Premier League Gameweek 4

prateik

He didn’t disappear last season.
You obviously saw him a lot more than me.. but I remembered him getting off to a great start at Everton and then not doing much (at least in terms of scoring.. I didnt watch matches to know how much he contributed) for several months....

Googled.. He scored 8 goals in the first 2 months, despite missing 2 games due to suspension.. the scored 2 goals (Burnley,Huddesfield - both relegated) in the next 5 months from Oct to March.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Torino were 8th

Do agree with the rest, as far as the top 10 is concerned, though the difference 7-10 there's not much. 1 to 6 is were the real gulf is. Bottom half is usually pretty much equal everywhere(big 4)
Uh I've checked the table with 3 different sources. Torino were 7th?

Bottom half of the Prem are mostly not very good and probably equivalent to other leagues.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You obviously saw him a lot more than me.. but I remembered him getting off to a great start at Everton and then not doing much (at least in terms of scoring.. I didnt watch matches to know how much he contributed) for several months....

Googled.. He scored 8 goals in the first 2 months, despite missing 2 games due to suspension.. the scored 2 goals (Burnley,Huddesfield - both relegated) in the next 5 months from Oct to March.
Our whole team was crap from December to March.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Urgh I hate the pre-match feeling before a NLD. These matches always make me feel sick :lol:.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We spent over 100 million on midfielders. One of those (Ndombele) is injured and the other (Lo Celso) apparently isn't ready, which is Pochettino's decision. Sessegnon is also injured.

If Pochettino expected us to spend over 200m or whatever, then that's silliness and was never going to happen. We weren't about to turn over an entire squad in one season.
Isn’t lo Celso a loan? It is weird that he isn’t starting yet. If he doesn’t command a start, then it might have been great decision from Levy to loan him rather than buy him last summer. If Spurs has bought Dyballa or Countinho , instead they would have definitely started this game over the likes of Lamela. However, Lo Celso looked good in la Liga, so maybe he is a player that can not adapt quickly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

We could do with a player like that

prateik

Isn’t lo Celso a loan? It is weird that he isn’t starting yet. If he doesn’t command a start, then it might have been great decision from Levy to loan him rather than buy him last summer. If Spurs has bought Dyballa or Countinho , instead they would have definitely started this game over the likes of Lamela. However, Lo Celso looked good in la Liga, so maybe he is a player that can not adapt quickly.
Have to buy if they finish in the top 4 apparently.

Joined on deadline day.. Probably just getting used to the team/system.
This is hardly the game to throw him in.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Uh I've checked the table with 3 different sources. Torino were 7th?

Bottom half of the Prem are mostly not very good and probably equivalent to other leagues.
Ah you're right, Lazio actually finished behind them :wenger:

Though that's partly down to lazio winning the italian cup and going "ah feck it" in their last 2 games(bologna and torino away, incidentally)

Damn serie A was weird last year :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's a loan but I'm pretty sure we have to buy and that it was only a loan so that Betis didn't have to pay a fee to PSG. Don't think for one second they'd agree to loan him out without knowing that money was coming.

We tried for Coutinho and he rejected us (that and the loan fee/wages were insane anyway) and clearly did make a serious push for Dybala but got caught up in the same shite United did. It wasn't a perfect window but over 100m worth of talent was brought in to the club, it's just a shame right now that none of the talent is being reflected in the teamsheet due to various reasons.

prateik

We could do with a player like that
Considering we have no right winger, sure.. Just not the perfect RW.

Anyone would be an upgrade .. Lingard/Mata/Pereira prefer to play in the middle. Rashford is a striker... James is a left winger. We have no one.. its a joke..

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
First we'd have to see who are the 7-10 sides in other leagues

West Ham have a 50m striker who i think is very good and has started well, but 1) having a couple better players doesn't make you a better team automatically and 2) their 50m striker was signed from the 7th team of last season's bundesliga. Next season, one of those clubs will do the same
What mid-table teams in other leagues can spend 50m on a striker? I see what your saying but looking at a squad like Everton, I can't think of a midtable team in another league that can assemble a team like that.

United58

He’s great so far. Always positive and looking to move forward with the ball and aside from the goals he’s had a few shots that have been dangerous and could have been a goal on another day. Excited about him.
Is he worth a look in Fantasy? I'm off to a poor start :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well.. they all disappeared for half the season then.. That would include Richarlason
He was playing as a CF one week, RW the next and then LW the next. He can’t do everything himself. He was the standout alongside Digne and Gueye in what was an up and down season. Our whole team was crap but him and Digne were the top performers during that.

big rons sovereign

I see traitorous former spurs and arsenal, racism wolf cryer, Tory twatbag sol Campbell is in the studio. Has he said anything ridiculous yet?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So is Jose a permanent fixture for Sky now? He's been out of a managerial job for sometime. None of the big clubs are seemingly interested in him.

prateik

We wants Spurs to drub Arsenal, right?

Arsenal are very much a confidence side.. Hope Spurs destroy them.

big rons sovereign

You're an admirer I see.
He's just always come across as colossal tosser. Don't know why I get that vibe off him, maybe it's the connection to any arsenal player from that era of keown viera etc.
I also used to despise Lee Dixon but he comes across as a normal fan type these days, campbell seems to have an unwarranted arrogance about him.
Dammit, I'm outta posts again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Considering we have no right winger, sure.. Just not the perfect RW.

Anyone would be an upgrade .. Lingard/Mata/Pereira prefer to play in the middle. Rashford is a striker... James is a left winger. We have no one.. its a joke..
The perfect performance for a RW then.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Why didn't we buy alderweireld for 25 mill? Why, why, why? Compared to that limp dicked Lindelof.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What mid-table teams in other leagues can spend 50m on a striker? I see what your saying but looking at a squad like Everton, I can't think of a midtable team in another league that can assemble a team like that.
I look at the everton team and other than maybe digne and Richarlison i don't see a player that particularly impresses me. Kean is young, Iwobi is a good young player, the rest are your run-of-the-mill midtable players. Good, but nothing to write home about. By that token betis have fekir and william carvalho, lazio have milinkovic-savic, immobile and luis alberto...