Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossa

I'm not the biggest Pogba fan out there, but that was one helluva performance! Yes, he was a little sloppy at times in the first half, but his passes are just world class. The first lobbed assist to Bruno was mouth watering, and the assist to Greenwood was Xavi-esque. That's the thing with Pogba; at his very best, he's Scholes, Viera, Yaya and Zidane rolled into one. He's a unique footballer, but unfortunately he seems to occupy a unique role on the pitch. Today he was terrific.

Infra-red

I presume there’s a post above me that says take away the 4 assists he was average
No - it's been pretty much universal praise.

The problem isn't United's desire (or United fans' desire) to keep the player, it's the player's desire (or lack thereof) to stay. His agent is adamant that Pogba is not happy at United, won't be signing a new deal and wants to leave at the earliest available opportunity. There's not much that the club can do about that to be fair.

criticalanalysis

Weirdly I kinda felt like he was having a bit of a standard Pogba performance. Moments of magic mixed in with some sloppiness and over playing but how can anyone deny the quality of this guy. I think like Ole says you’ve really kinda just got to give him the freedom to do stuff. Sometimes it isn’t going to work sometimes it is.

The problem is today coming off that left he was able to get in to areas where you’d want him as an 8. However would Ole really sit Rashford and have Pogba as his guy at LW so we keep getting him higher up the pitch or will he go for the 433.

At times I do think he was caught out centrally causing us problems on the wings. Shaw and Maguire did seem to be struggiling to contain and even Leeds goal he reacts to it very late and has to sprint out from a central position.
This is a fair assessment. As others have said, he's had 'better' games before where he was more influential playing as one of the two, where he'd obviously also have a lot more of the ball. Today however, just shows how sublime he is in the open field. He made those 'easy' assists with inch perfect and cold blooded execution.The issue will always be when he has to play in a two against a resiliant team that will press him and if we are set up poorly/have bad movement.

Good game today :drool: I think the left footed pass to Fred was just as good as the pass to Greenwood.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t think he had a particularly great game today personally, but yea, he obviously had some sublime contributions.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I still hope that we can find the right CDM that enables the Pogba and Bruno partnership.

Those two are just too scary together for opponents.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yet RedCafe members will tell you Pogba is unprofessional, a bad influence & so on. . .
Where does this myth keep coming from? I don’t think anyone has said such. These are the common complaints:

- inconsistent
- what position should he play?
- agent continually saying that he wants to leave
- coming out of contract; sign or sell. No one wants to lose him again for free

Godfather

The performance today just highlights how poor he was last year. No idea how he can produce that today and be a bag of poo for most of last season. He’s always been a top player but hasn’t shown it often enough. Let hope he continues like this for the rest of the season before he goes to PSG.
I love the re-writing of history on here. Especially when it comes to Pogba. Just randomly post something completely off the mark. Well done.

Juanuzayne

I love the re-writing of history on here. Especially when it comes to Pogba. Just randomly post something completely off the mark. Well done.
Completely agree. Pogba was one of our best players last year. His impact on games is completely ignored by many on here. Today’s game will be forgotten in about 2-3 weeks as well.

AFC NimbleThumb

Where does this myth keep coming from? I don’t think anyone has said such. These are the common complaints:

- inconsistent
They do ?
Ok lads, I’m more than happy to allow you to retract your posts. . .

This thread spanning 100+ pages is symptomatic of the Cafe & the analysis of Pogba.

Your heads are literally buried up your arses if you haven’t seen posters call him those things & more.

I’m not saying all posters do but far too many do, I’ve seen you both in more than enough threads to act like those comments aren’t happening.

Myth :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Today showed what I think most of us know. In the PL he’s best not in the pivot as a CM and if you can give him freedom he can produce world class displays.

Of course with a fully fit squad that causes selection headaches but Im all for that kind of headache.

We have Sancho/Pogba as wide creators and Rashford/Greenwood as wide finishers with Dan James as a wide work horse. Good mix.

It now makes far more sense why we signed DVB because we’re not going to be using Pogba in the midfield 2.

TsuWave

Exactly. Guy was one of our most consistent last year, only behind Luke Shaw. I genuinely think a considerable amount of people here don't watch football. Also, this exchange on reddit made me chuckle because it rings true:

Pogba will go into double pivot, not play as well then morons will say he is inconsistent because he can’t score and assists from double pivot

laughtersassassin

Amazing performance.

Yet some of our "fans" are annoyed we couldn't get a fee for him in the summer. Let the bean counters sort the contracts and numbers. If he leaves, he leaves someone else will come. Until then, enjoy him you muppets.
The funniest fans to me are the ones who claim we won't need to replace him.

We don't have any players that can do the passes he can. That'll have to be replaced with a world class player.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I genuinely think a considerable amount of people here don't watch football.
Their memories fail them so they usually rely on stats to help determine quality, without any context added.

TrustInOle

No - it's been pretty much universal praise.

The problem isn't United's desire (or United fans' desire) to keep the player, it's the player's desire (or lack thereof) to stay. His agent is adamant that Pogba is not happy at United, won't be signing a new deal and wants to leave at the earliest available opportunity. There's not much that the club can do about that to be fair.
This thing with Mino is that I'm sure he and Pogba are contractually bound so in a lot of instances, his hands are tied. Add to the fact he will almost always request a huge fee for himself then it is no wonder contract talks with Pogba's representatives can drag out. He only ever seems to open his mouth when it is renewal time, so maybe this time we are standing firm on what would be his last big pay packet with Paul. Paul himself has shown nothing but professionalism whilst being here.

Apologies if I'm wrong about bolded, but surely this is the case with agents? Meaning to get rid would directly affect Paul's finances.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People want him sold :lol: :lol: .
He is top player. I don't care if he "really really really doesn't want to be here". He is our main playmaker. Just give him new contract

Pace Abuser

One of my Liverpool mates text me saying Pogba was different class today. But he's a fair lad not a deluded type. Still.

Reiver

The funniest fans to me are the ones who claim we won't need to replace him.

We don't have any players that can do the passes he can. That'll have to be replaced with a world class player.
These are exactly my thoughts about him. Could we get in somebody who does the things he can do but on a more consistent basis? I don't know, maybe. But let's not kid ourselves and think we won't need to replace him if he goes. We absolutely will. Personally I have always hoped he will stay.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nah you can have just average games.
Or even just ‘good’ games. I think the eye-catching contributions made it a good game, but not Pogba at his very best for me. Nobody can get near him at his best.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
4 assists and not even match fit :lol: obviously all top teams need depth to win titles and cups, having Pogba, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, Martial, Bruno to rotate is superb. Perhaps this can be Pogba's best season, hopefully he can spend as an advanced playmaker like todayand perhaps sign a new contract. If not we should absolutely replace him with a creative player of his quality. Hopefully he can renew because at his best he's impossible to replace..

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
These are exactly my thoughts about him. Could we get in somebody who does the things he can do but on a more consistent basis? I don't know, maybe. But let's not kid ourselves and think we won't need to replace him if he goes. We absolutely will. Personally I have always hoped he will stay.
I fear for us to be too complacent and hope some average players like VDB or young inexperienced ones can immediately step up like Mejbri. We absolutely need to replace his creativity if he goes if we want to stay up there with the best, that is exactly how we beat all those small teams who can fluke some goal or two on their day but with Pogba Sancho, Greenwood, Bruno, Rashford etc... it's really hard to stop that many great players and goals will come and we will finally start rolling over the midtable teams and be more dominant against the big sides too.. Hopefully management realizes that..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

- inconsistent
So ‘attitude’ problem is not on your list?

He’s been said to have an attitude problem, ‘has to be the centre of attention’ and similar for many years, with little basis other than, I suspect, people assuming that should be the case based on what he looks like.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
To think that was one of Pogba's best games for United, while also wishing he "did that on a more consistent basis" is paradoxical.
He played today like he normally plays, magical sometimes, sloppy occasionally - just this time this passes were met with good finishes or a good first touch, that's not normally the case.

On another day;
- Bruno's first goal is saved by the keeper or his first touch is sloppy.
- Mason's shot goes wide
- Bruno's second goal gets cleared off the line
- Fred's shot goes way over the bar.

You get the idea.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The performance today just highlights how poor he was last year. No idea how he can produce that today and be a bag of poo for most of last season. He’s always been a top player but hasn’t shown it often enough. Let hope he continues like this for the rest of the season before he goes to PSG.
I suspect you were asleep for the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.