Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Also, Anderson just being able to run the entire pitch and casually pass it across for Arnautovic :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Let's just write off history then. I guess City will be bigger than Liverpool soon?
Where did I say that.
History counts for feck all and less and less so as time goes by.
Using the history logic Villa, Huddersfield, Preston and Sunderland are bigger clubs than Spurs... you know that's not true in this day and age. History counts for feck all and will less and less as for better or worse fans become more attracted to instant success.

Their was a time when Bayern had no history and were little players in the Bundesliga, same with PSG. Both are easily their leagues biggest clubs.
I have no clue if City will be bigger than Liverpool or not in 10 years or 20 years, I won't be guessing the future either but I can see what's clear as day in front of me. Chelsea currently are a bigger club than Liverpool no doubt in every measurable metric.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Now, Chelsea. 10 years ago, Arsenal without a doubt. Clubs grow in stature, and decline in stature. There was a time when Ajax were one of the worlds biggest clubs, would you call them that now?
:houllier:

Nobody thinks you're the 2nd biggest club in England. Arsenal are far bigger than you in London ffs, clubs don't become small/big over the space of decades.

With Ajax we're talking the total decline of the league they play in, though they're still a very big club with a rich history.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Where did I say that.
History counts for feck all and less and less so as time goes by.
Using the history logic Villa, Huddersfield, Preston and Sunderland are bigger clubs than Spurs... you know that's not true in this day and age. History counts for feck all and will less and less as for better or worse fans become more attracted to instant success.

Their was a time when Bayern had no history and were little players in the Bundesliga, same with PSG. Both are easily their leagues biggest clubs.
I have no clue if City will be bigger than Liverpool or not in 10 years or 20 years, I won't be guessing the future either but I can see what's clear as day in front of me. Chelsea currently are a bigger club than Liverpool no doubt in every measurable metric.
The clubs you've mentioned have totally dropped off from being relevant and have plummeted to the lower leagues, they haven't just had lean years in terms of a trophy. Liverpool are still hugely relevant, and have a history which pisses all over anybody in the league aside from United.

Shocker as Manchester City fan doesn't rate history as important. Just because you were founded when the oil money came flooding in doesn't mean everybody else is going to forget what came before it.

Moonwalker

Ffs, go away with your pointless bigger debates.
The debate is so thought provoking, we'll be reading "my dad is stronger than your dad" any time now. Perhaps they should settle the old Xbox versus Playstation debate while they're at it.

JohnSuarez

Supports
Liverpool
The clubs you've mentioned have totally dropped off from being relevant and have plummeted to the lower leagues, they haven't just had lean years in terms of a trophy. Liverpool are still hugely relevant, and have a history which pisses all over anybody in the league aside from United.

Shocker as Manchester City fan doesn't rate history as important. Just because you were founded when the oil money came flooding in doesn't mean everybody else is going to forget what came before it.
Been seeing your posts lately and fair play, you speak some of the most sense I’ve seen an opposition fan speak towards other teams.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Anyway, feck Arnautovic, Anderson is the player who I've been impressed with this game. Plenty of times his teammates have messed up after great work from him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Recent success does not = bigger club, at least not as far as I am concerned. History matters.
History does matter yes. However it diminishes over time and recent success also matters. Clubs don't stay big clubs forever, just because they have a history.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some people here are strange, it's like if it's not a WC signing they don't want to know.
There's nothing strange about it. He's wildly inconsistent and has been all throughout his career, he has a massive ego and wouldn't accept second fiddle and he would cost an asinine amount of money due to the astronomical fees in this league in particular.

That's not to say he's totally useless, but not a prudent purchase at all.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
People really wanting Arnautovic :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Anderson wasn't even doing anything particularly special there and Arsenal players were just falling over ffs :lol: