Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I find the Zidané comparisons funny for the reason that Zidané was a great flair player and a great leader, but having someone in a Yaya/Vieira hybrid mould to me is more valuable than having Zidane who won barely anything in his time at Real Madrid.

Zidane wonderful player, one of the GOAT midfielders BUT I'd rather have a Vieira/Yaya in our midfield (a 23 year old one at that).

Zidane would create chances in the EPL but he wouldn't balance the current United squad.

Zidane was better than Iniesta. If Zidane was playing now people would rightly have him in the conversation with Ronaldo and Messi. He falls a little short of that but he was truly special.

Iniesta is a fabulous footballer. You could pull together stats or videos and say he's better than Zidane at x, y or z. But bottom line, Zidane owned football matches. Routinely. For years. In different leagues too. Iniesta is a short way off that. These are fine margins but Zidane had that extra something. I'm not being romantic when I say that.

Pogba is a good distance behind everyone here. Hopefully he'll get there in the next few years but I doubt he'll ever be as good on the ball as Zidane was. They're completely different players.

Disagree with you on your points, Iniesta isn't short of anything he "owns football matches" too. Ronaldinho was funner to look at too, but he wasn't better Messi or Ronaldo.

Iniesta is a greater footballer than Zidane and leaves a greater legacy.

midnightmare

IKR? Pogba has the potential to be a really, really good midfielder but Zidane on his day was simply majestic. Silky touch, one touch turns, vision and pass. Hopefully Pogba could emulate players such as Zidane, but far too early to say Pogba is on par, let alone better.
You're remembering the Zidane from Madrid or maximum from 1998 onwards. By that time, he was 27 (1998) or 29 (Madrid). He'd matured a lot and was at his very peak. Pogba meanwhile is 23 and is just getting better all the time. Statistically, he's already doing what Zidane used to (goals and assist count) but he will only get better. The only reason it's early to compare him is to see his longevity. On talent alone, he's right up there and on prowess at a similar age, he's possibly ahead!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Disagree with you on your points, Iniesta isn't short of anything he "owns football matches" too. Ronaldinho was funner to look at too, but he wasn't better Messi or Ronaldo.

Different strokes for different folks.

There's never any true and final answer when directly comparing players. Especially from different time periods.

The water is always muddied when pulling anyone from that Barca team. On one hand they've got to be great to get in the side. But on the flip side if you're a top player it's going to be hard to look sh1t playing for Barca.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Zidane was better than Iniesta. If Zidane was playing now people would rightly have him in the conversation with Ronaldo and Messi. He falls a little short of that but he was truly special.

Iniesta is a fabulous footballer. You could pull together stats or videos and say he's better than Zidane at x, y or z. But bottom line, Zidane owned football matches. Routinely. For years. In different leagues too. Iniesta is a short way off that. These are fine margins but Zidane had that extra something. I'm not being romantic when I say that.

Pogba is a good distance behind everyone here. Hopefully he'll get there in the next few years but I doubt he'll ever be as good on the ball as Zidane was. They're completely different players.

You said on the ball. Iniesta is better on the ball than Zidane and so was Laudrip, in my opinion. Laudrip is more open to debate, I think as they're were both really good and it's a matter of opinion at this point. You say Zidane owned matches routinely? Well, he also went missing in a lot of matches too. That's really one of his only criticisms as a professional. Iniesta was an integral part of arguably the greatest team ever. If not for Messi and Ronaldo, he'd have 2-3 Balon d'or to his name. He absolutely bossed it on the national stage from 2008 to 2012. Scored in a WC final just as Zidane did. Iniesta is the big game player. To say Iniesta is a short way of Zidane is just silly considering Iniesta's career is better than Zidane's, if you take the personal accolades away. I know it may sound lazy, but Iniesta is so unlucky having been sandwiched in between Messi and Ronaldo. He just under so under-appreciated when in reality he's just as much of a super player in his own right.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
You're remembering the Zidane from Madrid or maximum from 1998 onwards. By that time, he was 27 (1998) or 29 (Madrid). He'd matured a lot and was at his very peak. Pogba meanwhile is 23 and is just getting better all the time. Statistically, he's already doing what Zidane used to (goals and assist count) but he will only get better. The only reason it's early to compare him is to see his longevity. On talent alone, he's right up there and on prowess at a similar age, he's possibly ahead!
Exactly, Zidane was still at Bordeaux at 23.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just found this short clip from Henry. Hadn't seen it before but pretty much sums up my views on Pogba.

He has a lot to do to get there Raul. I do see what you are thinking style wise but still I'd take a 23 year old Viera over Pogba and Toure any day of the week. Plus Toure scored a rake that year but Viera was much better player for me as he was awesome for close to a decade not one season. I hope we look back on Pogba though (and we could) and say wow he was the best but for that to happen he's going to have to improve massively to over take Viera. I think he will be better than Toure and that alone at that level is worth buying him!

Castia

So around £89m spread over 3 years? it suddenly seems like an amazing deal for us.

OldTrevil

I find the Zidané comparisons funny for the reason that Zidané was a great flair player and a great leader, but having someone in a Yaya/Vieira hybrid mould to me is more valuable than having Zidane who won barely anything in his time at Real Madrid.

Zidane wonderful player, one of the GOAT midfielders BUT I'd rather have a Vieira/Yaya in our midfield (a 23 year old one at that).

Zidane would create chances in the EPL but he wouldn't balance the current United squad.

I disagree there. I love Iniesta and he's one of my favorite attacking mids of all time, but Zidane controlled games like I've never seen, and did this in whichever team he was in. He wasn't just about flair and leadership, he was the playmaking and controlling heart of a team, it was really amazing to watch. His highlights only show his technique and goals, but you would have to watch him play to see his greatest strength. It is an ability I haven't even seen with Ronaldo or Messi, these guys dominate mostly with their unreal goal scoring ability whereas Zidane's dominance came from a #8 perspective. If Pogba gets to Zidane level he will be the best player in the world. The scary thing is that the potential is there :devil:

Hans Moleman

"Here are the financial details of the deal: Pogba will cost United 105 million euros plus another 5 million euros in bonuses (to be paid in 3 years). The bonus money included in the deal can be reached if Pogba renews his contract with United within the next 5 years or if he is sold by United for a number superior to 50 million euros. These are the final numbers which do not include Raiola's agent fees as he brokered a deal."

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

1. No
2. No
3. No - it's actually the biggest point of criticism of him, he failed to maintain his level over the course of the season, he never was "routinely" dominating and the likes of Rui Costa were having better league seasons than Zidane in Juve, for example, despite the latter being a better player, obviously. He had an amazing international career and shone there more consistently than at the club level, but so did Iniesta

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
None of the transfer fees ever include the agent fees. People are idiots if they think that Madrid didn't pay the huge agent fees to Ronaldo and Bale's agents but somehow they are not included in the transfer fees. Even Hazard agent was paid around 5 or 6m pounds in fees.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Concerning the fee, the 105m is including the money we would pay to Railoa or just the money Juve will get. Because else the total fee will be closer to 120m I think.

In anyway it is alot of money for 1 player albeit a very good one but people must remember players like Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar and Suarez moved for less money. So I would be very carefull to describe this move as value, especially since we sold Pogba for 300k to Juve a couple of seasons ago.

I love the club, I love to have Pogba back but in all the years I have been supporting United they have very seldom created value from player signings, Ronaldo, Rooney and DDG being the exceptions.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Pogba is a great signing guys. The one that needed to lift the spirit of the club. We get it, but he is nowhere near zidane level. Thats a tad OTT. :yawn:

Dyslexic Untied

Concerning the fee, the 105m is including the money we would pay to Railoa or just the money Juve will get. Because else the total fee will be closer to 120m I think.

In anyway it is alot of money for 1 player albeit a very good one but people must remember players like Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar and Suarez moved for less money. So I would be very carefull to describe this move as value, especially since we sold Pogba for 300k to Juve a couple of seasons ago.

I love the club, I love to have Pogba back but in all the years I have been supporting United they have very seldom created value from player signings, Ronaldo, Rooney and DDG being the exceptions.
Rio, Carrick, Evra, Vidic to name a few from the same era. Not even starting on the likes of Schmikes, Irwin, Solskjær etc. during the 90s. We've had some unbelievable value signings over the years.

KM

I'm so gonna make the Griezmann thread next summer.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
So today has to be the day where we get the photos and all this media promo shizzle. Right?

KM

This front page signifies the arrogance of Madrid. Goodbye Pogba? As if he was already a Madrid player.