Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pintu

As usual the midfield looks so much better when he plays. The rest of the time it is crap.

He had his flaws of course, but it must be depressing for him to have to spend his prime years in this clueless team.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
As usual the midfield looks so much better when he plays. The rest of the time it is crap.

He had his flaws of course, but it must be depressing for him to have to spend his prime years in this clueless team.
I will always prefer club before any single player but agreed, you have to feel about Pogba. He's carrying the team with Pereira and Lingard next to him, got injured a lot had some bad games but a lot of great games and winning it for us, while playing not in his position , because he's so talented he could adapt.

Compared to Bruno, who I rate really high but who's definitely more inconsistent in his time at OT than Pogba while playing in the best position on the pitch, pretty much a free role second striker often, taking risk after risks, hollywood balls all game, until late taking all the pens, freekicks, corners, absolutely hording his stats. Making media love him while his unlikable agent never made him any favours with his image in front of fans.

Often when he was injured for a long time and had a bad game before that, the longer he didn't play the worse it was for him.

Anyway one of the best players who played for us in the recent years and talent burnt in our years of despair, Yes he's not saint and could have done better at times, but that could be said about absolutely anyone, butjust a bit sad we couldn't utilize him better, because had he been in our glory years he would have been incredible and with much better perception...

Marwood

I had to leave for a while in the second half. Why was Pogba subbed off?
He'd started to fade out of the game. To be expected.

Decent first game back but still the guy is too big and heavy for a CM spot. It will continue to get exposed against better teams.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Best player on the pitch. Quality dropped off a cliff immediately after he was subbed off.

united for life

He was tidy overall but some of the comments... Damn you can tell it's been a while since we've seen a proper midfielder here :lol: Imagine how good it will feel when we see a midfielder absolutely boss a game for us, not just do a few nice things against a Championship team.
very true - the drop in standards is depressing

Hughes35

Let's be honest, he's our best player by an absolute mile....... and he's leaving on a free (again). If you wrote a script about a joke football club, it still wouldn't be as bad as we are.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He does something silly once in a while but the difference between him or McFred is night and day. People that think he's a problem are deluded.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He does something silly once in a while but the difference between him or McFred is night and day. People that think he's a problem are deluded.
I’m glad he had a good performance today but we were playing against Middlesbrough. Let’s not forget that.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Again this nonsense putting McT and Fred in one sentence :houllier: Pogba is an all action creative CM, advanced playmaker. Fred is a Defensive B2b all action ball winner. McTominay is just championship standard player when who can neither defend nor pass nor control the ball at times. Why are people so dumb to compare the players like that.

McT was absolutely lost today and Pogba wasn't fit to play the whole game. But did really great after such a long time out, Fred did also great when coming on, creating three great chances but that will be overlooked likealways, because the chances were fluffed by his teammates.

RedIan

Yes he looked class tonight as he has on other occasions.. the problem is when he gets a run in the team he tends to fade to mediocrity , it’s a mystery why. Brilliant on his day and was today but he is inconsistent with when he turns it on.

The United

Yes he looked class tonight as he has on other occasions.. the problem is when he gets a run in the team he tends to fade to mediocrity , it’s a mystery why. Brilliant on his day and was today but he is inconsistent with when he turns it on.
That's what he is.

Almost always played well after a long time out. Let's see if he can keep it up till the end. Or it does not matter anyway as he is leaving anyway.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm going to amaze people on here now and say I thought he was one of our best players tonight.

Still doesn't mean a god damn thing across the 5 years where he's drove me bananas obviously but credit where credits due. For a player lacking fitness he had a reasonable game today.

Remember the geese

I'm going to amaze people on here now and say I thought he was one of our best players tonight.

Still doesn't mean a god damn thing across the 5 years where he's drove me bananas obviously but credit where credits due. For a player lacking fitness he had a reasonable game today.
The amusing thing is that he has been one of our best players over the last 5 years too.

Devil may care

The rejigged shape of the midfield is a good fit for him and he looked up for it, great quality on the ball and tracked runners well, faded as expected given he's not played for months.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Only saw bits of the match, and all on mute. What was the reception - boos or muted?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Played well but absolutely gassed out at 60 minutes, not surprised there's nobody stupid enough out there to pay him £500k a week.
i didn’t see the game but checked on here and saw “pogba running the game”
“It’s fun to watch us for once”
And so on.

come back tonight “don’t pay him 500k”
And “we aren’t able to kill teams off”

Same auld.

Our highest earner in each position often makes more than the combined midfield, defence or forwards of most clubs we play. The glazers just over reward marketability and encourage no team spirit. Cultural reboot indeed.

Pogba will save the season for us if he stays fit.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

One of our best players today.

Is it only me, he seems to put on a lot of weight and he should do better to defend the Boro goal. He didn't sprint back all the way to track the Boro player. I could be wrong.

Dante

Average bang
Very good, I thought. Some of his through balls were brilliant. And his pressing was actually pretty good as well.

Still needs to work on his conditioning, because he looked absolutely knackered towards the end. But that'll come with game time.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Ok, but what does that make of the rest of the players that played last night?
I thought the rest of the 11 were good for the 90mins other than Ronaldo. Let’s be honest that game should have been dead and buried by half time.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
1st game in months, thought he dictated midfield better than any time the other CMs have this season. Hope he can stay fit until the end of the season as he will be useful for the rest of it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Did nothing spectacular, and I mean that as a compliment, that was a really composed, calm and controlled performance, he bossed the midfield. We went to bits when he came off.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Many posters really do struggle to say anything nice about him don’t they :lol:
Here’s my first post after the game yesterday.

He was good today.
He was good yesterday. But it was against Boro. And that goes for the rest of the team. The game should have been done with by half time. It’s our own fault it even went to penalties.

mctrials23

Of course he is a problem. He is one of our highest paid players, doesn't have an amazing injury record and he drifts in and out of form, leaning more to the out of form. You cannot build a team around him effectively and he presents a unique issue that on his day he is sublime but on another he will cost you games.

No other top teams have players that are so expensive and so erratic in both their application and consistency.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know how to put it accurately but Pogba didn't have a remarkable game, it was what he does 8 out of 10 times.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He'd started to fade out of the game. To be expected.

Decent first game back but still the guy is too big and heavy for a CM spot. It will continue to get exposed against better teams.
Agree with this and said it to my lad when we were watching the game last night. He looked BIG in that shirt. He is an imposing physical character on the pitch but 3 months out, he needs to come down a weight division or 2

Yagami

Good post resistant
It should be obvious to the club that Fred and McTominay aren't good enough from their performances alone, but when you see Pogba - who's far from his best - play, it beggars belief how we've accepted them as our starters for years now.

The midfield needed upgrading back when we had better players in Herrera and a younger Matic. Once Pogba leaves, it'll need more than an upgrade. It'll need wishing back from the dead with dragon balls.

Edy2

Absolutely, you get one or two good/great performances a month and that is not enough for what he's paid. We need consistent performers week in week out to get back to the top. If that means we have to get in less talented players than the pogbas etc so be it. Add to that he is injured an awful lot as well. Great player on his day, no-one is disputing that but that day is too few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.