g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Preston North End 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 16 February 2015

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
United through to the last eight to play Arsenal at Old Trafford.

Last edited:

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Decent performance. Conceded a deflected goal but didn't give up too many chances while creating a decent number themselves.
But I don't think PNE were as good as Cambridge though.

Young did well for us, good to have him back.
Decent performances by everyone except Falcao. Looks bad for him, VG certainly seems to see his limitations.

Still some sloppy passing, even by the likes of Blind. Wouldn't be good enough against Arsenal.

Last edited:

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Another really shit first half followed by an improved second half.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Niall, I used to post these post match threads, any chance you can stop doing it so perfectly on full time, I used to feel important.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Only started playing after their goal. Dicked them in the last twenty minutes or so. Good win.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Team and shape that finished the game should start the next one.

Kazi

Rooney, Di Maria, Young, Fellaini, Herrera, Blind. That should be the front six for our next fixtures. Stick with it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The less said about the performance itself untill Young's arrival the better to be fair. Good result nontheless.

Would be my Falcao's goodbye performance as well, Fellaini and Herrera have now as many goals as him this season, Smalling is just one behind. You can't justify that.

Moonred

Good second half. Sloppy first. ADM decent. Fellaini,Herrera good in the 2nd part of the game post change in tactics and personnel. Defence wasnt bad. And Young managed to influence the game after coming on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Giggs won us that game. It was obvious it was him nagging Van gaal about switching to the 442

Roboc7

Another very poor performance but we got the result and that is what matters, a few decent performances but nobody who comes away with loads of credit.

What we have to take from this is that the falcao experiment should be over, he shouldn't start for the team again and is genuinely holding the team back. Fellaini and Rooney both added something different up front, falcao offers nothing and I would gladly never see him in a utd shirt again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Crowd were superb again, went one nil down away from home, you would've thought we would hear a wall of noise from the Preston support but all you could hear was Uniteds.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
So Rooney is a striker, Herrera should be starting and Falcao is pretty much done. Who knew?

Posession based football is so stupid against teams like this that will sit deep and are organised. At least the team selection looks like it might be sorted from here on in.

talking robot

falcao should not play another game for us except if there is an injury crisis. we looked so much better after he went off.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Ah yes, the ABU's will feast on this for weeks on end

1st goal - Rooney interfering with play (because the sporting media here won't let anything as trivial as the actual laws of the game get in the way of their outrage).
2nd goal - Fellaini 'fouling' his marker. Within 48 hrs it will have gone from being an errant arm across the defender to a full on forearm smash.
3rd goal - Rooneys blatant cheating dive. Calls for him to be suspended for at least 3 games.

Joy!

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Two goals that shouldn't have been goals. You were poor until they scored. They should have had at least one player sent off. Rooney is still your best striker. I love Keown.

Ixion

It shouldn't take them getting a goal before we play with a bit of urgency. Pedestrian stuff before that.

Hed Zitin

Massive problem with us in the first half of games. We play with such lethargy.

Did enough. Fellaini was great up top. Rooney looks better than the other two up front. Far more involved in the game than they are.

Robbie Boy

Abysmal, lethargic first half in which we were completely devoid of any ideas. Much improved second half after the introduction of Young. Worrying that LvG seems to have to change his tactics in pretty much every match.

dsch

Hopefully that's the end of Falcao for a good while.

saivet

Happy enough with the performance. We were the better team throughout. Issues with the performance but overall, satisfied.

rpitchfo

PNE really tired towards the end. Young appeared to be the difference.

Dylan94

Ashley Young singlehandedly won us that game along with whoever decided to bring him on. And basically we're in the semi finals now. Because we never loose against Arsenal at home. That's just not happening.

Getsme

Over the total 90 minutes we were terrible, yet again no penetration in the final third. Credit to the manager though he made a dam good change.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hopefully this change of formation, which is nothing more than playing our players in positions they're familiar with, will show LVG the way now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Two goals that shouldn't have been goals. You were poor until they scored. They should have had at least one player sent off. Rooney is still your best striker. I love Keown.
Oh Jesus Christ. Another ridiculous post.

Why you haven't been banned from the United forum is beyond me considering your habit of making posts which are bound to get a reaction.

montpelier

decent last half hour

ADM, Fellaini and Wazza are a great attack

Phil Dowd :wenger:, pretty much making it up as he goes along

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Typical poor first half. Falcao still hasn't impressed what so ever. De Gea's first mistake didn't matter. Fellaini is only good as a striker. No idea who was man of the match. The urgency was there. No faffing about in the second half. The midfielders still need to be more composed when defending. Preston players shouldn't be able to get past players this easily.

dsch

Oh Jesus Christ. Another ridiculous post.

Why you haven't been banned from the United forum is beyond me considering your habit of making posts which are bound to get a reaction.
There's nothing indefensible in there, really.

JoaquinJoaquin

Surely you aren't going to talk of Rooney's dive when you have two serial cheaters in Sturridge and Sterling?

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 474 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Preston win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Preston 0:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Preston 0:3 Man Utd