Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Kind of a standard Pogba performance, moments of great ability and skill followed by overdoing, giving the ball away and then not being able to find a pass to save your life. If he’s going to go in the summer just end it now and park his ass on the bench and let’s give Donny or someone else the minutes

MiracleInMadrid

It's as if he can't motivate himself. He turns up in a well-drilled France team, and occasionally for us in either big matches or when we play teams that allow him the time on the ball to do his thing. But over a season he far too often just puts in below average performances, without looking the least concerned over how his playstyle time and time again puts his teammates under pressure.

The midfield general

We have been debating pogba for years now, has he ever really turned it on for us,yes once or twice,does he have consistency no, Is he a liability when playing all his fancy moves in a deep midfield roll, feck me yes he is.I hate to say it and use the words but Jose had the measure of him.Every word he spoke about him was true.He is just an average footballer who thinks he is world class.He could not lace the likes of Cavani / Ronaldo”s boots.The sooner he is gone the better team will be.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People overrate his Juventus years. I never was convinced when I saw him play for them.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
People overrate his Juventus years. I never was convinced when I saw him play for them.
Indeed. I remember a couple of Juve fans who wandered here for a while who said that in some games he will look like a GOAT, other games he will be frustrating to watch, but most of the games he will just be a reliable midfielder. I think they got it right, by the look of how Pogba played all these seasons.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Indeed. I remember a couple of Juve fans who wandered here for a while who said that in some games he will look like a GOAT, other games he will be frustrating to watch, but most of the games he will just be a reliable midfielder. I think they got it right, by the look of how Pogba played all these seasons.
All we need from him a consistent but hard working 6/7 out of ten and the odd worldie where he wins us the game. Cut out the lazy act. Stop trying things that put his team in trouble. The problem is he’s regularly 5/10 and below. I’d rather a Henderson for this team. Much more useful with the firepower we posses. They need to be able to attack knowing we aren’t going to concede. Pressing players are much more useful in general these days too.

Dante

Average bang
Exactly.

5 years of Pogba in a first tier league is more representative than 4 years of Pogba in a second tier league. And both stints are miles more representative than anything that happens at international level.

SonyaCross493

Pogba in the mud. A disgrace to the club.

his performance was so half-hearted, he was so sloppy and seemed away with the fairies like Scholes said. It gave Atalanta encouragement with his sloppiness.

Souness would've gone in two-footed on him last night and rightly so

Pogba has all the talent in the World yet he's the most frustrating United player in my lifetime even more then Nani. It's not Ole as he's performed like this under other managers. The blame lies with Pogba to own his own shite and take responsibility. You can't trust him as a manager I'd rather play less talented players like Lingard as they are more honest and trustworthy not to do something stupid or rash to let the team down

It'll be better for everyone when Pogba leaves. I just wish we get confirmation soon that Pogba is definitely leaving the club. I don't want him here anymore. Donny showed more in 5 minutes than Pogba did in the whole game. That's heart and desire.

TsuWave

like I was saying Pogba isn’t the answer.
what’s the point you think you’re making? the performance yesterday was par the course and no different than when we have Mcfred. As previously stated, with Pogba, I at least can think, something might happen.

SonyaCross493

Paul Scholes was suggesting players and coaches need to be Pogba's babysitter to constantly motivate him everyday and throughout games

sorry but if you can't motivate yourself for every-game playing for Manchester United earning 100s of thousand of £ a week you shouldn't be at a top top club. Why should Ronaldo or Maguire have to babysit an almost 29 year-old World Cup winner that should come from within with the player having some pride. Simple as that. If not bye and good riddance. Manchester United is not a charity.

never mind Paul Schole I'd rather have Paul Ince than Paul Pogba.. such a lazy sack of shite who thought he could take liberties against Atalanta like Rio said it's about attitude and Pogba's stinks. It's so frustrating as he has all the talent to be a potential Ballon dor winner. But he's not 21 years old he's 29 in March it's now or never.

“When you look at Pogba, yes, he may be a talented boy, but does he have the same mentality?

“Does he really dig deep and get Manchester United out of the mire when the going gets tough? For me the answer is no.

“He gives off the wrong vibe as a Manchester United player.

“Yes, it’s good to be cocky and arrogant at the right times, Dwight Yorke had that as well, a big smile on his face when he played.
“But Yorke had a desire to do the right things at the right times. You’ve got to have that, and I don’t think Paul Pogba gives you that.
“He would be one that would need to go so that you can get someone else in with the right mentality and desire to drive Manchester United out of the position they are in and move the club forward.”

-Teddy Sheringham on Paul Pogba May 27th 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...d/news-story/94e73b40bc9c498d64e84bf179d2de29

Teddy is right. Time to move on from Pogba.

Last edited:

afatzp

Part of Pogba's underperformance is due to coaching : when he looked up, he barely sees any options to pass.

But the disturbing trend I see from Pogba is that his athletics is declining , no longer able to steadily shield the ball with his strength, lose his rapid legs, stamina and pace. He still got the technique in him, but his body just could not perform at the elite level.

Could it be a permanent decline although he is just 28/29 ? Some players did suffer permanent decline after COVID-19 like Doherty from Spur . If that's the case, extending Pogba with 400K / week would be just similar to the nightmare we had with Sanchez .

izec

Some of his standard passing is so atrocious, you would think a talented player like him could do the simple stuff all day long. I almost think he does it on purpose. Towards the end of Jose‘s reign, he was like this as well. If he can't be bothered, he is a joke. But Ole needs him to save his job.

Connoisseur

Supports
Juventus
He was great for us and was an important part of one of our greatest ever midfields. Playing with the likes of Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio allowed him the freedom to express himself. We didn't need him to control the game or to be a defensive destroyer, we needed him to have his moments of magic and he often did.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
All we need from him a consistent but hard working 6/7 out of ten and the odd worldie where he wins us the game. Cut out the lazy act. Stop trying things that put his team in trouble. The problem is he’s regularly 5/10 and below. I’d rather a Henderson for this team. Much more useful with the firepower we posses. They need to be able to attack knowing we aren’t going to concede. Pressing players are much more useful in general these days too.
He wasnt the hardworking midfielder before and he's not becoming one anytime. He is a center midfielder that offers more with ball than without it.
He played in a midfield composed by hum, Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal on a 4x1x3x2 system.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
I watched the Atalanta game in full and was shocked how isolated Pogba was. There was literally 4 Atalanta players surrounding him at times.

When Fernandes is charging up the pitch like a headless chicken, literally standing next to Ronaldo up front, then I'm afraid Pogba hasn't got a prayer no matter what the Caf seems to think.

Same thing happened with Arsenal against Villarreal last year where people slammed Partey's performance but luckily not all the pundits were dense.

Some of them could actually see that he was an island in the middle of the pitch, he had no chance against 3 or 4 Villarreal players in a tight midfield. Arteta's clueless tactics meant he was consistently overran.

People can blame Pogba all they want, but Fernandes needs to be forced to drop deeper and have situational awareness and be available for passes otherwise these midfield problems will never never be fixed, Pogba or no Pogba.

The United

I watched the Atalanta game in full and was shocked how isolated Pogba was. There was literally 4 Atalanta players surrounding him at times.

When Fernandes is charging up the pitch like a headless chicken, literally standing next to Ronaldo up front, then I'm afraid Pogba hasn't got a prayer no matter what the Caf seems to think.

Same thing happened with Arsenal against Villarreal last year where people slammed Partey's performance but luckily not all the pundits were dense.

Some of them could actually see that he was an island in the middle of the pitch, he had no chance against 3 or 4 Villarreal players in a tight midfield. Arteta's clueless tactics meant he was consistently overran.

People can blame Pogba all they want, but Fernandes needs to be forced to drop deeper and have situational awareness and be available for passes otherwise these midfield problems will never never be fixed, Pogba or no Pogba.
They do that because they knew Pogba would hog the ball in dangerous area. Every team targets him like that.

Pogba hogged the ball and got in trouble often that way before Bruno moved here with other midfielders as well. It is time people accept that Pogba can't do it here anymore for whatever reasons and it has been like that for years.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They do that because they knew Pogba would hog the ball in dangerous area. Every team targets him like that.

Pogba hogged the ball and got in trouble often that way before Bruno moved here with other midfielders as well. It is time people accept that Pogba can't do it here anymore for whatever reasons and it has been like that for years.
Or they know his midfield partner are dumb enough to not take position to give him a way out.

spiriticon

That's an opponent tactic. It's not isolation. If you gang up on Pogba you're 99% certain to win the ball back because he doesn't release until the last possible moment.

The United

Or they know his midfield partner are dumb enough to not take position to give him a way out.
Or he is dumb enough to get into that himself.

No other midfielders who are half as talent as him got in that kind of trouble regularly.

Last edited:

sp_107

And tat was when he had players like Vidal /Machisio / Pirlo in the midfield with him..To be honest he made lot of money here by just keeping fans waiting for him to deliver something which never happened

He needs good players to control the game because he looks like a luxary player for me.....He might have a good carrer at Real because they got Casmero and Kroos who are good at keeping the ball

SonyaCross493

Pogba reminds me so much of Juan Sebastian Veron

great playing in midfield in other leagues where he gets time on the ball playing the game at a much slower pace (Italy) but couldn't hack it in the Premier League where players are snapping at his heels constantly. Doesn't make Pogba a bad player just not suited to this league. Other teams know Pogba and his weaknesses (he dwells on the ball too long etc) and target him.

though to be fair to Veron he was fantastic in Europe for us. Which is why I expected Pogba to have a better game.

Veron was labelled a flop for United and so will Pogba sadly.

Kleberson was another World Cup winning midfielder everyone thought was going to be great for United coming in with a big reputation. He couldn't hack it in the Premier League either.

Sir Alex Ferguson didn't make many mistakes (apart from the players above that I think he learned his mistakes from) and in the end he will be right about Pogba not making it at United. Pogba probably still plays the same way he did for the Manchester United youth teams.. but now he's a World Cup winner with a massive ego and one of the big dogs in the Manchester United dressing room. So he's more difficult to manage. As a manager you don't want an unhappy bad apple not playing who is bringing down the dressing room especially one of the dressing room big dogs as Pogba apparently is.

Last edited:

lex talionis

How many runs of five straight outstanding performances have we seen from Pogba over the last six seasons? 1, maybe we . How many outstanding performances in total? Is it even 15?

We need to let him go so we can move forward as a club.

SonyaCross493

How many runs of five straight outstanding performances have we seen from Pogba over the last six seasons? 1, maybe we . How many outstanding performances in total? Is it even 15?

We need to let him go so we can move forward as a club.
at this point I'd rather just drop Pogba completely from the squad let him leave and give Donny his minutes who I think would give us more as a team. We shouldn't be playing Pogba when he seems to have already decided he's leaving the club on a free transfer AGAIN at the end of the season.. why let him play selfishly to put himself in the shop window?

We have to think of the future. And the future is Donny because if we don't start giving Donny chances he will leave at the end of the season too. And that would be a travesty when we haven't gave the lad the same chances Pogba has been given.. Atleast play Donny and see if we are a better team with him playing instead of Pogba.

Kessie is a free agent in the summer too on a fraction of Pogba's astronomical wage demands he is nowhere near worth based on the last 6 years (he isn't even worth what we are allegedly paying him now). Let some other mugs pay it.

time to move on and put the Pogba chapter behind us. 6 years with different managers/coaches and no improvement suggests it won't magically change. Like Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. We've seen enough of Pogba and we don't need to see anymore.

also I will be glad to not have to hear Riola after every bad result threatening the club that Pogba will leave when Pogba is meant to be part of it. Good riddance.

I'm sure Pogba will go to a Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG and look the dogs bollocks playing in a league where he gets plenty of time and space on the ball.. but that won't impress me as that doesn't mean he was the right fit for United and could do it in the Premier League week-in and week-out as he already proven he can't.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Or he is dumb enough to get into that himself.

No other midfielders who are half as talent as him got in that kind of trouble regularly.
That is definitely true. But our movement is mediocre and this problem of not helping out player in possession is not limited to Pogba.

sugar_kane

Ehhh.... I agree on the fluctuating between world class and horror show, but not sure I would call the in between times reliable - perhaps invisible is a better word. He rarely turns up with a solid performance that keeps the team ticking over because that isn't his style, he's a pure flair player so he only seems to do fantastic or terrible.

Part of Pogba's underperformance is due to coaching : when he looked up, he barely sees any options to pass.

But the disturbing trend I see from Pogba is that his athletics is declining , no longer able to steadily shield the ball with his strength, lose his rapid legs, stamina and pace. He still got the technique in him, but his body just could not perform at the elite level.

Could it be a permanent decline although he is just 28/29 ? Some players did suffer permanent decline after COVID-19 like Doherty from Spur . If that's the case, extending Pogba with 400K / week would be just similar to the nightmare we had with Sanchez .

Excuses, excuses. Why did Fred and McTominay (two far less talented players) manage to play well with Bruno against Spurs? This isn't an endorsement of our coaching, but I'm sick of hearing excuses for Pogba.

If it's not the players around him's fault, it's the coach's fault - whether that's Jose or Ole. Is it ever HIS fault? He's nearly 29 ffs, he's not a kid anymore and should be one of our leaders on the pitch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

If Partey or Pogba had a brain between them they’d release the ball immediately. First time pass back where it came from. If the opposition constantly swarm one player that unbalances the team and creates loads of space for others to exploit. It’s a tactic that only works if the player being swarmed is an arrogant fool who thinks he can beat those 3 or 4 players before releasing the ball.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
And tat was when he had players like Vidal /Machisio / Pirlo in the midfield with him..To be honest he made lot of money here by just keeping fans waiting for him to deliver something which never happened

He needs good players to control the game because he looks like a luxary player for me.....He might have a good carrer at Real because they got Casmero and Kroos who are good at keeping the ball
With that midfield that mixes energy and tactical awareness, and a front of two very versatile forwards (even though Morata composure is low), there was space for Pogba to floursih: less responsabilities without the ball and more space to carry the ball forward simply because the guys upfront were always on the move.

People tend to think he is an aggressive player, but he isn't. Well, he is aggressive when having the ball: always on the move and looking for through passing options or a possible shot.
Without the ball he is not so aggressive, and as we use both him and Fernandes in a lot of games this leave us with just one "aggressive" midfielder".
Things are good when we have the ball, but it can turn into a nightmare without it.

lex talionis

How many such runs have we seen from our other players over the last years?
Off the top of my head Bruno, Shaw, De Gea, even Bailly actually (but that was a long time ago), Rashford, and I’d say Herrera too. Ronaldo is on a great run now, but he was held scoreless against Liverpool (though the brilliant goal was wrongly disallowed).

But if your point is that beyond Pogba our players have generally put in poor individual performances over the last eight seasons I would not disagree. But Pogba is a WC winner, a genuine world class talent. A bit different than someone like Fred being serially woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.