View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

tom porter

Jones-Rojo is comfortably our best possible CB pairing IMO, great news this.
Hard to say as we have yet to see these two play together even once. The hope we all have as United fans is that they will gel immediately, yet, it's almost impossible to say how it will all work out.

At this point, my opinion is that Smalling-Jones is our best cb pairing. If only either of them could stay healthy at the same time that would be great as well.

ZDwyr

It's good that he will be back but I am not sure I'd rush him in against Everton. It's annoying because we need him against Lukaku who will try to monster Rojo and McNair. It'd be more frustrating if he re-injured himself though. But if he is 100% fully fit then I would probably play him.

Dante

Average bang
Jones is the only one of our CBs who looks like developing into a leader. The problem is that he currently looks like the kind of leader who'll lead all his charges into no man's land. Unless Rojo can help calm him down a bit (he doesn't look like the type so far), we'll need to buy someone else to get the best out of Jones.

Bojan11

It's mixed news for me. Good that he's back against Everton, but sadly he'd get picked for England and get injured.

LR7

Can't wait until we can field a back 4 of Rafael - Jones - Rojo - Shaw

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He had no right to get that ball off Gomis. And people use the 'last ditch' nonsense as an argument as to why he isn't very good...

Walters_19_MuFc

God, I love Phil Jones. Some of those last ditch tackles. :drool: How his pace is only 68 on Fifa, I will never know. Moreno is certainly no slouch.

Can't wait to have him back. So far this season, he seems to have stepped up. Just hope his form before he got injured will continue when he's back.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If you read the matchday forum, anyone would think he was match fit and ready to start, probably the newbile effect. I can't see it myself, is he really good to go?
Do we have any other choice?

Evans and Mcnair are out. So it's a straight choice between him and Smalling.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What about Blackett, isn't he back from suspension? Someone mentioned he uses the wrong foot though.
Yeah, wrong foot. Blackett is competing with Rojo for the LCB spot. The other 3 are competing for the RCB spot.

SirAF

Ageist
I know that, but he plays with the wrong foot, as has been previously stated, so does that mean he is, or isn't, in line to start?
Didn't you ask weather or not he was fit? :p

As for the other part, I don't think he'll play - based on the fact that LvG took a gamble on McNair rather than to play two LCB's against West Ham. However, he might be forced to this time unless Jones or Smalling are ready. But then again, it seem like he is rather fond of nursing injured players back to fitness before throwing them in (which is a good thing, I think).

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Didn't you ask weather or not he was fit? :p

As for the other part, I don't think he'll play - based on the fact that LvG took a gamble on McNair rather than to play two LCB's against West Ham. However, he might be forced to this time unless Jones or Smalling are ready. But then again, it seem like he is rather fond of nursing injured players back to fitness before throwing them in (which is a good thing, I think).
No that was Jones I was talking about. Is he fully fit to start?

I'm still umming & ahhing over my line up prediction ;)

SirAF

Ageist
No that was Jones I was talking about. Is he fully fit to start?

I'm still umming & ahhing over my line up prediction ;)
Ah, right. I misread. I have no idea about Jones' fitness but I'm really hoping to see him. Although I suspect LvG will be careful with both him and Smalling. I got my line up - apart from that CB position! It's a bloody nightmare to guess :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
I really hope he's back, especially since we're away from home. Since Vidic is gone, Jones is our only true warrior type of defender. Have a feeling we'll be under the cosh quite a bit tonight.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Rafael will get all the stick for being too deep, but Jones is steaming into midfield and leaving the lone striker in 15 yards of space. Absolutely brainless
Aye, I think Raf should have been more aware, but given he was at similar depth to Rojo I have to place the majority of the blame on Jones.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rafael will get all the stick for being too deep, but Jones is steaming into midfield and leaving the lone striker in 15 yards of space. Absolutely brainless
That's Phil.

Excuses and excuses are made for him despite the fact that he's a joke figure. If he was with another team, there would be threads on here laughing at him.

Idiotic useless player.

Kag

I'm convinced he's been paid for that second goal. There's no other reason a rational mind would do that.