Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The cnuts haven't been the second biggest club in England for over 20 years ffs..

Anyone wanting them to win the league should feck off though.
They're by far England's second biggest club, who else is? You?

Recent Trophies don't = size. They have the fanbase, and are relevant even when they aren't winning.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
This is the worst Ive seen Arsenal defensively....ever. They will be calling for Arsene by the end of the year.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
They're by far England's second biggest club, who else is? You?

Recent Trophies don't = size. They have the fanbase, and are relevant even when they aren't winning.
Literally the ONLY way they would be the second biggest club is if you were basing it on number of league titles. If they have the fanbase, why exactly are they behind us in shirt sales, licensing deals and basically every single concrete metric of how big a club is? Just because they talk enough for 10 people each doesn't make them a big club.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Literally the ONLY way they would be the second biggest club is if you were basing it on number of league titles. If they have the fanbase, why exactly are they behind us in shirt sales, licensing deals and basically every single concrete metric of how big a club is? Just because they talk enough for 10 people each doesn't make them a big club.
Nonsense.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They're bigger by Chelsea by quite a large margin. Come on now.

It's United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and the rest.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
They're bigger by Chelsea by quite a large margin. Come on now.

It's United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and the rest.
If you ignore every financial and sporting metric, and just pick whatever names you think should be there, then sure I guess.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I mean I hate Liverpool as much as any rational United fan, but you are talking complete bollocks. Arsenal haven’t even won a single European cup ffs. You can’t possobly suggest they are a bigger club than Liverpool. They just aren’t, sorry.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You're not a bigger club than Liverpool, ask anybody in England who the top two are in terms of size and they will say United and Liverpool. They have the history, you do not. They've won 18 league titles and are 5 times champions league winners.

We generate more revenue than A.C Milan, by a significant amount. Are we a 'bigger club' than them?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chelsea and Arsenal are both bigger clubs than Liverpool in just about every metric except trophies.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I mean I hate Liverpool as much as any rational United fan, but you are talking complete bollocks. Arsenal haven’t even won a single European cup ffs. You can’t possobly suggest they are a bigger club than Liverpool. They just aren’t, sorry.
He thinks Chelsea are bigger, not Arsenal.

Which is worse ..

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
People still laughing at Arnautovic as a decent backup striker?
To be honest I don't think he would do well in a backup role, he's a bit of a stroppy fecker and has a definite ego. He's best when he's in that star man role in a team built around getting him chances.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If you ignore every financial and sporting metric, and just pick whatever names you think should be there, then sure I guess.
You tell me yourself and be honest, which one's the bigger team in London: Arsenal or Chelsea?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He seems to have calmed down lately but you could be right. At least Jose knows him from before.
I think he's content at the moment, he's being played in a role where he thrives and he's the main man at the club. Take him out of that and stick him on a bench? Dodgy, IMO.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Let's just write off history then. I guess City will be bigger than Liverpool soon?
No "Big" club goes approx 30 years without a league title, history is only part of the story. And yes City could one day become bigger than Liverpool if in another 30 years Liverpool don't win a title and City win plenty.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Seem to be a fair few empty seats at the Emirates. Don't normally watch Arsenal outside of the big games - is that common? Pretty poor considering the new era they're entering.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No "Big" club goes approx 30 years without a league title, history is only part of the story. An yes City could one day become bigger than Liverpool if in another 30 years Liverpool don't win a title and City win plenty
Clearly they do, especially when they've won the CL in that time. You honestly don't think Liverpool are a big club?

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Seem to be a fair few empty seats at the Emirates. Don't normally watch Arsenal outside of the big games - is that common? Pretty poor considering the new era they're entering.
It's been common for the past few years. With the highest priced tickets in the land and no ambition at the club, it's hard to get excited.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Clearly they do, especially when they've won the CL in that time. You honestly don't think Liverpool are a big club?
Not any more, only by name. Although they seem to be trying to become one again lately

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You tell me yourself and be honest, which one's the bigger team in London: Arsenal or Chelsea?
Now, Chelsea. 10 years ago, Arsenal without a doubt. Clubs grow in stature, and decline in stature. There was a time when Ajax were one of the worlds biggest clubs, would you call them that now?