Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

I interpreted booing him as part of the general discontent aimed at the Glazers, like the event wasn't planned for today, I doubt he'd be booed.
The match scenario didn't help either
Yeah , I don't think it was necessarily all aimed at Pogba.

It's been a horrible season, it's been a horrible 10 years really, and we'd just thrown away a 2 goal lead at home to fecking Norwich.

I think any major player being subbed off today would have been booed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The contrast with Matic is interesting. Unfortunately I'm seeing the same nonsense with Bruno who is ready to replace Pogba.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I’m not sure your personal choice to boo or not is the point. You basically just gave an account to his reaction to being booed. It seemed a negative take as it ended with your hope that it’s his last game. I was just wondering if you had a problem with the fact that he seemed to laugh it off is all.
Ah, OK. Hmm, then yes I have a problem with Pogba as I think he's been a poor signing for us and I don't have a problem with him being booed given his relationship with the club and his performances / application

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ah, OK. Hmm, then yes I have a problem with Pogba as I think he's been a poor signing for us and I don't have a problem with him being booed given his relationship with the club and his performances / application
Clearly you are not alone.

hobbers

Played well in the first half when we had the ball. Doesn't deserve to be booed, classless stuff. What exactly has he done wrong other than being less than the player we hoped he'd be?
I take the booing to be as much a response to the insane prospect of giving him another unearned contract extension and pay hike after stinking the place up for 6 years and clamouring to leave.

Everyone knows the only possible reason Pogba could still be here next season is because no top club in world football wants him anywhere near them. The fallback option of staying here and a pay increase shouldn't even be on the table for him.

Gomes

The contrast with Matic is interesting. Unfortunately I'm seeing the same nonsense with Bruno who is ready to replace Pogba.
Impossible not to see the differences between those two. It will be much easier for Bruno when United finally gets rid of Pogba.
For some reason he still somehow has annoying fanboys.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was that when his agent or his brothers first started talking about him being wanting to leave ?
Who knows, I have no timeline of such to hand. It was when we lost a football match to Cardiff and finished the season disappointingly I do remember that much.

Red_toad

Real mixed performance, I can understand some of it as he’s 100% not a holding midfielder. Gassed out by the time he was subbed off.

Holocene

Impossible not to see the differences between those two. It will be much easier for Bruno when United finally gets rid of Pogba.
Care to explain why its going to be much easier for Bruno?

JPRouve

Scout
It is, Matic has been good for 6 months as a Manchester United player, we won nothing with him and he is leaving on a free. And Bruno wasn't more consistent when Pogba was injured, so we are not going to start that kind of nonsense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just need to enjoy the last few performances of his reign here, and savour the memories.

That one he had on the edge of our box, pointlessly holding someone off, doing one unnecessary bit of skill too many, and losing it. Just :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I take the booing to be as much a response to the insane prospect of giving him another unearned contract extension and pay hike after stinking the place up for 6 years and clamouring to leave.

Everyone knows the only possible reason Pogba could still be here next season is because no top club in world football wants him anywhere near them. The fallback option of staying here and a pay increase shouldn't even be on the table for him.
I wouldn’t say he’s exactly been ‘clamouring’ to leave at all since he rejoined tbh. The fans have always had a suspicion of him, and any comment to me is clung to in the name of validation for what already clearly existed. I think for around half of his stay here, he’s certainly been ‘open’ to leaving - but clamouring, not really. I’ve seen players clamour to leave clubs and this hasn’t been that.

Herman Toothrot

Anka is a long-term apologist. £90 million, three managers and five years, he's just been a massive, massive disappointment. We have heard all the excuses. Don't love the booing, but can't wait to see the back of him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In case anyone was wondering how a Pogba Bruno 2 man combo would work...there was the answer today!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn’t say he’s exactly been ‘clamouring’ to leave at all since he rejoined tbh. The fans have always had a suspicion of him, and any comment to me is clung to in the name of validation for what already clearly existed. I think for around half of his stay here, he’s certainly been ‘open’ to leaving - but clamouring, not really. I’ve seen players clamour to leave clubs and this hasn’t been that.
He's fooled the more dimwitted of fans who think it's his rabid agent acting totally against Pogba's own desire constantly making comments about how he wants out.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Real mixed performance, I can understand some of it as he’s 100% not a holding midfielder. Gassed out by the time he was subbed off.
I think for any other player, it’s simply called a ‘good performance’. Because even when players play well, there is an example of x or y they could have done better. On the whole, he was good today. He definitely came off at the right time. His fitness is poor, but he is also fasting which will likely contribute to your last sentence.

Pickle85

Overpaid show pony. Had all the potential in the world but has really only had a couple of truly world class season at Juve. It's really been galling to see him making eyes at any perceived 'big' side that may be interested in him, as well.

Dorris

It is, Matic has been good for 6 months as a Manchester United player, we won nothing with him and he is leaving on a free. And Bruno wasn't more consistent when Pogba was injured, so we are not going to start that kind of nonsense.
Pogba’s been trying to leave for 4 years and strolls around the pitch with a lethargy that gives off the impression he couldn’t care less. I’d be stunned if the fans ever turned on Bruno the way they have Pogba, and that’s down to the above.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's fooled the more dimwitted of fans who think it's his rabid agent acting totally against Pogba's own desire constantly making comments about how he wants out.
Firstly, you don’t know any more than anyone else to be calling anyone a dimwit, but secondly - I am considering the comments of his agent in him not ‘clamouring’ to leave.

hobbers

We all know for most of his time here he'd have jumped at the chance to trade United for Paris or Madrid. But they never gave him the option because they dont particularly rate him (probably largely because of Raiola's agent fees).

That's maybe tolerable for fans for someone who plays every week and does well. Not so tolerable when you're Pogba and play less than half the games of any given season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba’s been trying to leave for 4 years and strolls around the pitch with a lethargy that gives off the impression he couldn’t care less. I’d be stunned if the fans ever turned on Bruno the way they have Pogba, and that’s down to the above.
Clearly not hard enough.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Disgraceful from the United fans today. Pogba's just an easy target. They would never have done that to Maguire who's been a damn sight worse.

JPRouve

Scout
Pogba hasn't tried to leave at all, he may have thought about it but there has been no attempts. When players under contract want to leave it's a different story and people should know, we have seen it at United.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Disgraceful from the United fans today. Pogba's just an easy target. They would never have done that to Maguire who's been a damn sight worse.
I'm pretty sure as many would have.

Gomes

Care to explain why its going to be much easier for Bruno?
I meant the reactions from the fans. Maybe the people who defend everything Pogba does and crap on Bruno in every thread will stop. You know the people I am talking about. Probably dumb hope I guess. Was the same with MartialFC and Rashford.

Pogba has been his teammate the whole time Matic has been here. When did he last win anything? How many good months can you count for him?
Two weeks this year?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We all know for most of his time here he'd have jumped at the chance to trade United for Paris or Madrid. But they never gave him the option because they dont particularly rate him (probably largely because of Raiola's agent fees).

That's maybe tolerable for fans for someone who plays every week and does well. Not so tolerable when you're Pogba and play less than half the games of any given season.
I imagine a number of our players would have. And there’s very little to suggest that he’s held any real interest in playing for PSG anyway. Real Madrid actually made a bid for him 3 years ago. We rejected it and there was no fuss or trying to force the club to sell. Never refused to turn up for pre-season, never reports of not training or being late etc. As I said, he’s clearly been open to a move for a while, but nowhere near trying to push or force one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Maguire was leaving in the summer he'd be getting booed too I would imagine.
Why? What a ridiculous thing to rationalise. We had half a team out there today who are leaving in the summer for a start.

JPRouve

Scout
Pogba has been his teammate the whole time Matic has been here. When did he last win anything? How many good months can you count for him?
Two weeks this year?
Which means that they should get the same treatment or at least close, right?

Djemba-Djemba

Why? What a ridiculous thing to rationalise. We had half a team out there today who are leaving in the summer for a start.
Pogba is our highest profile player. Came here for a huge record fee, he had so much hype and he's been a crushing disappointment.

That's why he's getting more focus for being a flop than the likes of cavani or Lingard.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba is our highest profile player. Came here for a huge record fee, he had so much hype and he's been a crushing disappointment.

That's why he's getting more focus for being a flop than the likes of cavani or Lingard.
Majority of the fans spent the whole game cheering passes, tackles and dribbles from him. And players with far lesser profiles than Pogba have been booed in football.

He isn’t our highest profile player either.

Status
Not open for further replies.