Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

I love Paul, but we need to stop shoehorning him into the team. He can’t play in a midfield two with any of our current midfielders, he isn’t a left winger and he can’t play Bruno’s role.

He is trying to be a player that we don’t need and we saw that when Matic came on. He kept it simple, like breaking passes, press resistant and broke up play quite well.

If Pogba could just learn to keep things just a little simpler and be that deep lying playmaker that we need we’d be laughing.. but he just isn’t that player.

Ole90+3

Didn’t he single handedly win us many games over the last 12 months. Up til a month ago he was our most consistent player.

Granted, his bad games are really bad, but people are going overboard here as usual.

redshaw

I think it was Dante who posted the stats overall we have more points and goals without him.

Real Name

Didn’t he single handedly win us many games over the last 12 months. Up til a month ago he was our most consistent player.

Granted, his bad games are really bad, but people are going overboard here as usual.
Not that many. Overboard? If he has a bad game people should mention it?

Real Name

Much more than any other player. That’s for certain.
“It's all "look at me" shop window stuff. He's off in the summer and we won't be any worse without him.”

That’s overboard
First one is overboard, second not.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Season just started and he stacked on assists. He's definitely capable of superb performances and sometimes looks more aware than Fernandes who's more and more frustrated & nervous.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Him being our front man in a press on few occasions was both funny and disturbing at the same time. I mean, it had to be an instruction. If it wasn't an instruction, our shape at times moved so much that he end up being the furthest. Not sure what's worse.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Him being our front man in a press on few occasions was both funny and disturbing at the same time. I mean, it had to be an instruction. If it wasn't an instruction, our shape at times moved so much that he end up being the furthest. Not sure what's worse.
100% instruction. Either that or Ole is powerless and the players do what they want

LJJT

He was shocking. He can’t seem to play consistently in midfield and is robbed of the ball or second to it far to often. He’s ok out wide on the left in certain games but won’t be when rashford Is back. I wouldn’t be pushing the boat out to sign him on again to be honest I’d prefer he stays as he has his certain games he is good in but he’s far from special

Marwood

yes. Its a game of big egos
I'd prefer a United player to not be sulking when we've just scored a crucial last min winner. Put that ego aside for the moment. Especially when there was every reason for him to be subbed off.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played really well tonight. Don't understand the complaints.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he was asked to play higher up, which of course turned out to be a wrong decision because we gave them way too much space in midfield and his attacking game was off today. He picked some good passes, but overcomplicated a lot of things as usual.

It's either him or Bruno in attacking position with two players supporting, never both of them at the same time. I think it's time for Ole to stop forcing both of them into the team.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I’m gonna say it, his 1 in every 10 game world class performances aren’t worth it.

He wasn’t even terrible tonight, but he just provides a huge problem in terms of the balance of the team (which we don’t really have without him either tbh).

Ronaldoooooooooooooo
Yep. When the hell are we going to learn not to eat the cheese. This is who he is, it's never going to change. In spite of the occasional individual brilliance, he's simply too damn hard to fit into a balanced side.

CloneMC16

Pogba's positioning today was strange. He played much further forward than he usually does. He must have been instructed to do this. Doing that gave them way too much space on the counter. I find it hard to blame him for that. Still, we looked better when he went off. We had an actual midfield with Matic on the field.

The United

100% instruction. Either that or Ole is powerless and the players do what they want
Why would Ole instruct him to stay up while trying to play 4 - 3 - 3 with an actually winger ahead of him? And, Bruno from the other side had to go deep to cover the whole pitch. Made no sense at all.

He was just being in one of his moods.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He'd be twice the player if he could learn to be half the player.
This excellent, and very true.

One of the (many) times he came back from injury, he slotted into the midfield pivot, and kept things extraordinarily simple. Think it was in Ole's first full season. He'd receive the ball, use his first touch to create a bit of space and then move it on. Didn't try to hold it, didn't try to box out and didn't try to run far with it. And he looked bloody brilliant.

Tonight was a horror show. If he was told to play left supporting striker at the same time Bruno was playing there, he should have the damn awareness to say screw it that Ole guy is clueless, I'm going to move back into midfield myself. He was our furthest man forward numerous times, leaving poor McT with wave after wave of attacks. And he didn't change a damn thing. He's an incredibly experienced pro, he shouldn't need coaching to see what is happening when it's that obvious.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why would Ole instruct him to stay up while trying to play 4 - 3 - 3 with an actually winger ahead of him? And, Bruno from the other side had to go deep to cover the whole pitch. Made no sense at all.

He was just being in one of his moods.
I have no idea man. It happened several times during the game and Ole was absolutely fine with it as he didn't attempt to correct it once.

The United

I have no idea man. It happened several times during the game and Ole was absolutely fine with it as he didn't attempt to correct it once.
He was subbed. Probably that's how he fixed it when he knew he had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.