Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

at this point I'd rather just drop Pogba completely from the squad let him leave and give Donny his minutes who I think would give us more as a team. We shouldn't be playing Pogba when he seems to have already decided he's leaving the club on a free transfer AGAIN at the end of the season.. why let him play selfishly to put himself in the shop window?

We have to think of the future. And the future is Donny because if we don't start giving Donny chances he will leave at the end of the season too. And that would be a travesty when we haven't gave the lad the same chances Pogba has been given.. Atleast play Donny and see if we are a better team with him playing instead of Pogba.

Kessie is a free agent in the summer too on a fraction of Pogba's astronomical wage demands he is nowhere near worth based on the last 6 years (he isn't even worth what we are allegedly paying him now). Let some other mugs pay it.

time to move on and put the Pogba chapter behind us. 6 years with different managers/coaches and no improvement suggests it won't magically change. Like Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. We've seen enough of Pogba and we don't need to see anymore.

also I will be glad to not have to hear Riola after every bad result threatening the club that Pogba will leave when Pogba is meant to be part of it. Good riddance.

I'm sure Pogba will go to a Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG and look the dogs bollocks playing in a league where he gets plenty of time and space on the ball.. but that won't impress me as that doesn't mean he was the right fit for United and could do it in the Premier League week-in and week-out as he already proven he can't.
Much to reply to but I’ll try to make it brief. United need to acknowledge we’re not getting a transfer fee so let’s let him go in January to whoever wants to pay him. Go with Donny to salvage a season that’s now in the shitter but fourth place is still salvageable. Then, if they actually give a shit, sack Ole, bring in Ten Hag and let him have at it. This dude is a serious coach who’s not having the antics of Paul Pogba.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He wouldn't have made any difference to the result and performance had he done.
That's a bit strange since you would have been the first to blame him for the result and performance.

Red Star One

That's a bit strange since you would have been the first to blame him for the result and performance.
I mean it’s obviously Pogba’s fault that he didn’t adapt to Oleball seamlessly, think we can still consider him the main reason we lost yesterday.

Marwood

Nobody blames just Pogba for any result. It's a strawman that's been built by a few in here.

If you can find posts that exclusively blame Pogba for any loss please share.

R'hllor

Pogba aint perfect but must be tough not being able to drop blame on him for yesterday. Against Atalanta he was killed for losing ball under pressure, yesterday our other midfield magicians showed him how its done.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nobody blames just Pogba for any result. It's a strawman that's been built by a few in here.

If you can find posts that exclusively blame Pogba for any loss please share.
First it's a tongue in cheek comment and secondly are you @Nou_Camp99 bodyguard? :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Game.Set.Match.
The last few appearances tell you all you need to know about him. We didn't miss him yesterday because he'd have put zero effort in anyway.

Can we stop pretending he's world class and the answer now? 5 seasons it's been and he's never been consistent. Thankfully he will be gone soon.

Devil81

The last few appearances tell you all you need to know about him. We didn't miss him yesterday because he'd have put zero effort in anyway.

Can we stop pretending he's world class and the answer now? 5 seasons it's been and he's never been consistent. Thankfully he will be gone soon.
Well said, too many people stick up for him on this forum.

He's not to blame for yesterday obviously but he's been one of the biggest mistakes this clubs ever made. Overrated show pony of a player.

AFC NimbleThumb

That wasn’t what the Game.Set.Match was about though was it. Had he played yesterday you’d have stuck to your script & rocked up in here to rip him.

Who’s pretending he’s world class? Stay on topic. The post was about your obsession with the guy after any loss he plays a part in.

The last few appearances tell you all you need to know about him.
The last few years have shown us all we need to know about McFred & a number of other players. . . I’m actually looking forward to Pogba leaving to see who posters such as yourselves use as the excuse.

Pogba should leave [see it’s possible to be reasonable in assessing the matter without the nonsense] but him doing so resolves 0 issues in itself. We’ve seen our midfield with & without him struggle - focus on the bigger picture.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That wasn’t what the Game.Set.Match was about though was it. Had he played yesterday you’d have stuck to your script & rocked up in here to rip him.

Who’s pretending he’s world class? Stay on topic. The post was about your obsession with the guy after any loss he plays a part in.

The last few years have shown us all we need to know about McFred & a number of other players. . . I’m actually looking forward to Pogba leaving to see who posters such as yourselves use as the excuse.

Pogba should leave [see it’s possible to be reasonable in assessing the matter without the nonsense] but him doing so resolves 0 issues in itself. We’ve seen our midfield with & without him struggle - focus on the bigger picture.
Exactly

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's going to someone else's problem soon anyway chaps. You're free to join him wherever that circus rolls up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well said, too many people stick up for him on this forum.

He's not to blame for yesterday obviously but he's been one of the biggest mistakes this clubs ever made. Overrated show pony of a player.
And why is that a problem ? If you don't like the player then fair enough but what has it got to do with those who think differently than you ?

AFC NimbleThumb

He's going to someone else's problem soon anyway chaps. You're free to join him wherever that circus rolls up.
So you’re going to quote me out of context, then when put back in your in box make a strawman argument. Says it all really. No ones bleating about him leaving.

You’re right on one thing, he’ll be someone else’s problem soon. So why are you bothered? Surely the problems that we still have at the club deserve your attention, take it I’ll see you in the Fred, McTominay & Ole threads, oh no Top Reds like yourself indulge mediocrity.

Devil81

And why is that a problem ? If you don't like the player then fair enough but what has it got to do with those who think differently than you ?
It's not a problem, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Just shocks me that there are still people who think it's the club that's the issue and not the player.

AFC NimbleThumb

Just shocks me that there are still people who think it's the club that's the issue and not the player.
So you think Pogba leaving solves the issues we’re currently seeing on the pitch?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So you think Pogba leaving solves the issues we’re currently seeing on the pitch?
He doesn't solve them when he's on it. He just creates more.

Did you not see the latest in a long line of gaffs Vs Atalanta where his mistake should have resulted in going 2-0 down? Very lucky that their striker blazed over when it was easier to score.

Pogba is finished.

AFC NimbleThumb

He doesn't solve them when he's on it. He just creates more.

Did you not see the latest in a long line of gaffs Vs Atalanta where his mistake should have resulted in going 2-0 down? Very lucky that their striker blazed over when it was easier to score.

Pogba is finished.
Oh here is, still nothing to say to. . .

Read what’s written lad. To reiterate, Pogba should leave. The fact you’ve been running from this afternoon though is that him doing so makes feck all difference in a silo.

Who said he’s been good recently? He was shocking against Atalanta. Another random argument from yourself.

When he goes we’re relying on a transfer committee that thinks Fred is worth £50mil+ along with AWB & Maguire is worth £80mil - oh yea & the VdB saga. The likelihood we replace him with someone more competent is slim, that’s not me saying keep him, that’s me saying one trick ponies like yourself are going to be sadly disappointed when the great McFred duo are dishing up performances like Liverpool & City next season with no Pogba to blame.

He alone isn’t the problem.

Devil81

Where did I say that?

I want to see the back of him for a number of reasons but I would never suggest Pogba leaving would sort all our issues.

It would take away possibly the biggest headache the next manager will have.

I think he is overrated and I also think he's the worst kind of modern day footballer, he thinks he's bigger and more important than the club and its managers.

kouroux

It surely seems like it's bothering some. Comments like "you're free to join him" from @Nou_Camp99 makes me wonder why does it need to be this intense ?
He will leave without a doubt, there is no need to be shocked at anyone for still appreciating him. Just my two cents.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh here is, still nothing to say to. . .

Read what’s written lad. To reiterate, Pogba should leave. The fact you’ve been running from this afternoon though is that him doing so makes feck all difference in a silo.

Who said he’s been good recently? He was shocking against Atalanta. Another random argument from yourself.

When he goes we’re relying on a transfer committee that thinks Fred is worth £50mil+ along with AWB & Maguire is worth £80mil - oh yea & the VdB saga. The likelihood we replace him with someone more competent is slim, that’s not me saying keep him, that’s me saying one trick ponies like yourself are going to be sadly disappointed when the great McFred duo are dishing up performances like Liverpool & City next season with no Pogba to blame.

He alone isn’t the problem.
He's been shocking for 5 years under two managers.

He can't handle the tempo in this league. Wants a million touches every time he gets the ball and when teams close him down he crumbles like a rich tea biscuit.

Just because Fred and Mctomminay aren't good enough doesn't mean he is. We will never win the title with him in the team. He doesn't work hard enough.

Pep n Klopp wouldn't go anywhere near him. That's basically game set and match.

AFC NimbleThumb

Where did I say that?

Well you kinda intimated it.
I want to see the back of him for a number of reasons but I would never suggest Pogba leaving would sort all our issues.
A number of reasons. . . His agent [the same guy that represents Caf fave Haaland. Oh & no one had an issue with VdBs agent going on record a few times.]? The fact he talks to the press on international breaks [multiple players we’ve signed have had to speak openly about wanting to join the club to force a move, has never been a problem then]? The fact he hasn’t lived up to the price tag [no argument there, he’s underachieved]?
It would take away possibly the biggest headache the next manager will have.
We’ve got a few problems for the next manager, him leaving certainly settles the fan circus though.
I think he is overrated and I also think he's the worst kind of modern day footballer, he thinks he's bigger and more important than the club and its managers.
I’d argue our £80mil captain is the worst type of modern footballer, but it’s a game of opinions.

Again, most posters think he should go. I just find the sensationalism with Pogba a tad disingenuous. He’s ‘the worst type of modern day footballer’, despite winning everywhere else but here during a down period for the club.

I suppose I’m just reiterating what @kouroux is saying. It’s possible to see that Pogba hasn’t particularly succeeded in his time here without pretending he’s the worst thing since sliced bread. The criticism just becomes overly personal & vitriolic.

I’d have far more time for posters if they just admitted the whole situation has hurt them as a United fan instead of exaggerating about his agent, his comments etc.

kouroux

Well you kinda intimated it.

A number of reasons. . . His agent [the same guy that represents Caf fave Haaland. Oh & no one had an issue with VdBs agent going on record a few times.]? The fact he talks to the press on international breaks [multiple players we’ve signed have had to speak openly about wanting to join the club to force a move, has never been a problem then]? The fact he hasn’t lived up to the price tag [no argument there, he’s underachieved]?

We’ve got a few problems for the next manager, him leaving certainly settles the fan circus though.

I’d argue our £80mil captain is the worst type of modern footballer, but it’s a game of opinions.

Again, most posters think he should go. I just find the sensationalism with Pogba a tad disingenuous. He’s ‘the worst type of modern day footballer’, despite winning everywhere else but here during a down period for the club.

I suppose I’m just reiterating what @kouroux is saying. It’s possible to see that Pogba hasn’t particularly succeeded in his time here without pretending he’s the worst thing since sliced bread. The criticism just becomes overly personal & vitriolic.

I’d have far more time for posters if they just admitted the whole situation has hurt them as a United fan instead of exaggerating about his agent, his comments etc.
There is no need to exaggerate things with Pogba as there are many valid things to criticize in terms of football. I just don't get why there is always this extra drama with him

AFC NimbleThumb

He's been shocking for 5 years under two managers.

He can't handle the tempo in this league. Wants a million touches every time he gets the ball and when teams close him down he crumbles like a rich tea biscuit.

Just because Fred and Mctomminay aren't good enough doesn't mean he is. We will never win the title with him in the team. He doesn't work hard enough.

Pep n Klopp wouldn't go anywhere near him. That's basically game set and match.
No one has said McFred being crap makes him good enough though have they? See you’re doing it again. All the criticism you’ve just thrown at him could be thrown at other players so your constant posts in this thread regurgitating the same nonsense is tiresome.

You’ve yet to address the initial post, which is fine but you don’t need to keep describing his weaknesses as if they’re new to most people. We get it, he’s not the best midfielder ever & its best for both parties to separate at this point.

You’ve said he’ll be someone else’s problem soon, which is probably true. So surely instead of beating the same old drum you should go & educate others on the weaknesses of the players who’ll remain the clubs problem for years to come.

Simply put. . .

There is no need to exaggerate things with Pogba as there are many valid things to criticize in terms of football.
Says it all really.

Hughie77

If he's not signing a new contract and can go in summer for free, he shouldn't be in the managers plans , so he shouldn't be in squad . What's the point he's not going to give it his all is he. The world cup isn't till later in 2022. So he'd have plenty of game time at his new club for that.

kouroux

If he's not signing a new contract and can go in summer for free, he shouldn't be in the managers plans , so he shouldn't be in squad . What's the point he's not going to give it his all is he. The world cup isn't till later in 2022. So he'd have plenty of game time at his new club for that.
I don't think most football clubs are run like that. Players don't necessarily get frozen because they don't wanna sign a contract.

laughtersassassin

Most probably won't care much that he is injured but I do personally.

Looks potentially a bad one.

Wonder how long till people are accusing him of faking an injury again?

I'll guess 1 month from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.