Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
At this point we’re just picking on the player now. His game was fine today. Passed the ball forward quite well, helped us move up the pitch. It’s as if these posts are pre-packaged long before the game.

Man-United

Can see him getting booed at Old Trafford soon after his refusal to sign a new deal and also how poor he's been.

Marwood

I thought he was pretty good on the ball. The game suited him, was pretty much attack vs defense.

But he moves like a centre back.

Stadjer

At this point we’re just picking on the player now. His game was fine today. Passed the ball forward quite well, helped us move up the pitch. It’s as if these posts are pre-packaged long before the game.
Missed the game and checked the players ratings. Pogba rated the lowest so i decided to check his thread. Pogba being rated the lowest is just the people on Redcaf not liking him? Doesnt suprise me at all... :lol:

VivaRonaldo85

If you’re defending him at this stage and saying he was pretty good etc, you’re really clutching at straws. He’s going through the motions clear by his effort on the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you’re defending him at this stage and saying he was pretty good etc, you’re really clutching at straws. He’s going through the motions clear by his effort on the pitch.
The man has had many poor games of late. But if we’re speaking honestly, there was nothing wrong with his performance today. Nothing spectacular, but certainly nothing to warrant the comments above. Not unless people just want to make them IMO.

VivaRonaldo85

The man has had many poor games of late. But if we’re speaking honestly, there was nothing wrong with his performance today. Nothing spectacular, but certainly nothing to warrant the comments above. Not unless people just want to make them IMO.
I think it’s frustration of the last 5 years coming out and possibly blurring things slightly. It’s impossible not to be massively underwhelmed by him in the whole which probably seaps into assessment of individual performances.

R'hllor

If you deslike him and want him gone, dunno why you hating, you should be happy that he actually wants to leave, seems thats only way you get out of United, because, we dont know how to sell a player by overpricing, we extend contracts to players that should be released as free agents.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The way Pogba is seen, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he renewed today, I'm certain some people would accuse him of having no ambition and only being happy with the money and just settling in doing 'nothing' and getting paid a fortune and if he doesn't, he's mentally checked out and just running out his contract so he can leave United like a thief having cost them a fortune to bring back and lose again for free.

Bwuk

He’s not renewing. We should just stop playing him. We aren’t getting top 4 anyway.

united for life

He’s not renewing. We should just stop playing him. We aren’t getting top 4 anyway.
spot on. He is indifferent. He talks too much when he’s away and comes back to play average football. Why are we playing him, not sure. Better give the kids some time on the pitch.

Devil81

Simply the player I hate the most from my time supporting my club.

Two free transfers, a record transfer fee and five years of bang average performances.

Bobade

Dont care about him leaving, or free transfers or chatting shit or any of that - i just think he was crap. He played with no desire, he is slow as anything, he's late for challenges all the time because he isn't arsed to be quick off the mark, and what positives did he contribute? Wasn't an awful game from him as such, I just felt he did very very little.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We aren’t looking to sell Pogba though are we?
Because we can’t. But he is a player who will not be here next season. And it seems that, certainly on here anyway, that people require some sort of punishment to be handed out to players who will not be at the club next season. I was curious to know what the stance was on players that WE may not want for next season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'd understand playing him if we had something to play for and he was contributing heavily despite leaving on a free. However since that isn't the case, we should play Hannibal or maybe Garner. It won't be worse, that's for sure

tomaldinho1

This is actually just his level now, I think we still hope for some magic or something to remind us he was a world record signing but it never comes. Was fine today, if he was a youth player you’d think he was ‘decent’ and hopefully gets more minutes.

crossy1686

career ending
If he played well today then the bar for decent performances is well and truly on the floor.

He came on, got the ball, squared it to Matic then went and hid behind an Everton player. I watched him do that consistently in the first half and all I saw of him in the second half was him trying to get himself sent off.

BlueHaze

Simply the player I hate the most from my time supporting my club.

Two free transfers, a record transfer fee and five years of bang average performances.
I get this but the blame for that has to be put on the owners. Everyone knows the only way Pogba qualities can excell is when he has quality around him to make his job easier. When you put him around players like McTominay Fred and Matic it is already doomed.

Then there is the fact that he's been openly wanting to leave since 3 years back and the clueless morons wouldn't let him go because they didn't think the offers were good enough but now in the end he'll leave for nothing. Sheer stupidity.

When a player wants to go, especially a player of this calibre you have to accept it and get something in return only keep them if you are certain they'll renew. Letting them run out their contracts and leave for nothing in return is the worst decision of all.

Devil81

I get this but the blame for that has to be put on the owners. Everyone knows the only way Pogba qualities can excell is when he has quality around him to make his job easier. When you put him around players like McTominay Fred and Matic it is already doomed.

Then there is the fact that he's been openly wanting to leave since 3 years back and the clueless morons wouldn't let him go because they didn't think the offers were good enough but now in the end he'll leave for nothing. Sheer stupidity.

When a player wants to go, especially a player of this calibre you have to accept it and get something in return only keep them if you are certain they'll renew. Letting them run out their contracts and leave for nothing in return is the worst decision of all.
Excuses excuses excuses.....

We've been building sides around him for five years, he's overrated.

Honestly I'm fed up hearing about him, I hate him. He's disrespected the club I love more than any other player ever.

AndySmith1990

Not long now and he'll be gone forever. That's one of the few positives we can take from the season.

Wheato

I'm really intrigued as to the club that wants to take a punt on him in the summer. We offered him 400k per week, and it's not like many clubs out there have that sort of money to burn on a luxury player like Pogba. He's 29, has long stints of being injured, can't play when he is closed down or man marked. Has a hand full of good games per season, normally when he has time and space, and in the modern era, you never get that. You can cancel him out quite easily because he has a desire to slow the game down and do a trick or a flick, and most of the time it doesn't come off, because he's really easy to tackle, close down, disposes. If I was his manager, I'd fine him if he took more than 3 touches in transition. He's a show boater, and that nonsense doesn't work in the English game. You might nutmeg one player, but then his team mate just takes you out. It's pointless. Pogba is pointless.

BlueHaze

Excuses excuses excuses.....

We've been building sides around him for five years, he's overrated.

Honestly I'm fed up hearing about him, I hate him. He's disrespected the club I love more than any other player ever.
It's not really excuses I'm just telling the truth. I feel the same way you do about him and also want him gone myself but he's never been a type of player you can count on to make a massive difference on his own he's simply just that type of player who can only be at his best in certain teams with certain players around him.

Either way I think wherever he goes his best days are behind him. He might win things with his new team but he won't be seen as that superstar people once rated him as.

Roane

Pogba has ultimately failed at UTD with the price tag etc

However I would be interested in reading any book he releases in the future about his time here.

Ludens the Red

I'm really intrigued as to the club that wants to take a punt on him in the summer. We offered him 400k per week, and it's not like many clubs out there have that sort of money to burn on a luxury player like Pogba. He's 29, has long stints of being injured, can't play when he is closed down or man marked. Has a hand full of good games per season, normally when he has time and space, and in the modern era, you never get that. You can cancel him out quite easily because he has a desire to slow the game down and do a trick or a flick, and most of the time it doesn't come off, because he's really easy to tackle, close down, disposes. If I was his manager, I'd fine him if he took more than 3 touches in transition. He's a show boater, and that nonsense doesn't work in the English game. You might nutmeg one player, but then his team mate just takes you out. It's pointless. Pogba is pointless.
Same, my curiosity is through the roof. I can only think PSG for their vanity project. No serious club who wants to be successful and manage their wages will be bringing Pogba in.
My biggest fear though is this stupid fecking club of ours making one last desperate attempt to keep him. I think at that point it’ll become clear we’re self sabotaging.

Chripper

Pogba has ultimately failed at UTD with the price tag etc

However I would be interested in reading any book he releases in the future about his time here.
It'll be titled "A-Z of Dubai".

Mr PG

I don’t think there’s any chance we offered him £400k maybe £300k but still too much. Good player but doesn’t suit us

King29

Because we can’t. But he is a player who will not be here next season. And it seems that, certainly on here anyway, that people require some sort of punishment to be handed out to players who will not be at the club next season. I was curious to know what the stance was on players that WE may not want for next season.
You are making the mistake of treating players leaving on a free and players we are trying to sell the same.
Pogba is leaving on a free and we have no benefit playing him to increase his re sale value. He's clearly checked out and his performances are mediocre at best. Given we have nothing to play for why not give his minutes to a younger player like Hannibal? This is not a punishment like you say but rather the club acting in their best interests as they should.

Reactions: Sultan

Mr PG

Pogba, DeGea, Ronaldo should all leave unless they take a salary cut

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he’s in harrord’s today, smiling and joking and not even wearing black in mourning for yesterday’s loss.

AngliaRed

I am neither praising or criticising him anymore. He’s a likeable guy and I wish it worked out for him. He’s going in the Summer and good luck to him.

That being said, why does he rarely shoot from distance anymore? He use to always work the keeper and take on the odd long ranger. Over coaching to keep recycling possession, who knows?

Litch

Like Pogs as a player but not in a Utd shirt. Honestly I’d have sooner he brought on Hannibal yesterday….

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You are making the mistake of treating players leaving on a free and players we are trying to sell the same.
Pogba is leaving on a free and we have no benefit playing him to increase his re sale value. He's clearly checked out and his performances are mediocre at best. Given we have nothing to play for why not give his minutes to a younger player like Hannibal? This is not a punishment like you say but rather the club acting in their best interests as they should.
So whose interests do you think the club/manager is acting in when picking Pogba? Do you think Rangnick has decided to place Pogba’s feelings above the club, or do you think Rangnick is simply playing the players he feels is best?

And you bottlers have been declaring we have ‘nothing to play for’ for weeks anyway, while it has just been simply untrue.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we hand him a new, improved contract then I believe we might have a glue sniffer as a board member. Hidden somewhere, making decisions.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If we hand him a new, improved contract then I believe we might have a glue sniffer as a board member. Hidden somewhere, making decisions.
Fentanyl man. Fecking Fentanyl the person that gives him a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.