Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

mbb8

You know Rooney will play though right?
Nope. Jose will see that Ibra is a better striker, and Pogba + another midfielder offer more than Rooney as a #10.

His #10s have been Sneijder, Ozil, and Oscar. Rooney is nowhere close to those three as a pure #10

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nope. Jose will see that Ibra is a better striker, and Pogba + another midfielder offer more than Rooney as a #10.

His #10s have been Sneijder, Ozil, and Oscar. Rooney is nowhere close to those three as a pure #10
He will be playing

RetroStu

You've got it completely backwards. No way do Juve turn down the money and/or stand in his way. The issue is convincing him to give up his dream move to Madrid in favour of us.
Well supposedly he has already agreed terms with us. Plus loads of stories about telling his team mates he's joining us etc. If Juve accept our offer, he's ours.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
You can laugh but this is quite possible. They are all about presenting themselves as the go to club and the club that will throw their money at targets, so this is going to sting.
Nah, I'm not that blinkered to admit that if Real were matching our offer pound for pound, he'd choose them over us.

clarkydaz

so its us or stay put. If he were to stay then surely Juventus would have to offer him better terms after our insane financial package? That or take 100m...hmmm

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Well, I never thought I'd see the day that Real had to bow to our financial might. Amazing. Not usually one for hyperbole but this may well signify the beginning of the end of La Liga's stranglehold over the best talent. And the beginning of the end of our very existence as a species.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Schneiderlin Matuidi
Mhik Pogba Martial
Zlatan​
Schneiderlin
Pogba - Herrera

or
Pogba - Schneiderlin
Wouldn't be surprised to see carrick there a lot.

I agree but I think he will play under Jose.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Don't think there is place for Rooney in first XI if Pogba comes. Not in midfield, not in attack, not on the wings.

That said, maybe we'll play 4-3-3 with Rooney and Pogba as b2b/AM. Would rather see Herrera in his place though.

Petr1

Juventus have been in this situation before with Zidane and they know that noone is irreplacable, especially not for them as they are good at getting the right people in. I dont have the numbers but even if they are well beyond financially secure 100M will be too good to turn down.

Devil81

Bailly... I'm feeling movement
Ibra... I've got a semi
Mkihtaryn.... It's a full blown stonker
Pogba....... Someone better go out and buy me some tissues as I'm about to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RetroStu

[/QUOTE]
no way Rooney plays if we buy Pogba.

We have to play a three man midfield to get the best out of Pogba. He isn't nearly as effective playing deep. He needs to be more free. I think of him as a box-to-box #10. Not as high up as a #10, nor as deep as a box-to-box.
I love it when people keep saying this. You are all going to be butthurt when the season starts, i'm going to love it as well.:lol:

PepsiCola

He will be playing
He won't and it will be glorious :drool:
Pogba means 433 imho, playing 451 would limit Pogba. There would be no place for Rooney in a 433, as Mourinho has said himself hed only play as a 10 or 9. I don't see him getting game time upfront when we have Ibra and Rashford, both better players.

mbb8

Ibra... I've got a semi
Pogba....... Someone better go out and buy me some tissues as I'm about to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek: u nasty.

mbb8

Pogba means 433 imho, playing 451 would limit Pogba. There would be no place for Rooney in a 433, as Mourinho has said himself hed only play as a 10 or 9. I don't see him getting game time upfront when we have Ibra and Rashford, both better players.
that stupid mega contract we gave him is going to make it impossible to move him. feck.

Classical Mechanic

Juventus have been in this situation before with Zidane and they know that noone is irreplacable, especially not for them as they are good at getting the right people in. I dont have the numbers but even if they are well beyond financially secure 100M will be too good to turn down.
Juventus are a selling club anyway if the offer is big enough. Last year the board were full of pride that they made only made a small loss of £7m or so. Their average attendance is less than 40,000 and the Italian economy is on its arse. They might not have to sell to survive but know that turning down that kind of money for Pogba is just not sensible for them.

reddevil702

Rooney will start but Mou will drop him if he plays like shit. The days of Rooney being guaranteed a spot are over!!!

Hans Moleman

Well supposedly he has already agreed terms with us. Plus loads of stories about telling his team mates he's joining us etc. If Juve accept our offer, he's ours.
We've agreed terms with his agent on what would be an acceptable wage. That doesn't mean Pogba himself has agreed to the move.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Ibra... I've got a semi
:lol: ffs

mbb8

We've agreed terms with his agent on what would be an acceptable wage. That doesn't mean Pogba himself has agreed to the move.
hm, how could Pogba stay ignorant of all this craziness?
If he wasn't interested in coming, he'd have ended this already.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm willing to bet that at least to begin with Mourinho goes with a 4-5-1 like this.

Pogba----Schniderlin
------Rooney--------

He's already said that Rooney has a special gift for scoring goals so he won't play as a CM and will instead play 9 and 10. I personally think Rooney will flourish in that midfield and will become a real favourite for Mourinho because quite frankly he's a far better play than this forum makes out. If he doesnt perform then that's the only way that Rooney will get dropped but that won't be before Rooney has had a fair chance to find his form.

Devil81

Anyone that thinks Juventus want to keep him with 100 million the table is mad, they will be saving face with the fans. 100% Juventus have played this transfer to perfection, last summer he would have gone for half the amount.

We're gonna look like absolute mugs buying him back for such a huge figure, but who gives a damn, we're gonna be a beast of a team over the next few years if we buy him back.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I think in situations like this is the only time I care about the money spent. It'd be embarrassing as feck if we spend €100m on him and he doesn't live up to expectations, which is entirely possible if he's not used right, especially considering we let him go for free.

We'll see anyway. At the moment I'd say he's the perfect midfielder we've been looking for.

TrustInJanuzaj

Then I don't want Pogba.
Then that makes zero sense, Rooney will 100% be playing number 10 and its fantasy to think otherwise. Pogba could be excellent as the number 8 behind him, just because he doesn't do that at Juve doesn't mean he isn't capable. Pogba is frankly good enough to play any midfield position to a world class level.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Anyone that thinks Juventus want to keep him with 100 million the table is mad, they will be saving face with the fans. 100% Juventus have played this transfer to perfection, last summer he would have gone for half the amount.

We're gonna look like absolute mugs buying him back for such a huge figure, but who gives a damn, we're gonna be a beast of a team over the next few years if we buy him back.
That's debateable. They don't want to sell the player but I think they would have a figure in mind based on the probability that prices are going up. He's 3 years younger then Bale. Under no pressure to sell, I seriously doubt they would have sold him for 50 million.

Lostie007

What a confidence boost for the £100M lad ahead of the final tonight

He has that swagger/confidence/arrogance to handle the pressure too. That use to be Ronaldo but now it's all about Paul Pogba !!

mbb8

Then that makes zero sense, Rooney will 100% be playing number 10 and its fantasy to think otherwise. Pogba could be excellent as the number 8 behind him, just because he doesn't do that at Juve doesn't mean he isn't capable. Pogba is frankly good enough to play any midfield position to a world class level.
Euro have proved to the contrary. He's only been remotely effective when he pushes up. The deeper he plays, he less effective he gets.

WPMUFC

Finally, we don't have to end every pogba post with "but he'll probably go to madrid". If we combine Di Marzio L'equipe and now Andy Burton stories, we are obviously right in the mix to re-sign pogba. The only issue now is a stubborn Juve, and I think that is going to be one hell of an issue.

RetroStu

Its not the 1960's anymore, technology exists today for people to keep in touch with each other without being in the same room.

PepsiCola

I'm willing to bet that at least to begin with Mourinho goes with a 4-5-1 like this.

Pogba----Schniderlin
------Rooney--------

He's already said that Rooney has a special gift for scoring goals so he won't play as a CM and will instead play 9 and 10. I personally think Rooney will flourish in that midfield and will become a real favourite for Mourinho because quite frankly he's a far better play than this forum makes out. If he doesnt perform then that's the only way that Rooney will get dropped but that won't be before Rooney has had a fair chance to find his form.
You don't sign a £100mil player and limit him just for the benefit of Wayne Rooney :confused:

Mourinho is the last manager I'd expect to do this. And no, Rooney is a much worse player than people on this forum will try and make people believe. If given a chance I'm certain he will fail to perform outside a few instances his supporters will cling onto. He has shown throughout his career he can't be relied upon for an entire season, and his wages are astronomical to be a squad player. As someone's said Pogba would be on less wages than Rooney, despite being the most expensive player in the world!

Rooneys days are numbered.

On topic though, feels good beating Madrid to a player. Woodward you beautiful man.