Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not sure it was shown on TV but there was a moment in the first half where he made a cracking spin around the defender for a run and Maguire didn’t play him in, was such a shame as he had so much grass to run into.
Yeah I saw that. Maguire was so hesitant today.

Stacks

Give him space and time and he can tear you apart with his passing. Press him and he will overcomplicate things and pick the wrong option 9/10 times.

This is Pogba.
agreed. I think maybe the premier league is not ideal for him to show his talents consistently because the pace and desire for teams to press him. I feel if a team man marks him he is done.
This is the problem with him. Consistency. Plays well two games then disappears for another two. We just cannot rely on him, although he should have started in MF. What on earths £uck is ole doing playing him on the LW i dont know. Sancho should have started on the LW and Pogba in MF.

Anyhow i think we should just let him go. Ole really should have sold him when he first arrived, when he cleared out Sanchez and Fellaini and others.

I recall a poster saying either Ole gets rid of Pogba or Pogba will get rid of Ole, which is looking like the case.
I came to accept this a long time ago so I don't even criticise him anymore. I more hope for the best and look for other players to step up more in his absence.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Where should really play? Ole is putting his name for the sake of having his best players. Pogba isn't a winger or a left midfield. He is a central midfielder who can only excel in the Spanish or French league. Pogba will run down his contract and leave for Real or PSG. There really isn't any point to playing him. He should be sitting on the bench and come in the opposing team is tired. This proof how bad Ole is as a coach trying fit him in.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another way or looking at that is he only shines in gamea when we’re coasting against poor opposition. If the going gets tough he’s more of a liability than an asset.
Sometimes, although he saved us a fair few times last season when we were playing ass (Milan, West Ham, Fulham etc)

I think he’s definitely a “good vibes” type player though, yes. Not one to get in the trenches & battle.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Another way or looking at that is he only shines in gamea when we’re coasting against poor opposition. If the going gets tough he’s more of a liability than an asset.
It’s this absolute bollocks again.

We were coasting against Leeds before Pogba set four goals up. We were coasting against Southampton? We were coasting against Newcastle….I must’ve been at a different game.

We were coasting to defeat against Red Bull last season when he almost got us through? Against Milan when he did get us through? West Ham away last year? Villa at home last year ? Fulham? Burnley? Sheff Utd away? Everton at home we were coasting until he came off. Spurs away? This is just from this year. What drivel.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not a LW for a start. Ole should have played him in MF and Sancho on the LW. Poor by Ole.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He plays well when he's given time and space, get in his face and more often than not he's poor.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Can Ole stop with this footballing fetish of playing him on the LW. Jesus christ it does not work. Play him in MF.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sometimes Paul, you don't actually have to hang onto the ball for so long that 3 players can crowd around you... Just a tip

Eddy_JukeZ

We need him back in midfield.

Even though he drifts in midfield from the left either way, I'd rather get an actual direct threat out there. Rashford has been a huge miss.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Just accept his limitations and use him as an impact player from the bench, midfield or LW depending on the needs.
He won't be here next season, no point in forcing him into the team. And definitely not worth building the team around him.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Was one of the better players and alongside Greenwood was the one who looked like making something happen. Still only a 6/10 performance so being one of the better players doesn't say much

Mingus

Just accept his limitations and use him as an impact player from the bench, midfield or LW depending on the needs.
He won't be here next season, no point in forcing him into the team. And definitely not worth building the team around him.
Absolutely this.
Wherever you play him, there's a massive downside. On the left we saw Shaw overrun yesterday. When we played Liverpool last season, TAA exposed him. We can't press effectively with him in Rashford's position. Defenders can play a higher line with him further forward.
Through the middle, he doesn't track opponents and loses the ball often, while slowing down transitions on a lot of occasions. He is a liability in his own box.

That's not to say that he isn't capable of producing a match winning contribution, but a team is only as strong defensively, as its weakest point, and he is it in most games.

Let's concentrate on the future, as it's apparent that he won't (and shouldn't) be a part of it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Takes too much time on the ball, too soft when being defended and seemingly always fouls people whenever he's beaten.

Can't wait for Rashford to be back and displace him on the left.

Longshanks

The enigma that is Paul pogba.

I don't know why people are surprised at his inconsistency, how long has he been here now? He's not good enough mentally. Its as simple as that.

He technical ability is outstanding, but his mental ability very poor.

He is capable of outstanding moments of individual brilliance, but I don't think he is capable of being part of an outstanding team consistenly producing good performances week in week out. I think he is a problem. I think he might need dropping And be used as an impact sub.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I’ll use my eyes to watch games, I don’t buy a season ticket to judge on statistics.
If Pogba pegged his washing out on pitch and did nothing else you'd give him a 7 out of 10. You're the ultimate Pogba fanboy.

He started the season in fine form but over last 3 games he's slipped back to the Pogba we all know. The guy hasn't got consistent football in him. He's just way too erratic. Getting caught on the ball all the time is a serious sign he's not a world class footballer.

Marwood

The enigma that is Paul pogba.

I don't know why people are surprised at his inconsistency, how long has he been here now? He's not good enough mentally. Its as simple as that.

He technical ability is outstanding, but his mental ability very poor.

He is capable of outstanding moments of individual brilliance, but I don't think he is capable of being part of an outstanding team consistenly producing good performances week in week out. I think he is a problem. I think he might need dropping And be used as an impact sub.
Is it though? Or is it one or two things he's outstanding at?

Those passes in behind a backline. Especially when given time. Yeah I'd say that's a world class attribute.

Outside of that what else is outstanding?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we have to cut our losses. He has a brilliant pass in his locker, but he is too inconsistent. Terrible when pressed as well.

He has a pass in him. But cannot retain the ball under pressure. Cannot dictate the tempo from MF. Doesnt work hard enough.

Then his agent and brother are treating the club like it is a joke. Pep would just not put up with it and you dont see any of the City players behaving the same way, even though some of them may want to leave. Pep has his players on a short leash.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If Pogba pegged his washing out on pitch and did nothing else you'd give him a 7 out of 10. You're the ultimate Pogba fanboy.

He started the season in fine form but over last 3 games he's slipped back to the Pogba we all know. The guy hasn't got consistent football in him. He's just way too erratic. Getting caught on the ball all the time is a serious sign he's not a world class footballer.
:lol::lol: Jesus…where to start. You’re back to looking at results and blaming Pogba. For sure he’s had better games but he’s more consistent than someone like Bruno for example and he’s considered our saviour. There were some awful performances yesterday, perhaps only Varane was good. Some poor and some that were poor, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood who still tried to drive us forwards. But yeah you go blame it on Pogba…you couldn’t wait if you’re honest :lol: :lol:

redmanx

I agree, in our first two PL games Pogba was very good, brilliant at times, but hes reverted to form and when things are tough he disappears.

RooneyLegend

So many people are reaching in here, he was far from poor and gave a lot of effort. Things just didn't come off. Guys, if a player is on the touch line surrounded by 3 players he's more likely going to lose the ball than not, why is that supposed to change with him? I'm concerned by his shooting/finishing though.

Marwood

:lol::lol: Jesus…where to start. You’re back to looking at results and blaming Pogba. For sure he’s had better games but he’s more consistent than someone like Bruno for example and he’s considered our saviour. There were some awful performances yesterday, perhaps only Varane was good. Some poor and some that were poor, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood who still tried to drive us forwards. But yeah you go blame it on Pogba…you couldn’t wait if you’re honest :lol: :lol:
What did he blame on Pogba in that post?

Can you quote @Nou_Camp99 texts for us that blames just Pogba for yesterday?

steffyr2

I think we have to cut our losses. He has a brilliant pass in his locker, but he is too inconsistent. Terrible when pressed as well.

He has a pass in him. But cannot retain the ball under pressure. Cannot dictate the tempo from MF. Doesnt work hard enough.

Then his agent and brother are treating the club like it is a joke. Pep would just not put up with it and you dont see any of the City players behaving the same way, even though some of them may want to leave. Pep has his players on a short leash.
I watched Liverpool v Brentford yesterday. Both teams moved the ball easily up the field. If a defender approached there was a teammate square to use as an outlet. It seemed like the player didn't even look, he just passed because he knew the teammate would be there.

Why don't we have that? Why isn't there an outlet if 3 guys converge on Pogba? (or Greenwood, or Ronaldo, etc etc)

redmanx

The longer the Pogba saga goes on the more obvious it is why SAF got shot of him.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
should never play LW again, unless it’s in a tight game and we’re away to City to or something.

Pogba vacates the left and Greenwood kept cutting in from the right, so we had no penetration down the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.