Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Its funny he thinks that. In the last 2 seasons, he has come out and said he wants a new challenge, his agent says Paul is done at United before a crucial CL game, his brother talks crap on Instagram and Pogba himself gets "injured" 5 mins into a game.

I don't think i have seen much media pressure towards Pogba this season, almost every player has been blamed just as much.

Hughes35

If he went to City I'd fully expect him to be awesome and make us look even more stupid than we have been previously

Oranges038

If he went to City I'd fully expect him to be awesome and make us look even more stupid than we have been previously
Yeah. We'll just hear even more excuses about how it's all Utd's fault for never having the setup to get the best out of him and all that shite.

Hughes35

Yeah. We'll just hear even more excuses about how it's all Utd's fault for never having the setup to get the best out of him and all that shite.
And to be fair, all that would be true if he were to go to City and look like a different player.

mu4c_20le

But France and Juve have got the best out of him. Maybe he could have worked harder here, but I feel that in order for him to succeed at this environment, he would have had to reinvent himself as this hard running tough tackling no nonsense midfielder in the mould of Bryan Robson.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But France and Juve have got the best out of him. Maybe he could have worked harder here, but I feel that in order for him to succeed at this environment, he would have had to reinvent himself as this hard running tough tackling no nonsense midfielder in the mould of Bryan Robson.
Neither France or Juve got something different from him.

haru krentz

quite telling that his dream club Real Madrid didnt even bother with him even when he's free and they need to replace Modric and Kroos. Makes you kinda grateful that Woodward has left our club because i can see him giving Pogba extension worth 500k per week simply because he looks attractive to the sponsors.

Last edited:

Oranges038

And to be fair, all that would be true if he were to go to City and look like a different player.
In all seriousness given his injury record.
There's very little chance of him being a roaring succcess in a City team that plays much faster than we've ever seen Pogba play. He just wouldn't be able to cope with the physical demands Pep puts on his players. In his 5 years at Utd he's been out for about 2 of them injured and missed almost 100 games.

City already have to think about looking for replacements for Fernandinho who is leaving, Gundogan, KDB and Mahrez who are over 30 now. Giving an injury prone 29 year old player a big contract hardly makes much sense for them. When that money would be better off invested elsewhere.

It is questionable whether they have or not.

I don't think many expected that from him, did they?

I think, most people would have settled for a player as talented as him to show his class but also to work hard. Which he just seemed either not arsed about or just incapable of.

hmchan

Seems to me fans always care about what Pogba and his agent say more than his performance on the pitch.

Ranchero

If ever there was a thread that deserves to be deleted it is this one about this poisonous traitor. He can eff off and so can all reference to this overpaid prima donna. Quite how City could possibly be interested in this imposter is beyond me.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Latest brief is that he's not joining City. It's between Juventus, PSG, and Real Madrid. Are we supposed to be thankful he has rejected our neighbours? :rolleyes:
Doesn't have the balls to prove himself in the league, that's what it is. Pep might bench him also for the entire season.

So he's taking the easier option, I bet its either france or italy. He'll be fecked of madrid aswell with his attitude.

hmchan

He joins City, fans call him traitor.
He rejects City, fans say he's taking an easier option.
Either way, fans (or the media) win.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You got any side by sides cup final weeks? Pogba probably staying at home sober dancing....Roy Keane pissed punching women and getting arrested?
Cry more. Pogba is leaving and it’s hurt you real bad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They're welcome to him.

They'd be mental to sign him.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a last ditch attempt to try and get Utd to offer him a megabucks contract.

Given his performance and injuries over the last 2 years, I'd be shocked if anyone is offering what he's looking for.
You read my mind. I pray that's not the case.

I think it would be a huge step back for the club to renew Pogba's contract.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The only comparison that needs to be made between Keane and Pogba is one is a United legend and the other is a big waster.
On the pitch there’s no comparison, all our players currently are massive wasters (Dave and Ronaldo aside) but I’d be interested to see how people would react if Pogba acted in such a way in the build up to a cup final. Causing SAF distraction as well as the rest of the club.

Frank Grimes

On the pitch there’s no comparison, all our players currently are massive wasters (Dave and Ronaldo aside) but I’d be interested to see how people would react if Pogba acted in such a way in the build up to a cup final. Causing SAF distraction as well as the rest of the club.
If he just captained us back to league glory (his 4th) after returning from a career threatening injury I'm sure he'd be forgiven. Pogba failed, Keane won. Winners get forgiven a lot more than wasters.

Djemba-Djemba

He'd be awesome for about a month because he'd be working hard and listening to Guardiola for a month. A honeymoon period.

Then bit by bit he'd get lazy and stop following instructions, stop working hard, pick up an injury that rules him out for 3 months and then when he didn't immediately get his place back in the first team he'd start to leak stories of how unhappy he is.

It would never work.

Hughes35

He'd be awesome for about a month because he'd be working hard and listening to Guardiola for a month. A honeymoon period.

Then bit by bit he'd get lazy and stop following instructions, stop working hard, pick up an injury that rules him out for 3 months and then when he didn't immediately get his place back in the first team he'd start to leak stories of how unhappy he is.

It would never work.
Possibly. My worry is that he'd work hard, be awesome and then because he wins everything he'd stay motivated.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We don’t need to imagine it. Pogba and his agent came out with utter shite last year ahead of a crunch tie in the CL vs RB Leipzig.

crossy1686

career ending
PSG is always the likeliest destination for him. He want's to continue to do whatever he pleases while getting paid money he doesn't deserve. The thought of spending as much time as he wants in Dubai will be too hard to turn down.

Red For Ever

If ever there was a thread that deserves to be deleted it is this one about this poisonous traitor. He can eff off and so can all reference to this overpaid prima donna. Quite how City could possibly be interested in this imposter is beyond me.

Way too subtle, not sure if you want him to stay or go :D

I hope I don't see him in a United shirt ever again

Vaibhav Raj

Was just watching a video compilation of Pogba at Juventus. It is evidently clear that the level of application he showing in those clips, the determination to keep the ball even in tight spaces using those skills of his, the usage of his physicality, it's nowhere near what he showed here after few months of his arrival til his last game.

Something happened to the Juve Paul Pogba upon his arrival here. He became more languid gradually. His execution of those skills in tight spaces became half hearted. His overall gameplay gradually started to look at someone holding himself back from really making an effort for the team while showing glimpses of a world class player when he could be bothered. Maybe he had quickly realized that the standards at the club in terms of recruitment and personnel was at not up to the mark, that players around him were not of the top-top quality. Or maybe it was just that he got a bumper contract and it impact his hunger to win games with Manchester United. No one will ever know probably. But whatever happened, Paul Pogba somewhat downed tools during his time here.

It probably helps United massively if he indeed moves on. A player who doesn't want to apply himself for a team is far worse than a player who doesn't have the skill set but wants to play for the club and is driven to win games. In post Ferguson era, Paul Pogba was and so far has been our one true world class signing at the peak of his powers. Sad that it ends this way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.