Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Stretch

Premium Sport (MediaSet) are saying that Juve are moving for Witsel and accelerating the move within the next 24 to 48 hours as the Zenit president want to sell Witsel to Everton

Di Marzio said this morning that Witsel is a Juve target to replace Pogba

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"Same situation" done deal for the last fortnight and Juve are spending the cash first. It's so bloody obvious.

LonelyFire

Delaney is a shite talker too. All the above has been reported but by known bullshiters and he even contradicts himself like a the idiot he is. "Additional 20m not prohibitive" then then next thing he says are "United are reluctant to pay" Well which fecking one is it?

Would rather join Madrid. Only ones spouting that line have been Spanish league journos, Ballague, AS and Madrid's mouthpiece Marca
Delaney is not necessarily a shite talker - there are far worse.

There is nothing wrong with he's saying about the 20m - of course Utd have the means (i.e. not prohibitive) but dont necessarily want to pay it all solely. It doesnt need to be one or the other.

As for Madrid - if Madrid were willing to pay the money, i think most would agree he would be going there so its not a reach to suggest he would rather join them.

JustinC00

Also if he is "Happy to join United but would rather Madrid" Do we really want him here? Would he not be kicking up a fuss to move at around 27/28?
Why do people keep acting like this is at all true? This originated from Ballague which then AS and Marca ran with it, all Spanish league biased cnuts. Ballague was on tv and radio basically throwing his toys out of the parm because Madrid can't match what we will pay.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I personally don't think we're going to mould Pogba into Carrick's successor. I have a niggling suspicion we're going to sign a Matuidi type anyway and maybe pair him with Schneiderlin in the anchor.

I still think Pogba's long term future is in a more advanced role, or at the very least the most advanced of a midfield 3.
Oh right, yeah. That's what I think too. I must have misinterpreted your post. Sorry about that.

FrenchRed

I'd have more respect for Ed if he pulled the plug on the deal now. All of this up to now does not make me think that Pogba really wants to come to us, and it'll just be hassle a few years down the line when he or his agent make noises to move to Madrid.

LonelyFire

He is our primary target. Obviously you have back ups if plan A doesnt go work out but it will though.
You dont know that. If it happens, great. If not then it wont have been for a lack of trying.

Not one person on here knows with any degree of certainty what will happen.

Red Bug

You dont know that. If it happens, great. If not then it wont have been for a lack of trying.

Not one person on here knows with any degree of certainty what will happen.
That applies to the media too. I'd wager that only Pogba, Raiola, Woodward, The Glazers, Moratti, Jose and Allegri are 100% in the know. Everyone else is just piecing stuff together or completely making up stories.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

If Juve won't accept €120m and pay Raiola his share from that amount, then they can feck off.

There is a limit imo.

JustinC00

There is nothing wrong with he's saying about the 20m - of course Utd have the means (i.e. not prohibitive) but dont necessarily want to pay it all solely. It doesnt need to be one or the other.

As for Madrid - if Madrid were willing to pay the money, i think most would agree he would be going there so its not a reach to suggest he would rather join them.
This he is absolutely shite talking because it's stuff we've already seen and from people that are also shite talkers.

Yes there is. The 20m isn't prohibitive yet we are reluctant to pay it. You can't get really anymore contradictive than that other than that we are flatout refusing to pay it. If Juventus are gonna be cnuts about an agreement they made with Raiola and we really want him then there is no choice but to pay it.

If Pogba wanted to join Madrid as much as people are making it out to he would hand in his transfer request and tell Juventus or he would have told us that he wasn't interested in a move back to United.

mu4c_20le

ESPN won't know much before other journos, they have not been front runners at all during this saga.

MiamiSpartan

I agree. Delaney is just regurgitating what other reports have said over the last few days. No new info, and I don't even think that it's him confirming info from his own sources.

For example, this repeated claim about Pogba preferring Madrid. There is no quote from him about that, only reports--really just speculation--that has then been repeated enough that people take it is a fact, some even exaggerating it to the point where they think he's desperate for Madrid and doesn't want to come here at all. Sure, we can speculate on that. After all, they're defending CL champions, they have one of his footballing heroes as manager (for now), and they're overall in a stronger position than us. But that doesn't mean that's the only place he wants to play. I'd prefer a Lamborghini, but I'd still be pretty fecking happy if someone gave me a Ferrari instead, and I wouldn't be driving that Ferrari around longingly dreaming of some day having someone give me a Lamborghini to replace it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Delaney is a classic ''pretend I'm in the loop by using informative language'' but doesn't say anything we don't already know.

ChaddyP

If Juve won't accept €120m and pay Raiola his share from that amount, then they can feck off.

There is a limit imo.
I think it's at a point of who will blink first. Juve or Us. Either way someone will eventually blink and pay the pizza man his tip

GazTheLegend

BBC have confirmed Higuain > Juve

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36874091

I'm not sure it's a good thing that they've bought Higuain before we got Pogba.
Depends on how you define a "good thing".

I am now 100% -certain- that they've sold Paul Pogba, else there's literally no way they'd be able to fund a move like this. They're not that rich.

the only question is whether it's to us or to Madrid, and for how much. I expect that it's to us.

TheLoveless

He is not staying at Juve, that much is pretty clear unless they decide to cash in on Bonucci. No way will they spend that much on a striker like Higuain otherwise. It's either us or Real for Pogba next season, most probably us.
So much of the blame over the agent fee seems to be falling on United for not paying it and/or Raiola for wanting it. But it's Juve are contracted to pay the 20% to Raiola, so they keep trying to up the required fee to cover it. Some papers keep saying that United has to work out the fee with Raiola, but if that were the case then Raiola wouldn't be reportedly meeting with Juve today. It really seems that Juve has been jerking us around, upping the fees every time we come close to agreeing. If we put together the various reports of the last week or so.....

United offer 100m Euros. Juve say it needs to be 120m.
United then offer 110m Euros + 10m bonuses. Juve says it needs to be 120m without bonuses.
United finally give in and offer 120m. Juve says, "Well, you agreed to that rather easily, so, umm, what we meant was 120m net to us after agent fees, so it's really 145m that you need pay."

United would seem to be rightly angered, and after getting yanked around like this, I wouldn't blame United for telling them to get lost. And maybe that is what it might take to conclude the deal one way or another. United may need to be truly willing to walk away in order to force Juve to decide if they can leave all that money on the table. If you're not willing to walk away from a deal, and the other side knows this, then you're going to get screwed on the price.
Nothing to be angry about. Just leave the table and buy someone else.

Stringer

There does have to be a point where we tell them to take it or leave it. Can't keep offering more and more money as it may have a knock on effect when it comes to future transfers

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I'm not arsed about the actual cost of Pogba but Juve can get fecked if they're expecting us to pay Raiola's %. That would be mental.

Luke Parker

I'd have more respect for Ed if he pulled the plug on the deal now. All of this up to now does not make me think that Pogba really wants to come to us, and it'll just be hassle a few years down the line when he or his agent make noises to move to Madrid.
He has to be prepared to walk away, otherwise Juve will keep bending us over.

It has nothing to do with Pogba, this is the respective parties negotiating teams and the agent. Pogba has agreed personal terms by all accounts.

Red Bug

BBC have confirmed Higuain > Juve

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36874091

I'm not sure it's a good thing that they've bought Higuain before we got Pogba.
Yes that's my thoughts. If I was Moratta, I would have sold Pogba as quickly as possible, told the fans and then bring in Higuain the day after and announce it.

The way it's all panning out has me feeling a little suspicious.

imamuppet

** repeat **

All based on the assumption that the following information is correct.

1/ Raiola + Juventus have a contract stating that Juventus have obligation to pay a 20% fee of any future transfer of Pogba.
2/ After preliminary agreement on fee between Man Utd and Juve, Juve then insist Man Utd pay agents fee

This is how it should be done.

1/ Man Utd in coordination with Raiola should have a legal binding document between themselves stating that both parties are in acknowledgement that Juve are essentially blackmailing Man Utd by attempting to invalidate the contract between Raiola and Juve re 20% fee.
2/ Man Utd should pay the agreed fee to Juventus and Raiola's 20% fee
3/ Use the legally binding document made between Man Utd + Raiola to sue the feck out of Juventus.
4/ Make sure that the legal case is dragged out in the public domain using ALL means neccessary to make it clear what type of underhanded club Juventus are and in the process destroying all notion of the 'romance' that the name Juventus once had.
5/ After winning the legal case against Juventus make it clear that Man Utd stand for freedom, honesty and integrity

And finally

Feck Juventus

** EDIT **
Oh and please have pity on a fellow n00b muppet, redcafe member and help me to the realms of manhood

mu4c_20le

We all know what happened the last time Juventus smashed their own transfer record. S Stay calm muppets, a few more days at most.