right back on a free that posters want, who represents him? Where was the energy when DvBs agent was disclosing discussions earlier in the season? When players talk about how playing for United is their dream prior to joining do you cry for their clubs?

Naive & ill-informed from you about Pogba is the epitome of irony.
Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.