Premier League Gameweek 8 fixtures (05th - 07th October 2018)

Smores

Imagine this place if we went a game and half without a shot on target

Castia

Garry left his mic on and dropped the F bomb whilst slagging somebody off.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
So these are supposed to be the teams that play beautiful football? WORST half of football i've seen in a very long time, BY FAR worse than any united game, passing the ball behing a trillion times and ZERO chances upfront from either side, hilarious.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Poor game, we're happy to LVG it with the ball, and not overcommit, sitting deep so Liverpool can't use their usual, let us press and hoof it over the top to destroy us again. Not pretty but Pep has got it spot on so far defensively which is a change. When Liverpool do push on we are missing KDB's long passing for counters.

All in all both have been good at the back and pretty shite attacking wise.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The game strikes me as one where the two managers have a lot of respect for each other. Much more tactical than what I expected.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Liverpool have done well. They do miss some creativity and drive from midfield. They've not been able to create too many chances as City have done well at taking care of the ball and preventing turnovers deep in their half.

City have been a bit sloppy in Liverpool's half. Sterling continues his run of being ineffective at Anfield. Could have had a penalty but they're still the happier side going into the dressing room.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone find a gif of Neville going off at the end of the half?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool unable to muster a shot on target for 1 and a half matches. Gonna be tough for the Pool acolytes at Sky to spin this one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So these are supposed to be the teams that play beautiful football? WORST half of football i've seen in a very long time, BY FAR worse than any united game, passing the ball behing a trillion times and ZERO chances upfront from either side, hilarious.
Liverpool don't this season, and City know they actually have to nullify Liverpool's threat this time. Neither play stunning stuff at the mo though.

To be fair, these kind of games against a big side happened quite often when we were playing great football too.

mav_9me

Liverpool lacking imagination at the moment, too many hopeful balls over the top to Salah who finds himself isolated 99% of the time.
It's like without their pressing and subsequent turnover they can't necessarily create.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Pep needs to get Sane on and attack the Gomez-Lovern side. It is a clear weakness in defense.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Liverpool unable to muster a shot on target for 1 and a half matches. Gonna be tough for the Pool acolytes at Sky to spin this one.
They are coming up with every excuse under the sun right now. The most popular one being tiredness.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Both team's defenses have been brilliant. Liverpool's at keeping tabs on Aguero, Sterling and Mahrez. City's at keeping out Liverpool's front 3 and taking the sting out of the game by keeping the ball despite the press.

montpelier

Sane has a tendency to being a bit BillyBigtime apparently - Pep is therefore really strict with him.

He was late for injury treatment last week or something.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
We've been ok, shown them too much respect, would love strong too move to the right, for me he's never as effective on the left.

Was a pen for me but don't think many refs would give that at Anfield

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Both team's defenses have been brilliant. Liverpool's at keeping tabs on Aguero, Sterling and Mahrez. City's at keeping out Liverpool's front 3 and taking the sting out of the game by keeping the ball despite the press.
City are scary good at that.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
More like both attacks have been shite.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The love fest surrounding both of these teams is vomit-inducing

Smores

Never mind Sky. Our "definetly not opposition" fans on here will pull out the works to twist it just watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They are coming up with every excuse under the sun right now. The most popular one being tiredness.
It’s not an excuse just an observation. We don’t have the same spark going forward and our pressing lasted about 15 minutes.

marktan

Can both of these lose?

Don't like Chelsea but I'd happily give them the title right now if offered a choice.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Liverpool have lost their flair at the expense of a bit more defensive solidity.

Nowhere near the attacking side of the previous two seasons and I think it's going to cost them.

When they don't blitz a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes they begin to fold.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Never mind Sky. Our "definetly not opposition" fans on here will pull out the works to twist it just watch
Caf posters aren't in a position of power, so you can excuse them for being ignorant. Pundits get paid huge amounts of money to spout off like idiots.

marktan

It’s not an excuse just an observation. We don’t have the same spark going forward and our pressing lasted about 15 minutes.
Salah's a big problem, haven't seen him dribble all season and most of his passes in the final third are missing their target.

Also I think you're missing Ox a bit, he was pretty good last season at joining the attacking three (in the big games I watched).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've been ok, shown them too much respect, would love strong too move to the right, for me he's never as effective on the left.

Was a pen for me but don't think many refs would give that at Anfield
Stones? or Sterling?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
These two teams are crap, we gonna win the league. Jose is smart, he did all of this on purpose, so everyone thinks we are shite, now we go on unbeaten run untill end of May. You heard it here first.
Should I have another beer or not?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Salah's a big problem, haven't seen him dribble all season and most of his passes in the final third are missing their target.

Also I think you're missing Ox a bit, he was pretty good last season at joining the attacking three (in the big games I watched).
Yeah we’re missing someone to carry the ball. Keita hasn’t been that player so far.

We should’ve gambled on Fekir.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
No surprise though is it. I said once the games started coming two per week you lot would begin to fall off

Keita and Fabinho are nowhere near up to speed yet. Milner and Wijnaldum have been your best players this season. Salah has regressed to the mean and Mane and Firminho are not firing on all cylinders.

Not going to lie, I'm loving it