Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why do opposition fans care so much what we were spend on the players?

It's not like we are Leeds United throwing money around without a plan. We actually have a former investment banker in charge of us. Having worked in a bank myself,you simply don't make this kind of big investments without a lot of feasibility studies.

This same bunch was cheering on as Madrid signed Ronaldo for 80 mil which has played a huge part in this football inflation we are now. They were mocking us for overspending on Martial. Look how that turned out.
Because we are inflating the market.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Lovely to watch Glaston trying to convince himself that us spending anything will be our downfall, and it's so sweet to see how much he cares about our finances. Looking at his insight into our finances, maybe he should be councelling our board and financial department, as he might warn them that spending more on a player than his entire club is worth will destroy our club.
Glaston is best ignored.

His obsession with finances goes beyond rationality. If it's not him criticizing our spending,it's him going on about how Spurs new stadium will make them financial superpowers

He compensates for a lack of silverware by shifting any discussion to numbers or made up future scenarios (That always turn out so well for Spurs and so badly for us)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why didnt they care when everyone else was?

Like Madrid for example. They loved the Ronaldo sale .
Ronaldo was the 2nd best player in the world, coming off the back of a 42 goal season playing on the Right Wing and he was still £20m less.

kps88

Why didnt they care when everyone else was?

Like Madrid for example. They loved the Ronaldo sale .
I don't think one of the best two players in the world at the time going for 80m was that outrageous.

cyberman

What have the "Alli's" and "Dier's" of this world achieved? A 3rd place finish in the league? A place in an England team that could not beat Iceland?

Yes, they are good players but comparing them to a guy who has won multiple league and cup titles. Won titles in his international youth teams. Winning personal accolades. Reaching international finals (may even win it). Reaching the CL final.

Gladston even said Alli has more drive and passion, or whatever he said, than Pogba. You don't win the things Pogba has by not having the right attitude. You are rather deluded on this matter.
Ignore Glaston. When he questions if a player with a mancunian accent would settle in England then you know there's no arguing with him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Because we are inflating the market.
That's rich considering it was the Chelsea's and cities of this world that caused the inflation to begin with, we either follow the trend or accept that we can't compete and I know where I'd rather be.

The BlackGaijin

100 m is a lot but its worth it. Kane has been quouted as a 60-80m player. Fecking Harry Kane!!! If Kane costs anything more than 35, then Yes Pogba is worth 100m or maybe more.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bale's wasnt though, and he went for a world record fee. Which coincidentally was charged by the club of the biggest critic of this deal over the last few pages.

Wasnt that inflating the market?
Bale at the time was in the top 3 wingers in the world (FWIW I still think he is). Aside from the fact that wingers/strikers command higher transfer fees than central midfielders as the norm, he was still cheaper than what we are supposedly bidding for Pogba.

That's rich considering it was the Chelsea's and cities of this world that caused the inflation to begin with, we either follow the trend or accept that we can't compete and I know where I'd rather be.
Yeah, they did, but never as much as we are planning to with Pogba. We broke the british transfer record with Di Maria, and we will look to almost double that with Pogba. Its nuts.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
To be honest - why the feck is there so much buzz with Matuidi and Pogba right now?

I'd be fuming if I were Deschamps. You are in a Euro final. Focus, ffs.

TrustInJanuzaj

Bale at the time was in the top 3 wingers in the world (FWIW I still think he is). Aside from the fact that wingers/strikers command higher transfer fees than central midfielders as the norm, he was still cheaper than what we are supposedly bidding for Pogba.

Yeah, they did, but never as much as we are planning to with Pogba. We broke the british transfer record with Di Maria, and we will look to almost double that with Pogba. Its nuts.
£50 million for a bang average player in sterling says otherwise. As does £40 or 50 million on mangala. At least Pogba is a genuine world class player unlike those players. Just because the figure is higher doesn't mean we are doing more damage to the market than was done before because we wouldn't be in this situation without the sugar daddies in the first place.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
£50 million for a bang average player in sterling says otherwise. As does £40 or 50 million on mangala. At least Pogba is a genuine world class player unlike those players. Just because the figure is higher doesn't mean we are doing more damage to the market than was done before because we wouldn't be in this situation without the sugar daddies in the first place.
You cant vindicate £100m on Pogba by pointing to slapdash spending by other clubs (just City in this example).

I posted before that in fairness, Pogba is certainly twice the player Sterling is. But Sterling was never worth £50m in the first place, so its a flawed argument. He was a brainfart of a transfer. Pogba won't be the same but for £100m I'd rather see us get Griezmann alone.

Mike09

Ronaldo was the 2nd best player in the world, coming off the back of a 42 goal season playing on the Right Wing and he was still £20m less.
The money is indeed nuts but it is potentially to be worthy. Pogba is one of the best centre mid alongside Modric and Iniesta. He is also named in a Fifa best XI in 2015. Still young and a big candidate to win balloon d'or in a next generation alongside Neymar and Bale.
If you want the best then dare to pay a lot. And also Ferguson said we sold Ronaldo too cheap, he regret it and he thought he should have sold him with more money and that time was 2009 not 2016.

cyberman

You cant vindicate £100m on Pogba by pointing to slapdash spending by other clubs (just City in this example).

I posted before that in fairness, Pogba is certainly twice the player Sterling is. But Sterling was never worth £50m in the first place, so its a flawed argument. He was a brainfart of a transfer. Pogba won't be the same but for £100m I'd rather see us get Griezmann alone.
So why can other clubs point to United for inflating the market but we can't point to them for doing the exact same thing?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The money is indeed nuts but it is potentially to be worthy. Pogba is one of the best centre mid alongside Modric and Iniesta. He is also named in a Fifa best XI in 2015. Still young and a big candidate to win balloon d'or in a next generation alongside Neymar and Bale.
If you want the best then dare to pay a lot. And also Ferguson said we sold Ronaldo too cheap, he regret it and he thought he should have sold him with more money and that time was 2009 not 2016.
Ronaldo had the ability to single handedly win games, even if the midfield was non existent. Pogba cannot do the same. He is a major presence in the middle of the park & a technically brilliant signing, but his value added is never in line with the same market value as the flamboyant wingers/strikers.

Its a bit like when Messi won the Ballon d'or (I forgot the year), and he shook his head during nominations and pointed to Iniesta as the main provider. Iniesta is/was a genius, but if you took his market value it wouldn't reach the same as Messi's.

Its the same when you compare two slightly lesser players in Pogba and Ronaldo in transfer valuations.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So why can other clubs point to United for inflating the market but we can't point to them for doing the exact same thing?
I'm not saying we are the sole reason the market is inflated. My point is we are further inflating it by bidding £100m for Pogba. That's £40m more than the Premier League record. No other club has come close to that.

cyberman

I'm not saying we are the sole reason the market is inflated. My point is we are further inflating it by bidding £100m for Pogba. That's £40m more than the Premier League record. No other club has come close to that.
The Premier League also doesn't have a history of going head to head with Real Madrid for an established star and coming out on top.

Mike09

I think you underrated Pogba if you think Pogba is only twice of Sterling. Sterling is just a decent young player for his age with potential to be top player in EPL. £50m is never be his price and will never be worthy even according to his potential so I don't know what Man City was thinking at that time.

But Pogba is already proven in the world, world class even though he is still young and has potential way bigger than becoming a top player in EPL. Pogba has potential to win balloon d'or. So calling him twice of Sterling is nowhere near accurate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Premier League also doesn't have a history of going head to head with Real Madrid for an established star and coming out on top.
Not sure why that means we should bid £100m on Pogba? Outbid real because he wants to go there? Seems odd.

I think you underrated Pogba if you think Pogba is only twice of Sterling. Sterling is just a decent young player for his age with potential to be top player in EPL. £50m is never be his price and will never be worthy even according to his potential so I don't know what Man City was thinking at that time.

But Pogba is already proven in the world, world class even though he is still young and has potential way bigger than becoming a top player in EPL. Pogba has potential to win balloon d'or. So calling him twice of Sterling is nowhere near accurate.
I was talking about digesting the £100m transfer fee if you justified it with the "Sterling costs £50m so £100m on Pogba is fine" approach.

TrustInJanuzaj

My prediction is that the £100 million fee will look like change in 5 years time

Womp

idiot
To be honest - why the feck is there so much buzz with Matuidi and Pogba right now?

I'd be fuming if I were Deschamps. You are in a Euro final. Focus, ffs.
This. Leaks seem to be constant, would have preferred if we started making some noise after the Euros but then we could risk missing out as it seems we're ahead of Madrid, so who knows.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If I am not mistaken Glaston has valued Kane at £60-80m here earlier. If that sloppy jawed cnut is worth that Poggers is worth £150.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
People said the Ronaldo deal was a lot at the time, yet in retrospect it looks an absolute steal. I'm not saying the same will happen to Pogba, but there's a decent chance the rest of the market will catch up within a few years.

cyberman

Not sure why that means we should bid £100m on Pogba? Outbid real because he wants to go there? Seems odd.
How else could we get him? Bid less than Madrid?
Madrid have a front 4 that all wanted to play for them, dreamed about it.
Bale / Ronaldo / James / Benzema. All 4 cost over 300m euros.
That's the club we are competing with. Add in Juve who doesn't want to sell so that jacks up tbe price so we are where we are.
Stones for 50m is inflating the market. 100m for a recently turned 23 yo who has won 4 league titles in a row and playing out of position in a discliplined role for France who are favourites to win the Euros (and playing it well) is not.

Taxx

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm getting sick at how much attention Glaston is getting. He always winds you guys up and you spend so much time defending his 'attacks'. I realize sometimes there is a debate in there, and that's fine and good, but I really want to read about Pogba, not the WUM Glaston. Thanks.

ti vu

@VP89 are you getting tired? You made a thread asking would spending 120 mil on more players combined together better. The suggesting Griezman Kante and Draxler. People already explained how inflating this market is, buying more players who play differently can't solve the tactical requirement, Griezman is now as expensive as Pogba but is a #9 and 1/2...

If we don't sign Pogba, you can hold a party. If we do please change club if you are so upset. For now please give something more interesting to talk about than just repeating your opinion at you don't think Pogba is worth the money in many post in the same pages and many different thread.

Gladston's argument is original and funnier than your generic repeating opinion. Wasting time rolling down thread to read something new.

Godfather

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'm getting sick at how much attention Glaston is getting. He always winds you guys up and you spend so much time defending his 'attacks'. I realize sometimes there is a debate in there, and that's fine and good, but I really want to read about Pogba, not the WUM Glaston. Thanks.
He destroys every thread with his constant wumming. Ppl fall for it every time.

Grib

Jesus vp, talk about a man on a mission

Why are arguing with everyone that clearly doesn't care about the supposed inflation of markets

Everyone why are you arguing with vp when all he cares about is not spending this sum of money because it might cause fees to go up

He's not Woodward so all okay, and besides inflation happens, so no fecks really, more money in the game more spent. Legit right?

Mike09

Ronaldo had the ability to single handedly win games, even if the midfield was non existent. Pogba cannot do the same. He is a major presence in the middle of the park & a technically brilliant signing, but his value added is never in line with the same market value as the flamboyant wingers/strikers.

Its a bit like when Messi won the Ballon d'or (I forgot the year), and he shook his head during nominations and pointed to Iniesta as the main provider. Iniesta is/was a genius, but if you took his market value it wouldn't reach the same as Messi's.

Its the same when you compare two slightly lesser players in Pogba and Ronaldo in transfer valuations.
You are underpriced the market of Messi and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo at £80m was considered to be cheap by Sir Alex Ferguson. I actually think it was too cheap considered how big the impact he has done to Madrid, £80m was too bargain for him. And that was 7 years ago. Imagine how much Ronaldo will cost in 2016 market at the same age and prime at that time? £200m for minimum I must say. That is less than what we offered on Pogba.

There are many aspect you can describe a player as match winner. It's not only in term of goals. Keeper like De Gea is considered to be a match winner for us. Although GK and defenders at the very best or highest probably worth £50-£60m but centre mid like Pogba will worth £85-£90m at the very highest IMO. But to beat Real Madrid I guess paying extra £15m or £10m is worthy.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I actually think we want to spend the £100m. It's like ed is whipping his cock out to the rest of the league and it's 2 foot long, just to say "feck you, you can't compete with us financially, even with your sugar daddies".

Sport Witness: Guy who interviewed Pogba helped out with the article listed in the next threadmark

WPMUFC

Sport witness

Just noticed something quite interesting on the Pogba claim. Ok, Thursday's L'Equipe published an interview with Pogba, he'd spoken to Damien Degorre. Today's article is credited to 'H.De (avec D.D.)' Meaning DD helped out, who it has be assumed is Damien Degorre, suggesting this may be as well sourced as it gets.

Geordopolous

If I am not mistaken Glaston has valued Kane at £60-80m here earlier. If that sloppy jawed cnut is worth that Poggers is worth £150.
Well Kane has been topping the scoring for the last couple of seasons and he's very young so you can understand it. 60 mil is probably right but not 80 mil. Plus he's English so yeah they get overpriced