Premier League Gameweek 4-6

Ladron de redcafe

I don't give a flying feck about conspiracy theories and FA pushing for Liverpool to win anything, but there's little discussion about the fact that Klopp's constant moaning might have influence on the referees and he gets a pass from media for talking bullshit where others would be rightly criticised.
But he does get criticized for it, doesn't it? Just as Ferguson used to get criticized for doing the same thing.

I'm not sure there's anything egregious about it either. Lots of top managers try to put the pressure on referees to gain an advantage.

But I don't think it's accurate to say that Klopp gets a pass for it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Talking about cnuts.... I see BT have wheeled out Duncan (Tiny Dick - I've seen an uncensored Daily Star photo) Ferguson.

Loon

:lol:
first time I’ve noticed “Player of the Match” Never noticed the change. Mind you, never thought I’d see Pickford get one.

Deery

Dreary
Another 12:30pm coupon buster, you have to question it at this point.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not if arsenal have anything to do about it. There the only team to have 100% record yet everyone still talks about city?..
not really been tested yet. Halaand will get a hat-trick against them

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Why are people so determined to make out he’s some scrub, he does this regularly!
Yeah he's a very good keeper. He's just an easy target because of his size and he's a bit of a maniac... But he's far better then Ramsdale or Henderson

That save at the end was first rate

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Heaven help us BT - The Joe Cole Cast. talking to the dull as feck Milner or is it Henderson). No thanks

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Even though Liverpool hit the post about 200 times and Pickford was in wall mode second half I think Everton deserved that point.

Fought for every single ball, counter attacked well and on another day (as never seems to be the case when they play Liverpool) they could've scored 2-3 themselves.

Given the FFP restrictions they've signed pretty well, are keeping games tight and already in dogs of war mode at Goodison. Worked well for them end of last season.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Liverpool not looking good. The Bournemouth game was a complete anomaly so that can be ignored, their performances in the other games haven't been great. This game there was pure chaos. Their midfield has never been a hub of creativity, but it's now aging as well. Think they could add a Jude Bellingham or even an FDJ next summer.

Schnappo

Missed the game, how did Nunez play?
Had a couple of well struck shots, one of which forced a brilliant save from Pickford. Other than that, he looks like a level below from a technical level. He's just so clumsy.

Member 101269

Liverpool the best that ever was and ever will be; i'm not sure next week they'll smash a pizza let lone win in Italy

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Even though Liverpool hit the post about 200 times and Pickford was in wall mode second half I think Everton deserved that point.

Fought for every single ball, counter attacked well and on another day (as never seems to be the case when they play Liverpool) they could've scored 2-3 themselves.

Given the FFP restrictions they've signed pretty well, are keeping games tight and already in dogs of war mode at Goodison. Worked well for them end of last season.
It’s why I don’t think Lampard is as bad a manager as people make out.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Pickford was amazing , Van Dijk tackle was clear Red Card , Everton goal for me was onside and the referees are clearly giving a favour to liVARpool, they still gave them 1 more attack even the time is up :lol::lol:. Everton deserved at least 1 point maybe the all 3 points, Newcastle last week got robbed :nono:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Enjoyable game. Both teams were poor Liverpool were extremely lackluster and Everton basically don't have an attack.

Missed the game, how did Nunez play?
Poor.

Also why has Lampard signed a striker who doesn't score?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
first time I’ve noticed “Player of the Match” Never noticed the change. Mind you, never thought I’d see Pickford get one.
in this situation, it's also stupid. It's a men's game in the PL. I really think they could go Man of the Match. I fully understand the term "batter" in cricket these days but "Player" just sounds forced here

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s why I don’t think Lampard is as bad a manager as people make out.
Pound for pound he's getting miles out of his resources far more than Gerrard that's for sure.

If you fight for every ball Goodison will respond. Meanwhile we'll be 5-10 yards off City in a few hours and we'll get booed off the pitch again.

I'm very worried about being in a relegation scrap now as we're playing arguably the worst football in the league at present.

phelans shorts

Yeah he's a very good keeper. He's just an easy target because of his size and he's a bit of a maniac... But he's far better then Ramsdale or Henderson

That save at the end was first rate
His personality is little different to the other two mind, it’s baffling. He’s a bit short but if I were picking a side, particularly for a big game, he’d easily be the English keeper.

I rate Ramsdale highly but still have him behind Pickford in one off big occasions. Probably would prefer Ramsdale over the course of a season but there’s not much in it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Enjoyable game. Both teams were poor Liverpool were extremely lackluster and Everton basically don't have an attack.

Poor.

Also why has Lampard signed a striker who doesn't score?
Maupay scored as much as Richarlison last season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His personality is little different to the other two mind, it’s baffling. He’s a bit short but if I were picking a side, particularly for a big game, he’d easily be the English keeper.

I rate Ramsdale highly but still have him behind Pickford in one off big occasions. Probably would prefer Ramsdale over the course of a season but there’s not much in it.
Pickford is the perfect tournament keeper really, over 45-50 game season he has lapses too often but short 4-6 game spell he can step up.

Judas

Open to offers
They just look tired and old for the most part. I'm sure they'll kick on eventually, but its a team in obvious need of a rebuild. Is Klopp the actual man to do it, because he hasn't been before.

Ladron de redcafe

Don’t think he changed the angle of the ball. If anything, it slipped under his gloves.
I didn't see a change in the trajectory, either.

Good point for Everton, and Liverpool are in danger of seeing a potential title challenge extinguished even this early on.

PoTMS

The frequent draws will start to cost Liverpool like us last season.

Stadjer

Pickford is the perfect tournament keeper really, over 45-50 game season he has lapses too often but short 4-6 game spell he can step up.
Thats fine but what if he has the lapse of confidence or does something weird during the knock out? You cant plan to only have his bad moments in games where his team is 4-0 up.

Ramsdale is a much more boring keeper. Maybe less 'highs' in really good saves but also less lows by doing something a goalkeeper shouldnt be doing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Let's revisit this tomorrow, okay?
I think we’ll beat them… just saying why does everyone still talk about city when there’s a team in front of them that’s won all the games? Also city should of lost to Newcastle and almost lost to palace. Better teams would of hung on to the result.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think we've actually won at Goodison for about four years? @SilentWitness can confirm? If that's the case then I'm not too distraught about the point. More worried about the fact that we played like dogs for large portions of this match.

Milner is unironically championship quality; felt like after he came on our momentum vanished. Jota looked decent. Salah's dribbling has regressed. Trent and Robertson weren't great. Carvalho and Elliott weren't able to have a discernible impact on the game.

I'm sure Napoli away will be a comfortable affair :lol: