Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

ChaddyP

My whole enjoyment so far in this saga has to be watching rival fans cry. :lol:
I'm also enjoying the redcafe moaners cry and scamper for reasons why we shouldn't buy one of the best young mids in the world. highly entertaining aswel :lol:

Theatre of Screams

I'm also enjoying the redcafe moaners cry and scamper for reasons why we shouldn't buy one of the best young mids in the world. highly entertaining aswel :lol:
Hardly as clear cut as that, is it?

£100 million lay out on a player who has already left us once and would more than likely think nothing of it to do so again if/when Madrid come calling.

Xeno

75 millions Euro in 2001 is close to 100 million now, not taking into account the vast quantities of money now in the game, just inflation.
It was 1.6 Euro/Pound then, it's 1.2 now.
Plus Pogba is 8 years younger than Zidane.

AndyJ1985

£100 million lay out on a player who has already left us once and would more than likely think nothing of it to do so again if/when Madrid come calling.
The way some of you constantly worry about big bad Real Madrid coming in to take players we haven't even signed yet, is frankly quite pathetic.

Sparky10Legend

75 millions Euro in 2001 is close to 100 million now, not taking into account the vast quantities of money now in the game, just inflation.
It was 1.6 Euro/Pound then, it's 1.2 now.
Plus Pogba is 8 years younger than Zidane.

Wrong, ZZ was 29 when he went to Real.

kr0nix

The way some of you constantly worry about big bad Real Madrid coming in to take players we haven't even signed yet, is frankly quite pathetic.
If Madrid came calling we could easily demand 150M Euros due to our financial position. Better that than Madrid signing him directly from Juventus and we end up with nothing.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If Madrid came calling we could easily demand 150M Euros due to our financial position. Better that than Madrid signing him directly from Juventus and we end up with nothing.
Woah, since when were quotes within quotes a thing on the caf?

Turnbl

The things Madrid have left to say on the Pogba transfer will undoubtedly be fax related.

Theatre of Screams

Not worried at all about that shower, so pipe down.

He thought nothing to disrespect the club and leave 3 years ago, he'd think nothing of it in the future when he and his agent (yes I understand we've dealt with him extensively this season before you say anything) gets bored with his deal. We've seen how his agent has behaved with Dortmund. Maybe it will take Pogba and his representatives shitting on the club twice to realise things..

AndyJ1985

Indeed. I'd rather we had Pogba for 3-4 years and then sell him on for a profit than not have him at all. I find the mentality of "Oh we shouldn't sign X because he'll just piss off to Madrid in a few years" incredibly irritating and small time. We're Manchester United ffs, stop worrying about Real Madrid.

JohnnyKills

Still can't see this happening. Just because United have reached an agreement with Pogba/Juve doesn't mean another club can't come in and match it.

RM need to sign a marquee player every summer. Last year was a flop, their biggest signing was Kovacic if memory serves. Perez will be desperate to avoid two years without a big signing.

Like Barca, they've got to pay for a new stadium but sure Perez can *cough cough* call up his contacts and sort something out. They can probably get Pogba to go there for a far lower salary than United as well.

Would be happy to see him at United as it feels like we really let him slip through the net, but to be honest I reckon there are other players just as good as Pogba who'd cost far less.

Sparky10Legend

Ridiculously untrue! Where have you been when we've been unveiling a partner for every bloody aspect of the club known to man over the past couple of years, when our squad hasn't been great at all? We've even broke sponsorship records with Adidas and I believe Chevrolet too! Not to mention we have an official noodle partner :lol:

I agree with you in general, but clubs like United, Barca, Real are an exception to that.

I understand your point but you only have to look at the dippers to understand what I mean.

Chev/Adidas wouldn't have paid the the figures they did for 4, 5 and 7 place finishes imo.

Didn't the ceo of Adidas make"comments" last season about our football?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The vitriol with which opposition fans are criticising us over this proposed transfer is incredible.

ChaddyP

ugh this argument is so played out and rinsed and repeated over and over again it's like ground hog day. I can literally write a script of all particular responses that can be made on both sides as it's been done a thousand times just I'm this thread. I'm happy we are trying to get him back and I enjoy the moaners moan.. simple

kr0nix

The way some of you constantly worry about big bad Real Madrid coming in to take players we haven't even signed yet,
If Madrid came calling we could easily demand 150M Euros due to our financial position.
Woah, since when were quotes within quotes a thing on the caf?
Better that than Madrid signing him directly from Juventus and we end up with nothing.
is frankly quite pathetic.
You mean like this? @LennonNL

King Muppet (Jonno) reckons Pogba is 'coming home'

Drainy

He told everyone Pogba was leaving months before it was announced and says he is still mates with him and talks to Pogba weekly..

He definitely told a fib about Ronaldo to shift the odds and make money off it so, who knows if he's being truthful

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I don't see this as a relevant point. Clearly if it were, the club wouldn't buy him, Mourinho wouldn't want him, and we would set our sights on other targets. That doesn't however appear to be the case. We want Pogba, who let's face it is only 23, is still improving and about to enter the best years of his career. This is a player every club with any amount on ambition to be the best should want, and we do.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I understand your point but you only have to look at the dippers to understand what I mean.

Chev/Adidas wouldn't have paid the the figures they did for 4, 5 and 7 place finishes imo.

Didn't the ceo of Adidas make"comments" last season about our football?
Chevrolet starting sponsoring us after we finished 7th and Adidas after we finished 4th...?

Dippers have some decent deals with New Balance and those terrible Nivea adverts for example, but the truth is they're no where near as big a club/brand as United. No where near.

Like you said, if we're consistently finishing outside of the top 4 then we might be in trouble, but regardless we've secured some of the best deals the club has ever had since Fergie left, and you know what state the teams been in since then!

pascell

Their Pogba thread is hilarious. It is basically them scrabbling around for reasons why Pogba wouldn't want to leave them and why he wouldn't want to go to United.

I hope he leaves, even if he goes to Madrid, just to see the fallout there.
They seem to have a severe dislike for United fans too, not quite sure why.

I agree the comments are a tad RAWKish in that thread, still funny though.

baanke laal

banned
That Juve forum is copying a lot of posts from here and collectively laughing at us for believing Pogba could be a Manchester United next season. :D

Theatre of Screams

ugh this argument is so played out and rinsed and repeated over and over again it's like ground hog day. I can literally write a script of all particular responses that can be made on both sides as it's been done a thousand times just I'm this thread. I'm happy we are trying to get him back and I enjoy the moaners moan.. simple
And I'm sure you'd be one of the first to criticise and want him dropped when he's languidly jogging about the pitch.

Lostie007

Pogba is coming home lads. Forget about money, enjoy it for what it is. Muppet transfer season. They'll be time to moan during the season no doubt.

I'm impressed with him, he can be our Yaya Toure. Very powerful, a beast, will drive us forward but also is a good tackler if Jose choice to play him in the holding Makelele role just sweeping things up for Jones and Smals to have a bit of extra security and confidence to play the ball from the back.

We mean business.

Theatre of Screams

He told everyone Pogba was leaving months before it was announced and says he is still mates with him and talks to Pogba weekly..

He definitely told a fib about Ronaldo to shift the odds and make money off it so, who knows if he's being truthful
Off to PSG then?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Chevrolet starting sponsoring us after we finished 7th and Adidas after we finished 4th...?

Dippers have some decent deals with New Balance and those terrible Nivea adverts for example, but the truth is they're no where near as big a club/brand as United. No where near.

Like you said, if we're consistently finishing outside of the top 4 then we might be in trouble, but regardless we've secured some of the best deals the club has ever had since Fergie left, and you know what state the teams been in since then!
They did but like Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona all went through weak spells in the 90s and 2000s, sponsors expected United to have only a short blip away from the top. An extended period of time out of top 4 will hurt us.

ChaddyP

And I'm sure you'd be one of the first to criticise and want him dropped when he's languidly jogging about the pitch.
what a waste of your very limited amount of posting. if anyone is not giving their all, be it Rooney Mkhitaryan rashford I would criticise. fecks that gotta do with anything

baanke laal

banned

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I don't get how we have to wait till after the euros to talk to a club, but we talk to a player that is actually playing the tournament.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't get how we have to wait till after the euros to talk to a club, but we talk to a player that is actually playing the tournament.
Presumably we are in dialogue with the agent, which is as good as talking to the player.

Crimson King

That Juve forum is copying a lot of posts from here and collectively laughing at us for believing Pogba could be a Manchester United next season. :D
He's already been a United player once so it's hardly in the realms of fantasy.

I personally think his agent would like to see him go to United, so there's the possibility of another big move later on. What will probably actually happen is that he'll go to Madrid now, or stay 1 more season at Juve, then move to Madrid after a whole lot of media furore again, except it'll probably be City or Chelsea fans wetting themselves at the thought of signing him, only to be left with soiled underpants.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get him, just very skeptical right now.

Theatre of Screams

what a waste of your very limited amount of posting. if anyone is not giving their all, be it Rooney Mkhitaryan rashford I would criticise. fecks that gotta do with anything
I apologise for not revolving my world around the 10 posts a day I am so privileged to get in the mains.

There's always tomorrow..

joedirt87

If is going to happen I think it's got to be right after the euros. Mou said he wanted the big 4 in early. Personal terms rumored to be agreed so now it's United throwing the 100 million pounds at Juve and Pogba/Raiola pushing the move. The longer it goes the less likely the move to United