Premier League Gameweek 4

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Fair enough that you resent Rashford due to recent performances, but Dan James - what on earth has he done wrong? 3 goals in 4 PL games is pretty impressive.
That one surprised me as well. I thought Dan James had been excellent so far. He has been a threat in every game played.

Classical Mechanic

Criticism like that is fair enough, but saying he's done feck all when he's playing as a wing back and assisted their goal is a bit odd. There's only so involved a wing back is going to be in a game.
It was a good contribution for sure, he should be beating Digne more though given the physical mismatch there. He still on two dribbles.

Nick7

That looked a perfectly fine tackle by Neves right in front of the ref. Weird.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Lamela, Sissoko, Rose and Winks. With Sanchez at RB.

Would be absolutely astounded if we get anything.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Looks a good team to me with good options on the bench.
Watched us much?

Rose and Sanchez are defensive liabilities, Winks and Sissoko is a midfield devoid of anything creative, and Lamela puts in 1 good performance every 5 games.

Options on the bench are very good, but it's a question of whether we're in the game long enough for it to matter.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Jimenez has turned into one hell of a player. André Gomes has been great here too, mindblowing how Renato Sanches got called up to the national team ahead of him

marktan

Watched us much?

Rose and Sanchez are defensive liabilities, Winks and Sissoko is a midfield devoid of anything creative, and Lamela puts in 1 good performance every 5 games.

Options on the bench are very good, but it's a question of whether we're in the game long enough for it to matter.
You have been poor recently when I've watched, but on paper it's still a good team and Arsenal have weaknesses outside of the front 3. Should be a fairly evenly contested match atleast.

Sylar

Europa League is going to affect Wolves this season.
Everton are goign to be great at home. Not sure about their away form especially given how they defend.

Leicester still looking the best bet for cracking top6.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What's wrong Winks and Lamela?
Nothing is wrong with Winks, but you need players around him who are creative. Both him and Sissoko in the same midfield = a lot of sideways passing with no real progression upfield. We've seen that so many times in big and small games. We will be entirely reliant on Eriksen to do something, and if Arsenal can cancel him out of the game will be lost creatively. Ndombele would have been a big help.

Lamela's just not very good. Constantly runs in to trouble and must be one of the most dispossessed players in the league. He's a decent option, especially off the bench, but 8/10 when he starts you get a highly frustrating performance. I get why he's selected for these kind of games though, because he works hard and has bite to him, that and lucas/son don't really work well together.

Alli and Ndombele back in the starting lineup ASAP would be fantastic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Everton are goign to be great at home. Not sure about their away form especially given how they defend.

I watch all these teams and I am worried about the end of the season

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

The quality in the top 10 of the PL is something else.

Sylar

I watch all these teams and I am worried about the end of the season
Not just the end, but the whole season going forward. A lot of these teams look like they have goals in them. Most of these teams are so much better than us at set pieces too. And crossing. And creating from open play.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not just the end, but the whole season going forward. A lot of these teams look like they have goals in them. Most of these teams are so much better than us at set pieces too. And crossing. And creating from open play.
Their set pieces are very good. They hit them right and their players connect with the ball

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

The gap from 3rd-10th is going to be very tight. Each team has one standout weakness and strength.