g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

CL D Champions League Group F

Atalanta 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 02 November 2021

Bulldog United

A draw is a decent result. 1 more win should see us through.

Dogshit performance though.
So I think we were saving our energy for Saturday. :drool:

Ronaldo's moment was planned and executed perfectly near the end. Exactly as our genius coaching team scripted out in training.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Worst manager in the league officially when Newcastle get Emery, have seen some saying he's around 9th/10th but no chance he's lower
He’s easily the worst in the league. I think he was while Bruce was there, never mind Emery. You only have to listen to him talking about football.

It’s shocking that your board’s aim for the season is that Ole ”gets enough results” to stay in his job, rather than them wanting to win something. Hearing Ole talking about “needing results“ on Saturday. - That’s really poor at a top club…

Big Andy

Bloke
He’s easily the worst in the league. I think he was while Bruce was there, never mind Emery. You only have to listen to him talking about football.

It’s shocking that your board’s aim for the season is that Ole ”gets enough results” to stay in his job, rather than them wanting to win something. Hearing Ole talking about “needing results“ on Saturday. - That’s really poor at a top club…
worse than that Norwich cnut? Bielsa? Dean Smith?
Bielsa is a fraud, one way of playing and don’t get me started on his fecking bucket.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo is clearly our problem according to some…. He is definitely costing us a place/entry to Europa league

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Great performance tonight from the boys, and a tactical masterclass by Ole! Expecting us to just coast through this very difficult group like days gone by is unrealistic. This is not the medieval times.
You are drunk, mate

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ronaldo MOTM but equally so Bailly could be 3 or 4-2 if not for him.
Bailly was the only quality defender. Varane played with injury and Ole not resting him probably injured him worse :( Shaw is crap, AWB is full of mistakes, Maguire is a disgrace in his current form

Last edited:

Ole'sgunnarwin

Someone get stats on how many times we've conceded 1st in the past year/year and a half. It's ridiculous.

cyberman

Just saw the ball hits the referee before the goal, aren’t they auto drop balls now?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
The only one who deserves to feel a little joy tonight is Ronaldo.

The only one who will be mightily relieved is Ole.

The Fans, the ones who actually understand our situation, are left frustrated at the way we played, against an average Serie A team.

This is going to be one long drawn out and dull affair.

Meanwhile, Spurs sign Conte. Ugh.

We drew against a team which Man City will smash 4-5 and Chelsea will easily get a clean sheet.

Your assessment is delusional.
Have you erected a statue for Ole outside your home yet?

I'd say he's deserved it with the fantastic two results lately.
He’s a club legend and he cares for the club. He is doing a fantastic job. 2-2 away to Atalanta is amazing when you consider Ole has not spent any money and has a 36 y/o as his main striker.. that alone should show you how poor the rest of the squad is and clearly ole is overachieving with what he has. Ole getting us into the Champions League is truly a better achievement than Leicester winning the league.

Asger

Of course we want to win, but difficult to believe that when half the squad is just overrated players. Not many that would be in the Chelsea/City/Liverpool squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s a club legend and he cares for the club. He is doing a fantastic job. 2-2 away to Atalanta is amazing when you consider Ole has not spent any money and has a 36 y/o as his main striker.. that alone should show you how poor the rest of the squad is and clearly ole is overachieving with what he has. Ole getting us into the Champions League is truly a better achievement than Leicester winning the league.
:lol::lol::lol:

Stop wumming please.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Please tell me you're trolling and not actually serious? Please.

Dobba

Worst in the league :lol:

I thought the Top Reds were bad but fecking hell.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The fact I thought he was being serious just goes to show the embarrassing opinions some of our fans hold.

You just never know what you have to argue against.

The fact I thought he was being serious just goes to show the embarrassing opinions some of our fans hold.

You just never know what you have to argue against.
Hahaha, was actually just gonna say that so many people not realising actually proves some of the nonsense ole in come out with

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ronaldo MoTM with the draw. Bailly would have got it if we'd lost. Both were very good. Greenwood not far behind. Between 3s and 6s for the rest.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
And it hit Greenwood's arm. We were blessed with that equaliser.
I think the connection with Greenwood was viewed as accidental and not considered. I saw it immediately on the replay and was worried but the Atalanta players were complaining about the ball hitting the referee apparently.

Anyway, good to see the officials letting play go on in that situation. Would be silly to bring a goal back for that.

steve.crowford

Ole's sub was again impeccable although most won't acknowledge it. Pogba was having a nightmare, McTominay on a yellow - logical move is to get Fred in to spare McT since he can do the job, or maybe Matic to have a proper CDM. But he decided otherwise and sent out Matic for Pogba instead, risking McT but at the same time steadying midfield passes. Matic did a lot of tempo control passing.
Then Lingard was actually warming up, Sancho and VdB wasn't even warmed up and were on the bench and suddenly they're out there on the pitch, and making instant impact. With Bruno taken out De Roon was lost on who to mark for a few minutes, enough for us to make out small openings forward. It's the gap in concentration in the last minutes of the usually tactically disciplined Atlanta that Ole exploited with his last two subs.
Any other sub than those exact 4 would have not given us any chance near their goal. That was some very sharp instinct on who to sub on, when and why. It's Ole's trademark at this point.

oz insomniac

Despite what a lot think , with the energy of Fred missing in midfield and the usual invisible performance from McTominlay, and the sulking Pogba , shouldnt be a surprise that we look insipid.

Ole really has selection amnesia, and as for style, no need to comment.

A draw that perhaps wasn’t deserved , thanks to Ronaldo and again Rashford just lacks the touch needed against these better teams.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think Varane's injury helped the game only because it forced Ole into switching his tactical approach. Greenwood was decent today.

Ole generally isn't versatile or confident enough to switch things up mid-game

julianfr

5 at the back don't work and ditch at half time. 4 at the back also don't work and we were so toothless. What's next?

Individual brilliance save Ole job again.

White handkerchief!
Knowing Ole he might go 6 at the back. 2 CBs, 2 RBs, 2 LBs.

Otherwise it was a tactical masterclass from Ole! Can't wait for him to bring on a 42 year old Messi in a few years time to do a job like CR7 is doing now.

julianfr

All over the place, terrible tactics, no style of play. Massive point though, we should have had all three so I see as 2 dropped.

I have no idea where we would be without De Gea and Ronaldo this season. Brilliant finish hy Ronaldo, 36 year old has 9 in 10 for us. It's scary to see what numbers he would produce if we had a proper manager.
Sadly we might never see that day :rolleyes:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
worse than that Norwich cnut? Bielsa? Dean Smith?
Bielsa is a fraud, one way of playing and don’t get me started on his fecking bucket.
Congratulations your coach might be better than Norwich’s. Do You not want something better than that?

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 69% of 391 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atalanta win
  • Draw