g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2017

dichinero

Almost feels like that FA cup final when we battered them and still lost. Anyone else remember that match?

tony54

Smash and grab!

Love it.

Pogba should be appealed. That weren't no red card right there.

Sick to the stomach of Anti-fecking United commentary everywhere I go.

feck Pep, feck Poch, feck everyone with their fecking biased commentary, WE ARE UNITED!!!!! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

I agree with the anti MU commentary it's as bad as the media and southern luvvie remainers who are quite happy that the country is being over run with too many unwanted, sponging immigrants. No offence to those hard working immigrants that are becoming the minority.
Sorry for off topic

Rajma

Silver lining around the red card is that City excluded we should be beating both Bournmouth (at home) and West Brom (one of the worst sides in the league) even without Pogba.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Phenomenal game. How good is DDG? A lot of credit to Arsenal. Massive downside was deserved Pogba's sending off. We got away with a clear penalty.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Predicting a 0-0 borefest similar to the Liverpool game earlier in the season. It will make for painful viewing.
Someone got that very wrong didn't they. Idiot.

Seriously, best game I have seen for many years.

Yeah, no, strike that, let's never EVER do that again. Sack Jose, bring back LVG. All is forgiven my Dutch brother from another mother, you were right all along. My heart couldn't stand another game like that.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
DDG was fecking unbelievable today. When are Bailly and Jones back ffs?

Rojo is clearly still finding form and shaky.

Ashley Young looks like he is 22 not 32. Amazing performance and really smart/experienced leadership. Basically told Mourinho that the red was coming before the ref even showed it (after asking him).
Anyone has a clip of this? @GifLord i would like to see it please..

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Pogba got expelled after getting irritated with Rui Faria about tactical indications.

Devil may care

The Pogba red card soured what would have been an absolutely fantastic result.
That's how I felt, it was an excellent performance form the team but that Pogba red left me deflated as all the hard work over the last two games will likely be for nothing now we wont have him for 3 games, including the vital derby.

DevilRed

Anyone has a clip of this? @GifLord i would like to see it please..
Commentator mentioned it, not sure if there was a clip. Ashley was first to the referee and was speaking with him. Then ran off to inform Mourinho apparently. Thats experience and leadership for you.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Someone explain to me how Koscielny does not get a red. Rules changed or referee lost it?

Womp

idiot
No respect for a man who wanted to meet Wenger off the pitch to brake his face. But i guess cocky Chelsea fans love a cocky man.
Gotta give Jose credit, over the years he's done his best to make it evident to Arsenal fans that Wenger is a fraud. Even went as far as basically nearly fighting the bloke. He did it all for your fans, cause he really does love you guys. He wanted to save you from Wenger and help you guys move forward. Instead you're here with a few FA cups in like twenty years.

minoo-utd

Massive massive win this, credit to all the lads, hate to see us playing city without Paul though. Can anyone tell what Jose said after the game?

Sgeorge

Very happy about the win, needed that. I rather see us playing for the win by attacking than parking the bus, because I think we are as good as City if we decide to. But still need to work on keeping the ball, Lukaku and midfield need to step up.

As for the red card, it was borderline. I think in the end that was dangerous, and I would like to see those reds given. But Man city game now becomes may be a park the bus job, though I really would like us to go for it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Pogba red will annoy me tomorrow when I start thinking in long game terms, but right now nothing can dampen the beautiful smugness of an away win at Arsenal, a proper big game performance, and the return of Jose’s annual schooling of Wenger.

GwilDor

IMO, we're very lucky to win tonight. What im dumbfounded about, is that i think it is down to tactics. All hail Mourinho for the way we started the game, incredible way to set up the team for the start. My problem starts at 2-0, where we go from pressing high and generating all kinds of problems for Arsenal on the counter attack, to not even looking for opportunities when we win the ball. This, imo, means that we don't create problems for Arsenal, we simply focus on solving the problems they create for us. And look at the chances they created :eek: . In the end we won 3-1, but as i see it with the chances created we are lucky to win, with 4 shots on goal vs 15.

That being said, with the tactics implemented, i think almost everyone did an amazing job.

My call on the red card situations:
Pogba: No RC because no malicious intent, went for the ball and took it, and Arse-player extended his foot along the ground.
Koscielny: 1. Handball from Lukaku, so should initially be free kick for Arse. 2. Bellerin sufficient cover so it's not a red card. Right call from the ref, who can't be expected to see the handball.

MoM: De Gea the way the game developed, but honorable mention to Lingard!

Al-T

Two wins on the road against in form sides. Getting it right up Arsenal on their own patch.

But losing Pogba for the derby......

TRD

Lindelof played well against Sanchez and Ozil. He along with Bailly and Jones would make a good back three.

friend

9.7 rating for De Gea on here currently which might be the highest I've ever seen...yet it actually seems low.

Not sure how long this 3 at the back formation will last. We lose way too much control in the middle for it to be sustainable in the long run.

Peanut Butter

Get the feck in.

On a side note: The state of some of you in the matchday thread. You don't deserve to support Man Utd.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 84% of 930 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw