Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Pogba is our highest profile player. Came here for a huge record fee, he had so much hype and he's been a crushing disappointment.

That's why he's getting more focus for being a flop than the likes of cavani or Lingard.
This sounds more like a United problem for spending so much money on him. Pogba didn't choose his transfer fee.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wait what. He put his hands to his ears before he got booed? Didn’t sound to me like he was getting booed before doing that.
The first booes are at 0:10-0:11 seconds, he raise his arm around 0:13.

Gomes

Which means that they should get the same treatment or at least close, right?
You are trying to pretend that Pogba only receives those reactions because he has been horrible? Who are you kidding?
Booing players like Fellaini for no other reason besides not liking his way of playing is disgraceful. Booing disgraceful players is not.
You know very well why he isn't liked and it has nothing to do with his race or media.

Who talked about his race or media?
Plenty of people have. Was just trying to prevent the usual talking points. No, people don't boo Pogba because of Gary Neville.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
You are trying to pretend that Pogba only receives those reactions because he has been horrible? Who are you kidding?
Booing players like Fellaini for no other reason besides not liking his way of playing is disgraceful. Booing disgraceful players is not.
You know very well why he isn't liked and it has nothing to do with his race or media.
Who talked about his race or media?

Dan_F

The first booes are at 0:10-0:11 seconds, he raise his arm around 0:13.
If you say so. Most clubs have players apologising to fans for poor performances at the end of games. I stood up for him for years, but the way he behaves is symptomatic of why the dressing room is in the state it’s in.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This would actually be a good point if he didn't bring religion into it. What does fasting have anything to do with it? talking about his performance would have been enough. A lot of players in the PL are also fasting. Most of my friends are also fasting and even they never bring it up as an excuse for anything despite working in physically demanding jobs.

JPRouve

Scout
If you say so. Most clubs have players apologising to fans for poor performances at the end of games. I stood up for him for years, but the way he behaves is symptomatic of why the dressing room is in the state it’s in.
What are you talking about, was he supposed to apologize?

OL29

This would actually be a good point if he didn't bring religion into it. What does fasting have anything to do with it? talking about his performance would have been enough.
His energy levels (which in all fairness have looked pretty low all season) would be diminished as he wont have eaten today. It provides context.

tjb

Impossible not to see the differences between those two. It will be much easier for Bruno when United finally gets rid of Pogba.
For some reason he still somehow has annoying fanboys.
Bruno is having a relatively poor season, but he still produces.

Most importantly, noone will ever say that Bruno is lazy. We've also seen him almost single handedly lift us up in a way Pogba never could. He doesn't have his agent constantly disparaging the club and always tries to play for the club.

If Rashford wasn't consistently jogging and showed a lot more heart when playing, he would not be getting anywhere near the heat he currently is due to what he has done in the past and the lack of disparaging comments to the press.

Pogba doesn't have that cover

hobbers

His energy levels (which in all fairness have looked pretty low all season) would be diminished as he wont have eaten today. It provides context.
Says it all really because his energy levels were no different today than they have been any other day. i.e. almost non existent.

Dan_F

What are you talking about, was he supposed to apologize?
If I was a player after that game, Everton (the list of games could continue) I would absolutely be putting my hands up to apologise to the Stretford End. I certainly wouldn’t be cupping my ear :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm pretty sure as many would have.
If Maguire was leaving in the summer he'd be getting booed too I would imagine.
Nonsense, Maguire has put in loads of performances this season that deserved him being dropped let alone booed. Leaving at the end of the season has got nothing to do with it. Pogba's a black player with fancy haircuts and has been an easy target for United fans for years. We all know how it works. Maguire has been shit for years, he's the captain, got into bother with the police abroad and been responsible for more goals conceded...yet nothing.

Help me make it make sense.

tjb

It is, Matic has been good for 6 months as a Manchester United player, we won nothing with him and he is leaving on a free. And Bruno wasn't more consistent when Pogba was injured, so we are not going to start that kind of nonsense.
Stop acting like you don't know the difference. Pogba, his agent and his family were rubbishing the club in public. A lot of fans believe he played a heavy hand in getting Mourinho fired. The toxicity and player power fans feel the club has allowed to happen has very much to do with Pogba. He should have been gone about 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Matic came in a little older. We all knew there was a possibility of decline at the time, so when it occurred, we were not surprised. For all intents and purposes, he has looked like a solid pro and a leader in the dressing room. I would have more of a problem if our fans started booing Maguire, but Pogba deserves what he's getting.

RedIan

Reasonable on the all but clueless without it, jogging back, no positional sense.. he cannot play centre midfield.

DickDastardly

Just need to enjoy the last few performances of his reign here, and savour the memories.

That one he had on the edge of our box, pointlessly holding someone off, doing one unnecessary bit of skill too many, and losing it. Just :drool:
We're gonna be in a world of pain once this wanker and his agent realize no one in his right mind would sign him, even for free, and we eventualy end up with him forever.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nonsense, Maguire has put in loads of performances this season that deserved him being dropped let alone booed. Leaving at the end of the season has got nothing to do with it. Pogba's a black player with fancy haircuts and has been an easy target for United fans for years. We all know how it works. Maguire has been shit for years, he's the captain, got into bother with the police abroad and been responsible for more goals conceded...yet nothing.
:rolleyes:

Dan_F

Please stop. I’ve defended him for ages, am very much not racist in any sense, but can see that he doesn’t care any more and is just riding things out.

There was a time when I would agree a certain set of United fans were singling him out, but right now that isn’t the case. As for Maguire, loads of shit players have played for United and not got booed. Pogba is not being booed just for playing badly, and likewise, Maguire won’t get booed simply because he’s not playing well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pogba hasn't tried to leave at all, he may have thought about it but there has been no attempts. When players under contract want to leave it's a different story and people should know, we have seen it at United.
He hasn't gone on strike, no. But if you don't think his agent constantly quoting about where his player wants to go and making noises in public is off his own back you must be a little on the naive side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yep, there's not been one negative word said about Maguire at all has there :lol:

tjb

It has nothing to do with performance.

Pogba has consistently disrespected the club and we have been in a holding pattern with him for years.

Dan_F

Yes that's right. He was booed off during the sub but at the end, fans were singing something else when he did that.
So that means he has to cup his ears at the end and antagonise the fans? Just walk off the pitch like a professional.

Unless you don’t actually care any more because you’re leaving, in which case he might as well give it back and just sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
So that means he has to cup his ears at the end and antagonise the fans? Just walk off the pitch like a professional.

Unless you don’t actually care any more because you’re leaving, in which case he might as well give it back and just sit on the bench for the rest of the season.
I'm not defending him! I'm glad he was booed, hope he doesn't play for United again TBH

JPRouve

Scout
He hasn't gone on strike, no. But if you don't think his agent constantly quoting about where his player wants to go and making noises in public is off his own back you must be a little on the naive side.
His agent hasn't been constantly quoted though. That's an other interesting thing people imagining more events than what actually happened. As for his brother he is a lunatic and an idiot who is easily baited by the french press on all topics. Anyone thinking that there is anything controlled about this one is a bit foolish.

Moriarty

This would actually be a good point if he didn't bring religion into it. What does fasting have anything to do with it? talking about his performance would have been enough. A lot of players in the PL are also fasting. Most of my friends are also fasting and even they never bring it up as an excuse for anything despite working in physically demanding jobs.
I don't know if Muslims are permitted to drink fluids during Ramadan but I've done a fair bit of juice fasting over the years and I've found that my energy levels actually increased. But my juice fasts have lasted only a day or three.

BarstoolProphet

Think what initiated the booing was him losing the ball needlesly right before he was substituted. You could hear a few boos and groans then and the substitution enhanced it. Sometimes I feel like he has been treated unfair, and he does seem like a nice guy, but then I realize that he has been trying to unsettle the club by proxy pretty much from the get go.

hobbers

We all know how it works. Maguire has been shit for years, he's the captain, got into bother with the police abroad and been responsible for more goals conceded...yet nothing.

* Yet he's been the subject of ridicule and richly deserved criticism (and plenty of abuse) on social media and in stadiums (see: Atletico sub, England boos).

Pogba has been shit for years, a sicknote for over half of the time, criticises the club at every opportunity and has been angling for a move away for the last 4 summer transfer windows.

Hope that helped make some sense of it all.

kps88

His agent hasn't been constantly quoted though. That's an other interesting thing people imagining more events than what actually happened. As for his brother he is a lunatic and an idiot who is easily baited by the french press on all topics. Anyone thinking that there is anything controlled about this one is a bit foolish.
Didn't Raiola come out and say he was unhappy at United just before our must win CL game against Leipzig?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just 3 quotes I found with 3 mins of googling. Unless your definition of constantly is every week, he's definitely made these sort of comments repeatedly, especially in the last 3 years.

"I think the best soluton for both Pogba and Man Utd is that he goes in the next transfer window...risk losing him on a free transfer as it's not his intention to extend his contract"

"Better to be straight up about it. Paul is unhappy at Manchester united...he has to move...he has a contract that expires in 18months"

"PP is unhappy...unable to express himself...needs a new team, a change of air"

Dan_F

Oh come on, we don’t need to talk about his brother and Raiola. His personal quotes have been bad enough!

90 + 5min

What are you implying? Why mentioning colour of a skin?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didn't Raiola come out and say he was unhappy at United just before our must win CL game against Leipzig?
There's been many examples of these sort of soundbites from Raiola. I found 3 separate ones in the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.