g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 11 (Nov 4th - Nov 5th 2017)

Anustart89

It is really stupid thing when refs make decisions based on players weight. If zlatan or giroud were on sterlings place it would be all clear. But when small players fall down, it is always a foul. Stupid
(Didn't mean to quote you, sorry)

:lol: So many people completely disregard Monreal's legs impeding Sterling who won the duel... But then again, it's City...

Shoulder to shoulder is when the ball is between two players, not when one has it and the other just goes into him. Learn the rules FFS. It's not as if in PL there are different rules to follow.
Sterling didn't have the ball ffs, he took a heavy touch and Monreal was as close to the ball as Sterling was. He had just as much a claim to the ball as Sterling had based on the distance to the ball.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What was Aguero carrying when he went off? Presumably passed it to Jesus as well

Some kind of electronic device?

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Sterling didn't have the ball ffs, he took a heavy touch and Monreal was as close to the ball as Sterling was. He had just as much a claim to the ball as Sterling had based on the distance to the ball.
Sterling has the ball is going past Monreal in speed, then Monreal brusts into him and also trips him on the legs. Both ESPN commentators I'm watching said pen even before the ref. whistled. I don't know what you're talking about but it doesn't have anything to do with rules about misconduct.

I undersand the spirit in PL is to engage more in physical duels, but at the end of the day a foul is a foul in Spain, Germany, Italy, England or wherever.

Terminator

:lol: So many people completely disregard Monreal's legs impeding Sterling who won the duel... But then again, it's City...

Shoulder to shoulder is when the ball is between two players, not when one has it and the other just goes into him, and not when one players trips the other on the legs. Learn the rules FFS. It's not as if in PL there are different rules to follow.
Sterling had a lose touch and the ball was 50-50. Also, Sterling was already going down before the legs got tangled.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's crazy. Punishing players for having strength. Really poor refereeing
Yes. How many times you saw lukaku or zlatan losing a ball because of shoulder on shoulder action? They stay on their feet but lose it. But when some big defender uses the same power on any smaller player it is a foul.
Premier league wasn't like that before. But now as zlatan said last year, PL is like la liga. Every contact in which player goes down is a foul.

Paul_Scholes18

I agree but I'd want to give the players the least amount of opportunity to cock it up so by choosing a system and formation which does half the job for them.
I think a compact 4-3-3 against the 4-3-3 they have work best. if you got wingback they will be pushed so deep and they can then create 2 vs 1 situations on the wing more easily when your midfielders is pushed to cover in the middle.

For us it would be Matic shield to cover the space in front of our defense with herrera pressing a bit higher and Pogba as our guy to help the attack and win some duels in midfield. Rashford and Ashley Young as wingers for me to be able to work well enough to press and stop them advancing with Rashford being key for our counter attacks. Jones and Bailly central defense with Darmian (probably better than Blind for that game) and Valencia as fullbacks.

I would even consider dropping Lukaku and playing Rashford on his own up front.

idmanager

AFTV will be fun today with Lacazette not starting but coming on and scoring after 2-0 down :lol::lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I like Wenger but his stubbornness is infuriating. Just start your record signing ffs.