Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Eddy_JukeZ

This is going to be announced tomorrow, I can feel that this is exactly how Adidas would have planned it. Announce it tomorrow and make a big show of Pogba coming to Manchester on Saturday and then the camera repeatedly panning out to him as he watches the Community Shield from the stands.
Maybe. I'm going with Monday.

RedStarUnited

As exciting as it'll be to have it official and to see him in our shirt, it's truly anti-climactic at this point. Too many daily twitter updates, too many "in the next 48 hours" (every 48 hours for the last few weeks). This is what happens when transfer muppets become self-aware, and transfer threads go meta.
Said this the other day and someone said its cos we have been following it too closely.

Adcuth

So did we not figure out who got out of the budgie and into the people carrier then? There was even a pic of the people carrier on twitter with what looked like security around it.

Kearnkoff69

Said this the other day and someone said its cos we have been following it too closely.
Definitely. I haven't even been in this thread that often, but having heard the Di Marzio updates from a couple weeks back ("it could be done in the next 48 hours") in my mind I thought, "great, I can't wait to see him in training and get on the pitch!" It's hard to revert to the "when is he signing" mentality once you've started to think about the actual football side of things (for me, at least).

Chip

Hard to believe that Di Marzio is getting so much shit in this thread even though he has maintained that this is happening for a long time now, obviously it's impossible to know the exact timings of such a huge deal but if this deal happens then Di Marzio will be the undisputed transfer king imo.
But really, it should be Duncan Castles ;)

RedStarUnited

Definitely. I haven't even been in this thread that often, but having heard the Di Marzio updates from a couple weeks back ("it could be done in the next 48 hours") in my mind I thought, "great, I can't wait to see him in training and get on the pitch!" It's hard to revert to the "when is he signing" mentality once you've started to think about the actual football side of things (for me, at least).
For sure the feeling is lost. And thing is, even without this thread this saga is all over social media. Very hard not to follow it.

Jaybomb

I don't think I'll ever despise a player as much as Paul Pogba if this deal doesn't actually go through.

zain

Believe
This is going to be announced tomorrow, I can feel that this is exactly how Adidas would have planned it. Announce it tomorrow and make a big show of Pogba coming to Manchester on Saturday and then the camera repeatedly panning out to him as he watches the Community Shield from the stands.
From a "getting most eyes and ratings" perspective, Friday would be the worst day to announce it. Most people aren't home on a Friday or as in touch with the media as they would be on other days.
Thursday evenings usually get you the most views.

Tiber

Isn't primetime like 7-10? or is it different in England from the states?
United often like to make a big announcement early and post additional content throughout the day. I think Jose was announced at like 10am

twitter thread suggester
To all the people saying Pogba wanted to complete his holiday..

Why does it matter if Pogba has completed his holiday or done his medical.
None of that is required for the clubs to make a statement that a fee has been agreed subject to personal terms and a medical. We've done it before.
That's what is frustrating.
Posters who bold their posts in order to get attention should be permabanned.

Sp00ks11

They just want Pogba at the AON complex with his Adidas shirt and Chevrolet logo all in the right place when they announce it. Think they have missed the hype window though. Not surprising but people seem to be tired of the whole thing it's been so dragged out.
When/if this transfer happens, mark my words you won't think its been dragged out or the hype train has died down. The hype train will be smashing through every media outlet, Pogba and Manchester United will be EVERYWHERE!

It will be nauseating beyond belief for rival fans, which will make it so much sweeter. I really do hope we unveil him like Real Madrid do with their 'galaticos' just to make them and every other club and fans hate us even more. :devil:

Rooney1987

From a "getting most eyes and ratings" perspective, Friday would be the worst day to announce it. Most people aren't home on a Friday or as in touch with the media as they would be on other days.
Thursday evenings usually get you the most views.
True I'd also add is the opening of the Olympics tomorrow. Monday best bet.

MiamiSpartan

I don't think that this is still going on because this is how long it takes (as in x number of days to conclude a deal and do the relevant legals/paperwork), it's more likely that Paul has always been scheduled to conclude his holiday and we have worked backwards from that day.

If his holiday is up on the 6th then we probably gave each party till today/tomorrow to get everything done and he can fly straight to Manchester for his medical, we legally couldn't sign him till his medical is all sorted anyway and if we felt he was happy with the package then there's been no rush to announce everything.
I think this is dead on. The final details are in Juve's corner, and he can't go have a medical with United until Juve makes the final sign offs. Juve don't want him to return to training with them (looks foolish to have him training when the whole world knows he's leaving), so they've been dragging this out, knowing that they had until the end of this week, and wanting to get as far along as they can in other deals that they're working on. It logically explains the delay.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I don't think I'll ever despise a player as much as Paul Pogba if this deal doesn't actually go through.
John Terry trumps whatever Pogba could do here if it falls through. Always.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Di Marzio is tweeting for the sake of tweeting tbh. Puts all the pestering from fans on himself by doing it.

He said we're almost there for over 2 weeks now, no one should really give a feck about the latest tweet.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To all the people saying Pogba wanted to complete his holiday..

Why does it matter if Pogba has completed his holiday or done his medical.
None of that is required for the clubs to make a statement that a fee has been agreed subject to personal terms and a medical. We've done it before.
That's what is frustrating.
The club don't have an obligation to appease the strange desires of a (relative) minority of obsessive fans, in fairness. You get the impression from this thread that United fans as a whole are desperate for this "saga" to be over but the reality is dramatically different.

Judas

Open to offers
The club don't have an obligation to appease the strange desires of a (relative) minority of obsessive fans, in fairness. You get the impression from this thread that United fans as a whole are desperate for this "saga" to be over but the reality is dramatically different.
Exactly. this is just a small bubble of Utd supporters. Twitter is still loving all this.

MiamiSpartan

For those tearing into DiMarzio for moving the deadlines, you do realize that he can only report what he's been told by others? His sources are good. Raiola (or someone on Raiola's team) appear to be one of the sources (he was right on Zlatan and Mkhi, he was right about Raiola going to Miami, about Pogba then going to LA a few days later, etc., so it's not just Juve sources that he has). But not everything always goes as planned with the parties involved. Raiola himself may have truly thought that the deal would be completed in the infamous 48 hours from last Wednesday. Sure, we can all wait until the United or Juve announce it to be 100% sure, but regardless DiMarzio has had better information than anyone else in this whole thing by far.

Shimo

This delay of 2 weeks to sign, actually probably has costed Pogba half a million in worth of wages itself, if the figures are to be believed..
He is still being paid by Juve. Plus can you really put a price on getting a good break? Especially considering how much he stands to make over the next several years and how much his personal brand is going to grow, don't think a little lost will bother him too much.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
A football question.

If we continue to use the 4231 formation who's most suited to partner Pogba?

DM/CM
Carrick/Pogba - is MC fit enough to play a full 90 minutes 2 times a week?
Pogba/Herrea - Is Pogba bought to be our DM?
Schneiderlin/Pogba - long term solution?
Pogba/Fellaini - physical paring!
Schweinsteiger/Pogba - highest ceiling?
TFM/Pogba - is Timothy ready?

Another option?

I expect Carrick to be Pogba's first partner when fit. What is your thoughts?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We'll announce it Sunday after we lose to Leicester to deflect attention

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A football question.

DM/CM

Another option?

Has to be Morgan and Pogba

SirAF

Ageist

DM/CM

Another option?

The only certain thing is that Pogba will not be our DM.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know he'll need time to get up to speed, gel with his new teammates, and work on his fitness, but it would be mad to spend the kind of money we're dropping on him and not have him in our starting XI come the derby (4th league game). Surely he has to be on the pitch straight away no later than the 3rd match of the season.
Most seasons teams go to the trouble of these tours, making noises about "bonding" and getting the "balance right" before the season starts, then sign someone late who goes straight in!
He'll go straight in as soon as he's deemed match fit.

City would possibly be a bad choice if he's not fit by then, but it's over a month away so should surely be ok.
That could be a huge game, even 4 games in,

RedStarUnited

Exactly. this is just a small bubble of Utd supporters. Twitter is still loving all this.
How do you guys know that fans outside of this forum are not as frustrated?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Does this latest report from Di Marzio mean that the deal wasn't, in fact, finished within the 48 hour deadline he reported previously? ;)

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Does this latest report from Di Marzio mean that the deal wasn't, in fact, finished within the 48 hour deadline he reported previously? ;)
I reckon Di Marzio should pipe down for a while, until he's certain when the deal will be done. Seems to just be throwing dates out there.

ReDDHDevilS

:lol::lol:

So those who doubted me when a week or so ago I wrote, how long till Di Marzio gets slaughtered on here, what do you think now?

The knee-jerk reactions on here on almost anything is absolutely mind boggling.

Thank god that about 99% of these fans (I'm one of them) don't go to the game, otherwise could you imagine how toxic the environment at OT would be?

It takes only one game, heck even a pre-season game is more than enough for some fickle bunch on here to spout absolute rubbish about a player and vice versa.

Sad Chris

Watching Cosmos while refreshing and just realized star constellations would have utterly fecked up names if our generation had spotted them in the night sky first...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I reckon Di Marzio should pipe down for a while, until he's certain when the deal will be done. Seems to just be throwing dates out there.
This follows days of posters moaning that he hasn't tweeted any updates for ages.

windycityfan

A football question.

DM/CM

Another option?

Schneiderlin/Pogba, or Fellaini/Pogba. Pogba ain't coming to Old Trafford for all that coin to sit back in DM role. Either Schneiderlin, Fellaini (even Blind or Shaw at times) will partner with him. He may move up to the attacking role to spell Rooney and/or Mkhitaryan, while the bunch from Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini or even Schweinsteiger can slide into that role.

Interesting pieces. Wonder how long it'll take Mourinho to come up with best combination for chemistry and results.

NinjaFletch

I've just looked back through the threadmarked tweets from him and I'm not really sure why people are pilling in like he's contradicting himself.

The chronology of his tweets is fine, just people ascribing meaning to his tweets that isn't there.

Of course, until Pogba signs we can't rule out the fact Di Marzio isn't making it up as he goes along, but that would be out of character.