Peep Show

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Peep show is probably my favourite TV show ever. I fear that it peaked with S5. I thought that S6 & S7 were on a downward trajectory that I hope does not continue.

Ixion

What an idiotic boob I was back 10 or 11 seconds ago.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Just seen an advert for this. Can. Not. Wait.

Art

Art the artist
I've not laughed for any show like I've laughed for this show.

True genius.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Really good first episode.

Jez's breakdown in his first therapy session made me laugh as hard as I have for a long time.

The dialogue was consistently excellent. I am already waiting in anticipation for Super Hans's regression back into the 'crack addled maniac' that we all love.

Ivor Ballokov

Sam Bain did a twitter q&a last nite. I'll put it in spoilers because there are a few casting decisions discussed.

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv He auditioned RT @tomcross88: you mentioned you had Danny Dyer originally in mind for Super Hans. Did you approach him for the role?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
No more Johnson this series unfortunately RT @NiallJones: @sambaintv will we be seeing more of Johnson?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
He’s in every episode RT @Iain_Owenson: @sambaintv Brilliant! Will we be seeing a lot of superhans this series?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Sadly not. RT @philmaine1985: @sambaintv is Olivia Colman in this series?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Harry Hill’s (unconscious theft) RT @tsingham Russell Brand has used a 'heroin is moreish' line in his stand-up for years. His gag or yours?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
We have a ‘plot party’ at the start of each series RT @GreenyyMan: Do @RealDMitchell & @arobertwebb have any say in the script writing?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Originally it was chips, Tom Basden suggested curry RT @coombsmatt: How much thought went into deciding what curries Mark presented to Jez?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Nope. Pastures new RT @PeepShowQuote: @sambaintv Will we see any more of Jez's former girlfriends? Nancy. Zara, Elena, Big Suze etc.

Adebesi

I dont know. I still dont think it is as good as it was in the early seasons but I guess it was the novelty of it back then. I found Mark's eccentricities, especially, funnier in the early days.

But it did strike me as feeling better than the last season or two have been.

Rudie

Mentary
I dont know. I still dont think it is as good as it was in the early seasons but I guess it was the novelty of it back then. I found Mark's eccentricities, especially, funnier in the early days.

This. Nothing beats the first 3-4 series up to the wedding. Me and the missus have been re-watching them all and last nights episode was no where near its best.

eric le roi

Maybe I was anticipating it too much but it felt a bit of a disappointment, but it's still one of the best things on TV. Super Hans needs to regress and reform Thirteen Bastards.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Yeah it wasn't up to the standard of seasons 2-5, but seemed a bit fresher than 6 and 7. Typically the opening episode is often a steady scene-setter, so I'd expect the standard to rise over the course of the next weeks.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Yeah it wasn't up to the standard of seasons 2-5, but seemed a bit fresher than 6 and 7. Typically the opening episode is often a steady scene-setter, so I'd expect the standard to rise over the course of the next weeks.
I'd smack season 1 in there as well, that might actually be the best of all. This wasn't up there with those mentioned, but it was fresher than a lot of the stuff from 6 & 7. But I think season 7 was pretty good, the episode where they celebrate new year is far out (was that season 7?).

I loved the fact that they (writers) actually killed Gerrard, and that Mark bought him a fecking Stevie G wake cake, how hilarious isn't that. Johnson's speech. Jez' therapy was all over the place as well, and Super Hans' job interview tips. Good stuff.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

But I think season 7 was pretty good, the episode where they celebrate new year is far out (was that season 7?)
I watched that ep again last night and found it far funnier then when I watched it first time around.

I think that it peaked with series 4, with Marks wedding, just the story line of Mark staring down the barrel of a wedding that he didn't want, but was too much of a shitbag to call it off, made it perfect for the characters.

Cina

The curry scene had me in stitches, I thought it was great. I've missed this show.

Ixion

When it finished I didn't think it was one of the best episodes, but thinking about it it did have some very funny moments. The Gerrard cake and the curry scene were my favourite bits.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
T'was quite good. Curry scene as others have mentioned. Just Jez' "Is he fecking with me?" line made me laugh.

Cina

Jez breakdown was great as well, as was his facial expression and simple "yes please" when the psychiatrist asked him if he wanted water at the end.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I didn't find the breakdown or curry scene that funny. But the speeches, Mark's group job interview and subsequent enthusiasm at the funeral and the Gerrard cake I liked.

Cina

"You get to work with toilets, which are funny, and showers, which are... sexy."

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Has anyone noticed the bouquets, just like the cake also say "Gerrard". Check out around the 0:25 mark. :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sam Bain did a twitter q&a last nite. I'll put it in spoilers because there are a few casting decisions discussed.

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv He auditioned RT @tomcross88: you mentioned you had Danny Dyer originally in mind for Super Hans. Did you approach him for the role?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
No more Johnson this series unfortunately RT @NiallJones: @sambaintv will we be seeing more of Johnson?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
He’s in every episode RT @Iain_Owenson: @sambaintv Brilliant! Will we be seeing a lot of superhans this series?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Sadly not. RT @philmaine1985: @sambaintv is Olivia Colman in this series?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Harry Hill’s (unconscious theft) RT @tsingham Russell Brand has used a 'heroin is moreish' line in his stand-up for years. His gag or yours?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
We have a ‘plot party’ at the start of each series RT @GreenyyMan: Do @RealDMitchell & @arobertwebb have any say in the script writing?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Originally it was chips, Tom Basden suggested curry RT @coombsmatt: How much thought went into deciding what curries Mark presented to Jez?

Sam Bain ‏@sambaintv
Nope. Pastures new RT @PeepShowQuote: @sambaintv Will we see any more of Jez's former girlfriends? Nancy. Zara, Elena, Big Suze etc.
I always thought Mitchell and Webb wrote it :(

eric le roi

It's really not up to scratch this series. Also Mark seems to have become a naive impetuous idiot and Jeremy is suddenly the sensible one?

They've definitely run out of steam. Time to call it a day.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

It's really not up to scratch this series. Also Mark seems to have become a naive impetuous idiot and Jeremy is suddenly the sensible one?

They've definitely run out of steam. Time to call it a day.
I think that was supposed to be the theme for the one episode. Personally I thought that the first ep of the new series was good, last night was lacking somewhat though, there were a few laughs in there.

I think that the characters desperation is diminishing somewhat and that is taking away from the show.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I thought it was good. I watched it round my mate's, though, and I think you tend to laugh more in company.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I reckon the show as a whole has lost some direction since JLB went tits up - so much of it was based around the relationship dynamics arising out of the workplace.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very patchy first couple of episodes. And whoever said it above is right: they do seem to be turning the Mark/Jeremy relationship on its head.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not really a fan of Dobby. Her face is just...right in mine, it feels like. Too big and facey.