Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Withnail

I will just say. I haven't been following each individual incident as closely but the Breonna Taylor case has been mentioned by sports people a lot so couldn't avoid it. Everything I heard makes it seem like the cops charged in and shot an innocent nurse in her bedroom. No mention of the boyfriend shooting first, the drug connections etc The narrative setting can be scary and I'd argue counter productive to the goals of police n prison reform.
Well the information is out there so any discussion this far down the line usually assumes you know the facts.

The 'drug connection' was based on out of date information, given she had cut all ties with that suspect.

The problems people have with the case are procedural and the police shot multiple rounds into the apartment blindly, killing her, which is against policy. They are supposed to have a clear line of sight to who they are shooting at.

For some reason they sent the stand-by ambulance away an hour before the raid which is also against procedure and medical attention only arrived after the boyfriend called 911. It's unlikely she could have been saved in any case for to the severity of her injuries.

There was also the question of whether they announced they were police and they have changed that to now outlaw 'no-knock' entries in Louisville.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Appreciate the additional information lads. I agree with africanspur that there is the counterpart narrative setting that can get pretty insidious citing past criminal history or drug use or whatever. I will just say what I've been saying since this conversation picked up steam about a decade ago, cops need better training and the cdc or some government organization needs all the data possible to come up with solutions. The idea that you don't know how many bullets are fired or people are shot by a police force in this day and age is crazy.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well the information is out there so any discussion this far down the line usually assumes you know the facts.

The 'drug connection' was based on out of date information, given she had cut all ties with that suspect.

The problems people have with the case are procedural and the police shot multiple rounds into the apartment blindly, killing her, which is against policy. They are supposed to have a clear line of sight to who they are shooting at.

For some reason they sent the stand-by ambulance away an hour before the raid which is also against procedure and medical attention only arrived after the boyfriend called 911. It's unlikely she could have been saved in any case for to the severity of her injuries.

There was also the question of whether they announced they were police and they have changed that to now outlaw 'no-knock' entries in Louisville.
From what I've read the no knock warrant was changed so they were supposed to just knock and announce themselves. Not be bashing the door down whether on not they did actually announce themselves. I don't think it was clear enough even in the event they did as why is her partner shooting at the police when he's not wanted for anything?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
From what I've read the no knock warrant was changed so they were supposed to just knock and announce themselves. Not be bashing the door down whether on not they did actually announce themselves. I don't think it was clear enough even in the event they did as why is her partner shooting at the police when he's not wanted for anything?
Maybe because thee guys bashed in his door in the middle of the night without announcing who they were?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe because thee guys bashed in his door in the middle of the night without announcing who they were?
I meant that the police didn't make it clear that it was the police, even if they did try to announce themselves because he acted like people were breaking into the house.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I meant that the police didn't make it clear that it was the police, even if they did try to announce themselves because he acted like people were breaking into the house.
Ah, got it. Sounds like we’re on the same page.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If such a thing as a no-knock policy is or has been in place in a country where you're legally allowed to shoot trespassers then you've basically designed something where people and police officers are meant to shoot at each other.

The Firestarter

If such a thing as a no-knock policy is or has been in place in a country where you're legally allowed to shoot trespassers then you've basically designed something where people and police officers are meant to shoot at each other.
Does no knock policy mean police don't have to shout-announce themselves?

arnie_ni

Didnt they have a no knock warrant though?

That part of the equation isnt their fault.

Blindly firing is.

There's two issues going on here

arnie_ni

i can see why it would be a policy.

It doesnt give time for criminals to escape or flush drugs or whatever, but ot does lead to other issues such as excatly what happened here, someone rightly defending themselves.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Didnt they have a no knock warrant though?

That part of the equation isnt their fault.

Blindly firing is.

There's two issues going on here
They had a no knock warrant, but according WaPo it was illegally filled out. Also, they can’t have their cake and eat it too. They can’t hide behind having a no knock warrant while also claiming they gave ample warning (which only one witness says they heard, only only after saying in two interviews with police they didn’t before being “convinced” in the third interview they had).

Edit: this may be helpful.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ormation-about-breonna-taylor/?outputType=amp

lewwoo

This is all manna from heaven for the far right. Great way to turn the average person against a worthy cause by rioting and burning down neighbourhoods.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Oh for fecks sake!

The city is gong to burn because of this! Frankly with decisions like this I think it deserves to.
:eek: :houllier: That's just stupid post. It's not the City's or even City people's fault. It's only certain people making that decision, or get involved.

lewwoo

Not sure how a 95% white marxist group rioting and burning down innocent peoples homes and businesses are helping anybodies cause. My best mate, yes I know its a cliche, is Jamaican. They dont speak for him.

Jericholyte2

:eek: :houllier: That's just stupid post. It's not the City's or even City people's fault. It's only certain people making that decision, or get involved.
https://www.cricketcountry.com/arti...vilion-of-nevill-ground-tunbridge-wells-25094

In April 1913, Suffragettes went to the Tunbridge Wells Cricket Club pavilion, protesting that women weren’t allowed in the building. The reported reply from an official was, "It is not true that women are banned from the pavilion. Who do you think makes the teas?".

In response the group burned down the pavilion - it wasn’t the club’s fault, but official representatives took liberties with the disenfranchised and result was escalation.

Withnail

I hadn't thought about that. Yep that's pretty dumb.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
that's right, rules have changed, police finally taking off the kid gloves

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
that's right, rules have changed, police finally taking off the kid gloves

It’s a bit ofd that rounds weren’t fired when he put his hand in his pocket. The police could have been distracted by his man tits too much to realize what happened. Brad obviously needs to use his wife’s plastic surgeon.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Never knew about the masturbatory policy...

Cereal thing is also true, it’s easily found on YT. That level of initiation is quite an underwhelming event.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I read in quora that they announced a few times, even knock with a sworn witness neughbour testifying

I don't know which one is true but one of them must be false
If you read the link I posted above the witness you mentioned said there was no warning the first two times they were questioned, but suddenly remembered hearing something the third time. I rarely give the police any benefit of the doubt, but especially in this case I do t believe a single thing they say.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I read in quora that they announced a few times, even knock with a sworn witness neughbour testifying

I don't know which one is true but one of them must be false
At least half a dozen other neighbors stated that they heard nothing before the entry. Not as sworn witnesses, though.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hmm just watching the whole of this. The fact that Floyd shouted I can't breathe several times before, he got a knee on his neck and had a massive lethal fentanyl dose in his system is probably gonna going to swing things in favour of Chauvin in the court. However sitting your knee on a man's neck who's already saying he can't breath makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited: