Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Suv666

Disgusting ain’t it. Piece of shit should never see the light of day again but hopefully he is shitting it every night he has his freedom.
Beyond disgusting
No way he could afford 1mil on a cops salary. Some right wing group probably funding his bail. Bunch of cnuts.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No idea but I reckon some far right group maybe? Or are bails in the US paid in installments?
Had to have some sort of outside help. Bail, to my knowledge, can’t be paid in installments. I ran afoul of the law last year & needed to post bail. I offered to pay it myself, I would have had to pay the entirety of it. A close friend paid it, she had to pay 10% of it in cash. Don’t think there were ever payment terms discussed, it was cash on barrelhead.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bonds are 10-15% up front and there is a co-signor of the bond which then allows the bondsman to go after that person if the perp jumps/skips bail. Or hire a bounty-hunter or enforcement agent to get the perp.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
For anyone interested in taking a trip back in time, this oscar-nominated documentary from 1966 has been freely available by the church that (I think?) produced it:

It's set in Omaha, 2 years after the civil rights act, in a church that's actively wrestling with segregation. The world we live in now has lots of absurdities but it feels like another planet altogether.

Foxbatt

I saw the Kelly and Wright show last week and about Black lives matter and how much racism Wright has faced when he played. He said it was tough when his England team mates did not stand up for him when he gets abused when playing for England. There is so much of institutionalised racism everywhere. Surely there must be a good reason why there is not more than one black referee in the PL? I do not think there is any chairman or even a CEO in the PL?

arnie_ni

I saw the Kelly and Wright show last week and about Black lives matter and how much racism Wright has faced when he played. He said it was tough when his England team mates did not stand up for him when he gets abused when playing for England. There is so much of institutionalised racism everywhere. Surely there must be a good reason why there is not more than one black referee in the PL? I do not think there is any chairman or even a CEO in the PL?
Do you know how may black referees there is?

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
That's funny
Wait, I thought you posted this as an example of BS that gets thrown around, like the nonsense Kushner was spouting. I checked your posts in this thread and it seems you actually rate this guy. I'm speechless.

Edit: Just to add, I wasn't trying to be funny. With Kushner you can assume wilful ignorance, but this guy? He knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Wait, I thought you posted this as an example of BS that gets thrown around, like the nonsense Kushner was spouting. I checked your posts in this thread and it seems you actually rate this guy. I'm speechless.

Edit: Just to add, I wasn't trying to be funny. With Kushner you can assume wilful ignorance, but this guy? He knows what he's doing.
I know you wasn't trying to be funny

e.cantona

Had to google that "npr bit", I wouldn't know. He's spot on about a lot of things.

arnie_ni

On the show they said only one which was Rennie who has retired.
Sorry i meant on general.

Is it a case of there actually being no black refs to pick from?

Or is there black refs and they arent being picked?

I think we need to know the answer to that question first before asking why isnt there any in the pl

Withnail

Ok. I'm sure you are correct
Well the claim that a lot of the issues are based on poverty and admitting people of colour are more likely to be poor while glossing over and failing to delve into historical, socio-economic and political reasons why that might be the case seems a bit disingenuous to me.

I take it you disagree?

Withnail

Sorry i meant on general.

Is it a case of there actually being no black refs to pick from?

Or is there black refs and they arent being picked?

I think we need to know the answer to that question first before asking why isnt there any in the pl
Well it's like the manager thing and I think it goes deeper than that.

Are you saying if there are no black refs to choose from that there is no problem?

e.cantona

Well the claim that a lot of the issues are based on poverty and admitting people of colour are more likely to be poor while glossing over and failing to delve into historical, socio-economic and political reasons why that might be the case seems a bit disingenuous to me.

I take it you disagree?
I don't know. I might and I might not. The guy's been thinking about this stuff for 30 years. He even says so at the start of the five minute clip I posted. If you're curious I suggest you look into it.

Withnail

I don't know. I might and I might not. The guy's been thinking about this stuff for 30 years. He even says so at the start of the five minute clip I posted. If you're curious I suggest you look into it.
Look into what? I've told you what I think.

You on the other hand make a passive aggressive comment to me and then refuse to give your opinion. It's a bit childish to be honest.

e.cantona

Look into what? I've told you what I think.

You on the other hand make a passive aggressive comment to me and then refuse to give your opinion. It's a bit childish to be honest.
OK. Just because maybe I'm a bit slow and you calling me childish. What's the passive aggressive comment I made to you?

You told me very little. It's disingenuous to gloss over "historical, socio-economic and political reasons". I might and might not disagree in context of your question, "I take it you disagree", so I told you the guy's been thinking about this for more then five minutes in this video. You should look into it if you're curious.

Withnail

OK. Just because maybe I'm a bit slow and you calling me childish. What's the passive aggressive comment I made to you?

You told me very little. It's disingenuous to gloss over "historical, socio-economic and political reasons". I might and might not disagree in context of your question, "I take it you disagree", so I told you the guy's been thinking about this for more then five minutes in this video. You should look into it if you're curious.
I should look into whether or not you disagree?

Ok. I'm sure you are correct