Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

Club discards players the moment they think player is not good enough, or they won't renew the contract. Are they disloyal to players?
I don't think that's the case. We've made plenty of players multi millionaires for not much in return. The player pretty much having it all their own way. Sure it goes on at other clubs as well in this age of huge squads.

Pogba himself is a good example.

BorisManUtd

Don't think clubs are that interested in him even on free, so Pogba should take next few months seriously, play some good football and help us so he earns a good contract at some other club. Best possible ending of Pogba's United story.

Ixion

What I find hilarious about social media is that its largely a platform for self obsessed narcissists to have other like minded people stroke their egos and then they cry when some people think they are fecking pillocks.

It goes both ways. If you want to get all the unmerited sycophantic love-in comments then you have to put up with people calling you an idiot as well. There is never any room for racist and sexist abuse ever but TikTok borderline makes me want an asteroid to wipe out humanity its so pathetic. Instagram is slightly better but not massively.

What isn't spoken about enough when it comes to toxicity on social media is the core premise of wealthy people being idolised almost entirely for being wealthy. Thats horribly toxic in itself.

Pogba is a fantastic player when hes on form but how anyone can defend his general performances during his time at United is beyond me. It feels like it comes down to emotional attachments and the feelings that a lot of people express about him being victimised. Hes paid crazy wages, doesn't seem to care about United and only puts in the work when things are going well. He will dismantle a team one week and be anonymous the next. He justifies his wages about 10% of the time.

I think Pogba is a bit of a wally but he also seems like a really nice and fun guy. If he worked his ass off for the club he would 100% be our most popular player and I don't have even a slight doubt about that. There may be some racial/religious element to some peoples dislike of him but thats the tiny tiny minority. Most people just don't think he works hard enough or cares enough about the team that is paying him more in a week than 99% of us earn in a few years.
So in one post you say he 1) brings it on himself by posting on social media 2) is overpaid 3) is lazy 4) is a wally

Anything else?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think that's the case. We've made plenty of players multi millionaires for not much in return. The player pretty much having it all their own way. Sure it goes on at other clubs as well in this age of huge squads.

Pogba himself is a good example.
Club paid them good money because they thought players are good enough.

Players like Rafael, Evans. Welbeck had lot of love for the club but the moment club thought they are not good enough, they were asked to leave. Why didn't club show loyalty back then?

Forget club, fans are such a hypocrites crying about how players don't respect the love showed by fans. The moment player plays poorly, players are deadwood and gets shit loads of abuse.

lost7

Players like Rafael, Evans. Welbeck had lot of love for the club but the moment club thought they are not good enough, they were asked to leave. Why didn't club show loyalty back then?

Forget club, fans are such a hypocrites crying about how players don't respect the love showed by fans. The moment player plays poorly, players are deadwood and gets shit loads of abuse.
Just look at Rashford. An academy grauate, loves Manchester United and has showed he can be a top player, but because he's been struggling and underperforming for a while, many so called United fans have turned on him, asking to get rid of him, calling him names etc.

How can we criticise the loyalty of players when we as a fanbase can turn on our very own players?

Reactions: roonster09

roonster09

Scout
Just look at Rashford. An academy grauate, loves Manchester United and has showed he can be a top player, but because he's been struggling and underperforming for a while, many so called United fans have turned on him, asking to get rid of him, calling him names etc.

How can we criticise the loyalty of players when we as a fanbase can turn on our very own players?
Exactly.

Marwood

Didn't Welbeck leave in part to his own decision?

But yeah true that fans are quick to turn but I could list a bunch of players who've had a lovely, responsibility free time here. Mata, Jones, Bailly, Dalot have all been paid incredible amounts for years with barely any return.

Lingard has been given a career, status and wealth he couldn't have achieved anywhere else. Now leaves on his own terms.

Pogba at least would have had this profile and salary wherever he went post Juve. Nonetheless he's completely controlled his time here, the club have ended with little say in what does and doesn't happen with him.

So I'm really not sure we're as cutthroat as you might think. Once upon a time maybe.

roonster09

Scout
Didn't Welbeck leave in part to his own decision?

But yeah true that fans are quick to turn but I could list a bunch of players who've had a lovely, responsibility free time here. Mata, Jones, Bailly, Dalot have all been paid incredible amounts for years with barely any return.

Lingard has been given a career, status and wealth he couldn't have achieved anywhere else. Now leaves on his own terms.

Pogba at least would have had this profile and salary wherever he went post Juve. Nonetheless he's completely controlled his time here, the club have ended with little say in what does and doesn't happen with him.

So I'm really not sure we're as cutthroat as you might think. Once upon a time maybe.
We are not cutthroat but like as any club, we discard players when we think they are not good enough. So I don't see why players should be loyal when clubs aren't. Like I said, clubs, players do what suits them best.

Born2Lose

Not in the least bit surprised that there's no desperate stampede between the top clubs to sign him on a free in the Summer.

Insanity to not get rid two years ago when Madrid were talking about 100m euros.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’ll be just our kind of luck that he’ll press and stay injury free and be the player we all know he can be and then walk on a free again.

I think a 3 definitely suits him better. Ralf will demand that he presses and works off the ball. He’ll most likely be playing on the left. I think conditions are just right for a few months of peak Pogba and everyone will be left wondering what if, again.

He might actually be worth the major money if Ralf can crack the code or tweak his position.

Anyone getting onto him about religion or clothes or whatever can do one.

Bennie Blanco

It’ll be just our kind of luck that he’ll press and stay injury free and be the player we all know he can be and then walk on a free again.

I think a 3 definitely suits him better. Ralf will demand that he presses and works off the ball. He’ll most likely be playing on the left. I think conditions are just right for a few months of peak Pogba and everyone will be left wondering what if, again.

He might actually be worth the major money if Ralf can crack the code or tweak his position.

Anyone getting onto him about religion or clothes or whatever can do one.
What player would that be then? Because I sure as heck haven't the slightest idea. I simply don't rate him, never have.

I can't wait see to see the back of him, so that we can finally move on. Hopefully never get to hear his name ever again.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What player would that be then? Because I sure as heck haven't the slightest idea. I simply don't rate him, never have.

I can't wait see to see the back of him, so that we can finally move on. Hopefully never get to hear his name ever again.
He’s been frustrating for sure, especially all the lengthy injuries. The tough love with Jose didn’t work. The soft Ole approach didn’t work. I think Ralf is somewhere in between. Pragmatic and demands high standards and work rate but isn’t a total psycho. Might be the best of both worlds?
Can’t hurt having another good player coming in anyway. I don’t think he’d be worth the kind of money that’s been written about over the last year or so. Very very few players are

Walters_19_MuFc

Wonder if RR will play him and Bruno in a midfield three when he's back?

Attribute wise, Pogba is perfect for that 8 role, with Bruno pushed slightly further forward.

AFC NimbleThumb

I don’t disagree nor am I suggesting it’s acceptable under the bad apples caveat. The point I was putting forward is United are always worldwide headline news and this is an appealing platform for trolls given they are all about recognition and spreading hate. It’s impossible to gauge who they are, or even where they are from, let alone their affliction to the club.

I can only speak from my personal experience at Old Trafford and say I’ve never seen or heard any racism. I’d also be very confident that if it did manifest itself 99% of the match going fan base would call it out there and then. That’s not to say others here may have experienced something different; I can only speak for myself.
I see this thread has again devolved into another set of Caftards ignoring the subject at hand to reason this behaviour but I’m enjoying our reasoned discussion so would rather keep it here.

I’ve never personally had a negative racial experience at OT & I don’t doubt that if something was said eyebrows would be raised so this isn’t me saying the fanbase are Chelsea fans on a Parisian subway.

I agree it’s difficult to gauge as it’s often faceless internet trolls but my main ‘gripe’ is I don’t believe if we suddenly had a bunch of paedophiles or terrorists [extreme yes but people have been killed in the name of melanin] spouting things whilst identifying with the club that peoples reactions would be, ‘a few bad apples’ which is what I feel the. . .

United have the biggest fan base in England and one of the biggest in the world. Even outside of what you’d class as a fan United attract everyone. Sadly with that you’re bound to capture racists and not very nice people.
is intimating.

Yes, we are going to attract an unsavoury contingent but with one as outwardly vocal as this one, the unreasoned assessment of Pogba at points by fans that ‘should know better’ doesn’t help the issue. There are plenty of reasonable arguments against Pogba but I genuinely feel like they’re too rare. People will claim he’s overpriced then head to the Maguire thread to defend ‘our captain’. They’ll have a go at Raiola, but say nothing about VdBs clown of an agent or head to a transfer thread about another one of his agents. They’ll say he’s underperformed as if the whole squad hasn’t been doing so for ages. People will mention his comments to the press yet ignore the 10s of players we’ve signed after they down tools at previous clubs or speak out in our favour in public.

Again, Pogba should go but a rather vocal contingent in this fanbase, not least on this forum have long shown their criticism to be irrational. Does that mean they’re all racists, no but notice how many posters avoid the post in question to repeat things we already know.

Longwinded, sorry.

L1nk

Why ffs just let him go, it’s stupid at this point

antk

Probably MOTM from our side. Added a lot of fluidity to fast attacks, the ball reached forwards a lot quicker than those last few months.

flameinthesun

As usual when pogba plays the quality in the midfield goes up several levels. It shouldn't even be a discussion whether we are better with him or without him.

SirScholes

As usual when pogba plays the quality in the midfield goes up several levels. It shouldn't even be a discussion whether we are better with him or without him.
100% agree
The only other player to switch play quickly in our team is varane
Hopefully he has a strong end of season

Godfather

One of a few positives tonight. Our football is so much more enjoyable with him in the side. Finally a CM that can pass the ball

Born2Lose

Played well but absolutely gassed out at 60 minutes, not surprised there's nobody stupid enough out there to pay him £500k a week.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No complaints tonight. He’s gonna be an asset to the team until his next contract is signed.

marktan

He's good on the ball but physically something is just off with him, a better team would punish his slowness in midfield. The body of Mctominay and the technical ability of Pogba is what we needed.

I do like that Bruno was coming deep more but if Pogba's forced to play a lot of the game as a deep midfielder, it will be the 100th iteration of an expirement that's failed.

Idxomer

He's good on the ball but physically something is just off with him, a better team would punish his slowness in midfield. The body of Mctominay and the technical ability of Pogba is what we needed.

I do like that Bruno was coming deep more but if Pogba's forced to play a lot of the game as a deep midfielder, it will be the 100th iteration of an expirement that's failed.
He has declined physically in the last couple of years, probably because of his constant injuries.

redshaw

Played ok, did some good work removing the danger from our box, did his usual clumsy losing the ball and fouling back badly like a drunk Giraffe though.

flameinthesun

Played well but absolutely gassed out at 60 minutes, not surprised there's nobody stupid enough out there to pay him £500k a week.
Pretty silly post.....his first game in how long?....A pogba who hasn't played in months was easily levels above every option we have in the midfield bar Bruno. If you think nobody will be after pogba in the summer then you are in for a rude awakening, but then I imagine you'd be happy with him being gone and us stuck watching mct passing the ball out for touch.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He was tidy overall but some of the comments... Damn you can tell it's been a while since we've seen a proper midfielder here :lol: Imagine how good it will feel when we see a midfielder absolutely boss a game for us, not just do a few nice things against a Championship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.