Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

MDFC Manager

Sure. However, the transfer fees in the history books may go down as 89m paid to Juve, but in our accounting books it'll be Juve+0.2Juve if the earlier news of us paying the 20% fee Riola is owed by Juvenuts had any truth in them.
Not disputing that, but nobody is talking about that 20% business anymore.

red thru&thru

People who say they would rather have a 23 year old Zidane than a 23 year old Pogba....your chatting s**t! How many of these guys remember him playing in France before he left for Juve?

When comparing players, especially retired ones, people will always compare the player in their hey day, rather than at the same stage of the player they are comparing them too.

How many would have had Becks above Zidane??? SAF did. And Zidane was a couple of years ahead too!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's been a lot said previously. But surely what should take precedence at this point in time is the latest reports: €105m + brokerage
But that 105m EUR is still in line with what was always said - 80m for Pogba and 20 to agent.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
All clubs disclose to football association fees paid to agents and third parties. None of those get counted in transfer fees. Yes obviously in the end it is a cost to club and Raiola's reported fee in this case is significantly higher than usual ones but if we have to compare say Bale's transfer to this, it will remain 100 vs 105.
Total cost of transfer can be a new metric which fans who are interested in such things should study. In Madrid's case, it should also include amount they must be paying to AS and Marca to drive club agenda.

swissgenius

This whole window was part of a "masterplan". Mourinhos agent Jorge Mendes clearly knew it would be difficult to get his major clients to United this summer given we weren't in the Champions League, so Jose, Jorge and Ed Woodward planned to target Mino Raiola's best clients this year to improve the squad and this will surely be followed by United signing Jorge Mendes' players in the next summer window.

Thats the window I cannot wait for. When Jorge Mendes drops a catalogue of all his players on Eds desk. Summer 2017 isngoing to be one that dreams are made of.

Great strategy boys. I salute you.
Really?! People already waiting for next summer to sign a few players?
I hope this season is a huge success and we don't have to buy a single player next year.

Our squad and staff is awesome right now, how about waiting a few games and give them a chance before calling for Griezmann etc?

MDFC Manager

But that 105m EUR is still in line with what was always said - 80m for Pogba and 20 to agent.
€105m to Juventus over 3 years is the key point. What they do with it and what contractual obligations they have with that money is not our concern.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
All clubs disclose to football association fees paid to agents and third parties. None of those get counted in transfer fees. Yes obviously in the end it is a cost to club and Raiola's reported fee in this case is significantly higher than usual ones but if we have to compare say Bale's transfer to this, it will remain 100 vs 105.
Total cost of transfer can be a new metric which fans who are interested in such things should study. In Madrid's case, it should also include amount they must be paying to AS and Marca to drive club agenda.
And that it took a legal case to resolve Neymar's and we still don't definitively know the full amount there. Likely, never will.

Matteh

Theres a Jet2 flight arriving from Nice at 1.30pm. I suppose we've got to watch the pennies now we've spent £145m on Pogba, right?

VanGaalEra

To summarise Di Marzio:

In these minutes the French midfielder is flying right into Manchester with a plane departed from Nice to 10.15. At 13.00 will support the medical tests, the first act of his second spell in Manchester. Juventus from the 'Red Devils' here is the 2.0 Pogba at United.
What a legend, Di Marzio doing half our work for us, telling us what flight he is on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
€105m to Juventus over 3 years is the key point. What they do with it and what contractual obligations they have with that money is not our concern.
I didn't say it was? All I'm saying is abnormal fees (20m worth) should not be ignored when looking at the price involved of bringing a player to the club.

Also, pretty much every big transfer fee involves staggered payments.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sure. However, the transfer fees in the history books may go down as 89m paid to Juve, but in our accounting books it'll be Juve+0.2Juve if the earlier news of us paying the 20% fee Riola is owed by Juvenuts had any truth in them.
You will never know, so it's best to just go by the official fee. And we don't know what portion of the 20% actually goes to Raiola, most of it is probably going to Pogba.

OldTrevil

47 odd posts of mine in this thread not wanting pogba to join United and against United spending so much money. Now that he will be a United player. I hope he shuts all the the people who were against this deal and helps United win major silverware and doesn't feck off to Madrid for his dream move in the next 3-4 years.

I hope Jose manages this guy and the team well now as we seem to have a lot of huge characters in the team. Jose has managed such players before. Hope everything works out of us.
Rumors #ASlies

Chip

To summarise Di Marzio:

In these minutes the French midfielder is flying right into Manchester with a plane departed from Nice to 10.15. At 13.00 will support the medical tests, the first act of his second spell in Manchester. Juventus from the 'Red Devils' here is the 2.0 Pogba at United.
:lol: Di Marzio is Kermit himself. Even flight tracking, what a muppet!

Wouldn't surprise me if he's in fact a member of the Caf. Maybe he's ehsanul - just trying to deflect attention with all the Real Madrid nonsense.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I agree. Most likely, they cant keep all that money but need to pay the agent etc. Not our concern though

MDFC Manager

I didn't say it was? All I'm saying is abnormal fees (20m worth) should not be ignored when looking at the price involved of bringing a player to the club.

Also, pretty much every big transfer fee involves staggered payments.
What abnormal fees are you talking about? We are paying Juventus a transfer amount of €105m. Why you're obfuscating further is beyond me. Any 20m fees paid to Raiola is to be done by Juventus, because of their (apparent) obligations.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What abnormal fees are you talking about? We are paying Juventus a transfer amount of €105m. Why you're obfuscating further is beyond me. Any 20m fees paid to Raiola is to be done by Juventus, because of their (apparent) obligations.
That's not what was reported by Di Marzio/other reputable journos. We apparently caved to pay the agent fees for them.

EDIT - I missed this article - so maybe some further info here? http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/...ogbas-transfer-to-manchester-united-released/

Doesn't load up at work though.

Quizierda

To summarise Di Marzio:

I've learned my lesson and will never question this beautiful man again! :drool:

Di Marzio you genius thank you for bringing the Pogba saga to us even though I'd always said that you know nothing and this deal won't happen. Let's forget this - it's PogBOOM time!! :D

OldTrevil

No the record books will have the total cost of his rights around 107m.

MDFC Manager

That's not what was reported by Di Marzio/other reputable journos. We apparently caved to pay the agent fees for them.
This isn't being reported anymore! Flat fee of 105m over 3 years is the money paid to Juventus.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This isn't being reported anymore! Flat fee of 105m over 3 years is the money paid to Juventus.
OK maybe something has changed (my impression is that we have paid agent fees to Raiola as part of this deal, but we'd need to wait for the details to release. If they ever do).

MDFC Manager

OK maybe something has changed (my impression is that we have paid agent fees to Raiola as part of this deal, but we'd need to wait for the details to release. If they ever do).
Your link says the fee breakdown will be released by Juventus later today (on confirmation of the transfer perhaps).