View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

jaimoe

The thing that drives me the craziest about Jones is his insistence on heading the ball back in to no mans land when he has time enough and space enough to settle it and pass it......over and over again.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Its his first game back, first game with rojo and he's shite? Out of the three of Smalling, Evans and him, he's been above them. That was his only mistake of the game, and you could assign equal blame to Rafael.
Evans is the best of that lot.

It's Evans

then Jones

then Smalling.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Jones has gone ball-chasing into the midfield. Rafael was playing him on, but Jones shouldn't have gone charging about, leaving such a huge gap for Berahino to exploit. If Jones had have stayed in position, that ball wouldn't have been played. Or if it had, Jones would have been goal side. Jones created the gap. Ridiculous.

I still rate him, and he was great earlier in the season. That was a total brain fart though. I still think either Jones/Rojo or Jones and Smalling is our best pair, but he needs to reel it in a bit. No need to rush into the midfield like that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
And the over reaction begins...

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Himself in how he clumsy and untidy he looked, but looks really out of shape, slow as feck, you could see his tits through his jersey.

ivaldo

Doubt he will be here in the next few years if he keep playing like this.
Been our best fecking defender this season, first mistake and he should be axed, fans in this forum are unbelievable.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What's with all the knee jerking tonight? Yes, Jones had a poor game and yes he was partly at fault for the 2nd goal, but keep in mind hes been sidelined for two months.
It is amazing suddenly Jones and Januzaj are both crap even though Adnan is making his first league start and Jones is just back from injury.

Robbie Boy

I have generally been impressed with him this season. Can't be easy playing in a continuously rotating defence.

Kag

It's Evans

then Jones

then Smalling.
Smalling is considerably better at the basics of defending and always has been during their respective careers at the club.

Jones has this strange reputation for having good distribution, too, which I'm wary of. He's more aesthetically pleasing, but I'd wager that he actually gives away possession more than the clumsy-looking Smalling.

I do like Jones, but he needs a partner that can read the game, as well as a kick up the arse.

JoaquinJoaquin

What's with all the knee jerking tonight? Yes, Jones had a poor game and yes he was partly at fault for the 2nd goal, but keep in mind hes been sidelined for two months.
We understand he has been out and expected him to be a bit rusty but that positioning for the second goal is just bad defending, to be that high up and not even think that you may be putting your defence in trouble is just plain stupid, plus add to the fact once they got through he didn't even attempt to get back, I'm at the point with Jones, Smalling and Evans now that all 3 could happily go for my liking

Man-United

Been our best fecking defender this season, first mistake and he should be axed, fans in this forum are unbelievable.
I rate Jones over Evans or Smalling, but I don't think any of them are good enough for United. Don't see it at the moment.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's like David Luiz defensively. But not as good as Luiz attacking wise. Which is ver worrying considering that this is his fourth year here and he seems to haven't improved a bit.

If only a world class centerback was available this summer who cost less than 25m.

acnumber9

Jones may have made a poor choice trying to close Sessegnon down but you can see what he was thinking. What Rojo was thinking watching that happen and also watching a player run right past him I don't know.

ivaldo

McNair says hi.
He's played well but Jones had been a rock. Our backline looks shaky because they've had no time to gel, the best defenses are settled defenses. Rafael, Shaw and Jones have all been injured at different times this season and Rojo can't even speak the bloody language yet!
I rate Jones over Evans or Smalling, but I don't think any of them are good enough for United. Don't see it at the moment.
Respectfully disagree.

Mali_Zeus

So let me get this straight. He made one mistake, ok it was for their goal but Rafael is to blame also, and people are slating him like this..

Madness..

FromTheBench

So let me get this straight. He made one mistake, ok it was for their goal but Rafael is to blame also, and people are slating him like this..

Madness..
Yeah, aggressive defenders get caught out like that few times. Even Kompany or Terry do and even Vidic did.

Problem is we don't have organization defensively as a unit for someone getting caught up high once in transition.

Rojo and Rafael could and should have dealt it with it easily either in 2nd phase.

Kag

He hasn't played in two months. Chill out.
The problem is that his idiocy wasn't a result of rustiness. He looked fine otherwise, this was simply just another example of his inability to position himself on the field to a high standard.

I think this kind of thing is innate, you either get positioning or you don't, and it's why I have lots of nagging doubt in my mind.

montpelier

Yeah, aggressive defenders get caught out like that few times. Even Kompany or Terry do and even Vidic did.

Problem is we don't have organization defensively as a unit for someone getting caught up high once in transition.

Rojo and Rafael could and should have dealt it with it easily either in 2nd phase.
Yeah, you'd think so. Looked a bit too far up the pitch to me - but were dominating so much at that stage, you could maybe understand a little bit. I dunno, we just seem to concede so flipping easily sometimes

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Sad that he's still rated higher than Smalling.

ZDwyr

He wasn't very good. He has missed a lot of time through injury and before that he looked our best CB for a mile.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Interesting how divided opinion is with our center backs. You can ask 3 different fans and get 3 different opinions when it comes to Evans, Jones and Smalling.

Ringo 07

I do like Jones a lot but I wouldn't mind seeing a 30 year defensive moster being bought to bring some experience to the back for a couple of years unyil Jones is ready. He still looks about 2 years away from being in anyway comparable to the likes of Kompany, Cahill etc

Walters_19_MuFc

What is wrong with some of you people? He was our best defender before getting injured, which probably wasn't that hard, but at least he stepped up when others didn't. Comes back after about 2 months, has a decent game, and if it wasn't for Rafael dropping deep, noone be saying feck all about Jones tonight. Granted he could have dropped off, he went to press the ball and others around that should have seen that and reacted.

I suppose this is why I always say Jones needs a reader next to him, though. Jones is very much a front foot defender - he likes to try and win everything. Nothing wrong with that, though. You have a lot of centre partnerships like this. Rio/Vidic for example. Vidic being the front foot defender and Rio sweeping.

This is why we should be looking at someone who will drop off and sniff out any danger, which is why I think Smalling, or maybe Evans, could potentially be Jones's best partner, until we maybe get someone in January or the Summer.

Redo91

I'm a big fan of Jones but he was shocking for the second goal. Headless chicken stuff.

It's Evans

then Jones

then Smalling.
I'm going to assume you haven't seen Evans play so far this season. He has been our worst defender thus far and that is quiet an achievement. I want him gone out the door in January. The guy is an accident waiting to happen. Always has been and always will be.

itso 7

He was fine all night long but for that brainfart. What's disapointing is that it's such a basic error that you would expect from McNAIR or any other juice, Jones is still young himself but after four years here we should be expecting and getting better from him. But then he hasn't played in nearly two months....