Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

I've generally always given Pogba benefit of the doubt, but he really does need to be moved on in the Summer. It has ran it's course, and unfortunately it just hasn't worked out for us or him.

Marwood

A guy despised by fans, never cared for the club despite coming back from a World Cup to play the opening game of the season with a weeks pre season, Cavani take note. Helping new players fit in (Bruno etc) and giving more time for the academy and foundation than others.

He should absolutely leave in the summer. He’s 29 and injury prone with question marks about his stamina. Would make no sense to re sign him.

That doesn’t change the fact that injuries aside he’s been one of our best players every season he’s played. He’s constantly had his performances downtrodden and contributions dismissed. There is huge negative regard around him. Which to be fair at this point I get. He’s clearly leaving so why are we playing him? (because he will play. He’s always been willing to play, unlike some other much lauded players)

To question his injury? Well that’s just par for the course. It sums up the irrational hatred and why I say good luck to him leaving on a free. He deserves that.

Our fans have no credibility when it comes to accusing Pogba of faking injury. There’s massive form there already. The poor fecker had to video himself pre and post op to prove he was injured. He came back early twice and was accused of faking that. Our fans were categoric on it...faking it. No intention of ever playing for us again. Ole was lying to protect him. Yet drama queens aside, he came back from injury and played again. Played very well. Got injured again. Rinse and repeat.

He got played a hospital pass in the first Liverpool game by Bruno, a pathetically typical sloppy Bruno pass....put a tackle in on the Scousers. Hit one of them hard....heroes welcome for someone actually getting a foot in on them (like Gerrard on Herrera or Keane McT etc would’ve got or any other player?) No our fans conclude he deliberately got himself sent off :lol: . They are serious too. There’s loads of them honestly believe it.

There’s too many absolutely obsessed with Pogba. You see it every thread regardless of performance.

It’s a shame we are so poor and have so many injuries. At this point the relationship is just toxic. Nobody is gaining anything. Booing him when he plays is the most ridiculous support.

Be nice to move on. ETH will hopefully transform the team in a way sadly no player is capable of. 8-10 new players needed. Perhaps only the likes of Varane, Sancho and Degea will be around in a few years and we will be a great side again and everyone can realise....it wasn’t all the fault of one player.
Haven't you posted here more than anyone else?

Nothing wrong with that but to say others are obsessed is a bit rich.

Also this thing of him being one of the better players during his time here. I'm not sure that's true but even if it were it's borderline meaningless.

We've been terrible for years now. Not being quite as bad as some of the others means what exactly?

Because that is the maximum he's achieved. He hasn't been as bad as Sanchez, Dalot, Lukaku etc.

But who cares about that?

romufc

A free agent, no club has given him a contract. There is nothing in the media about him signing for a club, nothing, zilch.

That is the stock of Paul Pogba.

We should rip the 400k contract that is on the table and say, there is no longer a contract available to you.

Get out the club.

Deery

Dreary
So this is the injury he took off for six months for without the club’s consent to fix?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You start addressing the soft underbelly of the team by getting rid of show ponies like these. He is fine if he is playing alongside proven winners like he did at Juventus or France but he lacks the bottle to raise the level of a team himself.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This has nothing to do with Pogba in particular
No, Rangnick doesn't mention names because he's a professional - unlike Jose, who'd have no issue singling out certain players - but you only need to read between the lines to know who he's talking about, or failing that, watch some of our games recently.

Pogba doesn't give a shit about the club or its fortunes on the pitch. He isn't alone in this, but the fact that he has so much ability, capable of those sublime moments that are often the difference between winning and losing a game, makes it so much worse.

I don't know if he was legit injured last night or merely wanted out of the game, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. The fact that United fans are even questioning the injury speaks volumes to how we feel about him.

grahamo

He bottled it again last night. No stomach for a fight. These are the kind of games a supposedly world class Player would be chomping at the bit to get out there and take on. I feel in years to come he will regret his complete failure to stand up and be counted. Please Please Please DO NOT RENEW HIS CONTRACT!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No, Rangnick doesn't mention names because he's a professional - unlike Jose, who'd have no issue singling out certain players - but you only need to read between the lines to know who he's talking about, or failing that, watch some of our games recently.

Pogba doesn't give a shit about the club or its fortunes on the pitch. He isn't alone in this, but the fact that he has so much ability, capable of those sublime moments that are often the difference between winning and losing a game, makes it so much worse.

I don't know if he was legit injured last night or merely wanted out of the game, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. The fact that United fans are even questioning the injury speaks volumes to how we feel about him.
This post is more telling than Ralfs interviews. Pogba’s injuries have been questioned for years, to the extent he had to film himself pre and post op. Ralfs interview talked of the entire group and us needing ten players. If you want to twist it to being about one player yeah fine. It’s only the same shite people have been doing for years. Like twisting injuries or tackles or saying he doesn’t care or is toxic when the evidence suggests otherwise.

This whole group is done. At least for this season. But that interview wasn’t about Pogba specifically. Only in your head.

Kostov

I think you guys need to remind yourselves who was the manager when Pogba signed.
To this day, you and me have no clue who signs who at this horribly run football club. So it does not matter who was the manager after all, and even if he signed him, all managers have dud signings, and Mourinho had bigger flaws not just that, but was right about the attitude problems that we still have in the squad.

JB7

Coward. Should never be given the opportunity to wear the shirt again.

Marwood

To this day, you and me have no clue who signs who at this horribly run football club. So it does not matter who was the manager after all, and even if he signed him, all managers have dud signings, and Mourinho had bigger flaws not just that, but was right about the attitude problems that we still have in the squad.
I've never bought into absolving managers of the players signed while they're at the club.

L1nk

Apparently he's hurt by the boos so may not stay. Good, boo him more if it means it takes the decision out of this stupid clubs hands trying to hand him a ridiculous contract

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Why would he put up any fight when there is a big, fat contract probably on the table from PSG? I just blame us/Ralf for playing him.

You sit down Hannibal and tell him to calm a bit and just play him for the rest of the season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I expect Pogba to rule himself out of the season now after going off last night.

Time to integrate Hannibal.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This post is more telling than Ralfs interviews. Pogba’s injuries have been questioned for years, to the extent he had to film himself pre and post op. Ralfs interview talked of the entire group and us needing ten players. If you want to twist it to being about one player yeah fine. It’s only the same shite people have been doing for years. Like twisting injuries or tackles or saying he doesn’t care or is toxic when the evidence suggests otherwise.

This whole group is done. At least for this season. But that interview wasn’t about Pogba specifically. Only in your head.
I never said it was about Pogba specifically, merely that he is one of the players Rangnick was referring to. He's not the only player refusing to put the effort, anyone who watches our games can conclude that, but Pogba stands out because he can win games single-handedly through his undoubted ability, and that's the point.

You can sling mud at practically every member of our squad and be justified in doing so. Take your pick from Rashford, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Matic, Fred, Mctominay, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, AWB, Shaw, Telles and Henderson - and anyone else I may have missed. That's 16 players who are ultimately not good enough to play for the club. You could make a case that some of them are deserving of a squad place, but not one of them is good enough to be part of a first 11 with hopes of challenging for the PL title. Not one of them.

But see, you can forgive a player for not being good enough, but players who refuse to put the effort in are unforgivable. And that's the difference between the 16 names above and Paul Pogba. Pogba has all the ability in the world, but he decides when and where to produce it, and that's been true of the guy since he rejoined 6 years ago.

But the worst part of all this is his refusal to sign a new contract, preventing the club from recouping a large percentage of the £90 million we paid for him. That's why he is getting booed and jeered right now. He's only got himself to blame.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Form or lack of it aside, he’s 29 years old and we’ve already wasted years trying to find the best formations and roles to get the best out of him consistently

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I doubt he’ll be seen at Old Trafford again. Not in a red shirt anyway. It’s to be expected of the king of cowards.

Artimities

This team has been riddled with injuries all year. It is really sad to see how many of our players are hurt. Cavanni has just received the easiest years salary of all time.
Pogba leaving this team may just be the sauce they need to get back on track.

hobbers

Shows how fecking crucial the booing was then doesnt it.

“increasingly likely to leave” - it should have been absolutely certain long before the Norwich game.

We were (still might) be his fall back option if none of the CL worthy clubs wanted him - to at least milk us dry as the highest paid player in the Prem.

His position in the club had to be made untenable by any means.

Born2Lose

Won't believe it until I see him holding the shirt of some other bunch of mugs.

pascell

Apparently he's hurt by the boos so may not stay. Good, boo him more if it means it takes the decision out of this stupid clubs hands trying to hand him a ridiculous contract
Good, the other players ought to take notice that we won't accept these piss poor performances.

joedirt87

what an ending to his time here. after last night I'm perfectly fine if he doesn't even make the bench for the last 5 games. Good luck to him back in Italy or France. Hell maybe we will get lucky and he goes to Madrid and that causes a couple midfielders who might be interested in joining them have a change of heart.

Holocene

Somehow I don't think Pogba will base the decision of his future on boos.

Giggsy13

My dream - Pogba fecks off to PSG. In 3 years time we meet them again in the champions league with Hannibal starting for us and coming in with a crunching tackle on that prick followed by a huge roar from the Stretford end.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One problem I had with him was just not being really good in a single department.
We never could have built a side around him when he doesn't have that especially.
Good for international football for sure where you don't get that much time to set up your teams and all that but kinda meh for club football.
A jack of all trades, master of non.

Sylar

Didn't di Maria do the same, when he kinda just got 'an injury'
I seem to have this thought degea did the same too but ended up staying

crossy1686

career ending

I love how he waits until someone does something that upsets him then he says "I'm leaving because you did that". He's been leaving all season the gaslighting bell end

Bwuk

Don't care anymore. By time he's fit again our season will likely be over.

I've been one of his biggest fans but going off after 10 minutes against Liverpool sums up his career here so far.

Djemba-Djemba

The idea that before getting booed vs Norwich he was thinking of staying is laughable.

He's been trying to leave for fecking years and when it became clear nobody was willing to buy him he decided long ago he was running down his contract.

Cannot fecking wait until it's confirmed he's no longer our problem.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Almost if it's booing doing the better job than the useless board & Glazers. Amazing stuff.

Boo some more, seriously.

SungSam7

Surely the club parts ways here, lets be honest, hes not really helping us on the football side of things.
But is marketability cant get any lower, nobody realistically rates him that highly, pulled off some worldies at Juve, but since coming here, you could count about 10-20 games where you could argue that he was worth the embarrassments of paying so much.

Especially in the context of that we let him go for free and came back without tail between our legs. Absolutely shocking player with no ambition to be the best, just thinks showing up is enough to win games. Anything else is the teams fault.

GueRed

Mourinho was right about him four years ago.

But the fans and most importantly the board thought otherwise.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the first season. He has ended up one of the most disappointment signings in recent years.

Overall SIX YEARS of nothingness.

daveskimufc

It bugs me that (if true) we are waiting on his decision. Get him out. Imo we should take it off the table and just say goodbye You can absolutely see what he offers when he is playing really well and seeing a lot of the ball, but It hasn’t happened nearly enough over 5 years now. Get rid, save his wages for someone who wants to wear the shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.