Protests following the killing of George Floyd

hobbers

That store owner getting beaten to death with boots, rocks and planks... what sub human scum they are. Sort of thing you'd expect to see in an ISIS promo video.

jungledrums

he supposedly died from his injuries. video clip only showed half the story though. Allegedly had a sword and was threatening to use it on looters of his store or something. Anyone in the dallas area confirm this? Be safe all, shit ain’t worth your life.
Jesus. That is fecking murder.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

he supposedly died from his injuries. video clip only showed half the story though. Allegedly had a sword and was threatening to use it on looters of his store or something. Anyone in the dallas area confirm this? Be safe all, shit ain’t worth your life.
This could be 2020’s Reginald Denny? Nah, this isn’t remotely close.

Revan

Assumptionman
Sickening to watch. Why the feck did that need to happen? What was the lunatic doing with a machete? Is it true he was defending his property?
Reddit says that he is alive:
And that the store was not his, but who the feck really knows.

jungledrums

Him and all that attacked him should be jailed!
It’s chaos. Look at the cowards scurrying in to get a kick in. That is sickening in every way.

These people are alienating the very cause they are ‘fighting’ for - a horrible thing happened to George Floyd. Murder isn’t the answer - it is, ironically, literally the problem. You can bet Trump et al will now focus on this barbarism rather than focusing on what sparked all this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

And I'm sure there are more than is on that graphic.
If you include peaceful protests, that might be around half the cities. It’s basically every major city in the US at this point so far as I can tell.

Hey @Abizzz, do you remember the good old days when I made an offhand suggestion at the start of the thread to change the title from Twin Cities riots to something more generic because there were 2 or 3 other cities? Those were the days...

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s chaos. Look at the cowards scurrying in to get a kick in. That is sickening in every way.

These people are alienating the very cause they are ‘fighting’ for - a horrible thing happened to George Floyd. Murder isn’t the answer - it is, ironically, literally the problem. You can bet Trump et al will now focus on this barbarism rather than focusing on what sparked all this.
I don’t condone what happened to him, but he did charge people with a sword at a time when tensions are raised. If it wasn’t his store I’d like to know what happened prior to the video. I’m hoping he makes a full recovery and that the injuries aren’t as bad as they looked.

you can't expect both sides of the races to go back tomorrow as if nothing's happening
I assume that’s the plan.

Abizzz

If you include peaceful protests, that might be around half the cities. It’s basically every major city in the US at this point so far as I can tell.

Hey @Abizzz, do you remember the good old days when I made an offhand suggestion at the start of the thread to change the title from Twin Cities riots to something more generic because there were 2 or 3 other cities? Those were the days...
Yeah absolutely, if I were into memes this would be the time for the "that escalated quickly" meme :)
These riots sets healing back a good few decades

you can't expect both sides of the races to go back tomorrow as if nothing's happening
Going back to the previous status quo isn't exactly desirable for everyone.

This is the young lady who spoke so eloquently that @sammsky1 and I were referring to earlier:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
These riots sets healing back a good few decades
Am not sure ‘both’ sides can be easily defined. This time around the civilians were racially mixed, educated, and empowered by social media, unlike previous generations which were predominantly black people with little influence.

This time, the curtain behind police brutality has been truly removed. ‘Karen’ also helped the cause by demonstrating the sheer range of abuse.

So many white Americans have now also been directly traumatised by police brutality during these protests, and everyone has felt sick seeing it.

So in that sense, the only losers are the abusing cops. I can’t see how they will be tolerated by their colleagues any more. Reform of police will become one of the top 2020 election issue and require major promises from both party’s.

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And if you're witness to this or in a state where this can happen to you, how is that not going to have you wish the worst possible kind of harm come to people who do, or are complicit, to this kind of atrocity?

That they do this whilst filmed, immediately lends itself to the question of what goes on when cameras aren't pointed at them.

There is an absolute level of disregard for the man being literally savaged on the ground; the same kind of disdain that repeats itself so many times in these videos.

These are not people who need 'training' or 're-education', they are people who should be nowhere near the police or any position where they have the opportunity to exert dominion over others.

AaronRedDevil

It started with George Floyd murder. But it's not even about him anymore. People are using him to go rioting for the sake of it. And get free shit. As I said way back in the beginning of the riots. This is senseless violence at this point. Most of the protesters are protesting the right way. But beating the shit out of a man defending himself shows all you need to know with rioting groups like that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is what happens when you have a vile and devicive
It started with George Floyd murder. But it's not even about him anymore. People are using him to go rioting for the sake of it. And get free shit. As I said way back in the beginning of the riots. This is senseless violence at this point.
When things get out of hand their is always added criminality added on top. That doesn't mean it isn't about racism and disenfranchisement hugely contributed to by having a racist, white supremacists supporting narcissist/sociopath like Trump in charge.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'm tired of the racism angle. We need to get to the bottom of that spirit and route it out and throw it out. Racism is a tool that is used. Perhaps all their are legitimately upset. Perhaps some are paid to be for some stupid agenda. Just don't care at this point in time. The media spread this racism. Films spread this racism. It's got to stop. I hate to be the one to say it but maybe they should look to God about how to behave. This is too organised. Who is behind this? What are they saying and what do they want to achieve?

In USA, they push white supremacy. They push white guilt. Ideas are promoted that you can only be racist if you are white. I don't see anywhere - as much organisation so when form no opinion. Because it adds to the flame. They are stirring the pot and people need to know WHO is behind it and hold them to account. Many people that act the victim are completely fake (NOT all) but many are for political agendas.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It started with George Floyd murder. But it's not even about him anymore. People are using him to go rioting for the sake of it. And get free shit. As I said way back in the beginning of the riots. This is senseless violence at this point.
It's actually anything but, rather, a vehicle for numerous parties to further their objectives under the auspices of 'George Floyd', which is working an absolute charm.

Those actually protesting against the police and for the end to mistreatment are being drowned out by piggybackers who could not care less. There are people baying for this to get worse for a myriad of reasons.

As a distraction method, Trump mobilising his troops via incendiary social media, has also been a marvel - the talk of Covid-19 has become redundant, which is ironic given these protests will see that spread like wildfire in a few weeks.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm tired of the racism angle. We need to get to the bottom of that spirit and route it out and throw it out. Racism is a tool that is used. Perhaps all their are legitimately upset. Perhaps some are paid to be for some stupid agenda. Just don't care at this point in time. The media spread this racism. Films spread this racism. It's got to stop. I hate to be the one to say it but maybe they should look to God about how to behave. This is too organised. Who is behind this? What are they saying and what do they want to achieve?

In USA, they push white supremacy. They push white guilt. Ideas are promoted that you can only be racist if you are white. I don't see anywhere - as much organisation so when form no opinion. Because it adds to the flame. They are stirring the pot and people need to know WHO is behind it and hold them to account. Many people that act the victim are completely fake (NOT all) but many are for political agendas.
Jesus Christ.

Gee Male

The blame game in this thread is a shit show.

These are legitimate protests that have now got out of hand. Then someone sets out the possibility that the out of hand part is nothing to do with the protestors, they've been infiltrated, set up.

My natural inclination with that reaction is to dismiss it as a conspiracy, but one I'm obviously sympathetic to - I am on the side of the protestors, so I want to defend them and their cause, but on the balance of probabilities blaming someone else for the riots seems a stretch.

On here, the infiltration is widely accepted, but only if those infiltrating are not on our side. I mean, it is definitely those white supremacists and not at all those antifa lads, right? Why would antifa get involved? Why wouldn't the white supremacists march with the predominantly black protestors to take advantage of whenever it might turn ugly?

Lack of balance on this type of stuff drives me mental. Achilles earlier in the thread made a point that the majority disagreed with, he stuck to his guns, so the majority turn to 'dude are you even black' and then predictably 'you are disrespecting Floyd!' And then he lost his shit, ban fair enough.

But still, zero balance, comments disagreeing with the narrative generally not welcome. It literally is a mirror image of what Trump does, but I would guess that Trump is aware of the shit he does. Drives me mental that the majority can't just be... better.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Sooooo......

Who’s behind it?

psychdelicblues

What a car crash of a post.