g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I have a lot of respect for the members of the black community who are actively trying to influence and change the lives of those living in these deprived and crime ridden areas, but the problems they're facing cannot be resolved just by their efforts alone. When I said people need to start with themselves, I meant just that. And the idea that families staying together has a huge effect on people growing up isn't delusional, as you put it, I tell it from my personal experience and it doesn't just apply to black people, it's the same thing everywhere, no matter your race, nationality or background. I should be responsible for my own life, for my children, for my family, nobody else. It's great that there are active members of the community who offer help and assistance but unless I teach my kids by my own example and take responsibility for myself and my family, I can't expect any real positive changes. It's quite popular in America to blame schools for failing kids, especially from poor neighbourhoods but for my money, the problem starts at home. There's a reason kids who go to the same school end up in a different situations afterwards, and more often than not, it's their situation at home that either leads them to becoming a valued member of society or makes them stray onto a wrong path. There are exceptions, of course, but they only prove the rule.

Secondly, I never said that gang culture, poverty, drug dealing and violence is a ‘black thing’, like it only exists in black neighborhoods. That's what I hate the most, it's when people misquote others just so they could make their point more emphatically. Nice try, though.

Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks lived in a very different time in a very different country. They could only dream of the opportunities black people have now, despite all the racism, whether systemic or individual, it's incomparable to what it was like 50-60 years ago. It's fine to criticize modern America for everything that's wrong with it, including racial issues, but you can't honestly tell me there wasn't a huge progress made in the last few decades. People may feel it's nowhere near enough, and rightly so but that's a different argument.

My initial post was made to bring attention to the fact that due to the outrage aimed at police for killing another black man people en masse jump on the 'blame the system' wagon and it's easy to follow the well-beaten path either through fear of otherwise being called a racist or due to simply wanting to blend in and look 'liberal and progressive'. All the issues you've mentioned, including criminalization, mortgage and employment discrimination etc, are real and it should be rectified, no one argues that. But I stand by my opinion that the real change starts at home, and that applies to every nation or race.
Edit och he's banned what's the point

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London

It is 2 pics stuck together. Maybe more.
had a mare here, turns out it was legit. Turns out I know feckal about imagery amongst other things.
Im glad antihenry has continued to show exactly why I didn't bother to reply to them.

In between shooting up some other blacks and fathering lots of kids, Malcom Jenkins has this incredibly powerful response to Brees' stupid comments.
choked me up that.

As time goes on without any leadership from the top, and police exacerbate already fractured relations with the people they’re there to serve and protect, I just can’t see where it goes from here. What becomes the new normal.

As someone mentioned ( @sammsky1 maybe?) If this is what they’re willing to do to their own people, just imagine what places they’ve occupied across the world suffered.

Last edited:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I just got off the phone with one of my co-workers, she's the only African American in the whole office of 50+ people.
Anyway, she'd had reached out to our group and linked this article. She was crying as we were talking. Poor girl is very upset at these recent events.
For some perspective she's originally from Mississippi so I'm sure she's experienced her fair share of racism, though tbh that's pure speculation by me....

https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism

RedTiger

Half mast
As someone mentioned ( @sammsky1 maybe?) If this is what they’re willing to do to their own people, just imagine what places they’ve occupied across the world suffered.
We don't need to imagine though do we? We've been sharing images and stories on media between family and friends for almost 20 years now, but the reply always tended to be that there was a valid reason to act that way against the natives because the natives should have accepted their position of being guilty by association.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We don't need to imagine though do we? We've been sharing images and stories on media between family and friends for almost 20 years now, but the reply always tended to be that there was a valid reason to act that way against the natives because the natives should have accepted their position of being guilty by association.
'we have' been sharing but no-one listened or cared. Some Americans even took pleasure from it.

Chickens have rudely come home to roost and with a vengeance.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I just got off the phone with one of my co-workers, she's the only African American in the whole office of 50+ people.
Anyway, she'd had reached out to our group and linked this article. She was crying as we were talking. Poor girl is very upset at these recent events.
For some perspective she's originally from Mississippi so I'm sure she's experienced her fair share of racism, though tbh that's pure speculation by me....

https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism
Nah, mate not speculative at all. Mississippi is one of the worst states in the Union for racism.

entropy

Are there going to be any charges against the cop doc who concluded that Floyd died due to underlying health conditions? He is definitely part of the problem and needs to be part of the investigation.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Exactly. But I guess empathy is hard struck with people continents away with an alien language and culture.

'we have' been sharing but no-one listened or cared. Some Americans even took pleasure from it.

Chickens have rudely come home to roost and with a vengeance.
Indeed, indeed they have.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are there going to be any charges against the cop doc who concluded that Floyd died due to underlying health conditions? He is definitely part of the problem and needs to be part of the investigation.
Unless I missed something the final and official report concluded that it was an homicide, the previously leaked unofficial report was only that unofficial and incomplete, they were waiting for final results from labs.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Unless I missed something the final and official report concluded that it was an homicide, the previously leaked unofficial report was only that unofficial and incomplete, they were waiting for final results from labs.
I wonder who leaked it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder who leaked it.
I didn't really understood that one, it created confusion and I don't know if it was from journalists or the medical examiner himself. The only thing that is sure is that both autopsies from independent and the county concluded that it was an homicide, the main difference between the two is that the independent report says that he died from asphyxiation while the county medical examiner concluded that he died from cardiopulmonary arrest caused by the nature of the arrest.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
feck this. I can't stand that. Whatever his reasoning is, no need to danger a kid facing those polices (in this current climate). Just fecking poor parenting.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hasan Minhaj has spoken.
All people with desi heritage should watch this.
Stop hiding behind your own racism and ignorance.
#BeLikeRahulDube

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hasan Minhaj has spoken

I've been trying to listen to all of his videos recently. The Big Philanthropy one made me fall off my chair. I knew something was up but to paint it so clearly is crazy. I'll watch this one next.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

AFC NimbleThumb

There’s a lot of videos like this doing the rounds. It does seem as though anarchist/antifa/middle-class white kids who want to watch the world burn are pissing off a lot of the people they’re supposed to be supporting.
But I thought that it’s the blacks rioting & looting :rolleyes:

So pleasing to see videos like these are getting out there in volume this time.

Wolverine

I worked out why there was a comment about intoxicants, despite no mention of any tox screen (@Wolverine @Carolina Red ) The NYT did a detailed breakdown of events on the day and the kids from the cornershop that called the cops described him as “awfully drunk” and “not in control of himself” which the pathologist will have been told about (and/or smelt alcohol off him)
Have you read the autopsy? Its all here, released by the medical examiner and family
https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-...ary-arrest-was-positive-for-covid-19/5750262/

Some pertinent points
- cause of death: cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression
- multiple facial area muco-cutaneous injuries with contusions and abrasions around head and neck area suggestive of blunt force injuries
- cardiomegaly with severe biventricular dilated heart - probably undiagnosed heart failure I think +/- sequelae of uncontrolled hypertension
- severe multifocal atherosclerosis - probably never had a coronary angiogram before to treat, but 75% blockages in LAD,
- sickle cell trait (38% HbS)
- tox screen via blood and urine found fentanyl, THC, methamphatemine, cannabinoids, nicotine, morphine, caffeine along with their metabolites but no alcohol
- PCR positive via nasal swab for covid 19 - autopsy says asymptomatic and conjectures that possibly resolved infection and detected RNA was remnant of previous disease - no areas of infection in lungs but there was pulmonary congestion
- incidental finding of left pelvic mass which was a possible neuroendocrine tumour from histology

FireballXL5

There’s a lot of videos like this doing the rounds. It does seem as though anarchist/antifa/middle-class white kids who want to watch the world burn are pissing off a lot of the people they’re supposed to be supporting.
Every word she said was on the money. More power to her and I hope her message gets through. You don't shit in your own bed.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have you read the autopsy? Its all here, released by the medical examiner and family
https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-...ary-arrest-was-positive-for-covid-19/5750262/

Some pertinent points
- cause of death: cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression
- multiple facial area muco-cutaneous injuries with contusions and abrasions around head and neck area suggestive of blunt force injuries
- cardiomegaly with severe biventricular dilated heart - probably undiagnosed heart failure I think +/- sequelae of uncontrolled hypertension
- severe multifocal atherosclerosis - probably never had a coronary angiogram before to treat, but 75% blockages in LAD,
- they mentioned a known clinical history of hypertension - might account for the heart failure - probably poorly controlled to get that level of cardiomegaly
- sickle cell trait (38% HbS)
- tox screen via blood and urine found fentanyl, THC, methamphatemine, cannabinoids, nicotine, morphine, caffeine along with their metabolites but no alcohol
- PCR positive via nasal swab for covid 19 - autopsy says asymptomatic and conjectures that possibly resolved infection and detected RNA was remnant of previous disease - no areas of infection in lungs but there was pulmonary congestion
- incidental finding of left pelvic mass which was a possible neuroendocrine tumour from histology
Jaysus. For a relatively young man that’s a lot of pathology. Poor bloke. Looks like the initial snippets we heard are consistent with the full report. I’m glad they attribute his death to the restraint anyway. As it obviously wouldn’t have happened otherwise.

Deery

Dreary

That’s some of the most powerful shit I’ve ever seen..

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

There is plenty of anecdotal and some actual evidence of the far right creating chaos in order to undercut legitimate protests. Placing the blame for it on people like anarchists or Antifa is a Trump/Barr talking point that I would not espouse.

kidbob

From the reports I've read a lot of the 'antifa' things have been linked back to right wing groups trying to stir trouble. Not saying these reports are true but I'd be wary of labelling something either way. A little bit of a Reichstag fire feeling to it, especially since we've all been privy to the lies that these groups have pedalled over the last years. Now I ain't trying to absolve the groups you've mentioned in your post but it feels like right wing views would benefit most from inciting violence and encouraging 'bad press' against these protests. If you can convince people that the protestors are criminals then Trump is the one on the right side of the debate. The likely hood is that the right wing groups are involved as are the demographics you've mentioned too.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/twitter-r...onalist-group-posing-antifa/story?id=71024345

Here is one such article. The response to these necessary protests have led me to believe that America has become facist and if history tells us anything then fascists will use these type of misdirection tactics to direct anger in the wrong directions and to blame their enemies.

Regardless of what groups are responsible for the 'looting' though, that lady and the others who have opposed them are incredible and its heartbreaking to see them have to battle against people who are intentionally or unintentionally giving a bad name to their protests in some people's eyes.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Why the hell are they firing rubber bullets like that at peoples heads? They are quite clearly lethal or prone to do serious damage ffs.

They just seem completely mad, almost like if they scare the protesters enough they might just give up and go home
It's convenient to shoot someone with a rubber bullet. If anything serious happens it was just accident, unfortunate etc.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I thought twitter deactivated this vile racist cnut's account a while back?

Deery

Dreary
If you’re shooting a rubber bullet it should be between the neck and the torso..