Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Pogba is going to play great in the next match.
That's not impossible at all.

In theory, he should be well suited for the 4-2-2-2:

CM--------------CM
AM--------------Pogba
FW--------------FW
What I doubt, however, is that he'll keep playing great. I've lost faith in him ever doing that on a regular basis for us.

(As always, happy to be proven wrong, etc.)

united for life

According to Fabrizio Romano, Raiola said “Pogba to FC Bayern? Impossible - they are not paying this kind of salary”.

i think Pogba will sign an extension. He loves the club and will do anything for the badge.

Water Melon

"...Again, now he is still injured, once he is back in training or even up to the level of fully playing, as he probably won’t be for the next three months, nobody can expect of him after one or two training weeks to be fully fit for our style of football.''
Looks like we won't see him on the pitch before late February - early March. And if he starts, he will have to be turbo charged.

lex talionis

No particular reason for the bump. I’m just blown away that Pogba is now in his sixth season with United…and he’s had maybe only a dozen MOTM-worthy performances for us. Out of say 200 competitive matches United have played since we brought him back. A bit mind-boggling, no?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No particular reason for the bump. I’m just blown away that Pogba is now in his sixth season with United…and he’s had maybe only a dozen MOTM-worthy performances for us. Out of say 200 competitive matches United have played since we brought him back. A bit mind-boggling, no?
The fact you’re plucking random figures out of your arse and posting them as fact is indeed mind boggling.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ive picked a few random games from a couple of seasons just off the top of my head:-

21/22 season

Leeds
Southampton

20/21 season

Milan
West Ham away
Villa home
Fulham away
Burnley away
Spurs away
Burnley home

18/19 season

Leicester home
Young Boys away
Newcastle home
Everton home
Cardiff away
Huddersfield home
Bournemouth home
Brighton home
Fulham away
Arsenal away fa cup
Chelsea away fa cup

I also note he’s been voted MOTM on Caf 32 times, mostly with an average rating of 8 and above, which when you’re as hated as Pogba is…..that’s some going.

It’s absolute shite posts like yours that are the problem. The fact that he’s put in many MOTM performances in the past year makes it extremely questionable that you could post what you have. For balance in terms of perspective I can make an argument for probably four games for Bruno being MOTM since January….Leeds at home (where Pogba had 4 assists) , Everton home, Granada away, Villereal away cameo. He’s been largely shite since. Perhaps the way United have been set up and structured doesn’t really help with player consistency but the over exaggerated posts about Pogba are frankly ridiculous.

People constantly plucking nonsense out of thin air and stating it as fact.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ive picked a few random games from a couple of seasons just off the top of my head:-

21/22 season

Leeds
Southampton

20/21 season

Milan
West Ham away
Villa home
Fulham away
Burnley away
Spurs away
Burnley home

18/19 season

Leicester home
Young Boys away
Newcastle home
Everton home
Cardiff away
Huddersfield home
Bournemouth home
Brighton home
Fulham away
Arsenal away fa cup
Chelsea away fa cup

I also note he’s been voted MOTM on Caf 32 times, mostly with an average rating of 8 and above, which when you’re as hated as Pogba is…..that’s some going.

It’s absolute shite posts like yours that are the problem. The fact that he’s put in many MOTM performances in the past year makes it extremely questionable that you could post what you have. For balance in terms of perspective I can make an argument for probably four games for Bruno being MOTM since January….Leeds at home (where Pogba had 4 assists) , Everton home, Granada away, Villereal away cameo. He’s been largely shite since. Perhaps the way United have been set up and structured doesn’t really help with player consistency but the over exaggerated posts about Pogba are frankly ridiculous.

People constantly plucking nonsense out of thin air and stating it as fact.
Well done for doing the research. 32 caf MOTMs in 220 appearances is wank for a player with his status and the position he plays. Of course you’ll put this down to him being “hated” (because you’re weird like that) but even you must wonder if the key to being a popular player is maybe performing consistently well?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well done for doing the research. 32 caf MOTMs in 220 appearances is wank for a player with his status and the position he plays. Of course you’ll put this down to him being “hated” (because you’re weird like that) but even you must wonder if the key to being a popular player is maybe performing consistently well?
You always get so aggressive and irrational when it comes to Pogba but thanks for proving my point.

Here is a list of players in the time Pogba has been here, against performances MOTM and % :-

1.Bruno 102 18 17.64%
2. Pogba 212 32 15.09%
3. Martial 268 35 13.05%
4. Greenwood 122 14 11.47%
5. DeGea 238 27 11.34%
6. Shaw 202 22 10.89%
7. Fred 138 13 9.42%
8. McT 150 14 9.33%
9. Lukaku 96 8 8.33%
10. Rashford 265 22 8.30%
11. James 74 5 6.75%
12. Maguire 125 7 5.60%
13. Matic 172 9 5.23%
14. AWB 118 6 5.08%
15. Lindelof 179 9 5.02%
16. Mata 226 11 4.86%

I love doing the research because it always backs up the fact that Pogba has been one of our best performing players, which means that posts like the one I was responding to are not reflective of anything other than nonsense pulled out of their arse backed up by your own, as ever, irrational response to back up my point.

In reality, looking at the list, the poster in question should really have posted in the Juan Mata thread. Club record signing, flown in by helicopter to a fanfare, who has really massively underperformed and produced next to nothing in his time. Mata is generally well liked and won’t be looked upon as the HUGE flop he has been when his career here finishes…..but that’s not down to his performances that’s for sure, as is also true for the way Pogba will be viewed.

Last edited:

youmeletsfly

@Jeppers7 You're trying to use facts on a fan based forum, it will never work as, behind the keyboard, there's the average dude who thinks he already knows it all and already has an opinion about everything out there.

lost7

You always get so aggressive and irrational when it comes to Pogba but thanks for proving my point.

Here is a list of players in the time Pogba has been here, against performances MOTM and % :-

1.Bruno 102 18 17.64%
2. Pogba 212 32 15.09%
3. Martial 268 35 13.05%
5. DeGea 238 27 11.34%
6. Shaw 202 22 10.89%
7. Fred 138 13 9.42%
8. McT 150 14 9.33%
9. Lukaku 96 8 8.33%
11. James 74 5 6.75%
12. Maguire 125 7 5.60%
13. Matic 172 9 5.23%
14. AWB 118 6 5.08%
15. Lindelof 179 9 5.02%
16. Mata 226 11 4.86%

I love doing the research because it always backs up the fact that Pogba has been one of our best performing players, which means that posts like the one I was responding to are not reflective of anything other than nonsense pulled out of their arse backed up by your own, as ever, irrational response to back up my point.

In reality, looking at the list, the poster in question should really have posted in the Juan Mata thread. Club record signing, flown in by helicopter to a fanfare, who has really massively underperformed and produced next to nothing in his time. Mata is generally well liked and won’t be looked upon as the HUGE flop he has been when his career here finishes…..but that’s not down to his performances that’s for sure, as is also true for the way Pogba will be viewed.
Fair play for the effort, but is it really worth it when you're arguing with someone who's obviously completely blinded by their bias? Now they'll suddenly change the argument to something else completely because they were proven wrong, there is no point really

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

1.Bruno 102 18 17.64%
2. Pogba 212 32 15.09%
3. Martial 268 35 13.05%
5. DeGea 238 27 11.34%
6. Shaw 202 22 10.89%
7. Fred 138 13 9.42%
8. McT 150 14 9.33%
9. Lukaku 96 8 8.33%
11. James 74 5 6.75%
12. Maguire 125 7 5.60%
13. Matic 172 9 5.23%
14. AWB 118 6 5.08%
15. Lindelof 179 9 5.02%
16. Mata 226 11 4.86%

Im quite surprised Martial is above De Gea there. But the fact that he is, compared to how he is generally talked about here is quite telling. Humans are notoriously bad at remembering events. Pogba and Martial in the top 3 tells its own story about recency bias, confirmation bias etc.

captaincantona

You love doing research to back up your own bias...not actual research...impartial research to determine if you are actually right in what you say.

Pogba is not a squad player...he was bought as a star player and demanded wages that matched that status. As a result he was expected to perform to that level. He hasn’t at all.

all you stats show is that in and incredibly low number of his games (16%) he was considered to be better than the rest of the team. There are plenty of times where the phrase “best of a bad bunch” applies to man of the match winners and their actual match rating will be shite. After all...he was not the actual MOTM - he was the man of the match for Man Utd...chosen only from United players...on a Man Utd Forum...I would query how many of those games were his performances considered to be good enough to be MOTM in general? ie. best player on the pitch. Not many I would say because I genuinely can’t remember one single amazing performance from him. Some amazing moments granted...but he has not been a leader or stood out at all. Out of that context, your stat means nothing.

Pogba has not been one of our best performing players by any stretch and you would be certainly in a quite clear minority of fans to suggest such madness. He has in fact been at the core of many poor performances due to lack of effort, lack of concentration and silly errors/mistakes- not tracking runs, being slow on the ball and losing possession in dangerous areas of the pitch. These are things all non bias fans can see and reason.

DDG gets paid very well and over the course of his career at Utd has backed that up with performances. But he is the only player in our squad where such a stupid and nonsensical metric such as yours might give some insight or reasonable proof.

Last edited:

captaincantona

Fair play for the effort, but is it really worth it when you're arguing with someone who's obviously completely blinded by their bias? Now they'll suddenly change the argument to something else completely because they were proven wrong, there is no point really
How was he proven wrong?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
You love doing research to back up your own bias...not actual research...impartial research to determine if you are actually right in what you say.

Pogba is not a squad player...he was bought as a star player and demanded wages that matched that status. As a result he was expected to perform to that level. He hasn’t at all.

all you stats show is that in and incredibly low number of his games (16%) he was considered to be better than the rest of the team. There are plenty of times where the phrase “best of a bad bunch” applies to man of the match winners and their actual match rating will be shite. Out of that context, your stat means nothing.

Pogba has not been one of our best performing players by any stretch and you would be certainly in a quite clear minority of fans to suggest such madness. He has in fact been at the core of many poor performances due to lack of effort, lack of concentration and silly errors/mistakes- not tracking runs, being slow on the ball and losing possession in dangerous areas of the pitch. These are things all non bias fans can see and reason.

DDG gets paid very well and over the course of his career at Utd has backed that up with performances. But he is the only player in our squad where such a stupid and nonsensical metric such as yours might give some insight or reasonable proof.
Hang on, that sounds as if you’re saying that even if Pogba contributes more than say, McTominay he’ll still be considered a failure because of the transfer fee, wages, fan expectations etc. That seems crazy to me, he’s not responsible for any of those things. When you give a player a mark out of 10 you do it on the performance. Not on the performance compared to what you *think* their performance should be. Otherwise you might as well fill your team with low-expectation players and give them all 9s

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

all you stats show is that in and incredibly low number of his games (16%) he was considered to be better than the rest of the team. There are plenty of times where the phrase “best of a bad bunch” applies to man of the match winners and their actual match rating will be shite. After all...he was not the actual MOTM - he was the man of the match for Man Utd...chosen only from United players...on a Man Utd Forum...I would query how many of those games were his performances considered to be good enough to be MOTM in general? ie. best player on the pitch. Not many I would say because I genuinely can’t remember one single amazing performance from him. Some amazing moments granted...but he has not been a leader or stood out at all. Out of that context, your stat means nothing.

:lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How was he proven wrong?
He said he has produced MOTM performances about 12 times, he hasn’t it’s many more. As for best of a bad bunch the vast majority of those MOTM performances his rating was 8 and above. The second poster said that 32 was ‘wank’…..well then every player we have had in the last five years has been wank and below.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Your point proven by CaptainCantona :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Im quite surprised Martial is above De Gea there. But the fact that he is, compared to how he is generally talked about here is quite telling. Humans are notoriously bad at remembering events. Pogba and Martial in the top 3 tells its own story about recency bias, confirmation bias etc.
Mostly our top 3 are probably our most talented and most inconsistent which I’d argue is largely down to the lack of foundations.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He said he has produced MOTM performances about 12 times, he hasn’t it’s many more. As for best of a bad bunch the vast majority of those MOTM performances his rating was 8 and above. The second poster said that 32 was ‘wank’…..well then every player we have had in the last five years has been wank and below.
What posters are doing here, and I’m sure you’ve recognised this, is adjusting the assessment criteria between two connected but separate factors.
One is a players contribution full stop, the other is their contribution relative to what the fans expected. I don’t think it’s even difficult to understand.

Smores

Pogba beign one of our best performing players is such a ridiculous claim. How can anyone possibly think that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I already made that point in the past when someone suggested that he hadn't been the best performer since 2016. People make absolutely no sense and if you look at the amount of times he finished second it's even more telling.

captaincantona

Hang on, that sounds as if you’re saying that even if Pogba contributes more than say, McTominay he’ll still be considered a failure because of the transfer fee, wages, fan expectations etc. That seems crazy to me, he’s not responsible for any of those things. When you give a player a mark out of 10 you do it on the performance. Not on the performance compared to what you *think* their performance should be. Otherwise you might as well fill your team with low-expectation players and give them all 9s
Not at all...I am saying that you pay Ronaldo mad money...to score goals...if he doesn’t score goals...he was. It worth the money...

You pay Pogba mad money...you expect him to be at least a consistent and reliable midfield constant...he hasn’t been.

mots not that difficult. If McT doesn’t play well it’s not as big of an issue because his status in the squad is a youth player being used to bolster your midfield- not a first name on the team sheet player- which Paul Pogba is paid as

Apokalips

Precisely, so many fans on this site have incredibly short memories when it comes to Pogba and Martial. I constantly see posters make things up and the continuous repetition of non-truths turn them into hard facts in their own heads and it is the reason I actively avoid any thread on the two of them for the most part.

captaincantona

Again...unless we go back in to the mat CL day threads themselves we shouldn’t be using that metric...it’s dumb. Go get his ratings from each performance or from a neutral source compared to the players on the other team and then it will be closer to what we have actually seen...a very ordinary Utd career with very little to justify his place as one of the top earners in the squad.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Not at all...I am saying that you pay Ronaldo mad money...to score goals...if he doesn’t score goals...he was. It worth the money...

You pay Pogba mad money...you expect him to be at least a consistent and reliable midfield constant...he hasn’t been.

mots not that difficult. If McT doesn’t play well it’s not as big of an issue because his status in the squad is a youth player being used to bolster your midfield- not a first name on the team sheet player- which Paul Pogba is paid as
Oh yeah, I completely get that. But at the end of the day if you’re going in to an important match surely previous expectation is irrelevant when you name your team, don’t you think? The job of the manager is to pick the team most able to win, which means picking your best players, even if that means picking players who have underperformed when compared to what you’d hoped.
I guess what I’m saying is that if player A is only marginally better than player B, then player A still gets picked even if they’re on ten times the wages

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What posters are doing here, and I’m sure you’ve recognised this, is adjusting the assessment criteria between two connected but separate factors.
One is a players contribution full stop, the other is their contribution relative to what the fans expected. I don’t think it’s even difficult to understand.
What that particular fan expected you mean.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Again...unless we go back in to the mat CL day threads themselves we shouldn’t be using that metric...it’s dumb. Go get his ratings from each performance or from a neutral source compared to the players on the other team and then it will be closer to what we have actually seen...a very ordinary Utd career with very little to justify his place as one of the top earners in the squad.
I don't think we should keep him but, if he is outperforming most of the squad, then this makes very little sense

captaincantona

Oh yeah, I completely get that. But at the end of the day if you’re going in to an important match surely previous expectation is irrelevant when you name your team, don’t you think? The job of the manager is to pick the team most able to win, which means picking your best players, even if that means picking players who have underperformed when compared to what you’d hoped.
I guess what I’m saying is that if player A is only marginally better than player B, then player A still gets picked even if they’re on ten times the wages
Let me be clear...Pogba has not done enough to be a constant in the team...let alone being a stand out performer. That’s is made even more startling when you consider his status at the club, what he was bought for and his huge wage demands to stay at the club.

In short- he has not shown he is worth what he thinks he is. I would prefer us to spend that money on a more consistent performer.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I already made that point in the past when someone suggested that he hadn't been the best performer since 2016. People make absolutely no sense and if you look at the amount of times he finished second it's even more telling.
That’s an interesting thought !

captaincantona

I don't think we should keep him but, if he is outperforming most of the squad, then this makes very little sense
How is he outperforming most of the squad? All that stat shows is that in16% of games he was considered by Utd fans to be the best Utd player on the pitch. That proves nothing. Does that mean he has been consistently good? Not at all.

So I said...if we want to measure consistency then we need to look at his actual performance ratings...average them out...then you ask...do we expect more then let’s say an average of 6.5 from our star midfielder...if so...he hasn’t been worth it and is certainly not worth a pay rise and an extension!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba beign one of our best performing players is such a ridiculous claim. How can anyone possibly think that.
It really isn’t. Saying Pogba has been brilliant is a ridiculous claim. Saying he’s been one of our best performing players is a statement of fact.

JPRouve

Scout
That's an interesting suggestion. If we go by Whoscored, among players that played at least 19 games, Pogba was our best performer in the league during his first three seasons.

AFC NimbleThumb

1.Bruno 102 18 17.64%
2. Pogba 212 32 15.09%
3. Martial 268 35 13.05%
5. DeGea 238 27 11.34%
6. Shaw 202 22 10.89%
7. Fred 138 13 9.42%
8. McT 150 14 9.33%
9. Lukaku 96 8 8.33%
11. James 74 5 6.75%
12. Maguire 125 7 5.60%
13. Matic 172 9 5.23%
14. AWB 118 6 5.08%
15. Lindelof 179 9 5.02%
16. Mata 226 11 4.86%

@Pogue Mahone exposed again in a Pogba thread, as a lurker I remember how revered he was, laughable at this point.

The man hasn’t played in weeks yet his performance thread still draws the ire of the same old posters. The man is leaving, surely we should be more concerned about Caf faves like our £80mil captain.

Mata point is poignant, it’s the same nonsense we saw with Herrera, ‘he gets the club, nice guy’ nonsense which ignores the rather blatant reason Martial & Pogba draw more criticism despite greater impact on the whole.

It really isn’t. Saying Pogba has been brilliant is a ridiculous claim. Saying he’s been one of our best performing players is a statement of fact.
Summed up brilliantly again. Saying he’s been one of our best performers in a poor period is just honesty.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Spot on.

Godfather

One of a few players that gets worse every time he doesn't play. Bit like the opposite of Rashford.

JPRouve

Scout
I totally agree with anyone thinking that Pogba wasn't worth his transfer fee, it was my opinion in 2016 and it has been vindicated since that time. His wage isn't actually high for a superstar and someone with his commercial appeal, so there is no way that I will have an issue with it when there are dozens of players earning more, it's worth keeping in mind that United wages include image rights which isn't the case for many of the top earners in Spain. I also agree with the idea that he should have been sold in 2019 simply because I don't think that he was a good fit for United and it would have been the best thing to recoup part of his transfer fee and reinvest that money.

Now none of that justify people talking absolute nonsense about him or his actual performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.